Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist 17:30 - Mar 5 with 3923 viewsHighjack

Absolutely world class. If that was a big name player for who did that for a big club the pundits would be drooling over it for months.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 17:33 - Mar 5 with 3609 viewsjojaca

He's tried that all season and finally one comes off.

Even when you know, you never know?

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 17:35 - Mar 5 with 3592 viewsWhiterockin

A couple of months ago many were saying that the players should cut out the flicks and do the basics right. Strange how results change opinions.
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 17:57 - Mar 5 with 3498 viewsmonmouth

He needs to be taught to pass the thing with his instep.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:02 - Mar 5 with 3455 viewsSwansNZ

Big named player? Sigurdsson is quite a big name.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:07 - Mar 5 with 3428 viewsTheFranchise

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:02 - Mar 5 by SwansNZ

Big named player? Sigurdsson is quite a big name.

I'd say the way he's played this season, most teams outside the top 4 would love to have him.
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:40 - Mar 5 with 3334 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It made ESPN's Top 10 Plays of the Day over here.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:46 - Mar 5 with 3303 viewsjack2jack

Great finish by Olsson btw!
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:55 - Mar 5 with 3267 viewsLoyal

It's a cliche' but had that been a Chelsea or Man Utd goal etc ......

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 19:02 - Mar 5 with 3229 viewsmonmouth

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:55 - Mar 5 by Loyal

Imagine Rooney back heel to Rashford....

Jesus, it would be in the MOTD title sequence before you could say Lineker.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 19:53 - Mar 5 with 3125 viewsRunning_Man

Absolutely brilliant. He is now level with Christian Eriksen with the most assists in the premium league.
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 20:01 - Mar 5 with 3083 viewsMuteswan

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 19:53 - Mar 5 by Running_Man

Absolutely brilliant. He is now level with Christian Eriksen with the most assists in the premium league.

It was a back heeled flick that should have won us a penalty against Chelsea

Likes a flick does our Siggy !
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 20:20 - Mar 5 with 3022 viewsJack123

That goal was superb, I think I have said before.. It's like we are going back to the Laudraup era.. exciting as ferk to watch.

libera nos a malo

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 21:43 - Mar 5 with 2883 viewswhiterock

Exciting times indeed, I was reading about Lincoln earlier on and remember playing them on a regular basis
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 21:55 - Mar 5 with 2832 viewsKerouac

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 17:35 - Mar 5 by Whiterockin

A couple of months ago many were saying that the players should cut out the flicks and do the basics right. Strange how results change opinions.

Don't you think that "do(ing) the basics right" has led to results improving and confidence growing until we have reached the point where we are trying to play good football again?

For me all of the players are benefiting from an imposed structure which masks our flaws and now feel able to express themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 06:58 - Mar 6 with 2640 viewsjack247

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:55 - Mar 5 by Loyal

Or even a Swans goal under Rodgers or Laudrup
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 07:00 - Mar 6 with 2635 viewsjack247

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 17:33 - Mar 5 by jojaca

He's tried that all season and finally one comes off.

Fair point. He exasperated me a few times earlier in the season playing flicks when there was an easy ball on.

I don't mind admitting I love it when stuff like that comes off though
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 08:02 - Mar 6 with 2557 viewsE20Jack

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 07:00 - Mar 6 by jack247

Fair point. He exasperated me a few times earlier in the season playing flicks when there was an easy ball on.

I don't mind admitting I love it when stuff like that comes off though

People need to stop seeing it as unnecessary showboating though. Passes like that are not easily seen or read by defences, if he had turned and played the obvious conventional ball, not only would Olssen be offside but the ball would have probably been cut out and easily read. These backheels and flicks are a great addition to a teams atacking armoury rather than being purely for vanity or entertainment value. If Siggy wanted to play Olssen through, that was literally the only ball he could play, the fact he managed to execute it so perfectly was stunning.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 8:04]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 09:18 - Mar 6 with 2487 viewsjack247

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 08:02 - Mar 6 by E20Jack

People need to stop seeing it as unnecessary showboating though. Passes like that are not easily seen or read by defences, if he had turned and played the obvious conventional ball, not only would Olssen be offside but the ball would have probably been cut out and easily read. These backheels and flicks are a great addition to a teams atacking armoury rather than being purely for vanity or entertainment value. If Siggy wanted to play Olssen through, that was literally the only ball he could play, the fact he managed to execute it so perfectly was stunning.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2017 8:04]

Well yeah, when it works and we score it looks fantastic. When it doesn't, we concede possession and the opposition score (I think it was Middlesbrough), no-one comes on here and says it was the only ball he could have played.

There is definitely a time and a place for it. Having players on a similar wavelength like Carroll and Olson around him certainly helps with that kind of pass.
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 09:24 - Mar 6 with 2473 viewsFireboy

It was very much needed at the time

We was 2-1 down and struggling to break them

And siggy was in the final third so less risky

It's definitely worth a shot as a few have said the oppo don't really expect it,plus ollsson is always looking to overlap
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 09:58 - Mar 6 with 2427 viewsLegend83

The backheel was special, but fair play to Olssen for a fantastic first touch which put the ball in exactly the right place (with 2 defenders coming across him to cover) for him to smash it in the near post.

He is a revelation for us!
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 10:04 - Mar 6 with 2410 viewsClinton

If it was Alli there would have been a collective creaming of jeans in the MOTD studio.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 10:17 - Mar 6 with 2384 viewsDafyddHuw

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 18:46 - Mar 5 by jack2jack

Great finish by Olsson btw!

It was, but look at Llorente unmarked in the box. Olsson must have a lot of confidence in himself to take on the shot rather than passing. If he'da missed he'da been slated for beiong a greedy feck. That's two he's scored now going for the near post. It's what defenders/goalies don't expect, but you have to be very accurate. I luvs it when players aren't afraid to fail - it's a good sign of confidence.

If we can keep PC/Llorente/Siggy over the summer (think we're staying up now), we might see even more exciting football than under Laudrup. Most of the time I love the fact that we're a small club contiunually punchinhg above it's weight. The disadvantages are that bigger clubs can tempt players/coaches/managers away with promises of European football.
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 12:26 - Mar 6 with 2293 viewsSilverSurfer

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 10:17 - Mar 6 by DafyddHuw

It was, but look at Llorente unmarked in the box. Olsson must have a lot of confidence in himself to take on the shot rather than passing. If he'da missed he'da been slated for beiong a greedy feck. That's two he's scored now going for the near post. It's what defenders/goalies don't expect, but you have to be very accurate. I luvs it when players aren't afraid to fail - it's a good sign of confidence.

If we can keep PC/Llorente/Siggy over the summer (think we're staying up now), we might see even more exciting football than under Laudrup. Most of the time I love the fact that we're a small club contiunually punchinhg above it's weight. The disadvantages are that bigger clubs can tempt players/coaches/managers away with promises of European football.

If siggy wanted to leave he would have gone in Jan when we were right in the mire.

Also PC seems to have more credibility than Brendan Ego Rodgers or Michael non committal Laudrup.

I'm hopeful that they will both be here for a while yet
Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 14:21 - Mar 6 with 2193 viewsDr_Winston

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 10:17 - Mar 6 by DafyddHuw

He's going to be chock full of confidence having done it twice already.

Don't mind him doing it. If it's on target there's a decent chance of it either going in or rebounding off the keeper into the danger area anyway.

Nice to have a couple of defenders capable of chipping in with goals.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 14:31 - Mar 6 with 2176 viewsTheFranchise

Siggy's backheeled volleyed through ball assist on 14:21 - Mar 6 by Dr_Winston

He's going to be chock full of confidence having done it twice already.

Don't mind him doing it. If it's on target there's a decent chance of it either going in or rebounding off the keeper into the danger area anyway.

Nice to have a couple of defenders capable of chipping in with goals.

Plus as a goal threat and a purposeful runner, he draws defenders to himself and away from the beast in the middle.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024