Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French presidential election run off. 19:26 - Apr 23 with 9431 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will be between Macron and Le Pen.

Poll: Tory leader

French presidential election run off. on 04:18 - May 8 with 993 viewsPURe_Evil

French presidential election run off. on 00:48 - May 8 by Jack_Meoff

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

All we've ever had, and all we'll ever be offered.

Mugs.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 0:50]

If May gets voted in, who has basically taken in UKIP policies - all the morons who voted for her will be crying.
French presidential election run off. on 08:13 - May 8 with 947 viewsyescomeon

Good to see that the anti EU sentiment is not there in anywhere near the levels it's made out to be by our media. Against anyone else I would have hated Macron, as establishment as they come, perhaps she might have beaten him had she not wanted to withdraw from the EU and return to the Franc.

Upthecity!

French presidential election run off. on 09:52 - May 8 with 916 viewsdickythorpe

Un billet autocar gratuit pour Sunderland s'il vous plait
French presidential election run off. on 10:20 - May 8 with 903 viewsLegend83

Interesting times.

So the country with some of the most out-dated (and beneficial to the workers) employment laws and conditions in the Western world has just voted for a man who has promised to tear it up?

Hmm. More likely Macron has won on an "anybody but Marine" ticket.

He could end up being absolutely toothless after the full leglislative elections anyway.
French presidential election run off. on 13:13 - May 8 with 870 viewsShaky

The Brexit vote was supposed to be the beginning of the great EU unravelling they said.

First with Britain at the vanguard, then the Dutch to vote leave followed by the French, leading to the the breakup of the doomed EU, was the prophecy of Farage et all delivered with the assured self-confidence of the spiv he is.

Nope, that turned out to be just the ramblings of a nutter, who by some freak of nature came to represent the UK mainstream. Stupid fcukers.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

French presidential election run off. on 13:28 - May 8 with 864 viewsDarran

French presidential election run off. on 13:13 - May 8 by Shaky

The Brexit vote was supposed to be the beginning of the great EU unravelling they said.

First with Britain at the vanguard, then the Dutch to vote leave followed by the French, leading to the the breakup of the doomed EU, was the prophecy of Farage et all delivered with the assured self-confidence of the spiv he is.

Nope, that turned out to be just the ramblings of a nutter, who by some freak of nature came to represent the UK mainstream. Stupid fcukers.

Have they had a vote to leave Europe in France and Holland then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

French presidential election run off. on 13:42 - May 8 with 857 viewsShaky

Haven;t been following the news recently, Des?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-netherlands-election-open-idUSKBN16M0MB

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/07/theresa-may-congratulates-macron-o

And here's the would be soothsayer, doing what all good charlatans do: postponing the estimated date of reckoning:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/801525/Emmanuel-Macron-French-presidentia

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 13:52 - May 8 with 841 viewsDarran

French presidential election run off. on 13:42 - May 8 by Shaky

Haven;t been following the news recently, Des?

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-netherlands-election-open-idUSKBN16M0MB

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/07/theresa-may-congratulates-macron-o

And here's the would be soothsayer, doing what all good charlatans do: postponing the estimated date of reckoning:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/801525/Emmanuel-Macron-French-presidentia

So that's a no then.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

French presidential election run off. on 14:00 - May 8 with 837 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 13:52 - May 8 by Darran

So that's a no then.

Yes and no, Des.

You see in other countries people tend to vote for and elect politicians who then make decisions on their behalf. A novel concept indeed.

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 14:01 - May 8 with 832 viewswaynekerr55

French presidential election run off. on 09:52 - May 8 by dickythorpe

Un billet autocar gratuit pour Sunderland s'il vous plait

Can you translate that?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

French presidential election run off. on 14:08 - May 8 with 830 viewsLegend83

French presidential election run off. on 14:00 - May 8 by Shaky

Yes and no, Des.

You see in other countries people tend to vote for and elect politicians who then make decisions on their behalf. A novel concept indeed.

Is that what has happened?

I was under the impression that the legislative vote to install MPs into the French Parliament who will have the power to make policy had not yet happened...

And as 'Des' points out, this was a General Election presidency vote not a binary yes or no vote on a single issue.

UKIP didn't win the GE in the UK yet Brexit is happening.
French presidential election run off. on 14:12 - May 8 with 826 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 14:08 - May 8 by Legend83

Is that what has happened?

I was under the impression that the legislative vote to install MPs into the French Parliament who will have the power to make policy had not yet happened...

And as 'Des' points out, this was a General Election presidency vote not a binary yes or no vote on a single issue.

UKIP didn't win the GE in the UK yet Brexit is happening.

Because the then political leadership of the country decided to hold a referendum.

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 14:17 - May 8 with 815 viewsHighjack

French presidential election run off. on 13:28 - May 8 by Darran

Have they had a vote to leave Europe in France and Holland then?

Nope and the EU won't be allowing them to. They don't agree with the concept of democracy as they know best. Plus they know what the result will be.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

French presidential election run off. on 14:18 - May 8 with 815 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 14:12 - May 8 by Shaky

Because the then political leadership of the country decided to hold a referendum.

. . As did Le Pen. See:

Marine Le Pen promises liberation from the EU with France-first policies

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/05/marine-le-pen-promises-liberation-

". . .Published on Saturday, the document, . . . pledges . . . to hold a referendum on France’s EU membership. "

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 14:20 - May 8 with 812 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 14:17 - May 8 by Highjack

Nope and the EU won't be allowing them to. They don't agree with the concept of democracy as they know best. Plus they know what the result will be.

Please. Fruit cake conspiracy theories a la Farage.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 14:21 - May 8 with 811 viewsLegend83

French presidential election run off. on 14:12 - May 8 by Shaky

I guess we'll see how this plays out once:

a) Macron has rid France of all their beloved and well-protected public sector non-jobs;

b) The UK has left the EU and France is expected to fill a large proportion of the funding gap to prop up basket-case economies in Greece, Portugal etc.

Just like in the US, the French have voted in who they believe is the least "sh*t" option. The electorate get the leader they deserve.
French presidential election run off. on 14:26 - May 8 with 808 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 14:21 - May 8 by Legend83

I guess we'll see how this plays out once:

a) Macron has rid France of all their beloved and well-protected public sector non-jobs;

b) The UK has left the EU and France is expected to fill a large proportion of the funding gap to prop up basket-case economies in Greece, Portugal etc.

Just like in the US, the French have voted in who they believe is the least "sh*t" option. The electorate get the leader they deserve.

Macron has done nothing, because as you pont out he does not have any kind of political majority.

How this plays out is anybody's guess.

But one thing is certain; the French have just overwhelmingly rejected narrow nationalism and embraced the existing European order.

Vive la difference!

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 14:35 - May 8 with 798 viewsHighjack

French presidential election run off. on 14:20 - May 8 by Shaky

Please. Fruit cake conspiracy theories a la Farage.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee.

You're a walking cliché factory.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

French presidential election run off. on 14:48 - May 8 with 789 viewswaynekerr55

French presidential election run off. on 14:26 - May 8 by Shaky

Macron has done nothing, because as you pont out he does not have any kind of political majority.

But one thing is certain; the French have just overwhelmingly rejected narrow nationalism and embraced the existing European order.

Vive la difference!

Espirit de corps!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 8 with 783 viewsLegend83

French presidential election run off. on 14:26 - May 8 by Shaky

Vive la difference!

11 million French voted for Le Pen and another 12 million abstained or spoiled their vote.

Given registered voters in France has averaged around 46 million in the last few major elections, I would say that is hardly an overwhelming endorsement of a pro-EU agenda.
French presidential election run off. on 15:05 - May 8 with 775 viewsKerouac

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 8 by Legend83

11 million French voted for Le Pen and another 12 million abstained or spoiled their vote.

Given registered voters in France has averaged around 46 million in the last few major elections, I would say that is hardly an overwhelming endorsement of a pro-EU agenda.

It is hilarious.

Macron making out the vote was a pro-EU vote (e.g. playing the EU anthem instead of the French one at his victory speech)...the bloke was forced to pretend he had Eurosceptic credentials during the campaign, because the EU is so unpopular.

There he was calling for reform, mutualisation of Eurozone debt
Brussels, Merkel, the European establishment openly campaigned for him...
a DAY after he is named President, Merkel's right-hand man Schauble comes out and quashes any idea that Macron's "reforms" are possible.
The Germans will never agree to mutualise the debt (only 24% of Germans polled think that is a good idea) and it is the GERMANS who run the EU.

All of the pro-EU politicians who claim that they want reform and can achieve it, they are all lying to you.

There are going to be some angry motherfukkers in France these next couple of years, you watch.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 15:12]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

French presidential election run off. on 15:06 - May 8 with 775 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 8 by Legend83

Macron took two thirds of the vote.

You evidently don't think that represents a ringing endorsement, but I'd wager you additionally interpret the 51.9% polled by the Leave side in the UK refernedum as the undisputed will of the people. Right?

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 15:29 - May 8 with 756 viewsLegend83

French presidential election run off. on 15:06 - May 8 by Shaky

Macron took two thirds of the vote.

You evidently don't think that represents a ringing endorsement, but I'd wager you additionally interpret the 51.9% polled by the Leave side in the UK refernedum as the undisputed will of the people. Right?

Wrong! Though I am pro-Brexit I have always maintained the result was too close to take a positive action and there should have been a minimum swing (say 55:45) before anything quite so momentous was allowed to progress.

You said "the French overwhelmingly...embraced the EU" - In my opinion this is just not the case. Against such a divisive opponent, a large proportion of his votes will likely have been on an "anyone but Le Pen ticket" whether the voter was anti-EU or not. That's not forgetting the 12 million that were not willing to vote for either candidate.

As I said, all in my opinion and not stating anything as fact.
French presidential election run off. on 16:36 - May 8 with 728 viewsShaky

French presidential election run off. on 15:29 - May 8 by Legend83

Wrong! Though I am pro-Brexit I have always maintained the result was too close to take a positive action and there should have been a minimum swing (say 55:45) before anything quite so momentous was allowed to progress.

You said "the French overwhelmingly...embraced the EU" - In my opinion this is just not the case. Against such a divisive opponent, a large proportion of his votes will likely have been on an "anyone but Le Pen ticket" whether the voter was anti-EU or not. That's not forgetting the 12 million that were not willing to vote for either candidate.

As I said, all in my opinion and not stating anything as fact.

Well if you belive that some sort of super-majority should have been required to leave the EU I agree and take off my hat to you.

That is for example what is required to adopt changes to the consittution in the US.

Second, exactly anyone but Le Pen, including those spoiled ballots and the abstentions from the left. An overwhelming rejection of isolationism and the the anti-EU agenda at the cornerstone of her platform.

Misology -- It's a bitch

French presidential election run off. on 16:57 - May 8 with 714 viewssherpajacob

Leave EU taking it well.

Before long we'll have some Tory Grandee invoking the spirit of Mers el Kebir

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024