Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
French presidential election run off. 19:26 - Apr 23 with 9427 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will be between Macron and Le Pen.

Poll: Tory leader

French presidential election run off. on 14:55 - May 7 with 1109 viewsLohengrin

French presidential election run off. on 13:02 - May 7 by Ebo

Le Pen is following the same tactics, to the letter, as any populist leader who tries to disguise their fascism as national sentiments. Saying what you said is such an insult to history books it hurts.

I don't follow you? How can my pointing out that Ms Le Pen is not nor ever has been a holocaust denier be seen as an insult in any form?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 7 with 1104 viewsHighjack

I hope le pen wins so we get more topless lady protestors.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 7 with 1102 viewsLohengrin

French presidential election run off. on 14:56 - May 7 by Highjack

I hope le pen wins so we get more topless lady protestors.

French presidential election run off. on 15:19 - May 7 with 1081 viewsrock1n

Her neice is the one to watch out for.

She is very attractive, intelligent more right wing than her Aunt. More classically National Front but could get the youth on board.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

French presidential election run off. on 16:02 - May 7 with 1057 viewsKerouac

From the BBC...

How would they boost the economy?

Whoever wins will inherit a country with unemployment of about 10% and low growth. So what would they do about the economy?

Macron wants:
1 - Budget savings of €60bn (£51bn; $65bn), so that France sticks to the EU deficit limit of 3% of GDP (total output)
2 - Public investments worth €50bn spread over five years for environmental measures, apprenticeships, digital innovation and public infrastructure
3 - To lower corporation tax to 25% from 33.3%

Le Pen wants to:

1 - Introduce "intelligent protectionism", including favouring French firms in public sector contracts
2 - Abandon the euro and bring back the franc
3 - Free up loans for small businesses by lowering interest charges

It strikes me that those in the UK who created blue bloody murder regarding the coalition government and now behave as though we are goverened by fascists are also those who shout the loudest in support of Macron....yet his policies are nearly identical to the UK's policies of the past 7 years or so.

Meanwhile Le Pen is closer to Corbyn than any other UK politician.

Strange times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

French presidential election run off. on 16:53 - May 7 with 1031 viewsrock1n

French presidential election run off. on 16:02 - May 7 by Kerouac

From the BBC...

How would they boost the economy?

Whoever wins will inherit a country with unemployment of about 10% and low growth. So what would they do about the economy?

Macron wants:
1 - Budget savings of €60bn (£51bn; $65bn), so that France sticks to the EU deficit limit of 3% of GDP (total output)
2 - Public investments worth €50bn spread over five years for environmental measures, apprenticeships, digital innovation and public infrastructure
3 - To lower corporation tax to 25% from 33.3%

Le Pen wants to:

1 - Introduce "intelligent protectionism", including favouring French firms in public sector contracts
2 - Abandon the euro and bring back the franc
3 - Free up loans for small businesses by lowering interest charges

It strikes me that those in the UK who created blue bloody murder regarding the coalition government and now behave as though we are goverened by fascists are also those who shout the loudest in support of Macron....yet his policies are nearly identical to the UK's policies of the past 7 years or so.

Meanwhile Le Pen is closer to Corbyn than any other UK politician.

Strange times.

Innit

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

French presidential election run off. on 20:04 - May 7 with 975 viewsexiledclaseboy

65/35 in favour of Macron. A comprehensive rejection of the politics of fear and division. Vive le France.

French presidential election run off. on 20:14 - May 7 with 961 viewsLohengrin

French presidential election run off. on 20:04 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

65/35 in favour of Macron. A comprehensive rejection of the politics of fear and division. Vive le France.

Marine polled over eleven million votes in the face of a hostile media and the combined political machinery of Brussels and Paris. That's not to be sniffed at.

What happens next is civil disorder on the grand scale as the bastard love child of Blair and Thatcher goes after the pay, conditions and pensions of French workers. Buckle-up it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Login to get fewer ads

French presidential election run off. on 20:17 - May 7 with 955 viewsexiledclaseboy

French presidential election run off. on 20:14 - May 7 by Lohengrin

Marine polled over eleven million votes in the face of a hostile media and the combined political machinery of Brussels and Paris. That's not to be sniffed at.

What happens next is civil disorder on the grand scale as the bastard love child of Blair and Thatcher goes after the pay, conditions and pensions of French workers. Buckle-up it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Take your le Pen poster down old son. The dream is over for now at least.

French presidential election run off. on 20:22 - May 7 with 944 viewsLohengrin

French presidential election run off. on 20:17 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

Take your le Pen poster down old son. The dream is over for now at least.

Merde!

French presidential election run off. on 20:50 - May 7 with 914 viewsKilkennyjack

French presidential election run off. on 20:04 - May 7 by exiledclaseboy

Vive la France 🇫🇷 🇪🇺
[Post edited 8 May 2017 0:06]

Beware of the Risen People

French presidential election run off. on 21:15 - May 7 with 895 viewswaynekerr55

French presidential election run off. on 13:25 - May 7 by Ebo

Not as far as I know but her party - go google it's history. Quite shocking.

Yes - it is a pretty dark history. I'm almost certain that she's distanced herself from that, although it's very Farage esque...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

French presidential election run off. on 21:24 - May 7 with 881 viewsLoyal

French presidential election run off. on 20:14 - May 7 by Lohengrin

I predict water canon, smoke, chucking stuff and shouting.
11 million is some army.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

French presidential election run off. on 21:29 - May 7 with 870 viewsLohengrin

French presidential election run off. on 21:24 - May 7 by Loyal

I predict water canon, smoke, chucking stuff and shouting.
11 million is some army.

What always makes me laugh about disputes in France is that farmers and police are members of the same union. When the farmers block the roads the police just stand back and let them get on with it.

French presidential election run off. on 22:52 - May 7 with 832 viewsLord_Bony

French presidential election run off. on 20:49 - Apr 23 by Lord_Bony

Pro-Europe, pro more integration, pro globalisation, closer ties to Germany.

Macron will now become president easily.

Shame as the french under le penne would have pulled out of the Eu and that would have been the end of it.

Brussels will be relieved now.

Just as I predicted 3 weeks ago. Macron wins easily.

Poor Marine...I further predict she will be president of France next time round.

Macron, along with the other EU bureaucratic leadership is now going to tighten the thumb screws on the UK and make our Brexit as excruciatingly painful as possible..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

French presidential election run off. on 23:02 - May 7 with 821 viewsPozuelosSideys

So the French who value their way of life and their beneficial social system have decided an ex investment banker is the way forward. Interesting. As mentioned above, there will be bumps in the road and a return to burning tires and protests.

Cut, cut, cut. Welcome to the 21st century my French friends. We can all retire when we get to 90 years old!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

French presidential election run off. on 23:51 - May 7 with 788 viewsploppy

French presidential election run off. on 20:50 - May 7 by Kilkennyjack

Vive la France 🇫🇷 🇪🇺
[Post edited 8 May 2017 0:06]

It's vive LA France. Feminine. Just saying.
French presidential election run off. on 23:55 - May 7 with 785 viewsDarran

The biggest problem in the UK (the world) at the moment is the Left V Right battle. There's no fuçker in the middle anymore.
If Macron gets it right it could be a marker for the whole of Europe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

French presidential election run off. on 00:06 - May 8 with 773 viewsrock1n

French presidential election run off. on 23:55 - May 7 by Darran

The biggest problem in the UK (the world) at the moment is the Left V Right battle. There's no fuçker in the middle anymore.
If Macron gets it right it could be a marker for the whole of Europe.

For years people moaned 'they're all the same' - basically it was a fight between moderate differences.

Brexit/Corbyn destroyed all this and I can't say I'm happy about it.

I envy France right now, we've left our seat at the table and they'll be powering along. Theresa May is super popular now, give it two years and we'll all be crying out for boring centrist politics again.

French presidential election run off. on 00:08 - May 8 with 772 viewsHighjack

French presidential election run off. on 23:51 - May 7 by ploppy

It's vive LA France. Feminine. Just saying.

That explains a lot about France.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

French presidential election run off. on 00:10 - May 8 with 770 viewsKilkennyjack

French presidential election run off. on 00:06 - May 8 by rock1n

For years people moaned 'they're all the same' - basically it was a fight between moderate differences.

I envy France right now, we've left our seat at the table and they'll be powering along. Theresa May is super popular now, give it two years and we'll all be crying out for boring centrist politics again.

May popular ? Not in Wales.

Only 15 per cent of council seats in wales were Tory.
15 per cent more than it should be, granted, but there you go. Feckwits.

Beware of the Risen People

French presidential election run off. on 00:10 - May 8 with 767 viewsDarran

Boring is good.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

French presidential election run off. on 00:11 - May 8 with 767 viewsrock1n

French presidential election run off. on 00:10 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

May popular ? Not in Wales.

Only 15 per cent of council seats in wales were Tory.
15 per cent more than it should be, granted, but there you go. Feckwits.

Let's see where we are in June.

Local elections are not a good indicator for a general election and anyway I don't see things though narrow Nationalism. I'm British.

French presidential election run off. on 00:18 - May 8 with 765 viewsrock1n

French presidential election run off. on 00:10 - May 8 by Darran

Boring is good.

That's the problem it's harder to argue for boring, yet it is better for the vast majority.

French presidential election run off. on 00:48 - May 8 with 748 viewsJack_Meoff

War is peace, freedom is slavery, ignorance is strength.

All we've ever had, and all we'll ever be offered.

Mugs.
[Post edited 8 May 2017 0:50]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024