Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters 08:52 - May 9 with 27154 viewsNirvana

Granted there aren't that many dumb enough to do it, but to everyone who knocks Siggy week after week (or at all) I offer you an open invite.

Since he is so bad and "jaded" or whatever and we should be happy to sell him, please list a few credible names you think would make better options for us if we stay up.

So far all I've seen from the usual anti-Siggy trolls are Adama Traore, Izzy Brown and Bojan. Thoroughly disappointing list of replacements for someone of Siggy's class and quality.

Not to mention they have a TOTAL of 4 goals, 1 assist in 45 top-flight games this season. That's not going to cut it, and production like that will have us relegated next season.

Anyone else got any names?
[Post edited 9 May 2017 8:53]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:31 - May 21 with 2086 viewsZZoric

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:07 - May 21 by morningstar

Incorrect!

Nice try though.

embarrassing, truly

it's a football forum - try proffering some of ur footballing wisdom instead of deflecting behind inane arguments which u also lose
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:40 - May 21 with 2056 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:31 - May 21 by ZZoric

embarrassing, truly

it's a football forum - try proffering some of ur footballing wisdom instead of deflecting behind inane arguments which u also lose

It's 'you'. Now i suggest you fvckin stay away from me and stop being a fvckin prick! Here's hoping eh? Then there'd be no need for any of this shit would there? Always taking into account of course that your first post in over a week was too pick up on a simple spelling error in a post that i made about not being able to go on holidays as my wife was to ill! Are you getting it now you little fvckwit?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:55 - May 21 with 2018 viewsTreforys_Jack

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a drunk Peter Crouch ffs ,
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:06 - May 21 with 1988 viewsZZoric

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:40 - May 21 by morningstar

It's 'you'. Now i suggest you fvckin stay away from me and stop being a fvckin prick! Here's hoping eh? Then there'd be no need for any of this shit would there? Always taking into account of course that your first post in over a week was too pick up on a simple spelling error in a post that i made about not being able to go on holidays as my wife was to ill! Are you getting it now you little fvckwit?

ffs Starboy - give it a rest - u seem hell bent on having some puerile one-upmanship / last word syndrome

and yet u still persevere with ur shockingly embarrassing use of To and Too - ffs

get a grip
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:11 - May 21 with 1963 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:04 - May 21 by ZZoric

With respect Ayew vs Gylfi as #10 is incomparable in our set-up

Building a team around Gylfi is precisely what we need to do right now - to draw out the best in everybody - the man leads by example and his Football (and IQ) Intelligence is off the chart

Ayew absolutely has an x-factor - which has been leveraged cleverly by PC

I can't remember the last time Siggy got on the ball and I got excited. Apart from his free kicks.

That's it. That's all we get from him. That and working hard.

If a number 10 hasn't got the strength or pace to beat a man, he will at least need to be able to take a ball in close quarters and play his way out. Ayew has great feet can genuinely leave players for dead. Siggy never does this.

And all most fans do is blame players around him. That's bull sh shit.

It's time Siggy took the criticism for his Tesco Value performances. Not every other man and his bloody dog.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:14 - May 21 with 1955 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:06 - May 21 by ZZoric

ffs Starboy - give it a rest - u seem hell bent on having some puerile one-upmanship / last word syndrome

and yet u still persevere with ur shockingly embarrassing use of To and Too - ffs

get a grip

Jesus Christ! Thick as pig shit.

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:21 - May 21 with 1939 viewsswancity

Sigurdson is our best player by some distance. Incredibly covered more distance than any other Premier League player, he has that great football brain to equal another fabulous exponent of the number 10 role in Teddy Sheringham who like Siggy didn't have pace. But an eye for a pass, a run to take away a defender, capable of scoring or making a goal from nothing and on top of all that he's quite possibly the best in the whole of the Premier League from a dead ball situation.

I suspect he'll be gone soon though with a Club like Everton or Liverpool being his most likely destination. He's kept us up this season along with Llorente. Best of luck to him.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:26 - May 21 with 1924 viewsmax936

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:21 - May 21 by swancity

Sigurdson is our best player by some distance. Incredibly covered more distance than any other Premier League player, he has that great football brain to equal another fabulous exponent of the number 10 role in Teddy Sheringham who like Siggy didn't have pace. But an eye for a pass, a run to take away a defender, capable of scoring or making a goal from nothing and on top of all that he's quite possibly the best in the whole of the Premier League from a dead ball situation.

I suspect he'll be gone soon though with a Club like Everton or Liverpool being his most likely destination. He's kept us up this season along with Llorente. Best of luck to him.

I think he's offski to sadly, one of his team mates pushed him over to the fans in the North East I suspect it was to say bye

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:27 - May 21 with 1921 viewsZZoric

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:11 - May 21 by TheResurrection

I can't remember the last time Siggy got on the ball and I got excited. Apart from his free kicks.

If a number 10 hasn't got the strength or pace to beat a man, he will at least need to be able to take a ball in close quarters and play his way out. Ayew has great feet can genuinely leave players for dead. Siggy never does this.

It's time Siggy took the criticism for his Tesco Value performances. Not every other man and his bloody dog.

intriguing, simply hard work and free kick is all.

agreed he is not a conventional #10, but has the ability to be a #10.5, #9.5 or whatever:

- links intelligently
- comes in from the flank, finds space
- drives with positivity
- works his socks off - a la Barca front 3 - across the park

Give that some thought - the man deserves the recognition
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:29 - May 21 with 1914 viewsLoyal

Nobody hates him.
Pointless.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:46 - May 21 with 1878 viewsTheResurrection

I respect all of your opinions and know he's a decent player who tries hard with superb dead ball technique.

However Swancity said he can create or score from nothing and to me he's the exact opposite. He needs everything to be almost perfect, or completely still, for him to do that.

We will be mugging some team off soon and come back to these posts next season, we'll be much better off without him.

Mark my words.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:10 - May 22 with 1809 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:04 - May 21 by ZZoric

With respect Ayew vs Gylfi as #10 is incomparable in our set-up

Building a team around Gylfi is precisely what we need to do right now - to draw out the best in everybody - the man leads by example and his Football (and IQ) Intelligence is off the chart

Ayew absolutely has an x-factor - which has been leveraged cleverly by PC

Great post, ZZoric.

Funny to see some of the same people who knocked Ayew early on proclaiming him to be the epitome of greatness now, innit? Unlike them, I have actually known Ayew's talent from the beginning and supported him through his early struggles, and my post history reflects that. But to put him in Siggy's class is laughable.

As you say, Siggy's quite the bright individual both on and off the pitch, and his play reflects that. He is able to see things most cannot, which is actually the hallmark of a great '10'. Being able to go past someone is nice, but that skill is very common and mostly dominated by wingers. Anyone who uses that to justify some BS critique about Siggy clearly knows very little about football. Messi would struggle to create chances for the likes of Montero/Barrow/Routledge and they would struggle even more to finish them.

Put some competent wingers out there that can truly open up the pitch, horizontally and vertically, and Siggy's flicks and backheels become far more effective. He could be even more prolific in front of goal if those wingers could consistently put quality balls into the box, as well. And add a feisty ballwinner with class to the midfield and Siggy's vision becomes far more pronounced.

Simply put, the best plan is to keep Siggy and strengthen around him. Get some quality in and the club will be far better off than without him.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 5:06]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:26 - May 22 with 1807 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 20:37 - May 21 by JackSomething

I'll stick to my guns that it's more about the players/movement around him rather than his ability. His interplay with Bony (in just half a season together I think?) was breathtaking at times.

He doesn't have the speed, so he needs others to provide it and movement around him to play to his strengths in open play. Teddy Sheringham never had a lot of pace, but was dictating play into his late 30's. I'm not suggesting that Gylfi is that good, but having a better team around him would make a huge difference in my opinion.

Agree here, Something (and Uxbridge, as well).

It shouldn't take a genius to notice how integral Siggy is to our play and the unique role he has within our XI. He doesn't have pace, everyone knows that. Barrow does, though, does that make him a better player? Of course not, because football is about so much more than that. He is the fulcrum that everything balances on, essentially, and we sink or swim depending on his form.

That's more than a bit tenuous, though, and this season proved that. A football team cannot depend on one player, no matter how good. Siggy had a phenomenal, record-breaking season and still that's not enough in the eyes of some unappreciative "facks". Selling Siggy because of our struggles this season would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater. And that's ffukkingg stupid as sshitt, no matter what angle you view it from.

The obvious answer to any true Swans supporter would be to build around Siggy, and hope he stays as long as we can keep him. Bring in some actual quality (relatively speaking here, not talking Coutinho or Alexis) in key areas and strengthen our depth all over the pitch. Do those things and we might be qualifying for Europe next season.
[Post edited 22 May 2017 5:06]
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:33 - May 22 with 1801 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:11 - May 21 by TheResurrection

How precious, Res.

Got any names of players we could bring in if you get your way and we sell Siggy? Well, other than Izzy Ffukkingg Brown, of course?

C'mon, use all that VAST football knowledge you got hidden somewhere. Got to let it out at some point, right? Why not now?

If not, ffukk off.

Back to "not hiding" you go.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:38 - May 22 with 1797 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 21:40 - May 21 by morningstar

Aww poor big bad Internet Toughman. As I said Morning, karma is a bbitchh.

"Don't do unto others as you wouldn't want done unto you"

or whatever.

Nice to see you getting a taste of your own BS for a change. Again, doesn't feel so good, does it?
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:44 - May 22 with 1788 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 22:21 - May 21 by swancity

Great post, Swancity.

Can't figure out why you would defend Res in the past, though, after the content of this post. Maybe you just wanted to have a go at me.

All's good on my end, though, as long as you keep posting stuff like this. Keep up the good work.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 05:44 - May 22 with 1763 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:44 - May 22 by Nirvana

Great post, Swancity.

Can't figure out why you would defend Res in the past, though, after the content of this post. Maybe you just wanted to have a go at me.

All's good on my end, though, as long as you keep posting stuff like this. Keep up the good work.

Where's this little girl?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 06:24 - May 22 with 1731 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 05:44 - May 22 by TheResurrection

Where's this little girl?

So just Izzy Ffukkingg Brown, then?
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 06:54 - May 22 with 1709 viewsmorningstar

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 04:38 - May 22 by Nirvana

Aww poor big bad Internet Toughman. As I said Morning, karma is a bbitchh.

"Don't do unto others as you wouldn't want done unto you"

or whatever.

Nice to see you getting a taste of your own BS for a change. Again, doesn't feel so good, does it?

Do you wear frilly pink knickers?

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 07:09 - May 22 with 1695 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 06:24 - May 22 by Nirvana

So just Izzy Ffukkingg Brown, then?

No clue have you?!!

What a facking embarrassment!!!

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 07:46 - May 22 with 1646 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 06:54 - May 22 by morningstar

Do you wear frilly pink knickers?

Hilarious as always, Morning.

Got the balls to do stand-up yet?
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 07:47 - May 22 with 1640 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 07:09 - May 22 by TheResurrection

No clue have you?!!

What a facking embarrassment!!!

Likewise, res.

Izzy Ffukkingg Brown it is, then.
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 08:53 - May 22 with 1589 viewsTheResurrection

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 07:47 - May 22 by Nirvana

Likewise, res.

Izzy Ffukkingg Brown it is, then.

Izzy Brown a good player who would have had an impact under Clement, I'm sure. He's young, exciting, can beat players, got an eye for a killer pass and can score goals.

We'll see where his career takes him shall we?

So far he's been out on loan with Rotherham when they achieved their great escape after being doomed in January, much like us but a real poor side all round, and now with Huddersfield who are more than punching above their weight. Coincidence? Maybe, but I would have been happy to have seen him come here in Jan.

Secondly, I don't know your job but I work in financial services, I am not a football scout or someone that has ever played Football Manager. But rest assured there's players out there on the world stage that would be ready, willing and able to show Siggy up for being the one trick pony he is.

Im off to hide away again now little girl.... BOO!!!

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:07 - May 22 with 1564 viewsNirvana

Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 08:53 - May 22 by TheResurrection

Izzy Brown a good player who would have had an impact under Clement, I'm sure. He's young, exciting, can beat players, got an eye for a killer pass and can score goals.

We'll see where his career takes him shall we?

So far he's been out on loan with Rotherham when they achieved their great escape after being doomed in January, much like us but a real poor side all round, and now with Huddersfield who are more than punching above their weight. Coincidence? Maybe, but I would have been happy to have seen him come here in Jan.

Secondly, I don't know your job but I work in financial services, I am not a football scout or someone that has ever played Football Manager. But rest assured there's players out there on the world stage that would be ready, willing and able to show Siggy up for being the one trick pony he is.

Im off to hide away again now little girl.... BOO!!!

Izzy Brown is a good footballer, he's at Chelsea for a reason. But he's also been loaned to Rotherham and Huddersfield for a reason.

The reason? He's nowhere close to being a consistent contributor to a PL team. If we sold Siggy and brought Izzy in January, like you advocated, we would have been playing Championship football next year with him.

You don't have to be a scout, Mr. Wall Street. Do you watch football? If not, I'd suggest spending more time doing that and less time spouting bbullshitt on here.

If you do, you should be able to name some players who are "ready, willing and able to show Siggy up for being the one trick pony he is". Or, at minimum, have the ability to and fit our budget.

Baby steps. Can you do that, Chrissy Wissy?
Open Invitation to the Siggy Haters on 09:53 - May 22 with 1529 viewsperchrockjack

I remember your last pm to me Gary.

Looking at what you are posting right now, it seems rather ironic to see you in this veIn

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024