Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is Diane abbott 19:35 - May 24 with 22382 viewsperchrockjack

Next Home Secretary ...for some

Asked shortly before on C4 news if she accepted the need for police to have the support of troops on the streets ,replies.....well , it's about Tory cuts to police .

Truly this utter cow should be nowhere near a polical platform

Interviewed in Manchester ,she would have been aware of the visceral evidence of the murders but first thought is to try to score a political point

Words are inadequate to describe this woman

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

This is Diane abbott on 09:53 - May 29 with 1534 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is Diane abbott on 20:07 - May 24 by nice_to_michu

I take it you think that the Police Federation are completely clueless then, Perch?

It's a good job Perched never had a firearm. He'd have blown both his feet off by now

Now he's describing them as the union of the filth . HIS union !

Abbot and the police federation are 100% right . May, yes Perch your beloved Teresa cut the police numbers to save money. She should have been protecting and saving her own citizens instead.
[Post edited 29 May 2017 10:09]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This is Diane abbott on 10:18 - May 29 with 1504 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

This is Diane abbott on 23:22 - May 28 by rock1n

40% or so of this Country are vermin?

Are they really rock ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

This is Diane abbott on 12:25 - May 29 with 1475 viewsswanjackal

With all this talk of police on a Diane Abbott thread, it's only fair that it is shown here when she believed she was appearing at the Secret Policeman's Ball....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

This is Diane abbott on 15:39 - May 29 with 1440 viewsfelixstowe_jack

This is Diane abbott on 20:07 - May 24 by nice_to_michu

I take it you think that the Police Federation are completely clueless then, Perch?

They are a trade union so they will say the "cuts" cause everything. Unions never seem to think their members need to change their working practices or need to improve their efficiency.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

This is Diane abbott on 15:40 - May 29 with 1438 viewsLoyal

This is Diane abbott on 15:39 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

They are a trade union so they will say the "cuts" cause everything. Unions never seem to think their members need to change their working practices or need to improve their efficiency.

They are not a trade union.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

This is Diane abbott on 15:45 - May 29 with 1431 viewsfelixstowe_jack

From their WEB site

The Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW) is the staff association for police constables, sergeants and inspectors (including chief inspectors).
We are one of the largest staff associations in the UK representing 120,000 rank and file officers.  

Sounds like a trade union to me.

This is Diane abbott on 15:49 - May 29 with 1424 viewsperchrockjack

Not a trade union

No right to strike either, under any circumstances

Like Unions, the PF does not represent the views of all police officers .

I remember many seeing the PF officials as self serving fookers who truly enjoyed the annual conferences and welcomed not working shifts like most of their members

This is Diane abbott on 15:51 - May 29 with 1424 viewsLohengrin

This is Diane abbott on 12:25 - May 29 by swanjackal

With all this talk of police on a Diane Abbott thread, it's only fair that it is shown here when she believed she was appearing at the Secret Policeman's Ball....

Listen to the ghastly creature speaking, though. She has contempt for the police dripping from every fibre of her being.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

This is Diane abbott on 15:53 - May 29 with 1422 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW) is the statutory staff association for police Constables, Sergeants, Inspectors and Chief Inspectors in the 43 territorial police forces in England and Wales.[1] Under UK labour law, the police are prohibited from joining ordinary trade unions to defend pay and working conditions, by the Police Act 1996, because of the view that a police strike would pose an exceptional public safety risk. The PFEW was originally established by the Police Act 1919 as an alternative system, which would serve to represent staff, and where disputes could be resolved through arbitration so long as the government (as employer) continued to bargain in good faith.

As stated above they are not allowed to join an ordinary trade union but are allowed to join a staff association which acts as a trade union in all but name.

This is Diane abbott on 15:54 - May 29 with 1421 viewsLoyal

This is Diane abbott on 15:45 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

From their WEB site

The Police Federation of England and Wales (PFEW) is the staff association for police constables, sergeants and inspectors (including chief inspectors).
We are one of the largest staff associations in the UK representing 120,000 rank and file officers.  

Sounds like a trade union to me.

It's a staff association that represents them mun ! That's what it says 😂 Not a trade union. Trade unions can call strike ballots, the police federation can not.

Police officers aren't allowed to be in a trade union unless it's changed since we last had this topic and it was pointed out by a few coppers on here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

This is Diane abbott on 15:55 - May 29 with 1417 viewsLoyal

This is Diane abbott on 15:51 - May 29 by Lohengrin

Listen to the ghastly creature speaking, though. She has contempt for the police dripping from every fibre of her being.

That's because she too is scum.

This is Diane abbott on 16:00 - May 29 with 1412 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is purely semantics they carry out all the function of a trade union but cannot go on strike. Other staff associations and some trade unions cannot go on strike either. The point is the Police federation is a body representing police it is not some non political neutral body who spout words of wisdoms. They are anti any government or political party that try to reform them.

This is Diane abbott on 16:00 - May 29 with 1412 viewsperchrockjack

Read what post Steve ,please.

You re becoming psychotic mun.

Read this...

May and Cameron could prove to be the biggest arrogant cowards in political history, one for allowing a vote to leave EU thus enabling anti foreigners to gorge themselves and for allowing this country to have the filth that is Corbyn to be PM.

We will suffer ,trust me. I might be dead by the time his warped work is done but suffer we will on a scale I imagined by his fans who ,like you, cannot contemplate he really might be a loose cannon..

By the Way, May isn't mine

I'm my own man ,thanks.

This is Diane abbott on 16:01 - May 29 with 1407 viewsLoyal

This is Diane abbott on 16:00 - May 29 by felixstowe_jack

It is purely semantics they carry out all the function of a trade union but cannot go on strike. Other staff associations and some trade unions cannot go on strike either. The point is the Police federation is a body representing police it is not some non political neutral body who spout words of wisdoms. They are anti any government or political party that try to reform them.

We will agree to dosageee, maybe one of the law on here will know more.

This is Diane abbott on 16:06 - May 29 with 1397 viewsperchrockjack

Anti government PF

Son, I've no idea who you are but many loved the Conservatives government under Thatcher. What the clowns failed to realise that Edmund Davies award was merely ratified by her and she claimed the credit.

Labour meanwhile simply hated the police ,prime examples being Corbyn.

This is Diane abbott on 16:37 - May 29 with 1381 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This is Diane abbott on 16:00 - May 29 by perchrockjack

Read what post Steve ,please.

You re becoming psychotic mun.

Read this...

May and Cameron could prove to be the biggest arrogant cowards in political history, one for allowing a vote to leave EU thus enabling anti foreigners to gorge themselves and for allowing this country to have the filth that is Corbyn to be PM.

We will suffer ,trust me. I might be dead by the time his warped work is done but suffer we will on a scale I imagined by his fans who ,like you, cannot contemplate he really might be a loose cannon..

By the Way, May isn't mine

I'm my own man ,thanks.

Repeating the same mantra , over and over again .

We don't know how Abbot will handle the security threat.

We do know that May as home secretary fundamentally weakened the police force .

She was warned NOT to, by well intentioned members of the Police Federation, who told her that the country would come under increased threat of attack by taking away vital resources.

She called these people "scaremongerers".

Guess what? They were right, she was wrong.

So perhaps Diane might just do a better job and avoid the mistakes Teresa May made to save money.

Who's unfit to lead the country again???

*This is from another thread where you attack Diane Abbot for having the cheek to hold Teresa May to account for her swingeing cuts to the police force at a time when we need them more than ever. And you call Abbot every name under the sun!!!!

You're the one with a pathological hatred for Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbot. If I'm psychotic God only knows what you are.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This is Diane abbott on 22:41 - May 29 with 1341 viewsrock1n

Genuinely cannot believe anyone of sound mind could envisage this woman being Home Sec.

I don't care if you're labour till you die, surely you must see this is ridiculous

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter

This is Diane abbott on 23:39 - May 29 with 1325 viewsperchrockjack

They don't or won't

Cruella ....FFS

Diane Abbott.Home Secretary..

Oh yeah

This is Diane abbott on 07:01 - May 30 with 1293 viewsYossarian

This is Diane abbott on 15:49 - May 29 by perchrockjack

Not a trade union

No right to strike either, under any circumstances

Like Unions, the PF does not represent the views of all police officers .

I remember many seeing the PF officials as self serving fookers who truly enjoyed the annual conferences and welcomed not working shifts like most of their members

The Police Federation are all escapees from police work- Barrack room lawyers who have squirrels away millions of pounds of funds which the rank and file fail to benefit from. They defeated the first Tory move to screw their pay and conditions in the 1990s when Kenneth Clarke appointed Sir Patrick Sheehan of British American Tonacco to review them. One of Sheehy's aides was an arrogant young toff fresh out of Oxford University by the name of David Cameron. He never forgot this experience and royally shafted the police at the very first opportunity he got with the Windsor Review. Police now pay more, work 10 years longer on average and get much much less- too right say many- and if you do, you've fallen for the PR and spin that went with this and every other Tory attack on the public sector. The savage restrictions in service conditions also points to the real motivation for all of this- that few coppers will get to retire with a full pension from now on. The gaps will be picked up by minimum wage privatisation of functions in the police and prison service(who also got shafted) mainly by G4S. Who are heavily linked to G4S? Sir Tom Windsor (who did the reviews) and Theresa May's husband.How any copper can vote Tory after that beggars belief. Oh, they're probably long-retired, out of touch and 'I'm Allright Jack'. Very sad, but there you are.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

This is Diane abbott on 07:08 - May 30 with 1284 viewsYossarian

Should have read'Sir Patrick Sheehy'. What has afflicted every public service in my view is political interference by those from all parties who know very little about the things they meddle with. Teachers, doctors, nurses ad coppers all know best how to run their professions. Let them get on with it and keep the professional 'managers' and politicians out!

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

This is Diane abbott on 07:48 - May 30 with 1265 viewsmonmouth

This is Diane abbott on 07:08 - May 30 by Yossarian

Should have read'Sir Patrick Sheehy'. What has afflicted every public service in my view is political interference by those from all parties who know very little about the things they meddle with. Teachers, doctors, nurses ad coppers all know best how to run their professions. Let them get on with it and keep the professional 'managers' and politicians out!

You can add universities to that list now. Being run as profit driven businesses on volume throughput with around 70% of students (yep, you read that right) getting a 2:1 or above, despite most being, in 1970s terms pretty much third class. The people running these places now never see a student.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

This is Diane abbott on 08:00 - May 30 with 1259 viewsYossarian

This is Diane abbott on 07:48 - May 30 by monmouth

You can add universities to that list now. Being run as profit driven businesses on volume throughput with around 70% of students (yep, you read that right) getting a 2:1 or above, despite most being, in 1970s terms pretty much third class. The people running these places now never see a student.

Yes, fair point. A mate of mine is a maths teacher in a comprehensive school and a few nights ago he came out with a startling claim which he refused to retract despite a lot of pressure from those there- he claimed that A level maths today isn't that much harder than the O level of 30 years ago which he sat! I'm still dubious about this but I am confused when I hear teachers tell me that it isn't important to know how to spell or have a wide general knowledge which kids of my era picked up as we are now a skills economy rather than knowledge economy! With the demise of apprenticeships I wonder what skills (apart from IT) they're actually referring to? The teachers of today are largely the products of the 1990's and grew up in a totally different society to the one in which I did. I'm only in my 50s but I feel really old!

This is Diane abbott on 08:55 - May 30 with 1227 viewslondonlisa2001

This is Diane abbott on 07:01 - May 30 by Yossarian

The Police Federation are all escapees from police work- Barrack room lawyers who have squirrels away millions of pounds of funds which the rank and file fail to benefit from. They defeated the first Tory move to screw their pay and conditions in the 1990s when Kenneth Clarke appointed Sir Patrick Sheehan of British American Tonacco to review them. One of Sheehy's aides was an arrogant young toff fresh out of Oxford University by the name of David Cameron. He never forgot this experience and royally shafted the police at the very first opportunity he got with the Windsor Review. Police now pay more, work 10 years longer on average and get much much less- too right say many- and if you do, you've fallen for the PR and spin that went with this and every other Tory attack on the public sector. The savage restrictions in service conditions also points to the real motivation for all of this- that few coppers will get to retire with a full pension from now on. The gaps will be picked up by minimum wage privatisation of functions in the police and prison service(who also got shafted) mainly by G4S. Who are heavily linked to G4S? Sir Tom Windsor (who did the reviews) and Theresa May's husband.How any copper can vote Tory after that beggars belief. Oh, they're probably long-retired, out of touch and 'I'm Allright Jack'. Very sad, but there you are.

Theresa May's husband has nothing to do with G4S - it's a made up internet story.

Doesn't mean that it's right that they profit or get given work, or whatever, but the connection that is often mentioned with May is false.
This is Diane abbott on 09:04 - May 30 with 1213 viewsYossarian

This is Diane abbott on 08:55 - May 30 by londonlisa2001

Theresa May's husband has nothing to do with G4S - it's a made up internet story.

Doesn't mean that it's right that they profit or get given work, or whatever, but the connection that is often mentioned with May is false.

Not so sure you are right about that but will accept the possibility that it's internet drivel. I heard it from a cop. However, I have read something about Windsor and May's husband being associates and she appointed him to be her Chief Inspector of Constabulary. Do you know if Windsor has/hasn't got shares inG4S?

This is Diane abbott on 09:06 - May 30 with 1206 viewsYossarian

By the way I share the OP's views on Abbott - a massive liability and she could single-handedly lose Labour this election- if they didn't have enough electoral liabilities anyway.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024