Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London tower block on fire 05:32 - Jun 14 with 71739 viewsSwansNZ

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-40269625

Sounds like some people might be trapped.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

London tower block on fire on 09:44 - Jun 16 with 1939 viewstrampie

I remember when the Welsh said they were going to be the first and only country in the World to have such fire regs and right wing Brit Nat's were saying the cost, the cost !, builders won't built in Wales because of the cost they will build in England where it's cheaper to build and more people will leave, the Welsh said 'standards', 'you should not put profit and money before people's safety'.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

London tower block on fire on 10:08 - Jun 16 with 1905 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 07:55 - Jun 16 by epaul

Not true according to twitter.

Fully up to building safety standards in Britain but apparently not in Germany.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 10:11 - Jun 16 with 1899 viewsBrynmill_Jack

London tower block on fire on 10:08 - Jun 16 by Darran

Not true according to twitter.

Fully up to building safety standards in Britain but apparently not in Germany.

That's a hell of a detailed post to be untrue. I wonder where he got his figures from?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

London tower block on fire on 10:28 - Jun 16 with 1891 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 01:17 - Jun 16 by Humpty

I'm in no way trying to make a political point at all. I'm sure blame can be rightfully pointed in lots of directions.

I know nothing about building tower blocks or building regulations, but it seems incredible to me that in Britain, in 2017, a massive structure that homes 500-600 people can be covered in an inflammable material. Material which, if ignited, will spread fire all over the surface of the building in a very short space of time. Thus rendering all other fire prevention methods useless. I am speaking from a position of total ignorance admittedly, but to me it just seems incredible if that is allowed in the capital city of a first world country. I just know what I saw happen Tuesday night and a fire in one flat should not have resulted in what I saw with my own eyes. The whole building going up in a very short space of time.

People will often, usually even, go for the cheapest option that stays within the law. It's up to the lawmakers to ensure these options still ensure safety.

In this laymans eyes, something is wrong in what we allow to be done.

I agree with all of those, particularly the point about people going for the cheapest option and the need for regulation (or, as it's become fashionable to dismiss it as, 'red tape').

It seems that this has happened all over the country - many blocks have the same thing, and yet it is banned in the US and Germany (I imagine others). In which case surely we have to ask what the hell is going on with our building / fire standards.

I genuinely don't believe that councils (remember most of which are not run by 'money grabbing Tory toe rags') are deliberately choosing to put people's lives at risk for what it appears is a pittance. I do believe that if presented with two options and being told that they have the same properties, they are choosing a cheaper one as that always happens.
London tower block on fire on 10:33 - Jun 16 with 1880 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 09:16 - Jun 16 by Darran

Anyone know the answer?

It appears that neither May nor Corbyn voted.

One thing that is certain though Darran, is that May's failure to meet residents is unfathomably shocking.

I read a comment yesterday that said something like, 'however much she was hated, there is zero doubt that Thatcher would have met the people and looked them in the eye, as she was never cowed into running away' and I think that's very true.

May, in my mind, really has to go now. Her fear of the people has left her unable to act as a human being, and that's simply not sustainable. On the flip side, the people that are stoking up hatred towards an individual for political point scoring need a smacking as well. If they are not careful, within a matter of days, the whole area is going to see full scale riots, and that is the last thing these residents need.
London tower block on fire on 10:38 - Jun 16 with 1871 viewstrampie

I would not feel safe on many levels in London.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

London tower block on fire on 10:54 - Jun 16 with 1820 viewsDarran

London tower block on fire on 10:33 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

One thing that is certain though Darran, is that May's failure to meet residents is unfathomably shocking.

I read a comment yesterday that said something like, 'however much she was hated, there is zero doubt that Thatcher would have met the people and looked them in the eye, as she was never cowed into running away' and I think that's very true.

May, in my mind, really has to go now. Her fear of the people has left her unable to act as a human being, and that's simply not sustainable. On the flip side, the people that are stoking up hatred towards an individual for political point scoring need a smacking as well. If they are not careful, within a matter of days, the whole area is going to see full scale riots, and that is the last thing these residents need.

Thanks Lis and I don't disagree with you.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

London tower block on fire on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 1812 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 10:38 - Jun 16 by trampie

Why? Not on a wind up, genuine question Mr Rampie.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

London tower block on fire on 10:57 - Jun 16 with 1811 viewslondonlisa2001

Stay away then.

We don't need you here.
London tower block on fire on 11:10 - Jun 16 with 1791 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 10:57 - Jun 16 by waynekerr55

That's obvious in light of recent events, terrorist attacks, knife crime, fire regs and even a London resident poster on here talking about the possibilty of riots.

London tower block on fire on 11:14 - Jun 16 with 1782 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 10:57 - Jun 16 by waynekerr55

He's on one of his boring trolling campaigns.

The fact he's willing to use the deaths of scores of people to push some stupid anti English point speaks volumes.
London tower block on fire on 11:19 - Jun 16 with 1772 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 11:10 - Jun 16 by trampie

That's obvious in light of recent events, terrorist attacks, knife crime, fire regs and even a London resident poster on here talking about the possibilty of riots.

Not that I'd tell you how to live your life, but I'd suggest you take things with a hint of sodium chloride.

London tower block on fire on 11:22 - Jun 16 with 1767 viewstrampie

I'm not making any point apart from we have different fire regs here in Wales Lisa, my understanding is different nationalities have lost their lives in the fire, I heard one unfortunately person was a Syrian refugee, I think all people are equal, it is equally awful no matter who the people are, I am certainly not point scoring.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 11:23]

London tower block on fire on 11:23 - Jun 16 with 1761 viewsLeonWasGod

London tower block on fire on 10:33 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Spot on as usual Lisa. May's not suited to leadership, but we all knew that anyway.
London tower block on fire on 11:28 - Jun 16 with 1749 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 11:23 - Jun 16 by LeonWasGod

Spot on as usual Lisa. May's not suited to leadership, but we all knew that anyway.

Not everyone knew that anyway LeonWasGod, did they Lisa ?

London tower block on fire on 11:36 - Jun 16 with 1735 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 11:28 - Jun 16 by trampie

Not everyone knew that anyway LeonWasGod, did they Lisa ?

Well I didn't vote for her Trampie.

Although as it happens, I did vote for a party that also had a crap leader. Thankfully one that's now resigned.

That just leaves you with a crap leader that hasn't resigned doesn't it.
London tower block on fire on 11:38 - Jun 16 with 1728 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 11:22 - Jun 16 by trampie

I'm not making any point apart from we have different fire regs here in Wales Lisa, my understanding is different nationalities have lost their lives in the fire, I heard one unfortunately person was a Syrian refugee, I think all people are equal, it is equally awful no matter who the people are, I am certainly not point scoring.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 11:23]

Yes you are.

And it's sickening.
London tower block on fire on 11:42 - Jun 16 with 1720 viewslondonlisa2001

London tower block on fire on 11:23 - Jun 16 by LeonWasGod

I quite genuinely think that May's performance over the election and since has been unbelievable.

I was pleased when she became leader of the Tories, as I was told by many who had wòrked for her that she was competent and a genuinely nice person. So the best of those that stodd by a mile.Her response to this, to the election, the manifesto, to Brexit has been shocking.

I have no idea whether she's incredibly badly advised, scared and doesn't know how to react, or whether she's always been incompetent and hidden it well, even from senior civil servants.

Whatever the reason, she's finished.
London tower block on fire on 11:46 - Jun 16 with 1710 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 11:38 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Yes you are.

And it's sickening.

It's you that are sickening by trying to accuse others of point scoring on such a sensitive thread when they are doing no such thing.

London tower block on fire on 11:47 - Jun 16 with 1703 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 11:36 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

Well I didn't vote for her Trampie.

Although as it happens, I did vote for a party that also had a crap leader. Thankfully one that's now resigned.

That just leaves you with a crap leader that hasn't resigned doesn't it.

Hows Ruth Davidson doing ? lol

London tower block on fire on 11:55 - Jun 16 with 1687 views3swan

Please call it a day folks, let’s not let the thread degenerate.
London tower block on fire on 11:56 - Jun 16 with 1685 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 11:42 - Jun 16 by londonlisa2001

I quite genuinely think that May's performance over the election and since has been unbelievable.

I was pleased when she became leader of the Tories, as I was told by many who had wòrked for her that she was competent and a genuinely nice person. So the best of those that stodd by a mile.Her response to this, to the election, the manifesto, to Brexit has been shocking.

I have no idea whether she's incredibly badly advised, scared and doesn't know how to react, or whether she's always been incompetent and hidden it well, even from senior civil servants.

Whatever the reason, she's finished.

I'm not having a go at you just observing that you do seem to read things awfully wrong, I read your comments on May and thought 'how wrong can you be ?' and that was before she was exposed for everyone to see but I would have thought that people that take some interest would know how poor she is at debating, I read your comments on the Ched Evans case and thought 'there is every chance she is going to be in for a shock'.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2017 12:16]

London tower block on fire on 12:06 - Jun 16 with 1659 viewsKulusBeatFactory

ridiculous post

i had the pleasure of living in Portland Rd, a stone's throw from the tower - a highly diverse community - from the super well-off to the super less-well-off.

Never felt safer - on many levels

(apart from when QPR oiks would tarnish our pubs en route to the west end)
London tower block on fire on 12:15 - Jun 16 with 1643 viewstrampie

London tower block on fire on 12:06 - Jun 16 by KulusBeatFactory

ridiculous post

i had the pleasure of living in Portland Rd, a stone's throw from the tower - a highly diverse community - from the super well-off to the super less-well-off.

Never felt safer - on many levels

(apart from when QPR oiks would tarnish our pubs en route to the west end)

If somebody would not feel safe in London, they would not feel safe in London.

London tower block on fire on 12:19 - Jun 16 with 1632 viewswaynekerr55

London tower block on fire on 11:47 - Jun 16 by trampie

Hows Ruth Davidson doing ? lol

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024