Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:59 - Jun 20 with 39675 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 9:41]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:36 - Jun 21 with 3717 viewspencoedjack

I don't class myself as negative but young unproven PL Chelsea players on loan is not personally how I'd like to see the club progress

I hope the lad scores a bagful & im made to eat my words

& I hope Llorente going the other way has not been discussed
[Post edited 21 Jun 2017 15:46]
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:53 - Jun 21 with 3655 viewskyswans

Would love him to go the Tom Carroll route.

Play well for us, go back to Chelsea, struggle to get time, come back to us because he enjoyed it here and he played well.

Think he could be a great sub after 70 minutes of Llorente. Energetic in the box, great finisher.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:08 - Jun 21 with 3602 viewsnantywatcher

I'm not so commited as others on here for a Llorente love-in, and am not that fussed if he stays as I feel that as an attacking force we are way too predictable with him leading the line, and that a Llorente "second season syndrome" could well catch us out, as opposition teams will be better prepared to deal with him. We'll see.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:13 - Jun 21 with 3589 viewspikeypaul

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:08 - Jun 21 by nantywatcher

I'm not so commited as others on here for a Llorente love-in, and am not that fussed if he stays as I feel that as an attacking force we are way too predictable with him leading the line, and that a Llorente "second season syndrome" could well catch us out, as opposition teams will be better prepared to deal with him. We'll see.

"dealing" with him is not that straight forward.

Every club we played last season would have known about him and planned to deal with him.

It's not as if the opponents central defenders can grow 3 inches just before the game to "deal"
with him.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:17 - Jun 21 with 3573 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:13 - Jun 21 by pikeypaul

"dealing" with him is not that straight forward.

Every club we played last season would have known about him and planned to deal with him.

It's not as if the opponents central defenders can grow 3 inches just before the game to "deal"
with him.

'Dealing with Llorente' means not allowing us to get crosses to him and not conceding free kicks in dangerous areas.

If he stays and Abraham lives up to his promise, it will be nice to have another option.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:30 - Jun 21 with 3524 viewsmagicdaps10

I think the Abraham signing if it comes off would be a good signing.

Young and hungry and would not be on big wages and does not eat in to our 25 man squad.

As it stands we have Llorente, Ayew and Abraham as our strike force.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:42 - Jun 21 with 3489 viewsmax936

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:30 - Jun 21 by magicdaps10

Young and hungry and would not be on big wages and does not eat in to our 25 man squad.

We been crying out for somin different up front a plan "B" can't see nothing but positives with signing Abraham myself.

Don't agree we some that the squad only needs a bit of tinkering though, look at the mess we were in when Llorente, Olson and Fer were all injured and Naughton for that matter who himself should be second choice, we've no strength in depth whatsoever, plus we're still relying on aging players.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:16 - Jun 21 with 3331 viewsEasternJack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 10:33 - Jun 21 by philswansfan

BBC now also reporting done deal...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40325981

And some footage of every goal he scored for Bristol City last season...

Reminds me of Efan Ekoku

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:18 - Jun 21 with 3322 viewsHubert

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:30 - Jun 21 by magicdaps10

Papers at the weekend were quoting a million pound loan fee and 50k a week for Abraham, so definitely not a cheap option
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:25 - Jun 21 with 3304 viewspikeypaul

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:17 - Jun 21 by jack247

'Dealing with Llorente' means not allowing us to get crosses to him and not conceding free kicks in dangerous areas.

If he stays and Abraham lives up to his promise, it will be nice to have another option.

I wonder how the top brains in the premiership did not realise that is all they needed to do to "deal with him"".

Do not allow crosses and do not concede free kicks , if it was so simple.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:41 - Jun 21 with 3241 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:25 - Jun 21 by pikeypaul

I wonder how the top brains in the premiership did not realise that is all they needed to do to "deal with him"".

Do not allow crosses and do not concede free kicks , if it was so simple.

Of course it's not easy to stop crosses or concede set pieces. Do you not think opposition managers made concerted efforts not to concede free kicks in dangerous areas with Gylfi and Llorente on the pitch?

Just pointing out that he's not unplayable just because defenders can't 'grow 3 inches before kick off'. The best way to deal with him is to cut off his supply. Nothing new for the top brains in the Premier League there.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:09 - Jun 21 with 3135 viewsBorojack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:18 - Jun 21 by Hubert

Papers at the weekend were quoting a million pound loan fee and 50k a week for Abraham, so definitely not a cheap option

That's about 3.5 million in total.
A lot cheaper than Baston and Gomis.
Tabanou cost 3.5 million so compared to them 3 looks very good value.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:14 - Jun 21 with 3103 viewsDrGonzo

Defences in the Championship look questionable to say the least.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:41 - Jun 21 with 2988 viewsBorojack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:14 - Jun 21 by DrGonzo

Defences in the Championship look questionable to say the least.

Olsson Carroll Ayew were all shrewd signings.
I think this will be another one.

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:51 - Jun 21 with 2936 viewsraynor94

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:41 - Jun 21 by Borojack

100% agree

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:13 - Jun 21 with 2725 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:41 - Jun 21 by Borojack

I think Narsingh might eventually join that list too.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:16 - Jun 21 with 2712 viewsBorojack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:13 - Jun 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

You could well be right there has done ok but not had the impact of the other 3 yet.
But plenty of potential I think.

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:24 - Jun 21 with 2676 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:13 - Jun 21 by Tummer_from_Texas

What are you basing that on? Genuine question. Love to be proved wrong (as I was with Ayew), but he looks like he is all pace and no guile to me.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:48 - Jun 21 with 2611 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:24 - Jun 21 by jack247

What are you basing that on? Genuine question. Love to be proved wrong (as I was with Ayew), but he looks like he is all pace and no guile to me.

I'm not a Narsingh fan or defender, but the guy does have quality. Probably not enough to ever be a PL starter every week, but if Montero can survive multiple seasons I think Luciano will be okay.

He has pace, can beat his man and consistently put quality balls in the box (relatively speaking here, he's not Bale), makes good runs in behind, and he's a good finisher. His goal against Neuer last season was phenomenal, to be fair, and I can understand the thought process in signing him.

I wouldn't have chosen the guy, but we have him now and probably will for a few seasons. I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong before I write him off just yet.

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:49 - Jun 21 with 2604 viewskarnataka

One thing nobody knows is how PC intends to set us up for the coming season. He inherited a squad and almost immediately had to find a way of welding them into a team that was capable of winning enough games for us to stay up which he did. He may well have other plans and a different way of playing that isn't as one dimensional as the "lob it in to Fernando" plan that served us so well but which was born out of necessity and not design. Abraham may be a key figure in that new way and there may be 1 or 2 others in the pipeline as part of the shift. Just guessing but very possible.

And by the way, his real name is Kevin apparently.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:00 - Jun 21 with 2556 viewsSospan_Fach

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:48 - Jun 20 by 34dfgdf54

Unless we are changing our whole way of playing compared to last season, he's going to struggle. Not getting excited with this one at all. Offload Gomis and Borja, and I'd be back in market for another striker on top of this, two if Llorente goes.

Seems like a Borja type player. We didn't play to his strengths so i can't see anything different happening with Abraham. At least not whilst we still have a quality striker in Llorente.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:02 - Jun 21 with 2548 viewsnantywatcher

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:48 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

I'm not a Narsingh fan or defender, but the guy does have quality. Probably not enough to ever be a PL starter every week, but if Montero can survive multiple seasons I think Luciano will be okay.

He has pace, can beat his man and consistently put quality balls in the box (relatively speaking here, he's not Bale), makes good runs in behind, and he's a good finisher. His goal against Neuer last season was phenomenal, to be fair, and I can understand the thought process in signing him.

I wouldn't have chosen the guy, but we have him now and probably will for a few seasons. I'll give him a chance to prove me wrong before I write him off just yet.

I would LOVE tobe proved wrong, however, "
He has pace, can beat his man and consistently put quality balls in the box (relatively speaking here, he's not Bale), makes good runs in behind, and he's a good finisher." Must be the daftest sentence i've read on here for a while. When have you ever seen him beat a man? And quality balls in the box? Our final goal of the season was one of the most woeful crosses you could wish for - he went for Siggy's head-missed by yards and it landed at Llorente's feet. Still he can only get better - my fingers are crossed.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:08 - Jun 21 with 2521 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:48 - Jun 21 by Nirvana

Not for a single second doubting he is a better bet than Montero. I just haven't seen much from him in a Swans shirt outside the obvious pace and aggression.

He hasn't had much of a chance yet I guess. Certainly haven't seen anything special though, unlike the other January signings. Hope Tummer is right and he does hit the heights the other three have sooner than later.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:14 - Jun 21 with 2497 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:02 - Jun 21 by nantywatcher

I would LOVE tobe proved wrong, however, "
He has pace, can beat his man and consistently put quality balls in the box (relatively speaking here, he's not Bale), makes good runs in behind, and he's a good finisher." Must be the daftest sentence i've read on here for a while. When have you ever seen him beat a man? And quality balls in the box? Our final goal of the season was one of the most woeful crosses you could wish for - he went for Siggy's head-missed by yards and it landed at Llorente's feet. Still he can only get better - my fingers are crossed.

I'm not going to get into a "Narsingh is good" debate with you, as that's not my forte. As I've said many times on here and to you, I wouldn't have brought him to Swansea. So, I'm clearly not a fan.

But if you watch a little bit of Narsingh when he's not playing for a dysfunctional club battling relegation, he actually has shown flashes of quality. I've seen quite a bit of PSV the past couple seasons, and Narsingh was always one of their better attackers. Whether that applies to us, I don't know, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

I stand by my "daft" sentence. I know it's nuanced and not a hot take, thus difficult for many to parse, but it's absolutely accurate. There's some PSV games online if you want to check out why.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:18 - Jun 21 with 2472 viewsGriffting

Narsingh completely changed the West Brom game when he came on, more of that we need to see.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024