Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 20:59 - Jun 20 with 39580 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 9:41]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:00 - Jun 27 with 4201 views34dfgdf54

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 00:14 - Jun 27 by Loyal

Hopefully signing soon ....

Few murmurs around yesterday saying he may not be signing. Some ex Geordie has been in the papers blasting him aswell for picking us over them..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-newcastle-unite

Overall I'm not too bothered about the signing, not convinced he has what it takes YET at this level, if we are in a similar position to last year, we'll need players who can deliver straight away.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:15 - Jun 27 with 4162 viewsunion_jack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:00 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

Few murmurs around yesterday saying he may not be signing. Some ex Geordie has been in the papers blasting him aswell for picking us over them..

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/former-newcastle-unite

Overall I'm not too bothered about the signing, not convinced he has what it takes YET at this level, if we are in a similar position to last year, we'll need players who can deliver straight away.

Agree with your last paragraph and the comment on walesonline which said a lot if his goals were flukes or tap ins which won't happen at PL level.

Not that impressed from the clips but that's probably not fair on him.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:26 - Jun 27 with 4131 viewsdobjack2

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 11:00 - Jun 27 by 34dfgdf54

The ex-Geordie scouser doesn't come over as the sharpest tool in the box either on radio or print. Just a propagandist/apologist for Liverpool and Newcastle.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 12:11 - Jun 27 with 4059 viewsSwans_16

Ah yawn.

This guy is just one of the many Newcastle fans who still believe they are a big club, like bloody Leeds for godsake, if i'm allowed to even mention that club on here...

Tammy will be signing for us, and some up north just refuse to accept they've been gazumped by a better PL team, and that's us.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 12:19 - Jun 27 with 4032 viewsGriffting

Newcastle fans actually think they have a better pedigree striker than we've got down here as well. Some even trying to argue that Gayle is better than Llorente.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:08 - Jun 27 with 3853 viewsdailew

Abraham starts for Ingerland U21.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 18:39 - Jun 27 with 3766 viewsPrivate_Partz

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 17:08 - Jun 27 by dailew

Abraham starts for Ingerland U21.

...and scores. Just seen it on the box about 20 mins ago. Typical poacher's goal from him. They were beating the Germans 2 1 at the time I think.
Can't help feeling we are going to have to get the ball into the box far more often than we have been doing to get the best out of him. If he signs of course....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:03 - Jun 27 with 3717 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 16:55 - Jun 25 by jack247

Just based on last seasons goals, he looks like the type of player you want in and around the box, rather than drifting wide and into midfield like Ayew.

If he is going to play most games, I would guess that means either Llorente is off, or we are going to see a new formation, maybe 352? I can't see us going with 2 in central midfield.

I've only watched this one game of Abraham's (and it melts down halfway through), but there are a few instances of him in wide areas and he looks surprisingly nimble, with a good touch and turn of pace:

10:45 - calmly shows some skills in space and provides cutback for midfielder

52:25 - quick turn away from marker into space on the right wing, accelerates and puts in quality cross, teammate's shot hits the post

Based on his goals video and the goal he scores at 45:45, he is definitely someone who should be played centrally. But he does appear capable if he finds himself out wide. It's a big step up to PL defenders, though, and I hope he can adjust quickly. Still hasn't officially signed yet...

"Baby Steps" with Huw Jenkins, everybody!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:23 - Jun 27 with 3640 viewsLeonWasGod

He's been a passenger in this U21 semi. Scored mind, but that was before I tuned in.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:40 - Jun 27 with 3598 viewsdailew

Pathetic pen from Tammy. Saved easily.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:41 - Jun 27 with 3596 viewspencoedjack

Shite penalty taker
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:17 - Jun 27 with 3536 viewsLoyal

He will be decent back up, but he isn't no frontman from the off.
That's if Huw sorts it out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:33 - Jun 27 with 3475 viewsswanforthemoney

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 15:30 - Jun 25 by PentyrchJack

Looks like a class act although admittedly against Championship defences...

A lot of them are on a plate, or he's picking up crumbs from another forward. Most of the chances he gets on the highlights wouldnt come his way playing the way we do.
I think he would be playing a role for Swans more like that he was playing for England as a lone wolf. He would struggle on his own against most Premier League Centre Back pairings.
He undoubtedly has potential, but he may not have the body strength for the Premier League at the moment. We cant get rid of Llorente on the basis of signing Abraham.

I stand in the North Stand

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:39 - Jun 27 with 3451 views34dfgdf54

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:33 - Jun 27 by swanforthemoney

A lot of them are on a plate, or he's picking up crumbs from another forward. Most of the chances he gets on the highlights wouldnt come his way playing the way we do.
I think he would be playing a role for Swans more like that he was playing for England as a lone wolf. He would struggle on his own against most Premier League Centre Back pairings.
He undoubtedly has potential, but he may not have the body strength for the Premier League at the moment. We cant get rid of Llorente on the basis of signing Abraham.

My thoughts exactly.

I have no issue witn him coming in as back up, but would still like us to further strengthen up top when Borja leaves.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:44 - Jun 27 with 3431 viewspencoedjack

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:33 - Jun 27 by swanforthemoney

Call me cynical but I think Lorrente may be part of the deal.

I don't get all this jizzing over a young lad who had a decent season against 2nd rate championship defenders
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:55 - Jun 27 with 3401 viewsNirvana

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:44 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

I don't get all this jizzing over a young lad who had a decent season against 2nd rate championship defenders

I honestly don't either, Pencoed.

But I think it's more to do with the feeling our club is targeting the right type of player again: young, good pedigree, and hungry to prove himself on a big stage. I would agree, but only if this is a switch in strategy from Jenkins' reject bin policy.

Otherwise, we just signed an unproven 19-year old from Chelsea's youth team who doesn't really match our style of play at the moment. It would become a very poor move if Llorente were headed the other way, also.

So, we'll just have to wait and see. Jenkins wouldn't have it any other way, mind you. Genius and all.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:05 - Jun 27 with 3361 viewsbuilthjack

Am sure I spotted Jenkins in the crowd.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 21:13 - Jun 27 with 3343 views34dfgdf54

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:44 - Jun 27 by pencoedjack

Would be an absolute disaster if that were the case.

Edit - It wouldn't surprise me either unfortunately.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2017 21:14]
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:09 - Jun 28 with 3087 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Update: TA to sign new deal with Chelsea to make 50K/week, then they'll announce the loan deal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625869/Tammy-Abraham-Chelsea-transfer-

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:28 - Jun 28 with 2905 viewsLoyal

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 19:09 - Jun 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Update: TA to sign new deal with Chelsea to make 50K/week, then they'll announce the loan deal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/625869/Tammy-Abraham-Chelsea-transfer-

Pretty sure come start of July the club will move for more players as they will save money ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 22:18 - Jun 28 with 2763 viewsjack247

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:28 - Jun 28 by Loyal

Pretty sure come start of July the club will move for more players as they will save money ...

Leaving the best players go elsewhere to save a few weeks wages is a false economy. At least it looks like we are being more proactive this year. Hopefully the Mesa deal in particular comes off.
Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 20:38 - Jul 3 with 2503 viewsNirvana

A couple very optimistic and informative pieces on Abraham recently:

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/european-under-21-championship/2284/blog/post/3149039/en

https://blog.wyscout.com/tammy-abraham-movement-englands-u21/

Have only seen highlights and one half-match, but I do genuinely like what I see from the kid. I'm a bit concerned about his strength and link-up play, but he's clearly very talented with a bright future ahead of him. Hopefully, he can start it off with a superb year for us.

IF he signs, mind you. Still waiting... (me whistling, doing Axl-shimmy)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 14:48 - Jul 4 with 2277 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Loan official now per Swans twitter.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Abraham Deal Done - 1 Year Loan on 14:50 - Jul 4 with 2264 viewsTummer_from_Texas

http://www.swanseacity.com/news/tammy-abraham-joins-swans-loan?utm_medium=social

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:38 - Jul 4 with 2146 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:54]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024