Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trauma Unit 07:33 - Jun 28 with 10209 viewsPrivate_Partz

BBC Cardiff have been softening us up this morning concerning the location of the Trauma Unit. A panel of experts have recommended Cardiff. This despite there being another unit 20 miles away in Bristol and twice the root of eff all in the rest of Wales.
It seems that the health of the Pricipality comes second to all things Cardiff City State.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trauma Unit on 20:36 - Jun 28 with 1152 viewsswan65split

with a unit in Bristol its crazy to have another one so close to it, so the rest of Wales has to suffer while those in charge Bloat themselves up with power!
Trauma Unit on 21:14 - Jun 28 with 1131 viewswestside

There's two trauma hospitals in Bristol.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/Emergencyandurgentcareservices/Doc
Trauma Unit on 22:00 - Jun 28 with 1105 viewsjack2jack

Sorry I thought it was all sorted for Morriston hospital site
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:01 - Jun 28 with 1104 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:37]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Trauma Unit on 22:23 - Jun 28 with 1090 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 18:47 - Jun 28 by union_jack

Deputy leader of Swansea Council (I think) on BBC Wales news just now quoting deja vu.

Stinks really. We need to act en masses but that is very difficult to arrange. Especially as the most populated are in Wales is the south east.

I don't think population is that much of a problem. They cant outvote the whole of Wales. The problem is we have no media outlet to promote any such initiative other than what is laughingly called our 'National Media' . This of course is meshed into Cardiff centralism and Welsh Labour who are the perpetrators of all this.
As an aside I have signed the petition but I don't really agree with the wording. They are asking for Trauma Units in both Swansea and Cardiff. This would make 4 units along the M4 corridor from Bristol westwards. I can't see that option carrying much weight in Mid and North Wales who will still rely on Stoke and Liverpool respectively.
It should be in Swansea initially with and initiative to get a second or even third to serve Mid and North Wales.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Trauma Unit on 07:03 - Jun 29 with 1051 viewsjohnlangy

Trauma Unit on 22:23 - Jun 28 by Private_Partz

I don't think population is that much of a problem. They cant outvote the whole of Wales. The problem is we have no media outlet to promote any such initiative other than what is laughingly called our 'National Media' . This of course is meshed into Cardiff centralism and Welsh Labour who are the perpetrators of all this.
As an aside I have signed the petition but I don't really agree with the wording. They are asking for Trauma Units in both Swansea and Cardiff. This would make 4 units along the M4 corridor from Bristol westwards. I can't see that option carrying much weight in Mid and North Wales who will still rely on Stoke and Liverpool respectively.
It should be in Swansea initially with and initiative to get a second or even third to serve Mid and North Wales.

I agree. We'll only get one MTC. The petition should have just stated the centre should be in Swansea.
Trauma Unit on 07:29 - Jun 29 with 1044 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 07:03 - Jun 29 by johnlangy

I agree. We'll only get one MTC. The petition should have just stated the centre should be in Swansea.

I can see the response now....

'Whilst we would have loved to have had two MTCs the Government austerity and Brexit have rendered this a non starter so we will go for the compelling case of the Cardiff option'.

The more I think about this the angrier I get. Who are these panel of experts? Why are our AMs saying nothing? Why is there only gentle hand wringing from Alan Lloyd in the Council? Why is it hardly being touched by the media?

A quick look at he map of Trauma Units in the U.K. tells its own story. If this ends up the way it is going Wales will be a massive empty shell in the West of the UK with coverage for the rest of the Britain. Particularly in Severnside with 3 within 20 miles.

The Cardiff Centric Welsh Labour policies are bad enough but they are playing with lives this time to create their Cardiff State.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 7:30]

Trauma Unit on 09:12 - Jun 29 with 1013 viewsfelixstowe_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:09 - Jun 28 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:35]

I have signed.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Trauma Unit on 09:23 - Jun 29 with 1005 viewsunion_jack

Trauma Unit on 07:29 - Jun 29 by Private_Partz

I can see the response now....

'Whilst we would have loved to have had two MTCs the Government austerity and Brexit have rendered this a non starter so we will go for the compelling case of the Cardiff option'.

The more I think about this the angrier I get. Who are these panel of experts? Why are our AMs saying nothing? Why is there only gentle hand wringing from Alan Lloyd in the Council? Why is it hardly being touched by the media?

A quick look at he map of Trauma Units in the U.K. tells its own story. If this ends up the way it is going Wales will be a massive empty shell in the West of the UK with coverage for the rest of the Britain. Particularly in Severnside with 3 within 20 miles.

The Cardiff Centric Welsh Labour policies are bad enough but they are playing with lives this time to create their Cardiff State.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 7:30]

You can understand them not wanting to use the Bristol Trauma Unit in all fairness.

Think of the cost of all those Severn Bridge crossings.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Trauma Unit on 09:44 - Jun 29 with 995 viewsSPboy

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:09 - Jun 28 by cymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:35]

Well it looks like there are only 11 signatures on there at the moment !!
(No subject) on 11:03 - Jun 29 with 975 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 09:44 - Jun 29 by SPboy

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:38]

Trauma Unit on 11:05 - Jun 29 with 973 viewsPrivate_Partz

Trauma Unit on 09:44 - Jun 29 by SPboy

I have already said it is poorly worded. Also there are many portals for these things. Who knows about it? It would be more effective it SWEP took it up. Unfortunately now they are under the Cardiff umbrella with WOL website as their outlet they would rather headline that a house that had been cut on half is up for sale.!! It is now a bigger rag than it has ever been. Media wise Swansea is right royally effed along with the rest of Wales. .......

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:14 - Jun 29 with 968 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 11:05 - Jun 29 by Private_Partz

I have already said it is poorly worded. Also there are many portals for these things. Who knows about it? It would be more effective it SWEP took it up. Unfortunately now they are under the Cardiff umbrella with WOL website as their outlet they would rather headline that a house that had been cut on half is up for sale.!! It is now a bigger rag than it has ever been. Media wise Swansea is right royally effed along with the rest of Wales. .......

Trauma Unit on 11:26 - Jun 29 with 958 viewsjack_lord

I watched BBC and heard them say that a decision had not been made yet. I thought "like fXXk"

Anyway, I have signed and so has my wife.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:28 - Jun 29 with 956 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 11:26 - Jun 29 by jack_lord

I watched BBC and heard them say that a decision had not been made yet. I thought "like fXXk"

Anyway, I have signed and so has my wife.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:38]

Trauma Unit on 11:43 - Jun 29 with 944 viewslibertyx

I have just signed petition.
We know there is no chance of it coming here, but Swansea people need to start fighting for the area.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Jun 29 with 936 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 11:43 - Jun 29 by libertyx

I have just signed petition.
We know there is no chance of it coming here, but Swansea people need to start fighting for the area.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:39]

Trauma Unit on 11:53 - Jun 29 with 932 viewsPrivate_Partz

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:14 - Jun 29 by cymrojack

I don't think four units so close together is feesable. I thought it was obvious I want the best for this area and the rest of Wales. We are not miles apart in our thinking. It is my right to remain anonymous however as is the right of all posters on a public forum.
I did not realise I could find your name under your username and to be honest I have no interest, even though I am interested in your views.
One last point, acting like grown men and women is not getting personal.

Edit. Ah. Your are the petitioner. Think that explains your vitriol. For what it us worth I have signed much earlier today and it was not done anonymously. Every little helps in my book even though we are not entirely on the same wavelength.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 12:03]

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:09 - Jun 29 with 920 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 11:53 - Jun 29 by Private_Partz

I don't think four units so close together is feesable. I thought it was obvious I want the best for this area and the rest of Wales. We are not miles apart in our thinking. It is my right to remain anonymous however as is the right of all posters on a public forum.
I did not realise I could find your name under your username and to be honest I have no interest, even though I am interested in your views.
One last point, acting like grown men and women is not getting personal.

Edit. Ah. Your are the petitioner. Think that explains your vitriol. For what it us worth I have signed much earlier today and it was not done anonymously. Every little helps in my book even though we are not entirely on the same wavelength.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2017 12:03]

Trauma Unit on 12:19 - Jun 29 with 910 viewsPrivate_Partz

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:09 - Jun 29 by cymrojack

I express my views publicly as well. Those aquainted with me will tell you so as they get fed up with my spouting. My spouse will certainly back this up. Many on here feel the same but i will carry on nonetheless. Silly names are the order of the day and I like many of them on here as it adds to the fun. See two posts above as regards signing. Add Private Partz to your list.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:27 - Jun 29 with 889 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 12:19 - Jun 29 by Private_Partz

I express my views publicly as well. Those aquainted with me will tell you so as they get fed up with my spouting. My spouse will certainly back this up. Many on here feel the same but i will carry on nonetheless. Silly names are the order of the day and I like many of them on here as it adds to the fun. See two posts above as regards signing. Add Private Partz to your list.

Trauma Unit on 12:29 - Jun 29 with 886 viewsJack_Meoff

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Jun 29 by cymrojack

signed mush. Anon from Swansea East.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:32 - Jun 29 with 884 viewscymrojack

Trauma Unit on 12:29 - Jun 29 by Jack_Meoff

signed mush. Anon from Swansea East.

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 11:40]

Trauma Unit on 12:44 - Jun 29 with 868 viewsNeath_Jack

They will never build two centres in 100 years.

So the petition defeats what is actually happening in my opinion.

I did try signing it anyway, but got pissed off with the captcha thing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Trauma Unit on 13:04 - Jun 29 with 861 viewsjack_lord

Share it on facebook and twitter and get other people to. Hopefully this will gain some "momentum"

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024