Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea 15:37 - Apr 7 with 23477 viewsDyfnant

Title says it all.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:11 - Apr 8 with 1306 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:07 - Apr 8 by jack247

Yes, but Heskey had a lot more to his game than scoring goals. Tammy doesn’t.

You can’t be a non prolific PL striker and not do anything else either.

Then he won't be a Premier League striker for very long then will he? In which case he probably won't reach 50 PL goals.

I can't think of a PL striker that is not PL standard reach that tally. If there is an example it is an extreme rarity.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:12 - Apr 8 with 1304 viewsDarran

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:01 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

E20, once again, making himself look an absolute c*nt on what should be a very straightforward discussion.

I've taken him up on his ridiculous bet, I made that clear last night. If he had any gumption he'd make a bet on how many goals Tammy will score next season.

He won't though.

Great post K.
I honestly can’t understand why grown men continue to reply to the cùnt when he is clearly trolling.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:12 - Apr 8 with 1303 viewsWarwickHunt

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:05 - Apr 8 by jasper_T

I'd swap Tammy for prime Heskey in a heartbeat.

Only if you were a cannibal, Shirley?
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:13 - Apr 8 with 1302 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:10 - Apr 8 by builthjack

I rest my case. Boring me now.

You rested it as soon as I told you to put your money where your mouth is. You reversed quicker than a police officer passing a doughnut shop.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:15 - Apr 8 with 1282 viewsE20Jack

Trolling has a new meaning in 2018 it seems.

Being annoyingly right.

Ah well, I will have to live with it then.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:17 - Apr 8 with 1277 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:15 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Trolling has a new meaning in 2018 it seems.

Being annoyingly right.

Ah well, I will have to live with it then.

You're right about nothing.. you're making a prediction you melon.

He's too thick to troll.

Poll: Cooper Out

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:17 - Apr 8 with 1276 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:11 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Then he won't be a Premier League striker for very long then will he? In which case he probably won't reach 50 PL goals.

I can't think of a PL striker that is not PL standard reach that tally. If there is an example it is an extreme rarity.

I’m not arguing about your bet. I’m making the points that 5 goals isn’t very much, even in a low scoring side for someone who doesn’t bring a lot else to the party and that it’s ludicrous to compare a non prolific Tammy to a non prolific Heskey.

In fact, that second point is a perfect example of why I’m not a big stats fan.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 1271 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:17 - Apr 8 by Dippy

You're right about nothing.. you're making a prediction you melon.

He's too thick to troll.

No, I am right that there was no belief behind the statement that he was a Sunday League player at best, his next club would be Bristol City and he is not a PL striker.

The fact is he IS a premier league striker, and the top scorer for that premier league team. I am correct until proven otherwise. There has been a bet offered which has predictably been refused.

Either way, I'm right.

Login to get fewer ads

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 1261 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:17 - Apr 8 by jack247

I’m not arguing about your bet. I’m making the points that 5 goals isn’t very much, even in a low scoring side for someone who doesn’t bring a lot else to the party and that it’s ludicrous to compare a non prolific Tammy to a non prolific Heskey.

In fact, that second point is a perfect example of why I’m not a big stats fan.

But the discussion is all about the bet and the bet is all about the discussion. They are inter linked.

If you think Tammy has nothing to offer and doesn't even score many goals. You said yourself "you cannot be non prolific and have no other attributes"... then he will not be a PL striker and he will not get 50 goals. Because your statement is absolutely correct, you cannot be a PL striker and offer nothing, which is why there is no example of a player nit good enough for the PL scoring 50 goals, or if so it will be an extreme rarity.

Hence why the bet proves he is a PL standard striker. If he offers nothing then he won't be a PL striker for very long. Certainly not long enough to notch up 50 goals for someone who is described as non prolific.

I didn't compare Heskey to Abraham either. Not once.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:27]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 1257 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:19 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

No, I am right that there was no belief behind the statement that he was a Sunday League player at best, his next club would be Bristol City and he is not a PL striker.

The fact is he IS a premier league striker, and the top scorer for that premier league team. I am correct until proven otherwise. There has been a bet offered which has predictably been refused.

Either way, I'm right.

Questioning other people's beliefs.. you do know you can't enter the mind of a human being?

I seriously don't get Dimi's motives on times.. he's weird.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:29 - Apr 8 with 1252 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:25 - Apr 8 by Dippy

Questioning other people's beliefs.. you do know you can't enter the mind of a human being?

I seriously don't get Dimi's motives on times.. he's weird.

If you don't get "dimis" (admitting defeat there) motives, then by definition you must have questioned them.

You have got yourself into a bit of a pickle there.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:31 - Apr 8 with 1246 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:29 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

If you don't get "dimis" (admitting defeat there) motives, then by definition you must have questioned them.

You have got yourself into a bit of a pickle there.

Not really.. if you can actually read. But it's doubtful.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:33 - Apr 8 with 1238 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:31 - Apr 8 by Dippy

Not really.. if you can actually read. But it's doubtful.

Yes, really.

Are you that reincarnation of the poster who used to pretend he was unemployed? Can't remember the username now. Frighteningly similar.

Skippy? Something like that?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:43 - Apr 8 with 1220 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:23 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

But the discussion is all about the bet and the bet is all about the discussion. They are inter linked.

If you think Tammy has nothing to offer and doesn't even score many goals. You said yourself "you cannot be non prolific and have no other attributes"... then he will not be a PL striker and he will not get 50 goals. Because your statement is absolutely correct, you cannot be a PL striker and offer nothing, which is why there is no example of a player nit good enough for the PL scoring 50 goals, or if so it will be an extreme rarity.

Hence why the bet proves he is a PL standard striker. If he offers nothing then he won't be a PL striker for very long. Certainly not long enough to notch up 50 goals for someone who is described as non prolific.

I didn't compare Heskey to Abraham either. Not once.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:27]

The discussion is about whether Abraham is good enough. Nobody cares about your bet apart from yourself and whoever you made it with. Most of us on here are more concerned with the Swans this season than how loan players future careers will pan out.

At the moment, he is ok to do a job when Bony is injured and Jordan is suspended. He wouldn’t get a lot of minutes if both were fit.

You used Heskey as a quite correct example of how a striker can be PL quality without scoring a lot of goals, you also correctly credited him with being a big factor in Michael Owens career. You could have also used someone like Defoe or Solskjaer as an example of someone whose goalscoring means they can get away without leading the line and making chances.

What you are overlooking is that Tammy doesn’t bring any of that. He doesn’t score many, he can’t lead the line, can be very good at playing others in, but does it too frequently.

I had high hopes for him at the start of the season. I’ve changed my tune based on watching him play.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:49 - Apr 8 with 1210 viewsDarran

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:43 - Apr 8 by jack247

The discussion is about whether Abraham is good enough. Nobody cares about your bet apart from yourself and whoever you made it with. Most of us on here are more concerned with the Swans this season than how loan players future careers will pan out.

At the moment, he is ok to do a job when Bony is injured and Jordan is suspended. He wouldn’t get a lot of minutes if both were fit.

You used Heskey as a quite correct example of how a striker can be PL quality without scoring a lot of goals, you also correctly credited him with being a big factor in Michael Owens career. You could have also used someone like Defoe or Solskjaer as an example of someone whose goalscoring means they can get away without leading the line and making chances.

What you are overlooking is that Tammy doesn’t bring any of that. He doesn’t score many, he can’t lead the line, can be very good at playing others in, but does it too frequently.

I had high hopes for him at the start of the season. I’ve changed my tune based on watching him play.

The problem is here Tim is that you’re replying to a troll that never ever goes to a game,someone that is only seeing what the camera is showing,no movement and postioning of players.
It’s pointless replying,honestly just leave it go.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:53 - Apr 8 with 1203 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:43 - Apr 8 by jack247

You are just using that as a tool to say nobody cares about your bet. They are the same discussion, whether Tammy is good enough for the PL. Remember also you quoted me not the OP and my discussion has firmly been on testing the resolve of that theory so to dismiss the notion of discussion surrounding the bet - or indeed the proof - is disingenuous to be frank.

I did not use Heskey as any kind of example. You have either not followed the thread or completely misunderstood it. But either way I assure you I did not use Heskey as an example for absolutely anything, didn't even hint at it.

Someone did however use Heskey as an example of a bad striker scoring more than 50 goals. I simply replied informing him that Heskey was far from a bad striker and indeed a very good one.

I am not overlooking that you believe Tammy doesn't bring any of that in the slightest. Hence why it is inbuilt into the bet discussion. If he doesn't bring any of that then he will not be a PL striker for very long, certainly not long enough to score 50 goals for a player you state is not prolific.

If he is good enough for the PL then he has an excellent chance to hit that milestone, if he isn't then he is really up against it as nobody has thus far managed to think of a single player that has done it that is not worthy of the league they played in (PL).

It is my belief he will, it is clear that the lack of action on the proposition bet from those normally quite willing and pro active in this form of fare that they are not as confident in their claims as they initially wanted to portray.

Considering he is a Swansea player currently, our top scorer, scorer of 20% of our PL goals and just dug us out of what would have been a damaging defeat - seems a rather odd stance to take if you don't particularly believe it.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:56]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:38 - Apr 8 with 1163 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:53 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

You are just using that as a tool to say nobody cares about your bet. They are the same discussion, whether Tammy is good enough for the PL. Remember also you quoted me not the OP and my discussion has firmly been on testing the resolve of that theory so to dismiss the notion of discussion surrounding the bet - or indeed the proof - is disingenuous to be frank.

I did not use Heskey as any kind of example. You have either not followed the thread or completely misunderstood it. But either way I assure you I did not use Heskey as an example for absolutely anything, didn't even hint at it.

Someone did however use Heskey as an example of a bad striker scoring more than 50 goals. I simply replied informing him that Heskey was far from a bad striker and indeed a very good one.

I am not overlooking that you believe Tammy doesn't bring any of that in the slightest. Hence why it is inbuilt into the bet discussion. If he doesn't bring any of that then he will not be a PL striker for very long, certainly not long enough to score 50 goals for a player you state is not prolific.

If he is good enough for the PL then he has an excellent chance to hit that milestone, if he isn't then he is really up against it as nobody has thus far managed to think of a single player that has done it that is not worthy of the league they played in (PL).

It is my belief he will, it is clear that the lack of action on the proposition bet from those normally quite willing and pro active in this form of fare that they are not as confident in their claims as they initially wanted to portray.

Considering he is a Swansea player currently, our top scorer, scorer of 20% of our PL goals and just dug us out of what would have been a damaging defeat - seems a rather odd stance to take if you don't particularly believe it.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 12:56]

Quite the opposite. I’m discussing the players merits. The first time I replied to you on this thread was to explain that 5 goals by this stage of the season, even in a struggling team who don’t score many, isn’t great for a centre forward who has been available for most of the season and brings very little apart from goals.

Nobody does care about your bet. You can believe people do if you want.

As for your last paragraph, I’d rather be sitting here agreeing with you, at the start of the season I would have been, but he hasn’t cut the mustard often enough.

He dug us out yesterday. If we’d had a decent centre forward all season, we’d quite likely be safe by now.

Without being too disingenuous, he’s not top scorer in the league and is probably only top scorer overall because we rest Jordan for games against teams like Notts County and Bony has only played 15 games.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:47 - Apr 8 with 1148 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:38 - Apr 8 by jack247

Quite the opposite. I’m discussing the players merits. The first time I replied to you on this thread was to explain that 5 goals by this stage of the season, even in a struggling team who don’t score many, isn’t great for a centre forward who has been available for most of the season and brings very little apart from goals.

Nobody does care about your bet. You can believe people do if you want.

As for your last paragraph, I’d rather be sitting here agreeing with you, at the start of the season I would have been, but he hasn’t cut the mustard often enough.

He dug us out yesterday. If we’d had a decent centre forward all season, we’d quite likely be safe by now.

Without being too disingenuous, he’s not top scorer in the league and is probably only top scorer overall because we rest Jordan for games against teams like Notts County and Bony has only played 15 games.

Being great was not the discussion. Being a PL quality striker was.

He has scored 5 PL goals in 15 PL starts in his first full season as a PL player who is a matter of months out of his teens. He is our top scorer and scored 20% of our goals to help us to 15th.

Whether you or anyone else cares about my bet is irrelevant. The point is they are the same discussion to dismiss one dismisses the whole discussion, they are regarding the same thing.

You can of course say in your opinion he hasn't cut the mustard enough, but the fact is he is our top goalscorer in a season we are odds on to reach our target to stay up. He is good enough by the very definition of it.

If your argument regarding top scorer is that you believe Jordan Ayew is currently better, I agree. But Jordan Ayew is a very talented PL player in the prime of his career, because he is currently better than Abraham does not make Abraham not PL quality. It's irrelevant what Ayew does.

So if as you say he has nothing to his game, then he will not be a PL striker for long and thus due to not being prolific either won't reach 50. There is no way.

Yet I can assure you barring a transfer abroad or a career ending injury he will get 50 PL goals. Until he is not on target for that, or not performing to team targets then he is PL quality until proven otherwise.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:54 - Apr 8 with 1138 viewsJoe_bradshaw

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him back here on loan again next season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:58 - Apr 8 with 1127 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:54 - Apr 8 by Joe_bradshaw

It wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him back here on loan again next season.

Hopefully. Although can see him at a club like Bournemouth in place of Defoe, a team that plays a bit more to his strengths.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:10 - Apr 8 with 1112 viewsDrizzy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:12 - Apr 8 by Darran

Great post K.
I honestly can’t understand why grown men continue to reply to the cùnt when he is clearly trolling.

It is fascinating to read the thoughts of someone so hopelessly misguided, Daz.

I do wonder about his supposedly generous salary when he spends all of his time repeating himself on a football forum. Total fantasist.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:12 - Apr 8 with 1105 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 13:47 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Being great was not the discussion. Being a PL quality striker was.

He has scored 5 PL goals in 15 PL starts in his first full season as a PL player who is a matter of months out of his teens. He is our top scorer and scored 20% of our goals to help us to 15th.

Whether you or anyone else cares about my bet is irrelevant. The point is they are the same discussion to dismiss one dismisses the whole discussion, they are regarding the same thing.

You can of course say in your opinion he hasn't cut the mustard enough, but the fact is he is our top goalscorer in a season we are odds on to reach our target to stay up. He is good enough by the very definition of it.

If your argument regarding top scorer is that you believe Jordan Ayew is currently better, I agree. But Jordan Ayew is a very talented PL player in the prime of his career, because he is currently better than Abraham does not make Abraham not PL quality. It's irrelevant what Ayew does.

So if as you say he has nothing to his game, then he will not be a PL striker for long and thus due to not being prolific either won't reach 50. There is no way.

Yet I can assure you barring a transfer abroad or a career ending injury he will get 50 PL goals. Until he is not on target for that, or not performing to team targets then he is PL quality until proven otherwise.

‘Not great’ is another way of saying poor. As you well know. I think 5 league goals is pretty poor seeing as he’s a passenger a lot of the time and has very little aside from goals to his game.

I haven’t said he’s not a PL quality striker either. Although (and this bit does relate to your bet) I think he’s going to have to improve substantially to carve out a 10-15 year career and score 50 goals at this level. I hope for his sake that he does. It doesn’t really matter to me though and I’m not sure why it does to you.

The argument re. top scorer is that Jordan Ayew has scored more league goals than Tammy. Therefore Tammy is not top scorer in our journey to safety and by definition good enough, or however you phrased it.

BTW Your bet is about how Tammys career will work out. More or less everyone else on this thread has been discussing how good he has been this season. They are not the same thing.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:17 - Apr 8 with 1097 viewsDarran

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:10 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

I do wonder about his supposedly generous salary when he spends all of his time repeating himself on a football forum. Total fantasist.

Without doubt K.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:17 - Apr 8 with 1096 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:10 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

All of my time? Have you cut my life to a few hours a week? Wish you had told me.

You criticise me financially, when I explain myself you criticise me for doing that suggesting nobody would be interested then admit to wondering. If you weren't so damn cute I would think you were a psychopath.

Now did we make that 100 in the end? Or are you just interested in your usual attention seeking posturing?

(BTW it is not a "generous" salary, it is richly earned. Just a point of order).
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 14:24]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:22 - Apr 8 with 1080 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 14:12 - Apr 8 by jack247

‘Not great’ is another way of saying poor. As you well know. I think 5 league goals is pretty poor seeing as he’s a passenger a lot of the time and has very little aside from goals to his game.

I haven’t said he’s not a PL quality striker either. Although (and this bit does relate to your bet) I think he’s going to have to improve substantially to carve out a 10-15 year career and score 50 goals at this level. I hope for his sake that he does. It doesn’t really matter to me though and I’m not sure why it does to you.

The argument re. top scorer is that Jordan Ayew has scored more league goals than Tammy. Therefore Tammy is not top scorer in our journey to safety and by definition good enough, or however you phrased it.

BTW Your bet is about how Tammys career will work out. More or less everyone else on this thread has been discussing how good he has been this season. They are not the same thing.

No it isn't. Not great means not great. 5 goals in 15 starts is far from poor. If you took every PL striker this season and took an average then it would comfortably be in the top half as would his goals to starts ratio.

He is our top scorer in our journey to safety. Not top scorer in the league as someone has scored a solitary goal more, but the cup runs were the bedrock of the run we put together to get us into this position. His goals allowed us confidence.

The comment was he is Sunday League standard, not a PL player and I am sure it was on this thread, if not then from the same poster suggesting he never will be a PL player.

By all means you may have the discussion you wish to have with someone discussing the same things, but if you are talking directly to me regarding my contribution to the thread then it is simply providing an opportunity for people to back their view of the above, and my absolute confidence in the opposite.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 14:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024