Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea 15:37 - Apr 7 with 23476 viewsDyfnant

Title says it all.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:04 - Apr 8 with 1617 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 08:29 - Apr 8 by builthjack

The bet is too long term. Me, or you, may not be around in years to come so it's a pointless bet.
Let's have a proper mans bet. I say he will not score 15 Premier League goals next season.
Any striker worth his salt will do that. Are you up for it or don't you have the confidence in him?
50 is fine but double it if you want.

You and I may not be around by next year. So if that is the grounds of any bet you make then you will never make one by that very concept.

I don't think 15 goals is season reflects if someone is a PL quality striker. In fact that is displayed by the fact I am saying he is one now and yet he has 5.

There are plenty of premier league quality strikers that won't reach 15 goals next year (only 3 strikers in the whole league have reached 15 PL goals this season). But there are very few, if any, players not worthy of playing in the league that have 50 goals in that particular league - because the very fact they have 50 goals in that league suggests they are worthy to be there.

As I said, it is always entertaining how quickly people back away from their opinion as soon as money gets involved.

Granted you have learned from your last mistake as it looks almost certain you will be handing me 50 smackers come seasons end as it is. But due to your conviction here I thought you would be happy to try again.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 9:08]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:17 - Apr 8 with 1580 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:04 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

You and I may not be around by next year. So if that is the grounds of any bet you make then you will never make one by that very concept.

I don't think 15 goals is season reflects if someone is a PL quality striker. In fact that is displayed by the fact I am saying he is one now and yet he has 5.

There are plenty of premier league quality strikers that won't reach 15 goals next year (only 3 strikers in the whole league have reached 15 PL goals this season). But there are very few, if any, players not worthy of playing in the league that have 50 goals in that particular league - because the very fact they have 50 goals in that league suggests they are worthy to be there.

As I said, it is always entertaining how quickly people back away from their opinion as soon as money gets involved.

Granted you have learned from your last mistake as it looks almost certain you will be handing me 50 smackers come seasons end as it is. But due to your conviction here I thought you would be happy to try again.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 9:08]

In simple terms, it's a no from you then. Fine.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:18 - Apr 8 with 1575 viewsLeonWasGod

His 5 league goals are very welcome, but no way have we the money to spend £20m on a player who may bulk up and may learn to lead the line in a few tears time. Crazy talk! I hope it works out gor the kid, but he’s a luxury we can’t afford at that price.

He’ll find this season a valuable experience though. Half the number of goals in all competitions as the “useless wardrobe” Llorente in the same number of games. So he’s heading in the right direction.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 1552 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:18 - Apr 8 by LeonWasGod

His 5 league goals are very welcome, but no way have we the money to spend £20m on a player who may bulk up and may learn to lead the line in a few tears time. Crazy talk! I hope it works out gor the kid, but he’s a luxury we can’t afford at that price.

He’ll find this season a valuable experience though. Half the number of goals in all competitions as the “useless wardrobe” Llorente in the same number of games. So he’s heading in the right direction.

Don't.. Gylfi and Llorente were the root cause of our team shape and cohesive problems..

Wayne Routledge deserves a contract.
Nathan Dyer can still do a job.
Angel and Britton can still do a job.
Lee Trundle is still banging them in.. sign him up.

Sell Ki!
Sell Fabianski!

It's like we're purposely trying to relegate ourselves on delusional beliefs.. like a religious doctrine.

Poll: Cooper Out

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:26 - Apr 8 with 1543 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:17 - Apr 8 by builthjack

In simple terms, it's a no from you then. Fine.

It's a resounding yes.

50 goals will show he is worthy of being here. Let's have a bet.

15 in one specific season is a target many will not reach, only 3.strikers have managed it this year. Your measure does not represent what the debate entails. Mine does.

Up to you if you wish to stand by what you said (not the strawman one that you then turned it into). Doesn't look like you do though.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 9:29]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:27 - Apr 8 with 1535 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:18 - Apr 8 by LeonWasGod

Nobody is saying we have the money to buy him.

This discussion arose due to talk of buying him last season, or this pre season more accurately speaking - in which we did have the amount spoken about in this thread.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:42 - Apr 8 with 1514 viewsSTID2017

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:26 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

It's a resounding yes.

15 in one specific season is a target many will not reach, only 3.strikers have managed it this year. Your measure does not represent what the debate entails. Mine does.

Up to you if you wish to stand by what you said (not the strawman one that you then turned it into). Doesn't look like you do though.

He hasn't been prolific, and quite a few times his attitude has been questionable, however the fact that he has scored 5 of our 26 goals, certainly shows he has promise.
I wouldn't rate him as a £20 million player though, even in today's inflated market

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:07 - Apr 8 with 1493 viewsjack247

It's a resounding yes.

This is too stats driven. His goal record in isolation looks decent enough. It ignores the fact that he does very little else and gives the ball away far too often.

He puts the odd killer ball through for the likes of Clucas and Jordan, but doesn’t contribute nearly enough overall.
Login to get fewer ads

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:14 - Apr 8 with 1487 viewsbuilthjack

It's a resounding yes.

50 goals over a career. That's probably about 12 or 13 years. You haven't got much confidence in him, that's about 3 or 4 goals a season.
I tell you what, let's say 10 Premier League goals next season alone. If you refuse that then you have zero confidence in your mans ability.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:46 - Apr 8 with 1456 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 09:42 - Apr 8 by STID2017

He hasn't been prolific, and quite a few times his attitude has been questionable, however the fact that he has scored 5 of our 26 goals, certainly shows he has promise.
I wouldn't rate him as a £20 million player though, even in today's inflated market

He doesn't have to be prolific to be worthy of being a Premier League standard striker.

You personally may not rate him as a 20m striker but if a price tag was put on his head of that from Chelsea (they wouldn't sell him so cheaply) you would have many teams queuing up to sign him.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:01]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:49 - Apr 8 with 1449 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:07 - Apr 8 by jack247

This is too stats driven. His goal record in isolation looks decent enough. It ignores the fact that he does very little else and gives the ball away far too often.

He puts the odd killer ball through for the likes of Clucas and Jordan, but doesn’t contribute nearly enough overall.

Premier league strikers are often lacking in other areas but become regular and successful premier league strikers due to their goalscoring ability.

Remember what the argument was, you are changing it. He said he is not a Premier League striker.

....Even though he has scored 20% of all of a Premier League clubs league goals even though he has only started less than half of them.

If he is not a Premier League striker he will quickly not be one, therefore will not be able to get the goals required. Although I think, and it certainly seems, like we both think he probably will.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:02]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:58 - Apr 8 with 1438 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:14 - Apr 8 by builthjack

50 goals over a career. That's probably about 12 or 13 years. You haven't got much confidence in him, that's about 3 or 4 goals a season.
I tell you what, let's say 10 Premier League goals next season alone. If you refuse that then you have zero confidence in your mans ability.

No not 50 career goals. 50 PREMIER LEAGUE goals.

Your argument is illogical because he doesn't have 10 PL goals this season and I am stating quite categorically that he is a PL standard striker, our top scorer and scorer of 20% of our league goals even though he has started less than half.

So why would a refusal to accept a bet that he won't double what I think has already made him a PL standard striker mean I have to confidence in my claim, or rather the assertion that yours is wrong. Makes no sense.

You said his next transfer will be to Bristol City for 5m. Remember this bet is a result of your claim, not mine. So with that in mind (your claim) he won't have a career in the PL will he? He will be playing for Bristol City who have not been in the Premier League in my PL watching days at least and don't look like they will any time soon.

I have complete confidence that he is a PL standard striker and as a result will score 50 goals at this level in his career - something not many, if any, strikers have done not worthy of playing that standard. (Which is the discussion)

I can give of a multitude of players that have not reached 10 PL goals in a specific PL season that are certainly PL quality. (Alvaro Morata for example has only just passed that mark and is spoken of as among the best strikers in Europe, Gabriel Jesus has 9)... So again you are changing what you initially said to a bet that represents completely nothing of what you claimed.

My offer covers all our bases, yet you clearly have a reluctance to do so. But we also both knew you would.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:05]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:04 - Apr 8 with 1424 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:49 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Premier league strikers are often lacking in other areas but become regular and successful premier league strikers due to their goalscoring ability.

Remember what the argument was, you are changing it. He said he is not a Premier League striker.

....Even though he has scored 20% of all of a Premier League clubs league goals even though he has only started less than half of them.

If he is not a Premier League striker he will quickly not be one, therefore will not be able to get the goals required. Although I think, and it certainly seems, like we both think he probably will.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:02]

I’m judging him on this season, not what he did in the Championship or the player he may become.

5 goals by the start of April is fine if you’re linking play and creating a lot of chances for others. It’s not enough if you’re not contributing much else. He is not prolific enough to be a goal scorer only.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:05 - Apr 8 with 1423 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 10:58 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

No not 50 career goals. 50 PREMIER LEAGUE goals.

Your argument is illogical because he doesn't have 10 PL goals this season and I am stating quite categorically that he is a PL standard striker, our top scorer and scorer of 20% of our league goals even though he has started less than half.

So why would a refusal to accept a bet that he won't double what I think has already made him a PL standard striker mean I have to confidence in my claim, or rather the assertion that yours is wrong. Makes no sense.

You said his next transfer will be to Bristol City for 5m. Remember this bet is a result of your claim, not mine. So with that in mind (your claim) he won't have a career in the PL will he? He will be playing for Bristol City who have not been in the Premier League in my PL watching days at least and don't look like they will any time soon.

I have complete confidence that he is a PL standard striker and as a result will score 50 goals at this level in his career - something not many, if any, strikers have done not worthy of playing that standard. (Which is the discussion)

I can give of a multitude of players that have not reached 10 PL goals in a specific PL season that are certainly PL quality. (Alvaro Morata for example has only just passed that mark and is spoken of as among the best strikers in Europe, Gabriel Jesus has 9)... So again you are changing what you initially said to a bet that represents completely nothing of what you claimed.

My offer covers all our bases, yet you clearly have a reluctance to do so. But we also both knew you would.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:05]

Fck me man, even Dyer would score 50 if he had 15 seasons left in him.
So you dont think Abraham can score 10 in a season. End of.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:06 - Apr 8 with 1418 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:05 - Apr 8 by builthjack

Fck me man, even Dyer would score 50 if he had 15 seasons left in him.
So you dont think Abraham can score 10 in a season. End of.

But if he had 15 seasons of playing in the Premier League on order to score 50 premier league goals.... then be would be a premier league standard player.

You can't seem to grasp this.

This bet was as a result of your claim. Your claim was that his next transfer would be to Bristol City, if that is the case then he will not have a career in the PL.

So the bet in response to your claim was that he will get 50 career PL goals... you are now backtracking.

You are refusing the bet on the grounds that your initial claim is incorrect. Which makes no sense. If your claim is accurate then let's go on the basis of that, which means he will not have a career in the PL.

*If you are scared to accept the bet because you already assume your claim is wrong and as a result he will have a 15 year PL career, then you have admitted you are wrong before the bet even begins.*

Bottom line.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2018 11:16]

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:34 - Apr 8 with 1370 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:06 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

But if he had 15 seasons of playing in the Premier League on order to score 50 premier league goals.... then be would be a premier league standard player.

This bet was as a result of your claim. Your claim was that his next transfer would be to Bristol City, if that is the case then he will not have a career in the PL.

So the bet in response to your claim was that he will get 50 career PL goals... you are now backtracking.

You are refusing the bet on the grounds that your initial claim is incorrect. Which makes no sense. If your claim is accurate then let's go on the basis of that, which means he will not have a career in the PL.

*If you are scared to accept the bet because you already assume your claim is wrong and as a result he will have a 15 year PL career, then you have admitted you are wrong before the bet even begins.*

Bottom line.

Heskey scored 100 premier league goals.. Titus Bramble made a career in the Premier League..

100s are masquerading as politicians..

Millions of people in the UK are qualified.. yet struggle to understand the arithmetic structure of simple 1+1 = 2..

I have basically taken on the best of British.. and made him quiver in a corner like a lost wanderer.

You can even ask him.. who has terrified you the most in your professional career "this kid with spectacles, unorthodox, tough as nails, intuitive beyond the normal range of human comprehension.. but what terrified me the most, was his knack to kill your hopes, dreams and ambitions before he even entered the room, sometimes he didn't even have to enter the room, he won the match, yet he didn't turn up.. if i could give people advice on this person, on how to approach him, be honest, because he's already seen you before he's walked through the door, and he even had extra gears.. and I'm the best"

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:38 - Apr 8 with 1364 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:34 - Apr 8 by Dippy

Heskey scored 100 premier league goals.. Titus Bramble made a career in the Premier League..

Millions of people in the UK are qualified.. yet struggle to understand the arithmetic structure of simple 1+1 = 2..

I have basically taken on the best of British.. and made him quiver in a corner like a lost wanderer.

You can even ask him.. who has terrified you the most in your professional career "this kid with spectacles, unorthodox, tough as nails, intuitive beyond the normal range of human comprehension.. but what terrified me the most, was his knack to kill your hopes, dreams and ambitions before he even entered the room, sometimes he didn't even have to enter the room, he won the match, yet he didn't turn up.. if i could give people advice on this person, on how to approach him, be honest, because he's already seen you before he's walked through the door, and he even had extra gears.. and I'm the best"

Terrific entertainment
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:56 - Apr 8 with 1331 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:38 - Apr 8 by jack247

Terrific entertainment

So he was like Messi? "No, you can see Messi, you might not be able to do much, but you can see him.."this kid, you couldn't see this kid, this kid was like a houdini act, but it was actually real life, I'm still wondering if it was real, or I'm imagining things, but my colleagues keep reminding me it was all real"

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:01 - Apr 8 with 1324 viewsDrizzy

E20, once again, making himself look an absolute c*nt on what should be a very straightforward discussion.

I've taken him up on his ridiculous bet, I made that clear last night. If he had any gumption he'd make a bet on how many goals Tammy will score next season.

He won't though.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:03 - Apr 8 with 1319 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:34 - Apr 8 by Dippy

Well most of that admittedly I scanned over as it seemed grossly irrelevant.

But did however pick up on your comparison that was relevant to the debate. A striker you allude to as presumably not being PL standard in Emile Heskey.

Emile Heskey was a very good striker and a largely example of a non prolific premier league striker. Although he did reach double figures in PL goals 4 separate times while racking up 62 England caps.

Michael Owen is remembered by most as one of the best home grown strikers ever produced. He attributed a lot of his PL success to his partnership with Heskey.

Anyone who is using Emile Heskey as an example of someone who was never PL standard simply loses the debate by using that example. Ludicrous.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:05 - Apr 8 with 1312 viewsjasper_T

I'd swap Tammy for prime Heskey in a heartbeat.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:07 - Apr 8 with 1310 viewsjack247

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:03 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Well most of that admittedly I scanned over as it seemed grossly irrelevant.

But did however pick up on your comparison that was relevant to the debate. A striker you allude to as presumably not being PL standard in Emile Heskey.

Emile Heskey was a very good striker and a largely example of a non prolific premier league striker. Although he did reach double figures in PL goals 4 separate times while racking up 62 England caps.

Michael Owen is remembered by most as one of the best home grown strikers ever produced. He attributed a lot of his PL success to his partnership with Heskey.

Anyone who is using Emile Heskey as an example of someone who was never PL standard simply loses the debate by using that example. Ludicrous.

Yes, but Heskey had a lot more to his game than scoring goals. Tammy doesn’t.

You can’t be a non prolific PL striker and not do anything else either.
Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:09 - Apr 8 with 1305 viewsE20Jack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:01 - Apr 8 by Drizzy

E20, once again, making himself look an absolute c*nt on what should be a very straightforward discussion.

I've taken him up on his ridiculous bet, I made that clear last night. If he had any gumption he'd make a bet on how many goals Tammy will score next season.

He won't though.

You say once again but cannot point to a single time in which this is the case. You just get angry because I am right.

You are also, in this instance (unfortunately is a common theme) are making an utterly ludicrous point.

Gabriel Jesus has scored 9 PL goals this season. If he doesn't score another, possible with Aguero now fit... does that mean he is not a PL standard striker? Of course not.

I don't make random bets that represent nothing. I make bets to test if people truly believe the rubbish they type. As the Gabriel Jesus example shows, that bet in no way proves the discussion.

Builthy will tell you first hand of my prowess in this area as he is about to hand over 50 quid in all but name unless Llorente scores 4 from now until seasons end, Ymaohyd had the humility to pay up early.

Although you also have experience with this last discussion we had you ended up having to donate to two charities.

The sooner you realise I am right about these things the more pennies you will find you have to spend. Just friendly advice.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:10 - Apr 8 with 1304 viewsbuilthjack

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 11:06 - Apr 8 by E20Jack

Bottom line.

I rest my case. Boring me now.

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:10 - Apr 8 with 1302 viewsDippy

Abraham, more Colchester than Chelsea on 12:05 - Apr 8 by jasper_T

I'd swap Tammy for prime Heskey in a heartbeat.

Yeah.. when I think about it.. Heskey would walk into this team..

Football's going to the dogs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024