Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread 23:34 - Jan 31 with 19991 viewsModeratorC

Updates on the game below.

Swansea City Special : The must win game that both sides must win ! 2nd Feb 2024 11:58
The Swans assembled this morning at Fairwood with three new faces to meet and greet from the latest transfer window. Ronald, Saigo Jr and Przemysław Płacheta all come in. Ronald Pereira Martins on a permanent transfer, Placheta on a short term contract and Saigo Jr on loan until the end of the season. 0

Swans all out for the win ! 3rd Feb 2024 08:00
This afternoon’s big game comes straight out of Swansea as they take on Plymouth Argyle : (KO 3pm) Luke Williams is extremely happy with the January transfer window, but urges caution on two of his new players starting the game. 0

Swans injury crisis & Argyle confident of the win 3rd Feb 2024 11:10
All the latest team news today from both camps for this EFL fixture. Plus managers comments, and of course at 2pm we deliver the managers selections for todays game. 0

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 3rd Feb 2024 17:45
It wasn’t a bad game, but the Swans should have wrapped this up in the first half. The positive was Ronald, the negatives is sadly Jerry Yates who again missed an absolute sitter in the first half. He wasn’t totally to blame as the same happened in the second half for substitute Charlie a Patino. The other concern has to be the low turn out from the home fans. With lots of empty seats if there were 14,500 there I would be surprised. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle 3rd Feb 2024 13:31
Both sides have fresh blood from their January transfer business. The Swans have a long injury latest is Harry Darling. 1

Sam Allison is the ref, so far this season he has issued seventy seven yellow cards and one red in twenty games. He will be assisted by Richard Wild and Mark Pottage while the fourth official is Ben Atkinson.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:49 - Feb 3 with 1876 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:30 - Feb 3 by swan_si

You say I'm quick to post bile? OMG 😂😂😂 you really are 🤪

Try again.
Again,answer the points I raised .
First,Grimes as a leader
It’s not that hard

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:51 - Feb 3 with 1868 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:19 - Feb 3 by max936

This 100%, we're glancing over our shoulder at the moment, in a couple of games later we could be looking our our shoulder and ordering diapers from Boots.

This is true but there were some signs of improvement today that despite the defeat shoul help in the long term

Definitely squeaky bum time for a couple of weeks though

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:52 - Feb 3 with 1851 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:49 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

Try again.
Again,answer the points I raised .
First,Grimes as a leader
It’s not that hard

You're irrelevant.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:53 - Feb 3 with 1830 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:47 - Feb 3 by swan_si

The man is full of hate, can't be healthy.

Exactly.
Hate nobody me.
Obviously have arguments and strong discussions with people, but hating is just a waste of energy and eats you away.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:55 - Feb 3 with 1817 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:52 - Feb 3 by swan_si

You're irrelevant.

So much so,you’re replying and reacting to me.
Now,for the third time,comment as per my questions regarding how our team are doing right now.
You’re on your own now…
Off ya go .

Try having a look at those who have commented as such.
You can DM me if you like and we can have a chat .

Wales lost too!
Just

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:58 - Feb 3 with 1807 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:47 - Feb 3 by swan_si

The man is full of hate, can't be healthy.

People take to much notice, he speaks as he sees it, some may disagree, but he's free to post what he feels surely, other posters haven't got to take any notice or continually post to disagree, there are far worse posters on here than OHL who are vindictive and astoundingly arrogant, Trust me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 20:00 - Feb 3 with 1795 viewsswan_si

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:55 - Feb 3 by onehunglow

So much so,you’re replying and reacting to me.
Now,for the third time,comment as per my questions regarding how our team are doing right now.
You’re on your own now…
Off ya go .

Try having a look at those who have commented as such.
You can DM me if you like and we can have a chat .

Wales lost too!
Just

are you really that stupid? 🤫
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 20:01 - Feb 3 with 1788 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:51 - Feb 3 by PatchesOHoulihan

This is true but there were some signs of improvement today that despite the defeat shoul help in the long term

Definitely squeaky bum time for a couple of weeks though

I’ll take a bet with anybody we’ll finish above Plymouth based on what I saw today.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 20:03 - Feb 3 with 1778 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 20:00 - Feb 3 by swan_si

are you really that stupid? 🤫

Probably.
I was expecting a reply from you regarding the topic .
You really are a joy and a welcome relief from a double defeat today.
Wales played sheete then woke up. You missed it?
They dug in,played with sone swank but just failed at the end

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:16 - Feb 3 with 1603 viewsbuilthjack

We should have scored 3, 4, maybe 5. That seems to be the norm. We are awful at finishing.
Grimes, contracted until 2027. Jezoos. He slows play down so much, gets caught on the ball and loses it a lot when pressured. He does his little turn around as he hasn’t got a right foot, and gets picked off time after time. It’s time to bench him.
Fulton does eff all, a poor player more suited to League 1.
These are our 2 central midfielders, the hub of the team. A joke really.
Please Mr Williams start Allen and Patino next game. And the games after that.
Ronald will excite the fans and do a good job. But needs the ball more.
The young Arsenal winger - scared stiff to try and go past his man so he passed it back every time he got it. He won’t be the answer if that’s his game.
Naughton - Finished about 3 years ago. Didn’t do too bad but please, he needs to move down a league.
Rushworth again saved us a few times.

We have to start taking our chances or we will be in very serious trouble very soon.
The Ukrainian. What has he got to do to get minutes?
I could go on and on.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:26 - Feb 3 with 1544 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:16 - Feb 3 by builthjack

We should have scored 3, 4, maybe 5. That seems to be the norm. We are awful at finishing.
Grimes, contracted until 2027. Jezoos. He slows play down so much, gets caught on the ball and loses it a lot when pressured. He does his little turn around as he hasn’t got a right foot, and gets picked off time after time. It’s time to bench him.
The young Arsenal winger - scared stiff to try and go past his man so he passed it back every time he got it. He won’t be the answer if that’s his game.
Naughton - Finished about 3 years ago. Didn’t do too bad but please, he needs to move down a league.

We have to start taking our chances or we will be in very serious trouble very soon.
I could go on and on.

Excellent synopsis though I thought that Satie Jr played ok???

You may get your wish with regards Naughton playing a league lower🥴

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 3 with 1513 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:26 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Excellent synopsis though I thought that Satie Jr played ok???

You may get your wish with regards Naughton playing a league lower🥴

Satie looked to pass it back every time he got it. He was fine doing that.
But I would expect a winger to take his man on a few times when one on one. He didn’t try it .

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:38 - Feb 3 with 1494 viewsHoneyBadger

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:16 - Feb 3 by builthjack

I could go on and on.

Absolutely regarding starting Patino. What is the point in obtaining a classy looking Brazilian attacker when you then use Nathan Wood in the centre to distribute the ball forward all the time. Let Wood concentrate on defending and leave the finess to Patino.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 with 1405 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:32 - Feb 3 by builthjack

Satie looked to pass it back every time he got it. He was fine doing that.
But I would expect a winger to take his man on a few times when one on one. He didn’t try it .

Its Sagoe Jr for clarity,

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 22:18 - Feb 3 with 1384 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 22:13 - Feb 3 by max936

Its Sagoe Jr for clarity,

I blame Union. I just copied the name he said mun.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:44 - Feb 3 with 1225 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 22:18 - Feb 3 by builthjack

I thought the same charles Jr looked scared stiff ,can't understand we at home against plymouth and we so defensive Patino should Bern on earlier someone said he put money on we finish above plymouth, I wouldn't be too sure..
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:50 - Feb 3 with 1221 viewsRichardO

Grimes got into some good position in the first half but reverted back to the lynchpin role which meant the balls forward slowed down and the spaces closed down
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:52 - Feb 3 with 1213 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 22:18 - Feb 3 by builthjack

Don't go copying him mun, he's still waiting for the tide to come in ffs.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:06 - Feb 4 with 1202 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:50 - Feb 3 by RichardO

Grimes got into some good position in the first half but reverted back to the lynchpin role which meant the balls forward slowed down and the spaces closed down

Either Grimes became tiered in the last 15 or became lazy
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:29 - Feb 4 with 1159 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:06 - Feb 4 by owainglyndwr

Our Midfield is easy meat for teams it should have been addressed in the window as a priority, but it wasn't, even though they had been working ultra hard on their recruitment process, nice chatting's at the 19th hole amounted to little, that hole has been the downfall of many.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:34 - Feb 4 with 1160 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:06 - Feb 4 by owainglyndwr

No just scared that his lack of pace would be exposed so by playing the safe ball he would be safe, going against what Luke Williams has said he wants, the ball being moved quickly forward to expose the oppositions weaknesses.
Would even say that the substitutions weakened us but then again you could not expect Ronald to play any more minutes than he did, his awareness of what was happening all around him was excellent telling old head Naughton what he needs to do, Captian material showing after one game.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:00]
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 07:19 - Feb 4 with 986 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:44 - Feb 3 by angryjack

I thought the same charles Jr looked scared stiff ,can't understand we at home against plymouth and we so defensive Patino should Bern on earlier someone said he put money on we finish above plymouth, I wouldn't be too sure..

I said I would take that bet with anyone. I haven’t actually put money on it with the bookies.

Fancy it Angry? £50 charity bet. Loser donates to Keiths foundation?
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 07:58 - Feb 4 with 950 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:50 - Feb 3 by RichardO

Grimes reverted further back in the second half because Williams changed it, with Fulton going off Grimes was the only holding midfielder.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:34 - Feb 4 with 895 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 07:58 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Grimes reverted further back in the second half because Williams changed it, with Fulton going off Grimes was the only holding midfielder.

Yes I know and there in lies a problem a holding midfielder who drops into the back four to pick the ball off the two centre halves who were managing very well as per the end of last season. With the rest of the midfielders all pushing too high it leave nobody in the middle which means the oncoming Sagoe JR had no options in the middle so he has to pass backwards meaning the build up is too slow and we blame the wide players as bring ineffectual it is something that Williams will have to address the same happened on the left by the time the ball is finally got forward the Plymouth defence was in place and we didn't have enough guile to open them up as we did before the changes. Think Placheta looks handy enough and Ronald was excellent making the quick forward pass a viable option enabling us to get in behind the opposition's defence.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:56 - Feb 4 with 850 viewsunion_jack

Yep my fault. I thought I’d typed it right but got changed by autocorrect

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024