Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 39418 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 21:51 - Oct 19 with 2511 viewsJackbustard

Amazed at the reaction of some on here, someone even claiming he gets knocked off the ball easy. Is that a piss take, probably the strongest player on the ball I've seen in Swans shirt. Did very well a few times today.

Again unless he's covering every blade of grass and scoring 2 or 3 a game then he's onto a loser on here.
Bony on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 2499 viewsFar_Post

Like him or not he is our top scorer. Olivier Giroud needed time to get used to the British game and has been great this season. Bony was a beast in Valencia. Give him time.

Blog: The C Word

Bony on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 2493 viewsjelly

Bony on 21:51 - Oct 19 by Jackbustard

Amazed at the reaction of some on here, someone even claiming he gets knocked off the ball easy. Is that a piss take, probably the strongest player on the ball I've seen in Swans shirt. Did very well a few times today.

Again unless he's covering every blade of grass and scoring 2 or 3 a game then he's onto a loser on here.

Why are you amazed? You started this thread knowing full well he was bobbins.
Bony on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 2486 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony on 21:51 - Oct 19 by Jackbustard

He does fall over very easily for a big bloke, no scratch that, he gets knocked over easily for any size of bloke. But, i do think he does that to try and win free kicks, not because he's not strong.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony on 22:02 - Oct 19 with 2470 viewsstackajack

Bony on 21:15 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

Imagine he were like Adrian Forbes and running around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes then he'd be brilliant.

He does exactly what he is asked to and today he did that in the main very well and he scored to boot

Michu on the other hand was just not at the races today

nail

head

hit
Bony on 22:07 - Oct 19 with 2447 viewsstackajack

Bony on 21:56 - Oct 19 by jelly

Why are you amazed? You started this thread knowing full well he was bobbins.

Or maybe it was his genuine opinion. Hmm what a novel idea
Bony on 22:08 - Oct 19 with 2437 viewsLiam12345

he needs to work on his speed and acceleration and fitness overall if he does then he will be a nightmare for defenders.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Bony on 22:09 - Oct 19 with 2435 viewsDaithejack

Allways been the same for us with our strikers does'nt matter how many goals they score or how well they link up unless they run round like a demented loon they are classed as s#%t by some, think we should go back in for Tommy Mutton or Tony Bird in the transfer window they used to sweat like f#%k!

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 22:12 - Oct 19 with 2418 viewsJackanapes

I can only shudder when trying to imagine what the mood would have been like on here had we lost.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 22:13]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Bony on 22:15 - Oct 19 with 2398 views_

Haha

Long live the net and it's wonderful inhabitants....

Phil S and Bonjour on the money....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Bony on 22:21 - Oct 19 with 2375 viewswr72

He might have been told to go down more easily in this league.At first defenders were bouncing off him left right and centre.Now he falls over under the slightest bit of contact.
Bony on 22:53 - Oct 19 with 2328 views2face

Was I the only one that saw a dangerous free kick from De Guzman that came as a result of Bony "falling easily"?
Bony on 23:48 - Oct 19 with 2276 viewsGowerjack

Bony on 21:15 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

Imagine he were like Adrian Forbes and running around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes then he'd be brilliant.

He does exactly what he is asked to and today he did that in the main very well and he scored to boot

Michu on the other hand was just not at the races today

Ah

Just like Jonjo Shelvy

And that's not good.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bony on 07:24 - Oct 20 with 2157 viewsPlasticman

My opinion: I didn't pay too much attention to him aside noticing he was a participant of practicacally everye dangerous effort we had untill he got subbed. Vasquez I didn't reallt notice after he got on.

Says it all about the ability of the 2 players to make their presence felt in the game.

Plastic since 2012

Bony on 07:31 - Oct 20 with 2149 viewsJackanapes

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/stat-attack-sunderland-1122485.aspx?utm_

So there... take that doubters. ( My cynical side thinks this may be a pr excercise but there are an encouraging number of blue arrows and red cirles in those diagrams. Consider my fears well and truly diverted)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 7:34]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Bony on 07:36 - Oct 20 with 2139 viewsDr_Winston

This.

He's played better, but as a focal point for our attacking efforts he did well enough. Still don't think we've seen anything like the best of him yet though. Valencia away was probably the closest he's come.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bony on 07:44 - Oct 20 with 2136 viewsStarsky

Bony on 21:49 - Oct 19 by lovejuicejack

The whole team under performed today its as simple as that and that includes Michu .. I suppose the big difference is that Michu did not cost us 12 mill and he is already a proven goal scorer.

We were dogsh1t today and a better team would of battered us but I am happy with the win, its just frustrating to watch as we can play so much better.

Oh dear

It's just the internet, init.

Bony on 08:50 - Oct 20 with 2108 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 07:31 - Oct 20 by Jackanapes

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/stat-attack-sunderland-1122485.aspx?utm_

So there... take that doubters. ( My cynical side thinks this may be a pr excercise but there are an encouraging number of blue arrows and red cirles in those diagrams. Consider my fears well and truly diverted)
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 7:34]

Wow, surely they are talking about a different player given some of the comments on here.

Can one of the doubters explain what they feel he did wrong yesterday, pretty much every ball played into him stuck and he was able to bring others into play. Exactly what he was put into the team for.
Bony on 09:01 - Oct 20 with 2084 views_

It just shows how some on here have no clue about the game. See Jelly and that Ymaohyd or whet ever it is and regrettably Neath Jack on this occasion.

Bony is coming on nicely as fas as I'm concerned and it looks to me that he's really willing to learn and fit in with our style of play.

The above and some other un-necessary dissenters would do well to forget the price we paid for him. See our squad as a whole with Vasquez, Michu and Bony all useful options up front and everyone eels for that matter who are all together fighting for us to give us more seasons in the Premier League and enjoyment in cups.

In other words....back off.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Bony on 09:06 - Oct 20 with 2075 viewsdameedna

It's probably more a case of people comparing to the likes of Benteke and Lukaku who are world class and have oustanding abilities in all areas. Bony has some key strengths which the team need to play to. Michu, Shelvey, Pozuel, Pablo are well suited imo to this type of player. For me it is already working though some teams are better than others at closing down play in the centre.
Bony on 09:10 - Oct 20 with 2066 viewsDrGonzo

Some hideous comments again. Bony is obviously too black for some.
Bony on 09:11 - Oct 20 with 2056 viewswr72

Bony on 09:10 - Oct 20 by DrGonzo

Don't be daft and provocative mun.
Bony on 09:14 - Oct 20 with 2052 views_

Bony on 09:06 - Oct 20 by dameedna

It's probably more a case of people comparing to the likes of Benteke and Lukaku who are world class and have oustanding abilities in all areas. Bony has some key strengths which the team need to play to. Michu, Shelvey, Pozuel, Pablo are well suited imo to this type of player. For me it is already working though some teams are better than others at closing down play in the centre.

Lukaku went for something like £19m didn't he? And that game against Newcastle recently, the first half he was explosive and caused them all sorts of problems, the second half was why he's out on loan. He scored against us last season, so fair dues, scoring is always useful, but he was gash in that game too.

Benteke, well he's a bigger lump so we'd need to play a certain way. Villa play more long balls than anyone else. That's not us I'm afraid so he wouldn't fit in with us perhaps.

Bony on 09:16 - Oct 20 with 2040 views_

Bony on 09:11 - Oct 20 by wr72

Don't be daft and provocative mun.

Yeah I don't think his colour should ever be mentioned, that's ridiculous and even though we've got some ignoramus's following us, I don't think even they see it like that either.

Bony on 09:23 - Oct 20 with 2028 viewswr72

Bony on 09:10 - Oct 20 by DrGonzo

Aren't you the lad from Baglan who we both have a mutual friendship with,Welsh Pete?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024