Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 39631 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 12:24 - Oct 20 with 1811 viewsStarsky

I can't believe that Adrian Forbes is always getting pelters on here after all these years. I bet you all cheered though when he scored the winner at Bury to get us promoted. Stupid posters

It's just the internet, init.

Bony on 12:25 - Oct 20 with 1807 viewsChief

Bony on 12:23 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

Apart from the seven goals he's already scored this season?

has he scored a meaningful one?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bony on 12:27 - Oct 20 with 1777 viewsChief

what it is, I was comparing the 2 players style of play. they play similarly. just saying like

Bony on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 1764 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony on 12:25 - Oct 20 by Chief

has he scored a meaningful one?

Is there such a thing as a meaningless goal?

How about the opener against Valencia? He got a couple against Malmo as well I believe?

Poll: Tory leader

Bony on 12:31 - Oct 20 with 1750 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 12:27 - Oct 20 by Chief

what it is, I was comparing the 2 players style of play. they play similarly. just saying like

Let's bring back Carl Heggs. He runs around a lot...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony on 12:38 - Oct 20 with 1734 viewsChief

Bony on 12:31 - Oct 20 by waynekerr55

Let's bring back Carl Heggs. He runs around a lot...

running about is a fundamental part of playing football

Bony on 12:41 - Oct 20 with 1724 viewsChief

yes there is, winning goals or goals that put games to bed are what I would class as meaningful goals. he hasn't scored any of them yet apart from malmo.

don't get wrong, I thought he played great out in Valencia, but it looks like 1 off to me

Bony on 12:44 - Oct 20 with 1717 viewswaynekerr55

Bony on 12:38 - Oct 20 by Chief

running about is a fundamental part of playing football

Are you David Moyes in disguise?

Have a look at our goalscoring stats with and without Bony on the field...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 12:51 - Oct 20 with 1707 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony on 10:54 - Oct 20 by Dr_Winston

Everyone had a sh*t first half yesterday. Not sure what point there is in singling individual players out for it when you could point the finger at 1-11.

Aye, which i said in another thread on here yesterday, the point of singling him out is direct replies to the OP who singled him out for praise. If this thread was titled the whole team then i'd imagine you;d get comments on all the others too. Just a thought mind.

I'm not sure why people can't see that if someone posts their views about a player, 9 times out of 10 there's going to be others that disagree. Kind of how a forum works.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony on 12:52 - Oct 20 with 1705 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony on 10:47 - Oct 20 by Jackbustard

I said he put in a good shift, hardly saying he was fantastic.

Fan posts positive thread after 4 - 0 win shocker.

Other fans post differing opinions shocker.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Bony on 12:53 - Oct 20 with 1702 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony on 10:20 - Oct 20 by _

Hey, I mean the other Neath Jack with the pithy Jeremy Charles comment.

I'm not sure I agree with you when you say he falls over too easy but I see that as fair constructive criticism, as opposed to the other NJ's comments

I enjoy your posts mate.

Ah right, my apologies.

Bony on 13:23 - Oct 20 with 1665 views2face

Bony on 11:13 - Oct 20 by Morfa_Same

All the criticism is down to his transfer fee. If we'd signed him for £2m everyone would be saying he's doing fine.

We do seem to have overpaid, which really isn't Bony's fault, but I think the board will be more cautious about making this kind of 'marquee' signing in future.

Personally I think he's 'done alright' this season, and has definitely shown signs of improvement over the last two matches. We need to be patient with him and not too critical. He's young enough that he's still learning as a player, and could yet turn into a beast if we develop him wisely.

Compared to what exactly? Which players cost less and are doing better than Bony?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:18]
Bony on 14:16 - Oct 20 with 1617 viewsmonmouth

Personally, I'm far more exercised (not particularly concerned yet) about how we get the best out of Michu than I am about Wilfried Bony. We needed a striker to do what Bony is there to do; he is patently capable of doing it given the chance; we score when he is on the field; no problem.

Michu on the other hand looks like a world class solution looking for the right problem
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:16]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony on 14:39 - Oct 20 with 1587 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 12:52 - Oct 20 by Neath_Jack

Other fans post differing opinions shocker.

You can have a different opinion, but dont make up things to back up your opinion. Never once said he was fantastic as you claimed.
Bony on 14:49 - Oct 20 with 1574 viewsMorfa_Same

Bony on 13:23 - Oct 20 by 2face

Compared to what exactly? Which players cost less and are doing better than Bony?
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:18]

Is that a serious question?

It's only fair to add that there are plenty who cost more and are doing a lot worse.
Bony on 14:52 - Oct 20 with 1568 viewsblaine_scfc

Bony on 21:19 - Oct 19 by GrandPrix

I agree about Bony...but I think Michu was everywhere today, played and linked well, another 100% performance

He has a very difficult job. Against southampton we were pinging balls up to him, no support at all and expecting him to hold it up when he had 2/3 defenders pressuring him. Feel a bit sorry for him, but when he gets chances, he puts them away
Bony on 14:55 - Oct 20 with 1552 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony on 14:16 - Oct 20 by monmouth

Personally, I'm far more exercised (not particularly concerned yet) about how we get the best out of Michu than I am about Wilfried Bony. We needed a striker to do what Bony is there to do; he is patently capable of doing it given the chance; we score when he is on the field; no problem.

Michu on the other hand looks like a world class solution looking for the right problem
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 14:16]

Michu is better and more effective for us when he plays up front. It's as simple as that for me.

Bony on 14:58 - Oct 20 with 1538 viewswr72

Bony on 14:55 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

Michu is better and more effective for us when he plays up front. It's as simple as that for me.

And the complete opposite to what the press,all the experts and Michu himself says.

I happen to agree with you though.
Bony on 15:00 - Oct 20 with 1532 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony on 14:58 - Oct 20 by wr72

And the complete opposite to what the press,all the experts and Michu himself says.

As long as I've got you on board mate, the press, experts and Michu himself can go f*ck themselves.

Bony on 15:01 - Oct 20 with 1522 viewsJackfath

I wish Michu would stop kicking the advertising hoardings.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Bony on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 1484 viewsJackbustard

Bony on 15:00 - Oct 20 by exiledclaseboy

As long as I've got you on board mate, the press, experts and Michu himself can go f*ck themselves.

ha ha
Bony on 15:03 - Oct 20 with 1483 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony on 15:01 - Oct 20 by Jackfath

I wish Michu would stop kicking the advertising hoardings.

Tosser. You should be banned etc.

Bony on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 1461 viewswr72

Bony on 14:58 - Oct 20 by wr72

You've always been my fave on here mate
Bony on 15:07 - Oct 20 with 1458 viewsUxbridge

Michu needs to stop dicking about around the halfway line. He was deeper than Leon at times. Trying to do far too much. If he just played as part of the team he'd be better served. He's simply not doing his primary job of linking with Bony because he wasn't within 10 yards of him most of the time.

As for Bony, did alright. Very good at bringing other people into it, when they were actually within 20 yards of him.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony on 15:10 - Oct 20 with 1444 viewswr72

Bony on 15:07 - Oct 20 by Uxbridge

Michu needs to stop dicking about around the halfway line. He was deeper than Leon at times. Trying to do far too much. If he just played as part of the team he'd be better served. He's simply not doing his primary job of linking with Bony because he wasn't within 10 yards of him most of the time.

As for Bony, did alright. Very good at bringing other people into it, when they were actually within 20 yards of him.

So are you saying Michu should play up top like me and clasey have
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024