Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 12:55 - Aug 30 with 14708 viewsBenJ94

Kick off tonight at 7:45. Post any match updates here. Will any senior players play and are we actually taking any fans to this?
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 12:57 - Aug 30 with 4682 viewsairedale

Should be some support I would have thought.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:08 - Aug 30 with 4628 viewsLoyal

Is this the spray paint thing ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:24 - Aug 30 with 4571 viewsGiff

Checkatrade trophy
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:26 - Aug 30 with 4563 viewsmonmouth

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:24 - Aug 30 by Giff

Checkatrade trophy

Jesus. What in the name of all that's holy is 'checkatrade'. Kill it now.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:35 - Aug 30 with 4537 viewsPrivate_Partz

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:26 - Aug 30 by monmouth

Jesus. What in the name of all that's holy is 'checkatrade'. Kill it now.

Killing is too good for it .Slow torture is needed first. Nothing wrong with the old paint Trophy. Lots f interest for the lower leagues culminating with a Wembley trip. I used to enjoy them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:50 - Aug 30 with 4482 viewsjasper_T

The new sponsor is no worse than the old one and everyone will get used to it soon enough.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:52 - Aug 30 with 4467 viewsHighjack

There wasn't a sponsor when we won it the second time

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:57 - Aug 30 with 4441 viewsPrivate_Partz

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 13:50 - Aug 30 by jasper_T

The new sponsor is no worse than the old one and everyone will get used to it soon enough.

imho they can call it what they like. i object to diluting the competition for the lower leagues by chucking PL reserves in. Great for us as we can give our players more game time.. i always feel protective to our league structure which is the greatest in the world. we were there not so long ago. we could be back there sooner than we thought as well....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:03 - Aug 30 with 4419 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I agree with you PP.

Wimbledon voted against it and I understand many of their fans will not be attending.

Back in the day I don't think many of us would have appreciated West Ham under 23s knocking us out of a competition for the lower divisions and possibly depriving us of a Wembley final. What was once a great day out for a couple of lower league clubs could be contested by West Brom u23 and Stoke u23.Whatb a load of shite.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:29 - Aug 30 with 4346 viewsandypitt56

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:03 - Aug 30 by Joe_bradshaw

I agree with you PP.

Wimbledon voted against it and I understand many of their fans will not be attending.

Back in the day I don't think many of us would have appreciated West Ham under 23s knocking us out of a competition for the lower divisions and possibly depriving us of a Wembley final. What was once a great day out for a couple of lower league clubs could be contested by West Brom u23 and Stoke u23.Whatb a load of shite.

i would be very suprised if many u23 teams make it past the group stages.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:06 - Aug 30 with 4254 viewsjasper_T

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 14:29 - Aug 30 by andypitt56

i would be very suprised if many u23 teams make it past the group stages.

The hand-wringers don't seem to understand that Premier League academies aren't full on wonderkids. Most of the u23s players on show will be aspiring to careers at League One and Two clubs in the future (especially since the games are played during international breaks).

If the senior sides take the competition seriously they should give us a battering.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:16 - Aug 30 with 4219 viewsepaul

I'll be there along with the SEALS

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:51 - Aug 30 with 4158 viewsDafyddHuw

9 points from 3 games. very impressive.
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 16:09 - Aug 30 with 4111 viewsmacthejack

I'll be there tonight, any league 1 team worth their salt should be putting an academy side away with little trouble.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 16:09]
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 16:38 - Aug 30 with 4031 viewstrampie

Swans u23's doing well so far this season, it will be interesting to see how this competition pans out, looking at the match odds the u23 teams are big odds against tonight, Swans are odds against but not by as much as other u23 teams, yet Chelsea are one of the favourites to win the comp [don't think they are playing tonight] all be it everybody is a very big price.

If the two big Manchester and the two big North London clubs plus Liverpool had entered, I wonder if they would or would not have been fancied ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 18:48 - Aug 30 with 3796 viewsdailew

Tubbynou plays.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 18:55 - Aug 30 with 3761 viewsjasper_T

No Rodon, Reid at CB?
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 18:57 - Aug 30 with 3744 viewsBrynmill_Jack

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 18:48 - Aug 30 by dailew

Tubbynou plays.

Let's hope he puts in a cracking shift. Could do with anyone finding form now

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:16 - Aug 30 with 3666 viewsPrivate_Partz

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 18:57 - Aug 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Let's hope he puts in a cracking shift. Could do with anyone finding form now

Indeed. It gives the opportunity for players out of the main squad to stake a claim and get the attention of management. I just find it a pity this opportunity for our players means the watering down of a competition for the lower leagues.

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:20 - Aug 30 with 3635 viewsPrivate_Partz

Will there be any radio coverage for this? I seem to recall Swansea Sound doing commentary when it was the Johnsons Paint Trophy. It's a bit is conundrum as it is a recognised competition but the U23s are playing.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2016 19:21]

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:24 - Aug 30 with 3611 viewsmonmouth

Shouldn't Baston be playing if he's fit?

And Tremmel? Under 23s? LMAO. He should count as two players. Why did we buy that Ozzer?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:41 - Aug 30 with 3506 viewsBenJ94

No Dan James?
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:44 - Aug 30 with 3474 viewsdailew

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:06 - Aug 30 by jasper_T

The hand-wringers don't seem to understand that Premier League academies aren't full on wonderkids. Most of the u23s players on show will be aspiring to careers at League One and Two clubs in the future (especially since the games are played during international breaks).

If the senior sides take the competition seriously they should give us a battering.

Peterborough 0-2 Norwich City U23 after 11 minutes.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:45 - Aug 30 with 3471 viewsAngelRangelQS

Are we even playing our better u23's?
AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 19:45 - Aug 30 with 3470 viewscsf

AFC Wimbledon vs Swansea City U-23 on 15:06 - Aug 30 by jasper_T

The Northampton squad tonight against Wycombe has got Gorre, and Raheem Hanley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024