Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Liverpool 07:04 - Feb 16 with 4050 viewsGowerjack

Going up this weekend for a break and to see our eldest who has moved there.

A great city

Art Music Cuture
Friendly people
Great pubs

Looking forward to it!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Liverpool on 08:01 - Feb 16 with 2790 viewsMongos_Candygram

Shellsuits
Curly perms
Shite moustaches
Calling everyone La
Self importance

Spanish balloons? Mongo take chance

Liverpool on 08:12 - Feb 16 with 2777 viewsLord_Bony

Liverpool on 08:01 - Feb 16 by Mongos_Candygram

Shellsuits
Curly perms
Shite moustaches
Calling everyone La
Self importance

Great pubs

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Liverpool on 08:15 - Feb 16 with 2774 viewsProfessor

Have a great time. Plenty to see and do, friendly and does not break the bank.

If you have not been the University Museum ( http://vgm.liverpool.ac.uk) is worth a visit and has a decent cafe. About 15 mins from Lime Street or Central up the hill and almost opposite to the back of the Catholic Cathedral. Plenty of good places to eat around Hope Street/Georgian Quarter too as well as the Philharmonic Pub of course
Liverpool on 08:39 - Feb 16 with 2738 viewsowainglyndwr

Pay Perch to drive you around on a guided tour
Liverpool on 08:56 - Feb 16 with 2718 viewsPegojack

30 page thread coming up.
Liverpool on 09:03 - Feb 16 with 2710 viewsperchrockjack

OK I shouldn't but...
Is he staying up after he graduates.

Its a contemporary city regenerated to former magnificence but still with massive significant drugs/gun/murder issues. Too many sleeping in doorways .

Its history ,is renowned for a reason and its why its one of the cities most visited after London/. Its on the world list of must see cities also because there is much to see and experience which is why its hard t get bored there.

Its people are often either nuts or very educated academics,sometimes . History in science and the arts evidences this .Professor will provenance this.

In short ,either the very worst knobheads one could imagine or simply the most open, friendly , warm and welcoming you ll find.

Not sure if you can get a perm these days or if any scousers under 40 remember them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Liverpool on 09:17 - Feb 16 with 2691 viewsLoyal

Liverpool on 08:39 - Feb 16 by owainglyndwr

Pay Perch to drive you around on a guided tour

Surely if he did bullet proof jackets would be required ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Liverpool on 13:07 - Feb 16 with 2576 viewsbuilthjack

Do the magical mystery tour, a great few hours.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Liverpool on 13:10 - Feb 16 with 2571 viewsdickythorpe

Liverpool on 08:56 - Feb 16 by Pegojack

30 page thread coming up.

Only 30!!!!!!
Liverpool on 13:24 - Feb 16 with 2544 viewstrampie

When I think of Liverpool I think of slums, do they still have slums in Liverpool ?, I don't know if the slums football song was originally about Liverpool but it certainly was sung at Liverpool fans more than most by a host of fans supporting many other different teams.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Liverpool on 13:27 - Feb 16 with 2535 viewsDarran

Why is the OP telling us this it's just a look at me thread and I really don't care where the Gower jack is going.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Liverpool on 13:49 - Feb 16 with 2517 viewsProfessor

Liverpool on 13:24 - Feb 16 by trampie

When I think of Liverpool I think of slums, do they still have slums in Liverpool ?, I don't know if the slums football song was originally about Liverpool but it certainly was sung at Liverpool fans more than most by a host of fans supporting many other different teams.

If you mean run-down working class areas with poor quality social housing and high levels of crime and anti-social behaviour like in South Wales or many former industrial areas then yes. In terms of the 'classical' slum tenements then they have gone (expect one which is pretty nice these days and the recreation of one in the museum).

I think the slums association with Liverpool comes as it was perhaps the major city hit worst by the actions of the 1979 Tory government and the aftermath of the Wilson/Callaghan 74-79 government.
Liverpool on 14:14 - Feb 16 with 2480 viewstrampie

Liverpool on 13:49 - Feb 16 by Professor

If you mean run-down working class areas with poor quality social housing and high levels of crime and anti-social behaviour like in South Wales or many former industrial areas then yes. In terms of the 'classical' slum tenements then they have gone (expect one which is pretty nice these days and the recreation of one in the museum).

I think the slums association with Liverpool comes as it was perhaps the major city hit worst by the actions of the 1979 Tory government and the aftermath of the Wilson/Callaghan 74-79 government.

South Wales was not known in the same way as Liverpool or London for slums, lots of old terraced houses and small stone cottages in South Wales, poverty in many parts like anywhere else but not slums to the same extent of mass overcrowding of poor people in tenements, slums are associated with inner city ghettos a profile that does not fit South Wales, slums were full of poor people with little or no fresh water, South Wales did not suffer that type of squalor to that type of extent.
Liverpool and London amongst other cities must have been hell holes, terrible places to live.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Liverpool on 15:06 - Feb 16 with 2428 viewsProfessor

Liverpool on 14:14 - Feb 16 by trampie

South Wales was not known in the same way as Liverpool or London for slums, lots of old terraced houses and small stone cottages in South Wales, poverty in many parts like anywhere else but not slums to the same extent of mass overcrowding of poor people in tenements, slums are associated with inner city ghettos a profile that does not fit South Wales, slums were full of poor people with little or no fresh water, South Wales did not suffer that type of squalor to that type of extent.
Liverpool and London amongst other cities must have been hell holes, terrible places to live.

Undoubtedly-which is of course why they were replaced by tower blocks. The recreation in the Museum of Liverpool gives some indication of this. It is well worth a visit if you are in the area. Arguably outside of London and `Edinburgh Liverpool Is well blessed with excellent museums
Liverpool on 15:58 - Feb 16 with 2386 viewstrampie

Liverpool on 15:06 - Feb 16 by Professor

Undoubtedly-which is of course why they were replaced by tower blocks. The recreation in the Museum of Liverpool gives some indication of this. It is well worth a visit if you are in the area. Arguably outside of London and `Edinburgh Liverpool Is well blessed with excellent museums

Liverpool museum you say....cant say i have heard of it, I am not big into museums and galleries but i've been to the Louvre in Paris, Uffizi in Florence, Metropolitan In New York and St Fagans in Wales, cant say I fancy a Liverpool museum much England is not exactly known for its culture so I think I will give it a miss.
I wonder if they have a nice display of hubcaps on a wall and of paintings of men with moustaches and curly perms ? would make a change from your normal museum and gallery fare I suppose.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 17:05]

Liverpool on 16:26 - Feb 16 with 2362 viewspikeypaul

one of these may come in handy.

Stay safe.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 16:27]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Liverpool on 17:57 - Feb 16 with 2308 viewsProfessor

Liverpool on 15:58 - Feb 16 by trampie

Liverpool museum you say....cant say i have heard of it, I am not big into museums and galleries but i've been to the Louvre in Paris, Uffizi in Florence, Metropolitan In New York and St Fagans in Wales, cant say I fancy a Liverpool museum much England is not exactly known for its culture so I think I will give it a miss.
I wonder if they have a nice display of hubcaps on a wall and of paintings of men with moustaches and curly perms ? would make a change from your normal museum and gallery fare I suppose.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 17:05]

Not going for a tit-for-tat but Liverpool has (all for free):

The World Museum (general stuff)
The Customs Museum (as in customs and excise)
Maritime Museum
International Slavery Museum
The Museum of Liverpool
The Walker Gallery
Tate Liverpool
Bluecoats Gallery
Victoria Museum and Gallery (housing the University collection).

This does not include the commercial Beatles Museum or several NT properties

You may find the Museum of Liverpool interesting as like the Museum of Welsh Life it focuses good and bad of what makes Liverpool and Merseyside what it was and what it is today. No perms and hubcaps but ordinary and extraordinary things about the areas ranging from a La's drum skin (as featured in the 'There she goes' video) to Chris Boardman's yellow jersey. Not paintings-though plenty of good ones in the Walker. The is even a display on the Welsh contribution to Merseyside and even a mention of the 'Black Chair of Birkenhead'.

It is an interesting city, not without (sometimes substantial) flaws and issues but give me that over a southern non-entity any day.
Liverpool on 18:16 - Feb 16 with 2292 viewstrampie

Liverpool on 17:57 - Feb 16 by Professor

Not going for a tit-for-tat but Liverpool has (all for free):

The World Museum (general stuff)
The Customs Museum (as in customs and excise)
Maritime Museum
International Slavery Museum
The Museum of Liverpool
The Walker Gallery
Tate Liverpool
Bluecoats Gallery
Victoria Museum and Gallery (housing the University collection).

This does not include the commercial Beatles Museum or several NT properties

You may find the Museum of Liverpool interesting as like the Museum of Welsh Life it focuses good and bad of what makes Liverpool and Merseyside what it was and what it is today. No perms and hubcaps but ordinary and extraordinary things about the areas ranging from a La's drum skin (as featured in the 'There she goes' video) to Chris Boardman's yellow jersey. Not paintings-though plenty of good ones in the Walker. The is even a display on the Welsh contribution to Merseyside and even a mention of the 'Black Chair of Birkenhead'.

It is an interesting city, not without (sometimes substantial) flaws and issues but give me that over a southern non-entity any day.

I will be surprised if museums continue to be free the way things are going, I heard that the Celtic nations started doing free admission for national museums and I think England at the time was still charging, I wonder if they started complaining in places like Liverpool about their lot.

Liverpool on 18:29 - Feb 16 with 2271 viewsblueytheblue

Is there a single topic you can't turn into a nationalist rant, trampie?

Hell, I'll challenge you.

I double dog dare you, turn the topic of quadratic equations into a (g)nat rant.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Liverpool on 18:30 - Feb 16 with 2265 viewsProfessor

Liverpool on 18:16 - Feb 16 by trampie

I will be surprised if museums continue to be free the way things are going, I heard that the Celtic nations started doing free admission for national museums and I think England at the time was still charging, I wonder if they started complaining in places like Liverpool about their lot.

It would be a great shame if, as in the US, museums resume charging again. Certainly I can remember charges in Edinburgh for the National Museums there in 1999 as well as the charges brought in to the London museums in the 90s. But when health and social care is on the point of collapse then libraries and museums are the obvious target for cuts. Of course a 1% rise in tax would help, but is political suicide. I am really not sure if an extra 30 quid a month in tax would make much real difference to me if it goes at source.
Liverpool on 18:36 - Feb 16 with 2253 viewstrampie

Only pointing out other museums are free also blueytheblue, that's all.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2017 18:40]

Liverpool on 18:38 - Feb 16 with 2244 viewstrampie

Liverpool on 18:30 - Feb 16 by Professor

It would be a great shame if, as in the US, museums resume charging again. Certainly I can remember charges in Edinburgh for the National Museums there in 1999 as well as the charges brought in to the London museums in the 90s. But when health and social care is on the point of collapse then libraries and museums are the obvious target for cuts. Of course a 1% rise in tax would help, but is political suicide. I am really not sure if an extra 30 quid a month in tax would make much real difference to me if it goes at source.

Liverpool on 19:10 - Feb 16 with 2206 viewsperchrockjack

Not heard tramp!

You need to get out of that village more.

Frankly, why the Prof has wasted five minutes of his busy life to try to post information for your benefit I really don't know.

Slums?.. Well much of industrial England had them but most now long gone apart from the minds of the perma thick ,like you.

Most industrial cities had poor housing and were replaced by either multi storey flats or sink estates as they become.

Swansea had poor housing ,very poor.

London has the worst housing I've seen followed by the South Wales valleys some of whom look abandoned grey grim villages without hope.

With the death of mining ,most are now dependent on Cardiff for their survival as regards jobs.

I've much crap housing in the capital of Wales

Get out more

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Liverpool on 19:10 - Feb 16 with 2203 viewsGowerjack

Liverpool on 09:03 - Feb 16 by perchrockjack

OK I shouldn't but...
Is he staying up after he graduates.

Its a contemporary city regenerated to former magnificence but still with massive significant drugs/gun/murder issues. Too many sleeping in doorways .

Its history ,is renowned for a reason and its why its one of the cities most visited after London/. Its on the world list of must see cities also because there is much to see and experience which is why its hard t get bored there.

Its people are often either nuts or very educated academics,sometimes . History in science and the arts evidences this .Professor will provenance this.

In short ,either the very worst knobheads one could imagine or simply the most open, friendly , warm and welcoming you ll find.

Not sure if you can get a perm these days or if any scousers under 40 remember them

He graduated in the Spring with a 1st.

Has a job working forvthe Civil Service.

Plastic since 1974

Liverpool on 19:11 - Feb 16 with 2199 viewsGowerjack

Liverpool on 13:27 - Feb 16 by Darran

Why is the OP telling us this it's just a look at me thread and I really don't care where the Gower jack is going.

Fair play that did make me laugh.

Well done Darran.

Plastic since 1974

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024