Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony 20:37 - Oct 19 with 39018 viewsJackbustard

One of his best games in Premier League today for me. Held the ball up well and brought players into play with his strength on the ball. Granted didn't get many chances as he was surrounded by 3 or 4 defenders most of them game but put I a good shift for me,

No doubt some will say he's shit because he doesn't run around like a headless chicken.
Bony on 20:47 - Oct 19 with 12602 viewsjelly

Christ. Nice you got his apologies in before the slaughter. We would have been better off putting in ned the blind donkey up front.
Bony on 20:52 - Oct 19 with 12559 viewsPureRockFury

I like Wilf. The goals haven't been forthcoming in the league too much, but I like the way he plays, he's got a good touch and as you say he can hold the ball up well and brings others into play. We really need to engineer plays that result in him having a shot on goal as we're wasting that rocket shot he has. I don't think we created more than one chance for him today; it's a waste.

He suffered a bit today as Michu, his most likely partner in crime, was MIA for large parts, and Routs also had a poor game, leaving him with little to work off in the final third.

Even the bad times were good.

Bony on 20:56 - Oct 19 with 12520 viewsAl_Bundy

He was shite..

First touch was awful... no work rate whatsoever or options for our midfield.

Never closed down O'Shea or Westwood either. We looked far better with Vasquez on giving us a bit of pace and a better aerial and hold up play.

Also though Routledge was poor again. Leon , Dyer , Rangel and Taylor when he came on all played well.

Yet to be convinced this £12M investment was a good one... time will tell
Bony on 21:01 - Oct 19 with 12497 viewsjelly

None of these references are suitable so all removed

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bony on 21:04 - Oct 19 with 12456 viewsymaohyd

Shows how opinions can be so different. For £12 mill I thought he was pretty woeful to be honest. I mentioned the irony that exists in football in another thread and here is another example.

Huw Jenkins spoke a few weeks back of his discomfort at such an outlay for a player. For me the irony is that so far HJ and the board must feel like saying 'that is the reason why we need to stick to our principles in the transfer market'!

Something isn't right for me. The blame either lies with ML for not developing the player into our style, not changing our style to suit the player or simply he isn't our type of player, which will really piss HJ and the board off.

Not that he's been a disaster, he has a decent goal tally and is settling into a new league with a new club. In my opinion though...not money well spent.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Bony on 21:05 - Oct 19 with 12445 viewsJokeren1943

Today Bony was most of the time covered by 2 or 3 players (normally both central defenders).

When we use Bony as striker it is extremly important that our wingers and backs are very aggressive going head to head with the other team<s (L/R-backs), attacking on the outside. Forcing the central defenders to losen their cover on Bony.

And I still have to say, Michu is defending to deep at times. He should be abit more aggressive - being ready for a counterattack.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2013 21:07]
Bony on 21:05 - Oct 19 with 12444 viewsgrabsplatter

Bony on 21:01 - Oct 19 by jelly

What did you think of Jason Scotland ?
Bony on 21:06 - Oct 19 with 12425 viewsItchySphincter

Bony on 21:01 - Oct 19 by jelly

Colours clearly nailed to mast then.

Chump.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Login to get fewer ads

Bony on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 12414 viewswr72

I thought he was disappointing to be honest.And the penalty papered over the cracks of a disappointing game.Luke Moore linked up better than Bony did with Michu and we paid 12 million less for him and let him go.

Wilf needs to get with the Swansea way and know his role.

That'll sound harsh to some but i think it's pretty fair.
Bony on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 12410 viewsSS2013

Bony on 21:04 - Oct 19 by ymaohyd

Shows how opinions can be so different. For £12 mill I thought he was pretty woeful to be honest. I mentioned the irony that exists in football in another thread and here is another example.

Huw Jenkins spoke a few weeks back of his discomfort at such an outlay for a player. For me the irony is that so far HJ and the board must feel like saying 'that is the reason why we need to stick to our principles in the transfer market'!

Something isn't right for me. The blame either lies with ML for not developing the player into our style, not changing our style to suit the player or simply he isn't our type of player, which will really piss HJ and the board off.

Not that he's been a disaster, he has a decent goal tally and is settling into a new league with a new club. In my opinion though...not money well spent.

Guys seriously! We're not even 10 games in, he's got a thankless task of back to goal and linking, smashed his pen, give him time.

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Bony on 21:07 - Oct 19 with 12402 viewsGrandPrix

Another 'attack a player thread' our 12 million player signing has scored mind!

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Bony on 21:08 - Oct 19 with 12388 viewswr72

Bony on 20:52 - Oct 19 by PureRockFury

I like Wilf. The goals haven't been forthcoming in the league too much, but I like the way he plays, he's got a good touch and as you say he can hold the ball up well and brings others into play. We really need to engineer plays that result in him having a shot on goal as we're wasting that rocket shot he has. I don't think we created more than one chance for him today; it's a waste.

He suffered a bit today as Michu, his most likely partner in crime, was MIA for large parts, and Routs also had a poor game, leaving him with little to work off in the final third.

I think where he's missing out is quality crosses into the box.
Bony on 21:09 - Oct 19 with 12381 viewscrackerjack

For such a lump of a bloke Bony doesn't half get pushed over easy! His first touch was woeful for most of the game & he's so static! Not sure he's worth the £12m we played for him.... hope he proves me wrong.

I really like the look of Vasquez though & have a feeling he'll prove to be the better buy in the long run.

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

Bony on 21:09 - Oct 19 with 12366 viewsDull1Thomas

Loved Jase and hoped Bony would be a Prem version but I'm less convinced each game.
Thought he was slow and technically not so good for most of today.
But I'll give him one thing - he works hard for the team.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Bony on 21:11 - Oct 19 with 12344 viewswr72

He's splitting the fans right down its epicentre already.
Bony on 21:11 - Oct 19 with 12338 viewsHalon

He was hideous. I have been a big fan of him but his last performances has been absolutely shite. 12 mill. or not he needs 2 show some fighting spirit else he deserves a bench spot.
Bony on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 12304 views_

Ah come on..this post needs all the abuse any deviant from Janet to Planet to here can give,

This prick shouldn't be allowed to type, should be strung up by his shrivelled bollocks and marinated in Oldjacks piss.

Stop this idiot.....QUICK.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Bony on 21:15 - Oct 19 with 12288 viewsPhil_S

Imagine he were like Adrian Forbes and running around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes then he'd be brilliant.

He does exactly what he is asked to and today he did that in the main very well and he scored to boot

Michu on the other hand was just not at the races today
Bony on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 12263 views_

Bony on 21:15 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

Imagine he were like Adrian Forbes and running around like a headless chicken chasing lost causes then he'd be brilliant.

He does exactly what he is asked to and today he did that in the main very well and he scored to boot

Bang on the money....

We have a winner.....

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Bony on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 12265 viewsPhaedrus

Bony on 21:11 - Oct 19 by wr72

He's splitting the fans right down its epicentre already.

I've never seen such a short piece of writing contravene so many grammatical rules before.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Bony on 21:16 - Oct 19 with 12248 viewsmawdlamjack

JB Has it right, bony had a good game, worked the chanels well and made space and brought others into the game. he also found space in the penalty area but no one got the ball to him,that will change when hernandez is back. imo until the last ten minutes michu dropped back far to deep to be an effective link/foil for bony. routs was absolute pants first half but improved 2nd half.finally we actually had someone run into the box with the ball instead of passing it around outside and after 50 games we actually got a penalty,which bony took in good style.

on the northbank since 64 now languishing in the east stand

Bony on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 12250 viewsGowerjack

Holds the ball up well

Needs to create more space in the box however,we are to narrow needs to drag defenders away to create space for others.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Bony on 21:17 - Oct 19 with 12241 viewsgrabsplatter

Can't agree sorry. I'm with those who thought he held it up & linked play well. Hopeless service to him in the first half.

Vasquez worked hard & ran around a lot but didn't do anything threatening or creative
Bony on 21:19 - Oct 19 with 12226 viewslovejuicejack

Still early but so far he has disappointed ... need a loan striker in in January.

Some one said he had a good touch ... its terrible
Bony on 21:19 - Oct 19 with 12213 viewsGrandPrix

Bony on 21:15 - Oct 19 by Phil_S

I agree about Bony...but I think Michu was everywhere today, played and linked well, another 100% performance

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024