Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat roofed pubs.. 13:43 - Apr 29 with 125194 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned by Konk in the Morhinio thread. Flat roofed pubs are normally shiteholes which are suited to and are normally frequented by a good few Scum supporters. Here's my offering as one of the roughest ,worst boozers I've ever been in .
The Beaver in Beaver's Estate Hounslow .Now that was a REAL shithole!!
Looks like its closed down.Thank F@ck...

Add your own wonderful flat roofed watering holes...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 23:04 - Sep 8 with 4446 viewsdistortR

ah, we have 'danny's fine burgers' in our little town. all lit up, most of the time the unkempt, overweight Danny is by the entrance having a fag in his grease spattered apron.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 00:53 - Sep 9 with 4357 viewsBoston

Wot, no fag ash in the donor!!!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:47 - Sep 9 with 4248 viewsMick_S

And really bad shops:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:09 - Sep 9 with 4229 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Quality.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:11 - Sep 9 with 4218 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Flat roofed pubs.. on 10:18 - Sep 9 with 4204 viewsMick_S

Mmmmmmmm. By Uxbridge Cricket Club.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 13:36 - Jan 11 with 3638 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:07 - Jan 11 with 3532 viewsMrSheen

I kept waiting for him to go in and actually have a pint somewhere. It might just be me, but I find the inside of a pub much more interesting than the external architecture. Is he barred from all of them?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:53 - Jan 11 with 3439 viewsPlanetHonneywood

On the road in to Liverpool from Runcorn, you pass a scrap dealership. If you catch it right, you can snigger like a schoolboy at the effect of the protruding wall.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:47 - Jan 11 with 3383 viewsSimplyNico

This is quite simply my favourite thread on the whole site (close second is Konk's Postman Pat thread) and is the the reason that I took to reading the site. It is superb.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:20 - Jan 11 with 3331 viewsMick_S

Yep.

Message to R-from-afar. Can you post that video from that nutty northern boozer?

Found it!

[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 8:11]

Flat roofed pubs.. on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 2591 viewsRanger_Things

Stumbled across this great 1980’s flat roofed pub photo, complete with Alsatian and blokes with bleached jeans.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnw8hv-osVN/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
[Post edited 23 Jan 2023 17:29]

Flat roofed pubs.. on 18:04 - Jan 23 with 2481 viewsMick_S

There used to be an Alsatian doing the same thing on the roof of some pub in Acton that could be viewed from the Central Line train. I also found an absolute stinker in West Drayton a couple of days back - The Cat and Fiddle. The sign on the door said “ members only.”

Scary.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 18:24 - Jan 23 with 2459 viewsdistortR

I used to sometimes go to gigs at the george robey. The owner would stand on the flat roof bit with a pair of binoculars, checking punters weren't going to the nearby offy and secreting cans about their body. I know this, because I did and the bouncers were waiting for me. They were ok, except a short-arsed one, who came up to me later and showed his displeasure by holding out his arm and crushing a paper cup, which was supposed to intimidate me but made me laugh uproariously. The other bouncers agreed that he was a dick and lead him away!

Flat roofed pubs.. on 19:05 - Jan 23 with 2413 viewsPunteR

PommyHoop hasnt posted for a while., I hope he hasn't kicked THE bucket..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 08:09 - Jan 24 with 2189 viewsTheChef

This definitely looks like one of those mad pubs in Doncaster.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 09:14 - Jan 24 with 2157 viewsSK_hoops

I used to work near there. No one from work ever wanted to go there with me. Probably for the best.

If you've had enough beers you can usually walk into those members only places with confidence, otherwise you can forget it most of the time.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:18 - Jan 25 with 1912 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m in the Whitechapel area tonight and was just looking up pubs and came accross this absolute beauty on Cambridge Heath Road! 😍

Normally the statement of “no real ale” would have me running a mile but in this case, too f*cking right!

Sorry not sure if it’s featured already.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 17:29 - Jan 25 with 1736 viewsPeterHucker

I used to work near there. Pretty much everyone that worked there was awful. I don't think they'd ever met anyone who wasn't from Widnes or Runcorn so they really didn't know what to make of an exotic southerner like me.

I once made a comment to my colleagues about how apart from the bridge, Runcorn's most noteworthy feature is the bloody massive pile of scrap metal and assorted other rubbish.
They liked me even less after that.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 17:36 - Jan 25 with 1715 viewsdmm

That's outstanding. Take me there now.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 17:44 - Jan 25 with 1683 viewsMick_S

Hup two three and he marches past. I think that’s what I heard. What a place/hellhole.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 19:13 - Jan 25 with 1583 viewsNewBee

Runcorn was much better before the bridge...

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:11 - Jan 25 with 1506 views89_50

I used to live near there a fair while ago. Popped in maybe a handful of times. The first time was midweek in the middle of winter. I went in and the barmaid and two blokes at the bar stopped their conversation and just looked at me. I ordered a Guinness, much to the annoyance of the barmaid. After being served, I sat the other end of the room and it took a couple of minutes before they continued talking to each other.

Barring that, it was quite good little spot.

Flat roofed pubs.. on 20:45 - Jan 25 with 1460 viewsSuperhoop83

I can hear screams coming from inside that pub.

Suffering since 1978.

Flat roofed pubs.. (n/t) on 20:56 - Jan 25 with 1432 viewsMick_S

[Post edited 25 Jan 2023 20:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024