Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dad. 17:43 - Jan 7 with 8611 viewsDiscodroids

East Ham Dave. My old man. The original High Number Ace Face.

'zoot suit jacket with side vents, five inches long'.....

20-04-1945 - 30-12-2019.

RIP You old rascal.

[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 17:52]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dad. on 19:38 - Jan 7 with 1861 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Really sorry to hear that mate.

Dad. on 19:46 - Jan 7 with 1835 viewsDorse

Sad news, Disco. My thoughts are with you and the family.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dad. on 19:49 - Jan 7 with 1820 viewsdistortR

sorry to hear this Disco.

your old man sounds like he was a proper rascal, he'll live on in memory for sure.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 23:13]

Dad. on 20:25 - Jan 7 with 1787 viewsDWQPR

Condolences Disco and RIP EHD. Lost my Dad 2nd Jan six years ago. Was with him until the end two and that is always a great comfort. Miss him greatly but can still hear his voice. He was solely responsible for introducing me to QPR. His first game was in September 1939 and some moustachioed twàt put a short stop to that. He was born and bred in Notting Dale. Sounds like you have memories to last your own lifetime. They will see you through alright.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Dad. on 20:28 - Jan 7 with 1783 viewseasthertsr

Disco I know you and me disagree about everything apart from the Cure and Middlesex cricket but my thoughts are with you and your family. Huge condolences from me to you.

Dad. on 20:31 - Jan 7 with 1771 viewsDiscodroids

Cheers Lads..

[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 20:33]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Dad. on 20:48 - Jan 7 with 1719 viewsdannyblue

Sorry to hear of your loss and my sincere condolences.. My dad's still with me, but my mum died 8 years ago and it changed my life. I've enjoyed reading your memories of your old man.

Dad. on 20:51 - Jan 7 with 1703 viewsjohncharles

Cut off in his prime Glenn. World famous in East Ham. Give him a good send off.

Strong and stable my arse.

Dad. on 21:24 - Jan 7 with 1662 viewsnix

Sorry for your loss Disco. Condolences to you and your family. Sounds like the world will be a quieter place. RIP Dave.

Dad. on 21:57 - Jan 7 with 1613 viewsMiss_Terraces

Sorry for you losing a great man. Now he's gone, you're going to have to regale us with more stories. To keep the legend alive, I look forward to them

RIP East Ham Dave

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Dad. on 22:08 - Jan 7 with 1593 viewsKonk

Sorry to hear this news, Disco. I'm sure you'll give him a fitting send-off and it's great that you have so many funny/mental stories that he obviously enjoyed sharing with you. You'll no doubt hear a few more over the coming days and weeks. I hope all those memories and laughs are some consolation, mate. Take care.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dad. on 22:16 - Jan 7 with 1578 viewsLblock

My absolute sincere condolences to you and the wider family

There’s not many of us who have such memorable life experiences (good and bad) and who leave their mark on the world.... your old fella certainly managed it.
Keep your chin up and eyes ahead

RIP

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dad. on 22:51 - Jan 7 with 1537 viewsstevec

Sorry to hear the sad news Disco.

Lost my dad nearly 30 years ago and was very close to him, but hanging on to the memories pulls you through. Still have a laugh in my head now about the stupid things he’d say and do.

Dad. on 23:16 - Jan 7 with 1510 viewsCiderwithRsie

Still have a laugh in my head now about the stupid things he’d say and do.

Reading all these posts about people's dads reminds me that I am now the dad who says and does stupid things and I only hope my kids feel the same about me when I'm gone.

Dad. on 23:45 - Jan 7 with 1477 viewstimcocking

Absolutely gutted for you my friend. Dreading the day.

Dad. on 00:18 - Jan 8 with 1470 viewswestberksr

Glenn, sincere condolences to you and your family.

You have regaled us with many of EHD's tales and his spirit lives on in you. They say you can't breed a tame one out of a wild one, and you sir, are the living proof in all its glory.

Hopefully I'll get to return the fabulous manhug you gave me, at a match in the not too distant future. Remember the good stuff

RIP East Ham Dave

Dad. on 07:22 - Jan 8 with 1393 viewsPhildo

Very sorry to read this.

It sounds like your Dad had a life very well lived- RIP

Dad. on 07:48 - Jan 8 with 1372 viewsPommyhoop

God Bless you Glen. I know what it's like to lose your Old man. Especially when he was a well-loved character of a man such as my Dad and East Ham Dave.
All the best mate. Next time I am over we will definitely have to have a beer in honour of our kin.
God bless mate xxx

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Dad. on 08:09 - Jan 8 with 1349 viewsMetallica_Hoop

My condolences Disco.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Dad. on 08:40 - Jan 8 with 1326 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Sincerely sorry to hear this mate, my genuine condolences. Rest assured though Glenn he's no doubt popping a few blues with Keith and John as we speak. RIP EHD.

Dad. on 09:04 - Jan 8 with 1306 viewsCFW

Very sorry for your loss Glenn - you obviously have very many memories of good times and experiences shared with your Dad. These will stay with you for life.
RIP East Ham Dave

Dad. on 09:04 - Jan 8 with 1306 viewsqprxtc

Here’s a pint to you and you dad, Disco.

Slainte.

RIP.

Dad. on 09:40 - Jan 8 with 1266 viewspaulparker

PM’d you glenn hope your ok ?

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Dad. on 10:18 - Jan 8 with 1232 viewsYorkRanger

Disco, sorry to hear the news, deepest condolences to you and your family.

I enjoyed reading the stories about your old man in the thread, sounds like a right character who lived life to the full.

RIP

Dad. on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 1217 viewsMick_S

Hello Glenn,

Many of us know how this feels - stick with the very many good times you had. I'll raise a glass to you and yours tonight.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024