Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid turned down for BOS 11:22 - May 14 with 9000 viewsHayesender

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-reject-bid-for-bright-osayi-sam

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bid turned down for BOS on 18:14 - May 14 with 2383 viewsMedwayR

Or it might be that his agent is asking for a contract equivalent to the worth of a £10m player, so the club ‘leaks’ a rumour that we’ve only had a bid of £3m so his agent needs to lower his expectations of his clients worth.

The point I’m making is we don’t know and never will.

If BOS leaves he could do a lot worse than a move like this where he’d be bought with the expectation of further development and then move on for a profit to a bigger club. Obviously the money would have to be right though and I’d much rather he stayed.

Poll: Who’s better?

Bid turned down for BOS on 19:22 - May 14 with 2274 viewskensalriser

Arguably footballers are worth virtually nothing at the moment given that they are all cost and no return.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bid turned down for BOS on 19:56 - May 14 with 2237 viewskernowhoop

I am sure you are right, Rblock, but not sure that many people get it.

Bid turned down for BOS on 21:59 - May 14 with 2140 viewsLazyFan

Brugges probably think as we bought him for £300K, then offering £3m would seem like a good deal to QPR.

Not sure they really have been secretly scouting him, he's been on live TV a few times tearing up his fullback again and again. Press rumours that Southampton wanted him in the window. I would say outside the Prem he's on the list of possibles for clubs like these. A known target for all.

What a few on here have maybe not highlighted as much is that the club turned them down. Isn't that nice to see.

zzzzzzzzzz

Bid turned down for BOS on 22:44 - May 14 with 2092 viewsrsonist

https://theathletic.co.uk/1813859/2020/05/14/efl-clubs-premier-league-bailout-22

Only a Premier League-led bailout of the English football pyramid can stop clubs from crashing over “a cliff edge” this summer, a prominent EFL club owner has warned.

The owner, who wishes to remain anonymous, believes the Premier League could borrow this money from commercial lenders, on relatively cheap terms secured against its broadcast contracts, and gift it to EFL clubs.

Without that income, the owner warns that come July 1 the EFL could be facing its worst financial crisis and that club directors could even be placed at risk of acting illegally by trying to keep insolvent clubs going.

But sure yeah, us getting less than anything less than £10m for a player OOC in a year would be a scandal obv...

Bid turned down for BOS on 22:49 - May 14 with 2085 viewsozexile

Why do I feel that when this crisis is over we're gonna lose BOS and Eze for well under market value.

Bid turned down for BOS on 01:07 - May 15 with 1994 viewsdavman

Not sure what many on here actually expect. So typical that the time QPR actually has saleable assets and no immediate desparately need to sell, the perfect storm comes in. BOS and Manning out of contract next year.
C-19 stops the window opening as planned. By the time this season ends likely to be no more than 9 months left on their contracts.
Available finance across the world decimated including the potential buyers market.
No way will we get offers much more than £4m for BOS and just like Austin we're gonna have to take it.

The only way I see out of this is for BOS and Manning to sign a new contract (assuming that the club will offer them a respectful increase proportional to their import to this team) and we go again to sell them both and Eze next summer when (hopefully) the market will have recovered.

For once, there is not a lot the club can do here.

... But you all go on demanding £10m+ if it makes you happy...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bid turned down for BOS on 02:05 - May 15 with 1965 viewstimcocking

good one that

Bid turned down for BOS on 06:33 - May 15 with 1947 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm choosing not to worry about that now, oz, as we don't know if that will be the case and as supporters fretting will do not an ounce of good.

As others have said the buyers' ability to pay may also deflate in the short term so that in the absence of options or merely just to provide security for themselves players maybe happy to sign extensions.

For now, the news is good - we have interest, and we turned down an offer.
I'll happily take that, and move on.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bid turned down for BOS on 06:35 - May 15 with 1938 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suspect notions of what constitutes ’market value’ will significantly deflate to reflect the economic fallout from the first wave of Covid cases.

I mentioned early in the covid thread that these pandemics always come back and so ‘market value’ is likely to be further realigned in due course. Fact is: a bloke perceived to be worth £8m last January, will be worth a lot less come next January.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Bid turned down for BOS on 06:53 - May 15 with 1928 viewsWatford_Ranger

22, no injury history, 150 or so career appearances in a sought-after position and at times taking the piss out of experienced Championship defenders. If we only get £4m or so even with a year on his contract then the club is even less sustainable than I thought.

Hope Shodipo has spent the lockdown bench pressing and eating raw steak.

Bid turned down for BOS on 07:14 - May 15 with 1908 viewsDorse

Knowing our luck, he'd probably be pressing steak and eating raw bench...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Bid turned down for BOS on 09:21 - May 15 with 1807 views1JD

Daniel James, 21, 4 goals / 9 assists in 33 apps = 15m
Bright Osayi-Samuel, 22, 5 goals / 8 assists in 29 apps = ?

Bid turned down for BOS on 09:23 - May 15 with 1803 viewsphilc

Club Brugge would be a good move for Bright I hadn’t realised how well they are doing. If he did go there I’d expect he’d get game time and develop further, a bit like the old Rangers develop and sell on.

I agree with the Eze comments he’s at an important stage in his career and like Bright needs to get game time, a good European team would give him the space to develop further.

Clarke is a good example of a player making the wrong move, I don’t know whether Leeds thought the offer from Spurs was to good to turn down or if the player wanted the move. But there is no way he is good enough to even be a squad player for a top half Premiership team and seems to be going nowhere as a player

Bid turned down for BOS on 10:24 - May 15 with 1750 viewsterryb

Ther transfer window doesn't open until July 1st & we (possibly) have nine league games still to play.

Let other clubs determine what is the current market value of players before we become active with buying or selling.

I'm fairtly sure though, that there should be no comparison betweern transfer fees paid this summer & what was previously paid!

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:12 - May 15 with 1706 viewsrsonist

Why do I feel that when this crisis is over people are still not going to be getting their heads around what market value means.

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:32 - May 15 with 1678 viewsLythamR

lets face it, its all up in the air

are clubs going to be willing to splash decent money and get into long contracts with high wages when it is not at all clear that we wont face further periods of lockdown in the future.

That would appear to be a very risky strategy from a business perspective right now.

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:32 - May 15 with 1677 viewsWestbourneR

WLS links aren't working for me at the moment. Anyone else getting that?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Bid turned down for BOS on 11:42 - May 15 with 1666 viewsrsonist

No more the wrong move for Clarke than it was for Lennon, Robinson, Jenas, Dawson, Huddlestone... what's going wrong for him now is an individual case. He even went back on loan to Leeds where he was bought from and wasn't nearly the same player so it's hardly as though his development was disrupted.

Bid turned down for BOS on 12:16 - May 15 with 1636 viewsLoftgirl

Same here.

Bid turned down for BOS on 14:42 - May 15 with 1516 viewsBklynRanger

Nice place, Brugge. Smells a bit of cabbage. I ordered a large brandy and it came out in a sort of goldfish bowl. Nice though. Delicious strawberry cream chocolates too. Hmmmm, memories. Course this was 1993, might all have changed since then, glass carbuncles and bicycle superhighwaylanes...

£12mill then, that's settled.

Bid turned down for BOS on 17:04 - May 15 with 1436 viewsphilc

Maybe he just isn’t very good and last season flattered him. He didn’t play much back at Leeds and we have better but he is only 19 or something so he does have time on his side . I just feel that some young players are too eager to make the jump and might be better off waiting and developing further.

Bid turned down for BOS on 17:15 - May 15 with 1423 viewsNorthernr

Ordered a couple of pints there early one evening. Pints? You sure pints? English pint? You sure?

Seemed like nice people.

Don't remember much else.

I reckon they spiked my drink.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Bid turned down for BOS on 19:03 - May 15 with 1340 viewsBurnleyhoop

Hang on to BOS and Eze for one more season, bring in Smithies and Austin and have a serious pop at promotion next season.

We need to see a full season from our talented youngsters, Christ, BOS has had 10 impressive games and we might lose him already. Lose them both now and we return to mediocrity.

Roll the dice whilst we have some real talent and a quality manager. If we don’t succeed, our youngsters are likely to be worth significantly more at the end of next season ( assuming we tie BOS down).

Bid turned down for BOS on 19:15 - May 15 with 1328 viewskensalriser

I thought Burnley was up north, now I realise it's on another planet.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024