Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 61790 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:32 - Aug 17 with 4749 viewsA40Bosh

I think if you are in the Championship you might want to build a team around him but if he really is as good as people think he is at the moment and builds on that potential in a PL team, then he should be able to fit within the system of a club that has fast attacking football and probably already has a similar attacking midfielder/forward set up that he can fit in to and fight for a first team regular start over the coming seasons.

I don't think it would be unreasonable for a first season that wherever the ends up he will be dipping in and out of the first team and sat on the bench for some of it.

Whilst I don't think he will end up in a top half club on this move, if indeed one happens for him, but I have this vision of him playing in an Arsenal shirt, maybe with Ozil gone and as part of Arteta's rebuilding programme over the next couple of seasons.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:39 - Aug 17 with 4706 viewsWestbourneR

I love Eze (up there with Les, Trevor, Lee and Ale) and I'd dearly love to watch for another season but it would be a disaster for this club if we don't get a good fee in for him this summer. If he doesn't get a move for money his contract will run down and we'll get nothing. We HAVE to cash in these assets.

Same with BOS. Same with Manning.

Problem is that our need to sell now is likely going to knock up to 30% off their price.

Nonetheless we should look at it as £12 million gained for Eze not £8 million lost. We're building a base and a financial foundation that will allow us to get better and better fees over the coming years.

It's a process
Stage A - forced to free transfer loads of dead wood
Stage B - get a couple of million for Smithies
Stage C - get £7 million for Freeman
Stage D- get £12 to £14 million for Eze
Stage E - sign players on proper length contracts and finally stop getting ripped off

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:59 - Aug 17 with 4588 viewsA40Bosh

Shhhhh!

someone might be listening, don't give the game away mate!

WE DON'T NEED MONEY DESPERATELY!
(repeat)

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:15 - Aug 17 with 4453 viewsderbyhoop

I don't believe Palace will meet our valuation of EZE
Original proposal was £8m + £4m in add ons.
Add ons included (no laughing at the back!!) extra money when Palace qualify for Europe.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:55 - Aug 23 with 4061 viewsGloucs_R

Fulham 15m + Mawson is one of today's rumours...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:58 - Aug 23 with 4052 viewsNorthernr

I'd quite like that deal but given that Fulham spent big money as a Premier League team on Mawson I'd be amazed if his wage wasn't in the £30-40k a week range which again, like Hugill, means either he's going to have to take a cut (which he won't) or Fulham are so desperate for Eze they agree to swallow a chunk of Mawson's wage. He's also had a lot of injury problems there (and he's Chelsea).

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:42 - Aug 23 with 3880 viewsKonk

Not only is Mawson Chelsea, but he wears the number 26 in tribute to his hero, that cu nt John Terry. That fact alone means I’ve never warmed to the bloke, but it’s difficult to gauge him as player. He was injured when we signed him and generally hasn’t look right the whole time he’s been with us, but was highly regarded at Swansea.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:47 - Aug 23 with 3851 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Not only is Mawson Chelsea, but he wears the number 26 in tribute to his hero, that cu nt John Terry."

Lovely. Just lovely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:03 - Aug 23 with 3765 viewsThe_Beast1976

Indeed. He can fcuk right off for that alone

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:04 - Aug 23 with 3757 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ya.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:34 - Aug 23 with 3649 viewsrsonist

No one post the young Charlie Austin photo...

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:54 - Aug 23 with 3540 viewsNoelmc

At least you could argue he was too young to know any better. No excuse for Mawson.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:58 - Aug 23 with 3522 viewskensalriser

If Eze has any sense he'll be looking for a PL side with a lowish chance of relegation. Sorry Konk, but I'm sure you're realistic on that point!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:40 - Aug 23 with 3358 viewsJuzzie

That doesn't leave much option. He won’t go to any of the big boys so that pretty much just leaves Everton I reckon.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:58 - Aug 23 with 3276 viewsDavieQPR

Or Newcastle. If he goes to Fulham then there is a good chance of him lining up against us in a couple of seasons.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 14:20 - Aug 23 with 3176 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Agreed about the top 6 they appear to stack their line up with 11 Internationals so no hope for Eze there .
How about one of the promoted teams they have direct experience on how much he can influence a game as opposed to scouts /videos etc.
Are they not all loaded with cash now after hitting the PL jackpot

Is it Palace for Eze? on 14:30 - Aug 23 with 3127 viewskensalriser

That's why I said lowish rather than low. Fulham, WBA and Villa are current favourites. Wolves and Leicester would be fairly safe, all the rest have some kind of chance, but none more so than Fulham.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 14:39 - Aug 23 with 3077 viewsnix

The thing is though, he just has to reproduce anything like the form he's had with us last season in the Premier and he's got a good chance of being bought by at worst a mid-table side the following season. He's just an unknown quantity in the Prem, which is why he hasn't had any decent firm offers IMO.

I would be surprised if Bilic wasn't following him. He's clearly impressed by him.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 14:41 - Aug 23 with 3064 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Wolves are a very attractive team with a great manager and he would fit in well there IMO and they have lots of money to spend yes

Is it Palace for Eze? on 15:01 - Aug 23 with 2967 viewsQPR_John

If it's the case he goes to a lower team has a good season then transferred to a bigger club let's hope any deal includes a tasty sell on clause

Is it Palace for Eze? on 15:15 - Aug 23 with 2917 viewsStanisgod

He isn't Portuguese

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 16:48 - Aug 23 with 2694 viewsichbinnaughty

It’s a good shout.
Wolves looking likely to sell Traore so will
a) have a load of money burning a hole in their pocket; and
b) will need a creative player to compliment their squad

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:02 - Aug 23 with 2342 viewsOakR

I think it might just come down to which team sells someone to free up the cash for him, so maybe villa if they sell Grealish, CP if they sell Saha, West Ham if they sell X etc.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2020 20:02]

Poll: Will we stay up?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:06 - Aug 25 with 1758 viewsDieByYourSide

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-ebere-eze-crystal-palace-offer-rejected-

Second offer rejected, presumably offering more than £8m up front! Careful now Palace, you're getting into silly money territory here...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:12 - Aug 25 with 1726 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024