Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 62818 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:16 - Aug 25 with 3094 viewsToast_R

Sad to see him leave but business is business. Lets hope the money goes some way to start a legacy. Be astute if a sell on clause is part of the deal and say 2-3 years down the line Palace are selling on for thrice the fee.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 01:29 - Aug 26 with 2821 viewsBoston

Alas poor Eze, we knew you well.

Tone and Les are probably reclining on comfy chairs with a hamlet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 01:54 - Aug 26 with 2811 viewsVancouverHoop

I have a friend who is palarse sesaon ticket holder - he doesn't even think hodgson will play him as he doesn't give much youth an opportunity at selhurst, preferring to play the older, experienced players - especially defensive midfielders...

If Hodgson doesn't intend to play him, why spend £20 million? Palace are far from the wealthiest club in the Prem. Someone there must have wanted him pretty badly.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:12 - Aug 26 with 2550 viewsDWQPR

The one thing that worry me about the move is that I have read that Palarse has always been Eze’s preferred option. Assume that is because it is close to home for him? For me, if I was that good a footballer then I would want all options open and a move away from somewhere of comfort can improve him further.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:33 - Aug 26 with 2465 viewsPhildo

WLS think today is the day

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-qpr-ebere-eze-crystal-palace-finali

Interesting at Palace as the natives are very restless with Hodgson and they had an awful end of the season. There will be a lot of pressure on Eze to deliver early.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:35 - Aug 26 with 2449 viewscolinallcars

Has he got a milk round then?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:53 - Aug 26 with 2347 viewstraininvain

My Palace mate reckons Eze’s being signed to replace Zaha. I thought Zaha was more of a winger so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out.

As for Hodgson, Konk speaks highly of him and he’s better placed to judge than most of us on here. My view is he seems to thrive at smaller clubs and he’s done very well at Palace.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:59 - Aug 26 with 2300 viewsWestbourneR

Hodgson does and incredible job at Palace. Zaha aside it’s very weak squad and he keeps them in the Prem year after year. He’s a very shrewd manager at a certain level.

To Eze. Can’t help feel we could have hung on longer for more from one of the other clubs. In the end Fulham will start spending again - and Leeds will too.

But my feeling is Warbs wants it done so he can settle the squad and buy in other areas.

It’ll be the first time in a long time that we’ll have firepower in the market so it’ll be interested to see what Warbs does with it.

Gonna miss Eze immensely, as will we as a team on the pitch, what a special talent and lovely guy to boot.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:00 - Aug 26 with 2291 viewsRangers67

BBC reporting £14 mill this morning as the fee, if that is the case we have had our pants taken down again.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:04 - Aug 26 with 2263 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Even if that was the case, how is signing someone on a free then selling them for £14m four years later getting our pants pulled down?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:06 - Aug 26 with 2242 viewsMaggsinho

£16m plus £3.5m in add-ons and a sell on fee according to Sean Gallagher.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:06 - Aug 26 with 2242 viewsnadera78

Just to calm everyone's expectations a little - it used to be standard that transfer fees were paid in instalments, usually over the life of the contract the player had signed. If that's still the case then we'd be looking at around £4m a year coming in over the next 4 years. Plus any extras. So I wouldn't expect to see us going crazy with the cheque book.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:07 - Aug 26 with 2225 viewsted_hendrix

The only people who know the fee are the two clubs and the player, not the bloody BBC or bloody Sky or anybody who posts on here.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:09 - Aug 26 with 2213 viewsdannyblue

What we’d pay out would similarly be in installments, so while I’m not saying we will, we could...

My suspicion is we’ll spend a decent chunk of it, with a couple already lined up and announced soon after.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:11 - Aug 26 with 2201 viewsMaggsinho

Although that works both ways so if we were to spend some of the money , eg £2m for Dickie, we'd structure that deal to spend £500,000k over the four years or similar.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:12 - Aug 26 with 2185 viewsrsonist

Except that's from the gossip column isn't it.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:30 - Aug 26 with 2066 viewseghamranger

Sun saying 14 million
Mail saying 19.5 million
Talksport saying 16 million..

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:32 - Aug 26 with 2055 viewsNorthernr

Just go with Dave Mc and Sean. Journos that know the club and do the work, rather than just slinging out stuff they've made up or heard on Twitter.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:34 - Aug 26 with 2035 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Do we use the Mean, the Median or the Mode?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:36 - Aug 26 with 2009 viewsA40Bosh

The one thing I thought of is how Eze might react to that kind of pressure if he arrives in to a new team after a big fee has been shelled out on him and there is an immediate expectation for him to be that team's messiah - especially as an attacking midfielder/forward.

You have to assume that both Ebs and this advisors have been sussing out the Palace plans for him and during the player discussions considering how his game could fit in to how Palace want to set up.

I really hope it works out for him and he tears up the Prem

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:40 - Aug 26 with 1955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

However much it is, we need to maintain discipline on where we spend it.

No massive blowouts on 29 year old players. Young, hungry, and mildly faulty players.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:51 - Aug 26 with 1892 viewsgazza1

That is big money for our club.......

Surely, MW and his team must get £5 millionish......must spend it on young hungry improving player(s).

I think we got a really good season coming up

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:56 - Aug 26 with 1850 viewsdannyblue

Based solely on performances against us (yeah I know), I'd love to think we could poach Ojaria off Reading while they scrabble around looking for their £3.5m.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:59 - Aug 26 with 1832 viewsRBlock

So Sean Gallagher saying £16m plus £3.5m add-ons, with Dave Mc reporting £15m plus £4.5m add-ons. Something like that anyway.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:05 - Aug 26 with 1782 views100percent

Who is Dickie please Maggs? think I missed that link....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024