Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 62820 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:51 - Aug 26 with 3486 viewsA40Bosh

It’s like we are gathered around an ICU bed and Clive has just walked in and said we can turn off the life support for the patient and we need to let him go peacefully.

5 large G&Ts tonight and this risks getting way too emotional a goodbye now.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 22:51]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:52 - Aug 26 with 3478 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Promise him 30K a week and then flog him the day after he signs."

Hmmm... and lose the trust of every professional player and agent in the game, as well as the dressing room, Myke.

It's that kind of behaviour from the board room that has led to Barcelona losing one of the best players to ever lace up his boots.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:55 - Aug 26 with 3438 viewsA40Bosh

Anyway back to Eze

Let us sit upon the hearth and stories of his greatness.
Great stories
Wonderful stories
For tomorrow he will be gone
And with us no more
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 22:56]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:02 - Aug 26 with 3389 viewsGloryHunter

Yeah, I was gutted then as well. But coincided with me going to Manchester Uni, and I watched Rodney play for Man City every game. And it didn't go very well for him did it?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:02 - Aug 26 with 3385 viewsMyke

Written with tongue ( or should that be 'thumb') in cheek Brian, to highlight the huge discrepancy in the valuation of our best two players

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:05 - Aug 26 with 3361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry Myke. Missed that.

Mind you, I think Eze is worth far, far more than BOS - and would be even if the contract situations were aligned.

Eze gives (I'm still using the past tense) me so much joy.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 23:25 - Aug 26 with 3270 viewsMyke

It's an interesting one. I think Eze is a great talent and definitely worth in or around 20M in today's inflated market. Just in that context, I find it hard to understand that we were prepared to accept as little as 4.7 M for BOS, who can be a game-changer in his own right. I think of the Leeds game at home and they were far more terrified of BOS than Eze. His contract situation is the only plausible explanation I can find

Is it Palace for Eze? on 00:01 - Aug 27 with 3153 viewsdaveB

Brights contract plus he's only really been good for 6 months means a price of around 5million is about right for him, if he signed a new deal and had a good season next year his price would be similar to Eze's

Is it Palace for Eze? on 03:57 - Aug 27 with 2973 viewsnadera78

"prepared to accept"

1 year left on his contract, no sign of him agreeing to a new one, and the only club who made an offer for him was Bruges. It's not that we were "prepared to accept" £4.7m for BOS, it's that it was literally the only offer in town with the alternative being he leaves next summer for minimal compensation.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:43 - Aug 27 with 2565 viewsqprd

The notion about players with longer contracts getting sold for more money does not make sense to me

Look at the Eze deal for instance. When he signs with palace, qpr transfers their obligations under the contract. But in actuality, most players who gets transferred for real money just rips up the old contract and signs a new contract with the new club- see Eze allegedly signing a 4 year contract with palace

Players with only a year left on their contract are not less valuable bc of the length of their remaining contract (b/c in brights case, if he signed w bruge, they’d immediatey give him a 3/4 deal); they’re less valuable because the club has a ticking timebomb over their head which changes the negotiation dynamics....

Having said that, qpr should obviously extend bos contract. But I don’t believe doing so will necessarily greatly alter his transfer value just now.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 08:52 - Aug 27 with 2515 viewsdannyblue

BOS scenarios in order of preference

Signs new contract, has a blinding season, leads us to promised land
Signs new contract, has a blinding season, sold for Eze money
Doesn’t sign, sold for good money now
Doesn’t sign, has a blinding season, goes on a free
Doesn’t sign, sold for something in Jan
Doesn’t sign, has a rubbish season, goes on a free.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:00 - Aug 27 with 2477 viewsPhildo

but that is Bosman - we picked up the likes of Freeman cheap as they were in contracts running down. In demand players have a choice - more wages for a longer contract or less wages now but get some of what would have been a transfer fee (subject to age related compensation) in say 12 months time. Agents tell them not to sign 9 times out of 10. Buying a player is like a spreadsheet - wages plus fee divided by length of contract. Palace would love to sell him to a top four club about two years in at a big profit if it works out.

We have done very well if the price plus add ons reported is true. In covid uncertain market we managed to drive up his price by getting a bidding war on and have got the sell on. Spurs a so called big club followed the kid for years and need players but could not even muster a bid- skint. Moyes would have given a bollock to get him but again no cash. Big change for us.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:29 - Aug 27 with 2371 viewsdistortR

no you're not.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:33 - Aug 27 with 2357 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Don't you start!

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:46 - Aug 27 with 2281 viewsdistortR

well..............................

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:57 - Aug 27 with 2227 viewsSir_Chops

Seeing a Sean Gallagher tweet about this needing to happen to bring out the full potential in Chair, how long is left on Ilias' contract? Is it all about this season for him to maximize his value next summer, or is there a couple more years left to enjoy him before a sale has to be made?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 09:58 - Aug 27 with 2215 viewsNorthernr

Chair renewed his contract this time last year if I remember rightly.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:11 - Aug 27 with 2163 viewsed_83

Yep - three-year extension to his previous deal, so he's contracted until 2023

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ilias-chair-signs-new-three-year-deal/

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:23 - Aug 27 with 2089 viewsThGrimRanger

good news indeed - I believe he's got the vision and eye for goal to fill the Eze shaped hole

TheGrimRanger

Is it Palace for Eze? on 10:42 - Aug 27 with 1978 viewsGloucs_R

It's he really just 5'2??

Poll: Are we staying up?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:10 - Aug 27 with 1854 viewsrsonist

5 foot 2, coat of emu, Ilias Chair is after you

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:13 - Aug 27 with 1820 viewsNorthernr

According to his profile on the offish he's 158cm which I think is actually even less than that.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:14 - Aug 27 with 1804 viewsFaurlinho

Are we nearly there yet..?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:43 - Aug 27 with 1682 viewsDannyPaddox

Do I hear any more bids?

Man in the back from the Black Country ...

Show us the money boys!
[Post edited 27 Aug 2020 11:46]

Is it Palace for Eze? on 11:47 - Aug 27 with 1659 viewsBAWHoops

Watching slow motion highlight reels of Ebs with this on in the background

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024