Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 63330 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:22 - Aug 26 with 2981 viewsQPROslo

Duncan Castles, a Times journalist on his personal Twitter account.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:24 - Aug 26 with 2955 viewsNorthernr

Christ I thought he only Tweeted/wrote/spoke/thought about the taste of Mourinho's ringpiece.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:27 - Aug 26 with 2902 viewssimmo

Nice to have more bids coming in, but if we accept more than one offer it's down to the player to decide where he ends up, and by all accounts he wants Palace...

No surprise West Brom want him either - especially after that goal he scored against them on the last day

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 2843 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Seems like whoever it is that Ebere goes to, they are likely to be Premier league mid to lower.

If he progresses as we all think he will, he will be picked off by a mid upper Prem team before too long, and the original purchaser will be whinging about the inequities of the distribution of monies in football.

Hope Ebere doesn't get trapped by Steve Parish asking unattainable transfer fees like Zaha

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:38 - Aug 26 with 2761 viewsThGrimRanger

is there a rulebook - what happens if the West Brom offer is £2 million more, are we within our rights to withdraw the Palace acceptance? If so then it's between West Brom and not moving, at which point Palace may or may not up their offer or Eze may or may not agree to West Brom (rather than stay).

like a game of poker which in time honoured fashion we're bound to get shafted despite the fact that we hold the ace

TheGrimRanger

Is it Palace for Eze? on 12:39 - Aug 26 with 2741 viewsNed_Kennedys

That makes no sense at all. So if we’d been offered say £2 million then that would have been his value?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:09 - Aug 26 with 2514 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And their gaffer seemed to be having a long chat with him after.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:09 - Aug 26 with 2511 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yes.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:15 - Aug 26 with 2423 viewscpgerber

That's stupid. So no-one ever pays too much or too low ... a player is worth what you paid for him.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:16 - Aug 26 with 2409 viewsMyke

I'd say the most accurate figure is 'undisclosed'

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:22 - Aug 26 with 2333 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yes.

Valuations just don’t matter a jot in the end. They are just invented numbers. Ultimately the arbiter of value is the purchase price. Everything else is an estimate.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 13:23]

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:29 - Aug 26 with 2257 viewsNorthantsHoop

Think the club have a price point of acceptance, Palace appear to have made that and Eze will also have a choice in his destination. If WBA have come in with a counter offer slightly higher then it will obviously be considered and if Eze fancies the move there who knows he may take it. There is always a chance of a late bid that hits the sweet spot for all concerned and Eze goes there, but the mood music appears to favour Palace.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:32 - Aug 26 with 2214 viewsWestbourneR

So can we get to bottom of this - if we've 'accepted' Palace's bid do we have to honour that even if West Brom come in with a better offer shortly afterwards? And I mean have to, as in, contractually obliged.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:37 - Aug 26 with 2145 viewsRangers67

Oh good, I,ll remember that next time I go to a car showroom and they ask me for 25 or 30 k for the model I want and I then offer them 9 k. I will fully expect to drive away in a shiny new motor.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:39 - Aug 26 with 2116 viewsWrightUp5hit___

So have we reached the point yet, where we all change from being anguished about losing our star asset for peanuts, and change to being all Bertie Big Bollocks and start talking about stealing little clubs star players by low balling them?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 2086 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Enjoy that Trabant geezer.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 2086 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No. Wigan accepted our offer for Kiefer Moore recently then subsequently sold him to Cardiff who made a later offer. Might p1ss Palace off a bit if he went somewhere else but I’d imagine it’s fairly common. It’s probably down to Eze at this stage as I don’t think he’ll be forced into going anywhere he doesn’t want to go.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 13:42]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:40 - Aug 26 with 2077 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Baz,

I agree in one way. You're correct that the sale price = the market value. No disputes there.

However, every player also has an intrinsic value, albeit that it is hard to define. But if I bought Eze off you for two quid and a half-sucked gobstopper I think we'd have established that the market value we set is now below his intrinsic value.

If I then sold him back to you for €200m, then we'd have established a new market value is higher than the intrinsic value.

Eze's intrinsic value maybe influenced by the market, but his intrinsic value is a different thing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:42 - Aug 26 with 2060 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Wether you offer £9k or £25k that doesn’t effect the owners prerogative to sell. That’s a different thing.

But, if you keep offering £9k on that car and no one offers higher, you’ll eventually get it for £9k.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:43 - Aug 26 with 2039 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I don’t disagree Brian. I’m just saying his intrinsic value doesn’t matter a jot.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:44 - Aug 26 with 2031 viewshantssi

You’re completely missing the point, you COULD offer £9K, if they accept it then that’s the value.
It’s more than likely they’ll say no, we want £25K and it’s up to you if you agree or not.
When you finally agree on a figure that’s the value or worth.
It’s exactly what we’ve done with Eze.
That for me is the best bit of buying a new car, how far I can push the dealer, a new car is only fun for a few weeks anyway.
You’ve got to be prepared to walk away if you can’t agree on a value.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:49 - Aug 26 with 1948 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My understanding, FWIW,

It depends if there was a contract entered into between the clubs.

It may well be that all there is so far is acceptance of the offer. That in itself does not constitute a contract between the clubs. So if we reneged on the deal, we would not be in breach of an contract with Palace.

There are seven elements of Contract, two have to be in place for the Contract to be binding, so one more is needed.

So, for instance, if a deposit was exchanged, or some other form of consideration exchanged, then there now would exist a contract between the clubs (albeit not one in writing, but still binding) and then it's up to Eze if he wants to join them.

So, in short - we don't know and only about ten people do.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:51 - Aug 26 with 1928 viewsNorthantsHoop

Good point, the position on offer and acceptance is one of the most contentious in contract law. On the face of it looks like we are still in the auction phase, where others are able to make offers. As you say probably down to Eze on where goes, but Rangers would want to squeeze a bit more out of the deal if they can, they may not get the opportunity to do that again.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:51 - Aug 26 with 1924 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree that it's not everything, Baz. But I think it does have a bearing.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 13:56 - Aug 26 with 1861 viewsRangers67

The only relevant point and you have missed it is he is worth more than £ 14 million
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024