Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it Palace for Eze? 10:48 - Aug 13 with 62885 viewsNorthantsHoop

Yet more paper talk about Palace discussing buying Eze this morning. If it is all true, they do seem to be showing the most firm interest. Reckon if they up their bid to around £15m to £16m cash plus add ons to £20m we may bite. Don't think it would be a bad move for him, likely to get game time and the step up in the Prem with a mid ranking club. If he improves there then possibility of a bigger club next. Got to get a decent % sell on clause in the deal.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:01 - Aug 26 with 3517 viewsrobith

Real talk - how much is he gonna cost in FPL?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:07 - Aug 26 with 3468 viewsMKQPR

I heard the Palace bid was £15mil plus £4.5 in add ons. Includes a 20% sell on fee, not sure if that is full fee or profit from future sale. Either way a good bit of business if true. I will be gutted to see Eze go but the lad deserves it.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:21 - Aug 26 with 3329 viewskensalriser

If Palace sell Zaha for the same or more as they pay for Eze then they’ll have a cracking deal as Eze is a better player with a longer career ahead of him. Especially as Zaha has already failed at a bigger club.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:38 - Aug 26 with 3222 viewsEsox_Lucius

Sky reporting he is on his way for a medical ATM and the price is £16m + £4m in achievable add ons with a 20% sell on clause. That is fecking brilliant business for once.

The grass is always greener.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:56 - Aug 26 with 3139 viewsrobith

Seen someone on twitter baselessly saying the sell on is 30% - increasingly taking on Woodstock attendance proportions

Is it Palace for Eze? on 18:58 - Aug 26 with 3115 viewsconnell10

If that's true not a bad deal mate

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:02 - Aug 26 with 3066 viewsNorthernr

I'm half a bottle of red and about an hour or so away from finishing the piece so if it could be a very thorough medical that would be super.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:10 - Aug 26 with 2997 viewsted_hendrix

Has he gone yet? get a bloody move on and buzz off

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:14 - Aug 26 with 2960 viewsSouthallRanger

Obviously we have sold many good and fan favourite players over the years, and we all knew this was coming and prepared for it. But this is one of the ones that had made me sad to no longer see him in the hoops. Almost as bad as when Sir Les left.

Which makes me wonder whether we will use the money better than the Ferdinand money. We made a hash of that. £1m for Hateley!

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:25 - Aug 26 with 2875 viewsBklynRanger

I've got a friend at work who's a Palace ST holder. Sits beside his mum every week, even when they're not talking which is quite often, apparently. I like to think that a regular dose of Ezes's unearthly balance and extra terrestrial spacial awareness will be of some comfort.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:30 - Aug 26 with 2828 viewsMickS

Wait until one of them calls him lazy.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:45 - Aug 26 with 2714 viewsHastings_Hoops

I think we have a far more astute team than we did back then. Very impressed with Hoos, Les and Warbs (and Amit) over the last year of so. They worked wonders last summer. Exciting to see what they do now with some money.

Moving away from your post - I think we can all agree in hindsight that criticism of Les and Hoos on the Freeman, Furlong, Smithies sales were harsh given the tide that they were trying to turn. The tide has turned now and we are seeing the benefits of having an executive and management team without interferences from above.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 19:57 - Aug 26 with 2630 viewsbarbicanranger

Agreed. While it's sad to see Ebz go this is how the modern game works. This is a landmark moment for the club in terms of the strategy the back-office has been working on for two to four years, it is somewhat vindication and evidence of what can be achieved doing things the right way. I'm not sure how much credit they will get but this is huge for a club like us.

I'm sure a lot will be clamoring for us to spend the dough but if anything this should reinforce us to double-down on this strategy. Sure, there may be budget to get those targets that previously might have been just out of reach but I think this should be just the start and should hopefully lead to us being able to attract more prospects and also command more in the transfer market going forward.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:04 - Aug 26 with 2581 viewsCiderwithRsie

Not as bad as Les, in that on that occasion I think we all sensed that it might be the end of an era unless we got the re-investment spot-on. (If Gerry Francis had still been in post I think I'd have been less nervous)

But worse than Les, in that we all sort of knew that "we're not allowed nice things any more" and that if we turned up a jewel like Eze we couldn't make him the spearhead of a return to the glory days, he'd have to be flogged off.

Les moved on because he'd gone as far as he could at QPR. But in different times Eze getting into the Premiership with us would have been realistic. I'm sad that couldn't happen and I think if that had been possible he might have chosen to stay.

Good luck Ebere and I look forward to seeing you in Forever Rs

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:06 - Aug 26 with 2566 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Great avatar MKQPR 😆

edit - You should make t-shirts
[Post edited 26 Aug 2020 20:08]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:29 - Aug 26 with 2421 viewsHastings_Hoops

The strategy that we are embarking upon has worked wonders for a bus stop in hounslow with its limited history and it’s new wonky stadium. Imagine how well it could work for a club with proper top flight pedigree in the game if we stick to it.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:31 - Aug 26 with 2410 viewsSedgemoorHoop

I remember when we sold Rodney Marsh, it seemed like the end of the world to me as a (then) young man. But we started an unbeaten run that lasted 22 games and bought Don Givens, Stan Bowles and Dave Thomas. So let's hope for something similar.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 20:32 - Aug 26 with 2399 viewsNW10Hoop

Great player, and he’ll be missed. Seems like we’re going to get a decent deal and he 100% has earned a crack at the Premier League.

There’s a part of me that’s a little bit sad about the huge step up from QPR to Crystal Palace that the deal highlights. Always thought of them as of similar stature to us but even with improvements in the way the club is being run in the last few years we’re still so far off being entitled to want to keep our best players.... anyways good luck Eze, tear it up!

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:16 - Aug 26 with 2137 viewsSouthallRanger

How come non of the Eze threads were titled “Eze come, Eze go”

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:24 - Aug 26 with 2069 viewsBerkoRanger

I was one of the fans on Temple Meads Stn after the game at Bristol City when Gordon Jago called the fans together and told us that Rodney would be leaving the club and explained why. A magic moment for a then young fan !

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:40 - Aug 26 with 1952 viewsNorthernr

Done and done. He can go now.

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 1894 viewsDWQPR

I heard he has decided to give up football and join a nunnery instead. That’s fûcked you up! 😂

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Is it Palace for Eze? on 21:58 - Aug 26 with 1836 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Sistereze

Sounds like a spot cream

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:06 - Aug 26 with 1768 viewsderbyhoop

Eze isca once in a decade player. His sale can set the club on the right track for years. But the money needs to be spent wisely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is it Palace for Eze? on 22:35 - Aug 26 with 1638 viewsMyke

Still don't see Eze as being nearly 4 times better than BOS according to the clubs own valuations. If they could just get BOS to sign a one yr extension they could get 8-10 m for him. Promise him 30K a week and then flog him the day after he signs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024