Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SKY 22:35 - Sep 18 with 48445 viewssmuttsontour

F*ck SKY

F*ck the presenter who tried to run a negative story on us for views.

F*ck anyone/anything that continually denies free speech.

Oh and f*ck sky again.

This post has been edited by an administrator

SKY on 13:28 - Sep 21 with 2706 viewsBklynRanger

The best thing about that statement is it's not afraid to challenge the idea that Taking the Knee is a sacrosanct act that everyone needs to buy in to. And the only way we as a club have gained the right to challenge that is the basis of everything that's been done in recent years - the actual action that Les and Lee refer to. So shut the fcuk up Sky.

SKY on 13:37 - Sep 21 with 2644 viewsstevec

They just have, back tracking fast now.

SKY on 13:40 - Sep 21 with 2584 views2Thomas2Bowles

On the beeb
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54237179

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

SKY on 13:43 - Sep 21 with 2532 viewsSharpy36

Trending on Twitter.

Everyone agree`s. Well done our club

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

SKY on 13:44 - Sep 21 with 2554 viewsrsonist

Relieved and proud. Excellent statement.

Particular credit to Hoos for giving ALM both barrels too.

SKY on 13:46 - Sep 21 with 2529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I agree. One small point, though - the club is challenging the endless continuation of taking the knee, not the act itself which it calls "very powerful".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

SKY on 13:52 - Sep 21 with 2460 viewsrsonist

It's an enormous point. And yes, the club have been appropriately scrupulous in leaving nothing to be taken advantage of.

SKY on 13:56 - Sep 21 with 2418 viewsRangersDave

interesting that no media channels publish the statement in full, and leave out the bit about the media 'questioning' rangers decision.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

SKY on 14:00 - Sep 21 with 2365 viewsSharpy36

They have bigger fish to fry.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12077948/leyton-orient-players-tes

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

SKY on 14:04 - Sep 21 with 2338 viewsThe_Beast1976

An excellent statement from the club. That'll have the football authorities and the scumbags at Sky scrambling for cover. Well done Rangers

SKY on 14:15 - Sep 21 with 2262 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I just watched Sky and they are now reporting the entire statement. Also an interview with Warburton which backs up that we did support it but feel that it's run it's course now. They are also reporting that the teams in sixteen other games over the weekend didn't take the knee.

SKY on 14:24 - Sep 21 with 2200 viewsQPR_Nippon

Superb. Wouldn't swap our club's DoF and CEO for anyone else's.

SKY on 14:25 - Sep 21 with 2188 viewsGroveR

As statements go, that one's got a bit of chest hair on it alright.

Well done Rangers.

SKY on 14:26 - Sep 21 with 2186 viewsLongsufferingR

Hang on, look at this without the benefit of hindsight and seeing Sky's coverage on Friday. Why on earth should the club have issued that statement before the match? Plenty of other teams had decided not to make the gesture in the last couple of weeks without any reaction whatsoever, so issuing the statement before the game should not have been necessary, nor should it have been foreseen to be necessary. In fact would have drawn attention to a decision that they were absolutely entitled to make without the hypocritical fanfare that has ensued.

Personally, I don't think any criticism can rightly be aimed at the club here at all.

SKY on 14:31 - Sep 21 with 2124 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My initial feeling on Friday Night was that the club should have issued a statement beforehand, but I was wrong on that and was just feeling defensive. After all, 31 other clubs didn't, so why should we have?

Plus, I think this has worked out fairly well - Rangers have said that they supported it, but now feel it's run it's course, and the drive to eradicate racism has gotten an extra boost through the publicity given to their excellent statement.

SKY on 14:35 - Sep 21 with 2088 viewsMick_S

Agree with this, Brian. Fantastic response by the club.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

SKY on 14:42 - Sep 21 with 2037 viewsQPR_Nippon

Yep, completely agree - and that was my initial feeling too.

SKY on 14:46 - Sep 21 with 2016 viewspaulparker

I would for matters relating on the pitch

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

SKY on 14:50 - Sep 21 with 1975 viewsQPR_Nippon

The on the pitch issues date back way further than Hoos and Ferdinand though.

SKY on 14:58 - Sep 21 with 1904 viewsnoauthority

Proud of that statement. Complete sense.

SKY on 14:59 - Sep 21 with 1900 viewsMalintabuk

But a fanfare as ensued 10 pages alone on here and the club having to explain their actions after a negative reaction
Like all businesses I assume we have someone doing our PR and instead of handling it a positive way the club is now having to explain itself which is always a negative stance
They must have known or should have known on a Sky main broadcast not doing it would be noted
So why not do what they did today explain why they are not doing it and then out line how we move on from the start outlining what we will do to continue the cause and what we have done.
Sorry it is quite naive to think without a qualifying statement before the match that our actions would not be seen in a negative way

SKY on 15:13 - Sep 21 with 1834 viewsqprd

I wouldn’t have issued a statement ... let the story die on its own

Really a disgusting piece of “journalism” and whoever is involved with this at sky should be ashamed of themselves. Don’t use this serious issue as a vapid content filler between your gambling ads

SKY on 15:18 - Sep 21 with 1803 viewskensalriser

10/10 for that statement.

I fully support BLM and taking the knee. Less keen on gestures that become meaningless because they're an orthodoxy that people are under social pressure to observe. Same goes for wearing poppies.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

SKY on 15:20 - Sep 21 with 1791 viewsLongsufferingR

I, like most of those watching didn't even register at the time that it hadn't happened. Only when Sky brought it up at half time did it become an issue when it hadn't for many other clubs previously. I suppose you alone thought during the first half "blimey I wish the club had made a statement about knee taking in case Sky try to make an issue of it when they haven't done so before."

SKY on 15:29 - Sep 21 with 1727 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m almost certain we didn’t take a knee in at least one game towards the end of last season too,but my memory doesn’t tell me which game it was.Obviously it wasn’t a Sky live game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024