Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 08:15 - Oct 31 with 7322 viewsspell_chekker

Is Lancaster's match away at Warrington going ahead? (FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round)

Kendal at home to Tadcaster in the league.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Non League on 21:11 - Dec 15 with 724 viewsspell_chekker

Cartmel's ground:-

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Non League on 21:30 - Dec 15 with 721 viewsspell_chekker

It looks like it's been chucking it down at Cartmel.

Non League on 21:33 - Dec 15 with 719 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Always rains there.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 15:33 - Dec 16 with 701 viewsspudgun

Game was actually at Kendal last night.

Creditable turn out from the Kendal yoof, who forsook the Kop for the main stand last night.

2-1 win for the Mintcakes against a forth division Sunday League side.

Missing the 4 Carlisle scholars, but a poor performance none the less.

Will have to significantly up their game on Saturday against the Mighty Marine...

Non League on 17:12 - Dec 16 with 698 viewsspell_chekker

Cartmel's goal was a classic.

Not to mention Kendal's equaliser.

[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 17:16]

Non League on 17:19 - Dec 16 with 697 viewsspell_chekker

It looks like Marine answered the call.

Non League on 18:03 - Dec 16 with 691 viewsspudgun

Haha! Hadn`t seen that clip - low level scuffling of the highest order!

The keeper is a pal of young spud`s from uni where he plays on the wing for the second XI bit he was trialling as a keeper.

He is from Watford and got a pro contract as a keeper there before getting a bad injury - he is still followed on twitter by Ighalo and Delfeau apparently ( ), and used to be part of the first team squad in training.
Kendal manager was so impressed he paid his travelling expenses from London to play last night!!

The game against Marine is a league game - if it didn`t go ahead (still might not, both teams have got to agree to it) then the friendly will be against Lancaster City!

Non League on 18:49 - Dec 16 with 689 viewsspell_chekker

I'd rather the Lancaster game.

BTW the number 8 is a big farmer's boy.

ttps://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/646866932709367808/YtB8PM7g.jpg

Non League on 12:22 - Dec 19 with 679 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 19:15 - Dec 19 with 672 viewsspell_chekker

Oh dear.

Spurs now quaking in their boots.

Non League on 20:52 - Dec 19 with 667 viewsspudgun

Didn`t know it was 4-0, I left shortly before the end at 2-0.

The manager brought himself on at 0-0 and made three positional changes to accommodate it - with disastrous consequences. It looked for all the world a 0-0 until then.

Had the privilege of the Kendal yoof joining me in the main stand in the first half because of the horizontal hailstorm. One of their favourites was "Tottenham are gonna f*** you up" to the Marine manager in the dugout to our immediate right.

I suspect they will be proved right on that.

As I left the ground I passed 3 or 4 of them away from the main group all looking concerned, and one teenager was on his phone crying and pleading with his mum to let him stay out later - it was 4.40pm.

The last words I heard was:

"I don`t want to come home now - you ruin all my fun"!!!

Crikey Kendal must be a grim place if that passes for fun for a teenager!

Hey ho! Clitheroe on Tuesday...

Non League on 11:53 - Dec 20 with 656 viewsspell_chekker

I think I posted this in the summer when you were on your East Lancs preseason tour.

Worth a visit.

Temporary change of premises due to covid

https://dbyrne-finewines.co.uk/

Non League on 19:23 - Dec 22 with 642 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 19:24 - Dec 22 with 642 viewsspell_chekker

Kendal only going with 3 subs.

Non League on 20:33 - Dec 22 with 638 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 20:52 - Dec 22 with 635 viewsspell_chekker

Attendance announced as 375, the covid maximum.

I wonder how many they usually get?

Non League on 21:05 - Dec 22 with 631 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

That's one hell of a family gathering. Hope Spud took his banjo along to fit in.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 21:43 - Dec 22 with 627 viewsspell_chekker

The crowd?

Non League on 21:43 - Dec 22 with 626 viewsspell_chekker

Finished 1 - 1.

Clitheroe missed a pen.

Non League on 21:45 - Dec 22 with 625 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 09:56 - Dec 23 with 614 viewsspudgun

Good point for Kendal last night against a top of the table team. Young spud was talking to a former Lancaster team mate (a very good young player) before the game who couldn`t even make the Clitheroe match day squad last night.

Very impressed with Clitheroe - well organised club, decent ground, and good support - and an excellent non-league dog called Gyp, a border collie who watches the game stood up with his paws on the barrier. I`m sure I`ve seen a photo of him from Jane somewhere.

Kendal only took three subs because the four Carlisle scholars/pros were unavailable last night.

Good photo of the Clitheroe centre halves there spell!

Non League on 10:50 - Dec 23 with 609 viewsspell_chekker

Clitheroe in 5th.

I knew Ramsbottom were top. Kendal played them away just before lockdown 2 was brought in.

Next up is 3rd placed Colne on Saturday. Then Widnes followed by 4th placed Dunston.

When you take into account last weekend's game against Marine, it's been a tough run of fixtures.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/northern-premier-league-north-west-division/l
[Post edited 23 Dec 2020 10:54]

Non League on 17:36 - Dec 23 with 602 viewsspudgun

Yep, tough run they`re on.

Against the top teams (Ramsbottom, Workington and Clitheroe) strangely they have managed creditable draws.

Simon Grayson was involved with the pre-match and half-time team talks again. He is unbeaten in two now...

Non League on 19:26 - Dec 23 with 598 viewsspell_chekker

Listed as a manager here:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Kendal_Town_F.C._managers

Non League on 13:10 - Dec 24 with 589 viewsspudgun

Colne v Kendal on livestream for £5.

Mmmm...

Probably safer than risking it in East Lancs again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024