Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 08:15 - Oct 31 with 7326 viewsspell_chekker

Is Lancaster's match away at Warrington going ahead? (FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round)

Kendal at home to Tadcaster in the league.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Non League on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 761 viewsspell_chekker

After the Brittany Spears' song I would imagine.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Non League on 20:32 - Jan 19 with 755 viewsspell_chekker

A Cumbrian god in his own lunchtime.

He's being interviewed via Skype or some other thing.

Even though, I can't understand what he's on about.

He's probably a chancer who's made good on a golden mile stall followed by an alignment with Trumpist policies.

Oh dear.

Non Lnetague on 20:35 - Jan 19 with 754 viewsspell_chekker

Interview interrupted by an advert for a window cleaner proposing his services (for neglected wives perhaps) in Workington.

Non Lnetague on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 752 viewsspell_chekker

Interview resumes.

More "unintelligible dog" than "mad dog".

Non Lnetague on 20:44 - Jan 19 with 750 viewsspell_chekker

The interview has finished.

Both interviewer and unintelligible dog thank each other.

Result: we all know everything about everything.

P.S. Radio Cumbria are slightly excited about Barrow's signing of Devitt. However, they are mainly (quite rightly) orgasmic about the fortunes of Carlisle United.

P.S. They are currently broadcasting the same Jennifer Lopez song that they did a few minutes ago.

Goodnight.

I need a shower.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 20:48]

Non Lnetague on 10:05 - Jan 20 with 734 viewsspudgun

Haha!

Me and young spud listened to it whilst watching footy on telly. apparently he`s a gypsy who lives in a caravan in Morecambe (it is believed).

He seems blissfully unaware of the Covid guidelines which he appears to be breaking and broadcasts on the radio, and generally talks bobbins about everything.

Young spud kept saying "That`s not true" after most things he said!

Anyway, Young Spud says he`s actually a top bloke, and he has walked past me at the ground and said "Hello" both times so I like him as well!

Non Lnetague on 15:32 - Jan 22 with 715 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non Lnetague on 18:53 - Jan 22 with 705 viewsImperial

Is this the end for the National league as we know it, I think so.

Teams can move down into regional leagues. Yes the gulf between league and non league will grow but clubs will survive with the possible exception of teams that cannot shrink their operations Notts County and Chesterfield for instance.

The football league will not care, they have a mountain of problems on the horizon and it will be in their interests to lock in clubs by removing relegation.

Non Lnetague on 20:47 - Jan 22 with 701 viewsspell_chekker

The opposite end of the scale to the European Super League.

Non Lnetague on 09:02 - Jan 23 with 694 viewsspudgun

Chorley gave a great account of themselves against Wolves last night.

Young spud reminded me whilst watching the game, that Lancaster City beat Chorley 1-0 in a pre-season match this season.

Non Lnetague on 13:07 - Feb 17 with 656 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sad story

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-56088687

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non Lnetague on 18:13 - Feb 17 with 644 viewsspudgun

What a terrible shame for a fit young fella to get such an awful illness.

Similar happened to a Lancaster player the season before last - he was only 30...

Non Lnetague on 18:47 - Feb 17 with 642 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, a sad story.

On another note, I remember Spud saying that Longridge are quite an ambitious club at the moment.

Non Lnetague on 19:53 - Feb 17 with 640 viewsspudgun

They are indeed, spell.

An up and coming non-league club who, if not for Covid, would have had at least one promotion.

They get good attendances and look to be very well run and play really good passing football - I have watched them a few times.

I know a bit about them because they have approached Lancaster three times for young spud, but he didn`t want to drop down 2 levels so said `no` twice, and Felly said `no` for the third one.

I think he rather regrets it now...

Non Lnetague on 14:15 - Feb 19 with 630 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Non Lnetague on 14:20 - Feb 19 with 628 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Someone's not happy

Non Lnetague on 15:07 - Feb 19 with 620 viewsspudgun

Yep, tough on those at the top, but that`s the way the cookie crumbles.

Now if they had been rock bottom...

Non Lnetague on 17:02 - Feb 19 with 616 viewsspell_chekker

The most important thing is the survival of the clubs. You can't cater to everyone.

Whichever way you do it, there are going to be short term gains and losses for specific teams in promotion and relegation issues.

For example: last season, Tranmere was an a team that had to swallow a bitter relegation pill on points per game. They'd just started to hit their stride and had a great chance of staying up.

Pity.

Non League on 17:03 - Feb 19 with 615 viewsspell_chekker

If the decision to curtail the season helps to save as many clubs as possible then it's got my backing.

Non League on 15:30 - Feb 22 with 601 viewsspudgun

Young spud got a call today from the manager saying he has "heard" that non-league training will be given the green light today to commence again, and has said the first session is tomorrow night!!

We`ll see...

Non League on 16:13 - Feb 22 with 595 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Covid-19 lockdown: Football, golf and tennis to return in England from 29 March

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/56151863

Non League on 17:58 - Feb 22 with 590 viewsspell_chekker

Well, well, well, chocks away.

Non League on 18:46 - Feb 22 with 587 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"Junior, fire up the Spudmobile...."

BTW did you notice the Morecombe Blackpool youth match was played ay Kendal's ground

Non League on 19:15 - Feb 22 with 581 viewsspudgun

No, I missed that.

Kendal could do with Brad Holmes...

Non League on 20:10 - Feb 22 with 572 viewsspell_chekker

Mad Dog must be foaming at the mouth with the prospect of a restart.

Woof, woof.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024