Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non League 08:15 - Oct 31 with 7351 viewsspell_chekker

Is Lancaster's match away at Warrington going ahead? (FA Trophy 3rd Qualifying Round)

Kendal at home to Tadcaster in the league.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Non League on 10:20 - Apr 11 with 822 viewsspudgun

Yep, he was quite a prospect a few stones ago!

First saw him playing for Man Utd (against young spud) when he was about 11 or so. He was then in the same Lancashire U16 team as him that got to the National Cup Final (with Myles Boney).

Will need a rigorous pre -season...

Non League on 20:05 - Apr 11 with 813 viewsspell_chekker

I don't know who it is but I reckon he should start laying off the pies.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Non League on 21:05 - Apr 11 with 811 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 21:08 - Apr 11 with 809 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Non League on 07:21 - Apr 12 with 796 viewsspudgun

Look on the highlights from 5.50 for a shocking "they don`t take any prisoners at this level" tackle from spudling.

Son Heung-Min would still be on the floor now...

Non League on 18:30 - Apr 12 with 782 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 18:34 - Apr 12 with 779 viewsspell_chekker

Slightly agricultural, that challenge.

It was called a haymaker in my day.

Did he learn how to do that from Grayson?

Also, I noticed the sly Kendal tactic: confuse the opposition by playing the number 2 at left back - light years ahead of the likes of Guardiola.

Non League on 19:40 - Apr 12 with 773 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Bamber Bridge players are carrying more timber than the new forest

The Mintcakes need a new keeper

Spudling's assault should be on the "shame" thread

Non League on 20:18 - Apr 12 with 770 viewsspell_chekker

The tackle. Where did he buy the pink outfit from?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ec43ef1b3264c4642f31b06b0679c774/tenor.gif?itemi

Non League on 20:56 - Apr 12 with 764 viewsspudgun

It`s dog eat dog at that level.

Apparently he is pals with the other lad!

After the game as all the players were leaving, the gypsy chairman appeared on the roof of the main stand (about 25ft up) pretending to play air guitar. Nobody knew how he got up there or what he was so happy about.

I think he probably deserves his own thread...

Non League on 22:00 - Apr 13 with 751 viewsspell_chekker

Non League on 19:48 - Apr 17 with 729 viewsspell_chekker

Nothing happening this weekend?

Non League on 07:27 - Apr 18 with 720 viewsspudgun

Kendal played against Carlisle u23s on Tuesday evening (lost 3-0), and play Morecambe U23s on Tuesday.

Young spud`s attention this weekend has turned to cricket...

Non League on 22:55 - Apr 27 with 710 viewsspell_chekker

I didn't know there was a Kendal United.

There's a rivalry if ever I saw one.

Jolly hockeysticks!!

Non League on 13:31 - Apr 28 with 698 viewsspudgun

Never heard of them, spell.

They must be a vastly inferior little club living in the shadow of their mighty neighbours - a bit like Everton.

To bring you up to date, Kendal beat Morecambe Reserves 2-1 last week in what was a very good performance. Four very decent new players have been signed, and the team played to a structure and looked coherent for a change.

Then they lost last night 2-0 to Millom.

Didn`t see that one as young spud was denied permission to play by Felly and recalled to Lancaster City for their first training session (they have the Lancashire FA challenge Cup Final in a month`s time, held over from last season).

Will be interesting to see how non league clubs cut their cloth this season, and whether they will make an effort to reduce player wages to balance the Covid books...

Edit to add: Lancaster have just announced their friendlies beginning in July, and the FA Challenge Cup has now been re-scheduled for July/August.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2021 18:51]

Non League on 20:11 - Apr 28 with 690 viewsspell_chekker

I checked up at the time and there was no mention anywhere of the friendly against Morecambe nor the one against Carlisle U23s the previous week.

F$^ù*ng amateurs!!

Non League on 21:03 - Apr 28 with 686 viewsspudgun

https://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/19249385.kendal-town-fc-see-second-

Just for you, spell...

Non League on 21:50 - Apr 28 with 684 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

It's called non league for a reason

Non League on 15:46 - May 8 with 652 viewsspudgun

Just heard (on pretty good authority) that Wyre Villa in the West Lancs league Division 1, will have a wage bill of £4000 per week next season!!!

They have already signed several "big name" ex AFC Fylde players and others, and Ritchie Allen as manager.

Absolutely astonishing if true.

That is more than Lancaster City`s budget - 5 leagues higher - I believe!

Unbelievable....

Non League on 16:20 - May 8 with 649 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey’

Non League on 02:49 - May 10 with 636 viewsspell_chekker

I had to google Ritchie Allen.

Someone with too much money must be bankrolling the whole thing. Why, oh why, I wouldn't know.

A quick look tells me that Wyre Villa ply their trade in the division below Wren Rovers, Lytham Town, and Poulton.

I must admit though, when you look at the teams in the same league, there are some good days out:

http://www.westlancashireleague.co.uk/club-info?division_id=452242

Non League on 07:49 - May 10 with 627 viewsspudgun

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-cit

He`s a bit of a prat!

I can only think the money is coming from the sale of their ground to a building company recently. I will probably get the full story over the next week.

As young spud`s "super agent" I will be getting in touch with them over the next week to see if they still want him (they offered him £50 quid a game a season or so ago).

Reckon I can drive it up to £55 now...

Non League on 20:16 - Jun 1 with 584 viewsspell_chekker

Any idea which team we'll be following next season Spud?

Lancaster? Kendal?

I've got a feeling it'll be Longridge.

Non League on 17:34 - Jun 2 with 564 viewsspudgun

Difficult to say, spell.

We will certainly be supporting Lancaster in pre-season as they have asked him to sign again, but from there who knows?

As his "super agent" I just can`t disclose any more at this stage...

Non League on 20:07 - Jun 2 with 556 viewsspell_chekker

Apart from the footy, the destinations and grounds are great.

Love it.

I suppose if you get too low down the ladder you're playing on the equivalent of Fisher's Field which isn't all that interesting but these grounds are ace.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had Mino Raiola on the phone with a bid from East Lancs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024