Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton and Hill 17:07 - Feb 23 with 6134 viewsstevenagehoop

Interesting given how some people see Clint as a hero and Barton as a villain that they have teamed up again at Bristol Rovers.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Barton and Hill on 17:14 - Feb 23 with 3599 viewsMyke

I was thinking the very same thing. Just goes to show we haven't got a clue what is happening on the inside. Hill could be just a big a jerk as Barton, but because he conducted himself better and was always committed to the cause, our perceptions of the two are completely different

Barton and Hill on 17:15 - Feb 23 with 3597 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

One of them called us a tinpot club.

One of them called us a a club holding a special place in his heart.

I don't dislike Barton because he's an arsehole, I dislike Barton because he was a arsehole to us. No one dislikes Gallen, Marsh, or Adel despite some serious character flaws do they?
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 17:18]

Barton and Hill on 17:16 - Feb 23 with 3594 viewsPinnerPaul

Sort of been discussed before.

Mackie in weekly contact with Barton, Ned Onuhua couldn't stand him, but had time for Hughes who Mackie hated!

Obviously a lot goes on we don't see!

Barton and Hill on 17:25 - Feb 23 with 3548 viewsstevenagehoop

Working with on a daily basis slightly more than having weekly contact but interesting that Mackie, another QPR player held in high regard by fans and Hill seem to have appreciated his worth whilst he was with us.

Barton and Hill on 17:28 - Feb 23 with 3528 viewsJuzzie

The fact Barton & Hill seem to get on doesn't change the fact I think Barton is a knob.

Barton and Hill on 17:31 - Feb 23 with 3500 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Same as that.

It does change what I think of Hill, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton and Hill on 17:40 - Feb 23 with 3454 viewsstevenagehoop

Yes, that’s the interesting point that a number of our hard working pros don’t appear to see him as a ‘knob’- from memory neither did Shaun Derry who is held in high regard - football’s a funny old game.

Barton and Hill on 17:58 - Feb 23 with 3387 viewsTGRRRSSS

We can all agree we hate Hughes, it's something we can agree with Barton on!.

Barton and Hill on 18:10 - Feb 23 with 3332 views2Thomas2Bowles

I don't

What's the question again

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Barton and Hill on 18:11 - Feb 23 with 3332 viewsBoston

Surely most of us are friendly with someone who is generally viewed dimly by others? My ‘best mate’ when I was 17/18/19 was a right problem, but we got along great.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 18:12]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barton and Hill on 18:13 - Feb 23 with 3328 viewsdaveB

Austin speaks highly of Joey Barton as well.

I think Joey was a terrible signing for us but not everything he did was wrong whilst he was at the club and he did play a big part in us eventually going up just as he did plenty wrong to ensure we went straight back down.

Things often seem to be black or white these days. Those who hate Joey Barton or Harry Redknapp will not hear a good word said about them and dismiss anything good they did at the club. There is a balance though, some of these characters are not the devils they are made out to be.

Ultimately you have to blame the owners for bringing these people to the club in the first place. if you give an arsonist a match and some petrol you can get angry at them when they burn your house down but the you need to look at yourself as well. (By yourself I mean the football club rather than any individual reading this)

Barton and Hill on 18:13 - Feb 23 with 3313 viewsgazza1

Barton is OK.....one of our best players during his time here. Wanted to win which is more than be said about many of them.

His mates are decent people and whilst Barton has done a few naughty things (havent we all??) I would imagine that he is a very good mate indeed.

Lots of people are well OTT with regards to Barton.

Barton and Hill on 18:28 - Feb 23 with 3276 viewsloftboy

Tend to agree with most of that, not sure about being the best but he always put a shift in, he is an arsehole though for what he is saying about a club that paid him well and gave him a second chance after his sending off.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Barton and Hill on 18:30 - Feb 23 with 3258 viewsbosh67

It's very difficult to judge. More of a Jekyll and Hyde relationship I suspect. People get along for all sorts of reasons.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barton and Hill on 18:33 - Feb 23 with 3241 viewsgazza1

Not heard him slag the club but if he did then I would expect it to be emotions.....he knows what the inner workings of the Team and Club at the time and I saw on the pitch and he did not shirk his responsivities.........however the supporters appear to know better and slag him big time so he, maybe, retaliated by slagging the club which is stupid but that is what he is.

Barton and Hill on 18:35 - Feb 23 with 3228 viewsgazza1

Barton would not have decent friends, which we all think he does in Clint Hill, Mackie, etc, and be a bad person....they would fxxx him right off.

Barton and Hill on 18:50 - Feb 23 with 3168 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bit simplistic. Only a fool would not recognise that Barton has enormous issues with his temper and a lack of self control - whether that be with his mouth or his fists (or head). It's got him into serious trouble on a number of occasions, and he's frequently shown he simply cannot control himself on a football field (and off it). Does that make him a 'bad person' (whatever that is)? I don't know, but it's not an excuse. Most people don't have a rap sheet like him, do they?

Yes he tried - most of the time - but he was also pretty poor on a lot of occasions too. No one shed a tear when he was hauled off in the Liverpool game, for example - although i admit I admired the way he fought back to recover some form before his frankly unforgivable implosion at City.

If you haven't seen or heard him slagging off the club, while at Marseille or more recently, you've not been paying attention, gaz.

Not sure why I'm still posting on Barton threads, really. I don't really care what he's doing, and if Clint and Mackie and the rest think he's a solid gold geezer it's no business of mine.

Bare bones.

Barton and Hill on 18:53 - Feb 23 with 3152 viewsGloucs_R

Anyone else read his book? He's a complex character.

Just read that Ale Faurlin is wishing them good luck....
[Post edited 23 Feb 2021 18:55]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Barton and Hill on 18:57 - Feb 23 with 3126 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Think its fair to say that Barton is a wrong un. The amount of trouble that he has been in, both on and off the pitch would suggest that. His family are wrong uns as well. His brother is doing time for a racist murder. And his dad is no angel. Maybe what the likes of Hill, Derry etc saw in him, is that although he wasnt half as good a footballer as he thought he was, he did always give it his all. Which I think, as they weren't the most gifted of players and so made up for it with the effort that they put in, it is something that is very important to them. And i think its fair to say at that time, we had a LOT of players that didn't give anywhere near " their all"

Barton and Hill on 19:05 - Feb 23 with 3087 viewsstevenagehoop

Factually 93 appearances 3 straight reds

Barton and Hill on 19:10 - Feb 23 with 3050 viewsgazza1

There were plenty of footballers, back in the day, who were just like Barton, today they are not because they prefer to feign injury which is worse than giving someone a slap!!! He is aggressive both on and off the pitch - some are. I dont hold that against him and I am sure it is for two reasons, one he was provoked and two he is a winner. He probably does have a few anger issues.

As for his performances for us.....he was decent enough to be handed the captains bank, to be selected whenever fit, and to be a leader on the pitch and respected by all accounts. He lost it at City but I prefer that they going into a shell and hiding.

Seen a few comments on here about him slagging the Club but not actually seen him do it but as I said it was probably emotions if he did do it.

Do you think proper blokes like Hill & Mackie& Faulin and there are more would support him if he was a 'wrong en'? I doubt it very much indeed.

Barton and Hill on 19:17 - Feb 23 with 3021 viewsaston_hoop

I dont know any of these people personally and dont care to. I liked Hill as a player, I didnt like Barton.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barton and Hill on 19:18 - Feb 23 with 3006 viewsgazza1

Why didnt you like Barton??

Barton and Hill on 19:19 - Feb 23 with 3009 viewsaston_hoop

I didnt think he was a particularly good player for us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Barton and Hill on 19:23 - Feb 23 with 2983 viewsgazza1

Well, you couldn't of liked many of our players over the last few years because we have had some proper limited players wearing the Hoops. I would not class Barton as one of those.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024