Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell 16:32 - Jan 18 with 45696 viewsaston_hoop

Off to Brum

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Dozzell on 20:46 - Jan 18 with 3326 viewsLazyFan

For Washout, that's not what Wikipedia says ... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conor_Washington
It says his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. Meaning we paid him to go away. He then went to Sheff Utd and scored .... zero goals and was let go after one season!

If Dozzy is paid for by Brum and then his contract runs out, this is a saving. As we don't have to pay him to go away. Worse for him as if he does nothing (which we know will happen, except against us), they won't sign him, and he's in the land of Luke Amos.

Just think on this, Amos scored 8 goals for QPR in 95 games, compared to Dozzell got 2 goals in 88 outings. Compared to Dom Ball who got us 2 goals in 99 games and Ball cost us nothing (also cost Ipswich nothing too)!

We should never have let Dom Ball go, at least he managed to get up and down the pitch and we could have the crazy situation of Dom Ball running around like a mad chicken at Old Trafford next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

Dozzell on 20:50 - Jan 18 with 3280 viewsCamberleyR

Yeah, I've checked again and you're right, the extra game is for an additional sending off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Dozzell on 21:00 - Jan 18 with 3180 viewsPunteR

He'll do his best, I'm sure of that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Dozzell on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 2977 viewsCiderwithRsie

I applaud your effort as I think it's worth doing, but in the end, that really doesn't amount to much does it?

If we need to chuck stuff overboard to meet FFP as Clive suggests - and I bet he's right - I'm afraid Dozzell has to be fairly high on the list, irrespective of whether or not we get any money for him.

Dozzell on 21:25 - Jan 18 with 2962 viewsNorthernr

Wikipedia is wrong on that trust me.

Dozzell on 21:26 - Jan 18 with 2938 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Like I said, it hasn’t worked and it’s time for him to go.

Dozzell on 21:41 - Jan 18 with 2804 viewsGloucs_R

1 down, 18 more to go.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dozzell on 21:45 - Jan 18 with 2754 viewsOakR

I'm in the minority that think he is decent. Hasn't really workedout for us, but can see him doing well for a team with a more mobile forward line. I'm not disappointed he is going, but would have been fine if he stayed.

As we stand though, it's a good move for us, if it frees up wages so we can sign someone else. We have cover in midfield IMO.

I'd prefer if we could bring in a striker if we do free up wages, as that should be our priority and our best chance of staying up.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dozzell on 21:52 - Jan 18 with 2674 viewslave16

Transfer News and QPR - sure its rarer than hens teeth...

I wish Dozzell all the best - it hasn't really worked out as either party planned but at least he didn't over work the physio... He is definitely a talented individual who's talents we never worked out how to take advantage off.

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Dozzell on 21:52 - Jan 18 with 2671 viewsNed_Kennedys

Forget the finances: everyone knows this is a good move!

Dozzell on 21:57 - Jan 18 with 2638 viewsAntti_Heinola

I understand the love for Dom, but the constant pining for him may be the most baffling phenomenon of recent years. Warbs was pilloried for signing him, he was a bit part player, as he has been at Ipswich and everywhere else he’s been in fact. Says much i suppose about the players we do have that he’s held in such high regard. Field was signed as an upgrade and was and is a significant upgrade. How low the bar is that simply trying his best has made him do missed.

Bare bones.

Dozzell on 22:10 - Jan 18 with 2537 viewscolinallcars

Andre Dozzell - gone but not forgotten

Taylor Richards - forgotten but not gone

Dozzell on 22:18 - Jan 18 with 2477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not sure yet, Ned.

I hope so, but we can't be sure yet.

We've just lost one of our very few midfielders, and if we don't replace him then we are by definition worse off then we were before.

So, we're not sure yet.

Also, we have no idea how this impacts our FFP situation, or might be driven by it.

So, we're not sure yet.

This reminds me of watching Rangers games with my Dad.

"Take him off!" was his mantra.
"Ya, but would you bring on?"
"Sure we must have someone better then him"
"Have we?"
[Post edited 18 Jan 22:19]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell on 22:23 - Jan 18 with 2422 viewsLblock

I still don’t get why some people are agonising over needing a replacement for this cowardly ghost

I’m totally aware that our yoot set up has produced less than a gelded man in fertility clinic but…. I’d sooner play a few of them for a couple of games each so we know. If any of them don’t spend 90 mins hiding then they’ll have contributed more than him.

Really hope he’s at the other end of the M40 now clinking glasses with his agent
Best bit of news so far this season

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Dozzell on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 2405 viewsDorse

You, Sir, have crossed the line.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dozzell on 22:31 - Jan 18 with 2354 viewsjoolsyp

Can't imagine we can afford Tim back on loan but I bet he'd thrive under Marti. He had his weaknesses but hiding wasn't one of them.

Dozzell on 22:33 - Jan 18 with 2328 viewsParkRoyalR

We just cannot be worse off,

We have a ready made replacement who is superior in every facet required in Dozzell's position in Ilias Chair,

Chair is scoring 1 goal in 11 and arguably a reason for our poor final pass / end product in the final third,

Chair for Dozzell in the middle is a huge upgrade, we have enough 2me2you wall passers at the back, we won't miss another in the midfield.

Free Illy and we could save our season.

Dozzell on 22:40 - Jan 18 with 2266 viewsnumptydumpty

Dom Ball was a limited midfielder who tried hard and seemed to fit the mould of"he would be one of the boys on the terraces" so gained status thus.

He was of the ilk of a Jimmy Dunne or Ossie Kakay mould which our fans have fonder memories of once they have left.

Our supporters do tend like these kind of characters even if as footballers they can be quite shit.

Being a QPR fan does damage to one's brain cells !!

Bring back Dom.

I think also with Dom Ball, his name itself gives some fans an association with a slight nutcase who plays hard but plays for the shirt...

That's my Freudian analysis of memories of an average ex player who when heard is actually quite posh...🤣🤣🤣
[Post edited 18 Jan 22:42]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dozzell on 22:43 - Jan 18 with 2239 viewsessextaxiboy

The clear out has started ...cheerio old chap

Dozzell on 22:50 - Jan 18 with 2180 viewsmart_Goblin

I’ve downgraded this in error . Big apologies .

I totally agree

Dozzell on 22:57 - Jan 18 with 2115 viewsBurnleyhoop

Get Kolli and Pedder into the mix, really can’t be any worse than Dozzell.

Dozzell on 22:59 - Jan 18 with 2094 viewsnumptydumpty

I think Marti has also tried Paal and Larkeche in midfield also.

But perhaps even though MC is feted as a 4 - 3- 3 man.

So that would be Colback Field Dixon Bonner.

But perhaps if Dykes Armstrong Chair Smyth and Willock and four of those five start that alludes to
4 - 2 - 3 - 1.

Good move I feel.

I believe his wages were high also.

Birmingham are really intending to be in relegation contention clearly. Laird Sanderson Roberts Dozzell.

Quality
[Post edited 18 Jan 22:59]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Dozzell on 23:10 - Jan 18 with 2032 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not against releasing him, Park. I'm not for it either.

My earlier post sums up where I stand.

As of now, our incredibly thin squad is another player down and we're unsure of our FFP status.

This move may help us on one front in that it might help us to bring a player in, or it might help us on the other front as regards FFP, or neither, or both.

We'll know more soon if this was a good move on either front.

It's way too early to call.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Dozzell on 23:25 - Jan 18 with 1950 viewsLoftgirl

What's happening with Luke Freeman?

Dozzell on 23:50 - Jan 18 with 1842 viewsParkRoyalR

I get what you're saying Brian but Dozzell epitomizes the problem with this team, just doesn't even have the desire to run 10 yards to be an option for a return pass,

If Field or Colback get a ban or are injured (in that order) we have Dixon Bonner and possibly JCS who can play in the 2 but I'm just hoping it forces the Managers hand with Chair as saw enough in Armstrong on Sunday (which I hadn't seen before) to say he can start on the left and free up Ilias.

We now need players with fight + energy and only ever saw that once in Dozzell, at home to Watford last season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024