Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alistair Campbell 12:55 - May 28 with 246 viewsLala

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-48434842

The cluster f continues.

Would you have done the same in his shoes?

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Alistair Campbell on 13:21 - May 28 with 244 viewsHannibal

He’s an attention seeking prat. He’s obviously deeply worried about Labour actually being Labour and to say he’s Labour but vote for another party is absurd. His former boss needs to STFU too, his time is gone and his credibility is zero yet he can’t seem to stop himself having a dig at any given opportunity. They are both about as far from being Labour as it’s possible to be.

Poll: Which Tory is your choice for leader?

Alistair Campbell on 13:24 - May 28 with 239 viewsLala

You’re not keen then H

Alistair Campbell on 13:27 - May 28 with 235 viewsHannibal

Is it that obvious?🤔

No I’m not a fan of anyone who professes to be something they are clearly not then attempt to undermine the very thing they say they love. Unprincipled scrote in my opinion.

Alistair Campbell on 13:37 - May 28 with 227 viewsLala

I agree it is somewhat odd to be a member of a party and then vote for the opposition 🤔 Kind of makes you think he’s probably a member of the wrong party to begin with.

Unprincipled scrote, I like that. Think I know a few to be honest.
[Post edited 28 May 2019 13:38]

Alistair Campbell on 13:39 - May 28 with 224 viewsspudgun

Don`t know the full story, but it seems a tad harsh to me.

We are in unchartered political territory and unusual bed mates are thrown up due to the distorting lens of Brexit, and Campbell`s decision to tactically vote LibDem seemed to be an example of this.

Generally not fan of Campbell as I find him rude and bad mannered during discussions; he constantly hectors other panellists.

However I unexpectedly warmed to him on the recent programme which candidly documented his mental health struggle...

Alistair Campbell on 13:44 - May 28 with 220 viewsLala

Yes his mental health struggles have always drawn me to him rightly or wrongly.

You’re right Spud. Politics are all over the place at the mo and it’s quite scary when you think that the one thing we need, being stability, is the furthest from what we have, and may not have for some considerable time yet.

Alistair Campbell on 15:07 - May 28 with 208 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Hundreds of thousands - maybe over a million - people voted for a party other than their own on Thursday.

I don't see why he should be singled out just because he admitted to it on TV. They would do better to ask themselves why this happened rather than react like this.Talk about shooting the messenger.....

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Alistair Campbell on 15:34 - May 28 with 197 viewsspudgun

It`s rather a shame they didn`t act so promptly regarding anti-Semetism.

*With a conspiratorial nod to TangerineNige*...
[Post edited 28 May 2019 16:09]

Alistair Campbell on 15:43 - May 28 with 194 viewsLala

A very good point indeed Spud 👍

Alistair Campbell on 15:55 - May 28 with 192 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Right message (well I would say that being a remain supporter), but the wrong messenger. For various reasons he'll never appeal to voters you need to convince to change their minds.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Alistair Campbell on 16:23 - May 28 with 181 viewsspudgun

I wonder whether Change UK will be contemplating the same for Heidi Allen?

I think she advocated tactical voting before the election - much to Anna Soubry`s surprise...

Alistair Campbell on 16:30 - May 28 with 178 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Spud

The only party they will have left next week is a dinner party no one wants to be invited to. (Even if I've got the hots for Heidi Allen)

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Alistair Campbell on 16:40 - May 28 with 173 viewsLala

Alistair Campbell on 16:43 - May 28 with 172 viewsspudgun

Red, I think we can all agree that Heidi Allen is vanilla flavoured and has a certain cross party appeal...

Alistair Campbell on 17:01 - May 28 with 169 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Yup she should start the British Democrat Social Movement party.

Alistair Campbell on 17:40 - May 28 with 161 viewsspell_chekker

I'm going to have to google Heidi Allen now.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Alistair Campbell on 18:23 - May 31 with 119 viewsImperial

Help required.

My wife challenged me to name an honest , principled and competent politician. There was no chance when thinking of the Cabinet. Labour's front bench is probably worse.

Any ideas where I can find one?

Alistair Campbell on 18:26 - May 31 with 118 viewsHannibal

Caroline Lucas seems ok to me. If only the system gave other parties a chance...

Alistair Campbell on 18:33 - May 31 with 111 viewsROTTWEILERS

Jess Phillips seems a good egg

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Alistair Campbell on 18:48 - May 31 with 102 viewsImperial

Caroline Lucas seems OK but I would have to resign from the Jeremy Clarkson fan club if I used her as an example.

I had to google Jess Phillips , I have to admit I liked what I read about her straight talking.

Alistair Campbell on 19:02 - May 31 with 95 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Dominic Grieve seems like an honourable man.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Alistair Campbell on 19:07 - May 31 with 91 viewsLala

MSP Ruth Davidson seems real.

Alistair Campbell on 19:11 - May 31 with 88 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

"honest , principled and competent politician" really depends on your own views.

Alistair Campbell on 20:07 - May 31 with 70 viewsspudgun

In more conventional political times it is probably a little easier to judge those that seem decent and honourable - unless you trawl through voting records you cannot be totally sure - but under the constraints of Brexit it is a lot more difficult.

It is fiendishly difficult for MPs to be totally honourable and consistent whilst under pressure from the irrationalities of their party, their constituency vote, and wrestling with their conscience. And that is before you throw in votes of confidence and leadership election jiggery pokery.

Most of those mentioned are decent and I would add Yvette Cooper, Christine Greening, Kenneth Clarke and Kier Starmer to the list.

An interesting question is whether an MP representing a Leave constituency can still be deemed `honourable` when he still staunchly advocates Remain at all cost.

Probably a very difficult time to be an honourable MP...

Alistair Campbell on 21:36 - May 31 with 59 viewsImperial

Ok I will concede there may be some out there but they are certainly not in the majority.

The Lib Dems do not have the same image issues mainly due to their lack of presence over the last few years and an almost total clear out by the electorate.

Is there any good reason why the same fate will not befall both the Conservatives and labour?

Alistair Campbell is a nobody he is only as important as the Labour party make him and they are doing a good job of that. Everything these two poisonous parties do these days confirms their time just may be up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024