Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Green in the Mail 03:00 - Mar 12 with 17686 viewstimcocking

"Rob Green no longer appears to exist. He is not named when Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink lists his roster of goalkeepers at Queens Park Rangers during media interviews, not involved when the first-team squad trains, nowhere to be seen on matchdays.

He remains a paid employee at Loftus Road, and comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club."

Which is why we all love the daily mail...

(ps I was more having a pop at the sh!t quality of the mail than Rob Green, who's been done over by the ffp. He's been ok for us mostly, I've no problem with him per se)
[Post edited 12 Mar 2016 15:51]
Rob Green in the Mail on 07:54 - Mar 12 with 5511 viewsRuislipHoop

Do any of us really care about Rob Green ???
Rob Green in the Mail on 08:03 - Mar 12 with 5491 viewsToast_R

"Remains comfortably the best goalkeeper at the club".

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:05 - Mar 12 with 5491 viewsCHUBBS

If he doesn't play for the money he can rip up his contract and start playing again.
These clowns really do live on a different planet.
Rob Green in the Mail on 08:10 - Mar 12 with 5468 viewsDWQPR

Green's mistakes this season has cost us at least 12 points which would have seen us well into the
play off mix at least. Therefore he only has himself to blame. Nice to have a keeper like Smithies who commands his area, directs his defence, makes excellent saves and can distribute the ball, setting up good attacking positions. (Now watch him have a mare this afternoon).

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:22 - Mar 12 with 5454 viewsLowerloftLad

when your as Rich as he is and he says it's all about playing football then why not just terminate the contract and be picked up on a free ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:26 - Mar 12 with 5437 viewsBlueandWhiteRiot

Another sign the club is going in the right direction. Harry would have played so much we would have had him for another three years. I thought he was one of our better players last year. I can see why the club wanted to keep him at the end of it. Yet another player that has not been consistent. Hope he can teach the younger players at the club a few things.
Rob Green in the Mail on 08:34 - Mar 12 with 5415 viewsHadders

In spite of his obvious faults, Green played a vital role in getting us up under Redknapp, and always strikes me as a likeable and thoughtful chap. If he is being absurdly overpaid for doing effall, that`s not his fault. I like the man and wish him well wherever he ends up next year.
Rob Green in the Mail on 08:54 - Mar 12 with 5361 viewsLblock

Bluce.... may I suggest deep breathing, a darkened room and some whale music.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:01 - Mar 12 with 5341 viewsDorse

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:54 - Mar 12 by Lblock

Bluce.... may I suggest deep breathing, a darkened room and some whale music.

Not Sperm Whale music though. All that slap bass and wukku-chukka guitar will only get him riled up. Mind you, their theme to 'Good Will Hump-Back' was pretty good.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:29 - Mar 12 with 5259 viewsLblock

Sorry I've just read it (the article) and it's sickening.
This bit..."Some have suggested moves to West Ham and Crystal Palace fell through because of his wage demands. Green insists that was not the case, having agreed terms with both clubs and even passing a medical at Upton Park"...means I just HAVE to speak out.

That is simply not what I was told by a good friend of Andy Woodman. Green and Woodman are good mates and it was all set up for Green to join the Eagles but we refused to pay any contribution to the wages (how mad is that?) and Green wanted his full weekly collar. Palace said if he didn't drop down to their wage structure then no deal. The rest you know.

I agree this again shows just how mental our club has been run the last few years and there cant be many Championship clubs who've been asked to pay a sum of their players wages so he can move UP a level.

I also notice Green doesn't answer the "cancel the clause" question either.
No mention of his refusal to sign for Chelscum neither.

I never warmed to him and now I'm slowly staring to despise him as he picks up 50 large a week whilst having the craic at the rugby.
He should be out on emergency loan cover at a lower league club if he's that desperate to play. Even if that club paid a tenner a week for him to us that's something

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:33 - Mar 12 with 5251 viewsQPR_Jim

Rob Green in the Mail on 08:34 - Mar 12 by Hadders

In spite of his obvious faults, Green played a vital role in getting us up under Redknapp, and always strikes me as a likeable and thoughtful chap. If he is being absurdly overpaid for doing effall, that`s not his fault. I like the man and wish him well wherever he ends up next year.

If I was him I would terminate my contract here and go somewhere like palace where it looks like they could do with a keeper for the rest of the season. Probably be less money but he's only got a couple of months left so won't cost him much in the grand scheme of things and it will probably get him a better contract / club in the summer as well.

Your talking about someone leaving with say 5.5m in their pocket instead of 6m and then maybe earning 0.25m at another club for the remainder of the season. I'd basically say the money he'd be down isn't worth 6 months of no football given his age. If he plays and does well he'll earn a better contract than if he has sat on the bench for 6 months as well so I suppose it comes down to whether he thinks he would do well at another club.
Rob Green in the Mail on 09:38 - Mar 12 with 5234 viewsN12Hoop

I might be wrong but on a recent podcast I'm sure Smithies referred to Green as being part of the goalkeeper training group and being good to work with. Saying that, he may have been referring to when Green was 1st choice but it didn't sound that way

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:21 - Mar 12 with 5118 viewsDiscodroids

I'll miss Green, His Face and features Taut , set in the grim determination Mode of a Female GDR Sprinter in 1982 up against Evelyn Ashford Everytime one of his goal kicks bends the Pythagorean Theorem .

Ive never seen a Look like it. Actually I have, It was at my 2nd wedding when my Aunt Marge was dancing To 'I will survive ' By Gloria Gaynor after ten Voddys and carlsberg specials , and having received the news that my uncle had left her for an 25 year old that didnt have a Punani like the top of a Paul Masson Californian carafe.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:29 - Mar 12 with 5092 viewsTheBlob

His facial expression always reminded of the local idiot trying to decide whether to have a 10 piece or a 13 piece Bargain Bucket.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:33 - Mar 12 with 5080 viewsHollowayRanger

gone from hero to zero these last few years

didn't leave when he knew his time was up

let him rot

no game time let him be forgotten

should change his name to Rob Greed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:35 - Mar 12 with 5076 viewsTacticalR

I don't really have any beef with the guy. He's not like Bosingwa or SWP. He was cast aside by the club as soon as Júlio César arrived. He's prone to lapses in judgement and ridiculous errors, but despite his limitations he has also put in some great performances over the years.

Air hostess clique

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:47 - Mar 12 with 5051 viewsbosh67

He has done okay at the club. If he really really wanted to play he would have insisted on going out on loan. I have little empathy with someone on £50K a week upset because they can't get on a football field to mis-control balls and whack others into attackers and the stands.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:51 - Mar 12 with 5038 viewsDieByYourSide

the heart bleeds, it really does..

Poll: And it's hi ho

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:55 - Mar 12 with 5029 viewsfrancisbowles

Rob Green in the Mail on 09:33 - Mar 12 by QPR_Jim

If I was him I would terminate my contract here and go somewhere like palace where it looks like they could do with a keeper for the rest of the season. Probably be less money but he's only got a couple of months left so won't cost him much in the grand scheme of things and it will probably get him a better contract / club in the summer as well.

Your talking about someone leaving with say 5.5m in their pocket instead of 6m and then maybe earning 0.25m at another club for the remainder of the season. I'd basically say the money he'd be down isn't worth 6 months of no football given his age. If he plays and does well he'll earn a better contract than if he has sat on the bench for 6 months as well so I suppose it comes down to whether he thinks he would do well at another club.

Unfortunately, the loan window doesn't apply to Prem clubs. They have to move to those clubs during the transfer windows to be eligible for the 25man squad.
Rob Green in the Mail on 11:16 - Mar 12 with 4982 viewsCamberleyR

Rob Greed

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:41 - Mar 12 with 4911 viewsQPRDave

Sorry but I don't see why Greeno deserves criticism.
Good servant for this club. This is the 1st time we've heard a peep out of him, he doesn't cause trouble, same as when Julio crapsar was parachuted in front him.
If Bobby Z was our main Wembley hero, Greeno was right there next to him as a main reason we won.
Rob Green in the Mail on 11:44 - Mar 12 with 4907 viewsWatford_Ranger

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:41 - Mar 12 by QPRDave

Good servant for this club. This is the 1st time we've heard a peep out of him, he doesn't cause trouble, same as when Julio crapsar was parachuted in front him.
If Bobby Z was our main Wembley hero, Greeno was right there next to him as a main reason we won.

It's his right to sit on his ludicrous contract as most of us would in his situation.

It's not correct, however, to claim he just wants to play football. If that was really the case he'd have either left the club or agreed to have the contract clause removed. That's why it's a stupid article IMO. It's also incorrect to suggest he's still a decent goalkeeper because he's clearly not.
Rob Green in the Mail on 11:49 - Mar 12 with 4887 viewsAddinall

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:41 - Mar 12 by QPRDave

This!
Rob Green in the Mail on 11:53 - Mar 12 with 4872 viewsDieByYourSide

As a Club we've been such a soft touch since Fernandes took over it's actually made its way through to some of our supporters - being 'harsh' on a 50k/week keeper who sometimes put in passable performances but more often than not looked like he was going to cost us and often did. Come on, toughen up we don't owe him anything - he's done very well out of us.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Rob Green in the Mail on 11:56 - Mar 12 with 4861 viewsQPR_Jim

Rob Green in the Mail on 10:55 - Mar 12 by francisbowles

Unfortunately, the loan window doesn't apply to Prem clubs. They have to move to those clubs during the transfer windows to be eligible for the 25man squad.

I was suggesting he rip up his contract and lose a fraction of the money his owed from his contract not go on loan, although the 25man squad would stop him going to palace but he could join a Championship club and take a pay cut.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024