Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail 19:01 - Oct 26 with 2821 viewsdurham_exile

Team

George

MWH Chambers Smith Daniels

Hannant Skuse Chilvers Kennedy

Sears Tovide

Subs
Turner Nouble Jasper Eastman Coxe Cooper Dobra

Good to see Tovide disapppointing that neither Jasper nor Dobra start

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:52 - Oct 26 with 876 viewsTheOldOakTree

That does look like it was over the line?

I which case surely it's a goal and no penalty and no red card? I don't suppose the ref could see, but what about the lino?

When you luck is out, it's out.

Feel sorry for a young lad in his first start, thrown into a crap team and that happens.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:56 - Oct 26 with 861 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:52 - Oct 26 by TheOldOakTree

That does look like it was over the line?

I which case surely it's a goal and no penalty and no red card? I don't suppose the ref could see, but what about the lino?

When you luck is out, it's out.

Feel sorry for a young lad in his first start, thrown into a crap team and that happens.

Mick thanks for the 8 seconds of misery

It looked very unlucky.

I'm not blaming Madley for the incident but I think his performance has been crap.

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:59 - Oct 26 with 857 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:56 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Mick thanks for the 8 seconds of misery

It looked very unlucky.

I'm not blaming Madley for the incident but I think his performance has been crap.

Attendance 3,013

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:01 - Oct 26 with 851 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:59 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Attendance 3,013

Surely a penalty

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:03 - Oct 26 with 848 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:01 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Surely a penalty

Sorry guys but we are being royally shafted by Madley

That was a penalty

And surely he was the last man

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:07 - Oct 26 with 841 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:03 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Sorry guys but we are being royally shafted by Madley

That was a penalty

And surely he was the last man

Sears should have leathered that

Still we are knocking on the door

Or were

Game over now

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:08 - Oct 26 with 840 viewsBFG

Completely useless

The team is much better than they are showing

Bring back Tisdale
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:12 - Oct 26 with 824 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:08 - Oct 26 by BFG

Completely useless

The team is much better than they are showing

Bring back Tisdale

The Scunny game is already a relegation six pointer.

That is so desperately sad at this stage of the season.

Grim times indeed

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:20 - Oct 26 with 801 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:12 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

The Scunny game is already a relegation six pointer.

That is so desperately sad at this stage of the season.

Grim times indeed

Up the U's

Sears offside great strike from CD

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:32 - Oct 26 with 772 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:20 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Sears offside great strike from CD

HM should have gone three at the back at HT but he waits until five minutes from time.

Not good enough

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:36 - Oct 26 with 762 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:32 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

HM should have gone three at the back at HT but he waits until five minutes from time.

Not good enough

Humes and De Souza out says the banner.

Something must change because we are getting worse

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:37 - Oct 26 with 759 viewsburnsieespana

Sadly Mullins and Dyer have to go.
Decent people but they are naive and we are heading for the NL
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:39 - Oct 26 with 754 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:36 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

Humes and De Souza out says the banner.

Something must change because we are getting worse

If we're not going to play Jasper and Dobra they might as well go back to their respective clubs.

Would Paul Tisdale come back to this I wonder

Shocking

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:44 - Oct 26 with 733 viewsburnsieespana

We can't be sure Tisdale didn't recommend the signings made!
I have never been so saddened and depressed about the future.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:47 - Oct 26 with 725 viewswessex_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:39 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

If we're not going to play Jasper and Dobra they might as well go back to their respective clubs.

Would Paul Tisdale come back to this I wonder

Shocking

Of course he won't, he was never going to stay in the first place. Just recruited on a short-term arrangement to help the management team out. Not saying we don't need him, but unless Robbie is prepared to break the bank to get him, we can forget that option. We're in a mess on the pitch, off the pitch and in the stands if tonight's demonstrations are anything to go by...

...and yet, stupidly, like Saturday we should have scored at least 3 goals, and that with ten men for most of the match. Feel for Tovide, took one for the team there (clear penalty and straight red) to try and rescue Shamal's mistake. Benefit of hindsight you take the goal and keep all 11 on the pitch, but when instinct takes over.

Ho hum - how vital is Saturday now.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:58 - Oct 26 with 699 viewsMoor_Pinot

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:47 - Oct 26 by wessex_exile

Of course he won't, he was never going to stay in the first place. Just recruited on a short-term arrangement to help the management team out. Not saying we don't need him, but unless Robbie is prepared to break the bank to get him, we can forget that option. We're in a mess on the pitch, off the pitch and in the stands if tonight's demonstrations are anything to go by...

...and yet, stupidly, like Saturday we should have scored at least 3 goals, and that with ten men for most of the match. Feel for Tovide, took one for the team there (clear penalty and straight red) to try and rescue Shamal's mistake. Benefit of hindsight you take the goal and keep all 11 on the pitch, but when instinct takes over.

Ho hum - how vital is Saturday now.

For growing shot confidence - very.
In the grand scheme of the way things are going, no different to the next defeat. It's all about how long before something changes for the better. Currently there is no chance of or sign of that anywhere.

Moor Pinot

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:59 - Oct 26 with 694 viewsburnsieespana

Saturday is absolutely vital for a result but how does Mullins lift the team? Sadly I just don't see it happening.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:02 - Oct 26 with 684 viewsthrillseeker

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 20:47 - Oct 26 by TheOldOakTree

I can't take much more of this tension.

Not the football, obviously I'm numb to the pain of Col U losing, but have Thrillo's kids been fed at halftime?

TOOT - thanks for the concern. Kids got food just before HT
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:23 - Oct 26 with 659 viewsoxfcolu

Mullins must go. Nothing more of any value to add.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:49 - Oct 26 with 627 viewsthrillseeker

What a disaster that match was.

Mullins takes the blame - has his favourites, weird selection tonight, stands on touchline like a statue showing no direction or motivation

Chilvers by far our best player tonight

Though MWH and Kennedy did OK

As for the rest it was a night to forget

I am truly lost for words.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:55 - Oct 26 with 621 viewsbwildered

A welcome goal for Sears, however a gilt edge chance not taken in the second half might have unexpectedly could have got us level and a point which we would not have deserved but earned.
Only positive was Chilvers showing some bright touches than the bland coached into him since getting a first team spot.
Time for Turner to be given a run between the sticks has George although a good shot stopper let’s himself and the team down with some standard errors which are becoming more commonplace.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:57 - Oct 26 with 620 viewsnoah4x4

Inspired performance by Noah Chilvers. Tovide perhaps unfortunate to incur red (goal should have been prior awarded), but he looked like a fish out of water long before that. He is not the #9 solution and joins a remarkable number of U's players to be sent off on debut.

Sutton did their homework, an aggressive robust team that out muscled us at every level after the first five minutes. The Ipswich old guard are patently too slow, and the kids too fragile. Hannant is probably the worst ever player to wear a Col U shirt ever since Sunday Waisui. But at least Sunday baffled the opposition as much as his teammates.

I really don't know where we go from here. Saturday might define our season. Time we installed a Samaritans line under the South Stand?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 23:15]
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 00:30 - Oct 27 with 570 viewsdurham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 22:57 - Oct 26 by noah4x4

Inspired performance by Noah Chilvers. Tovide perhaps unfortunate to incur red (goal should have been prior awarded), but he looked like a fish out of water long before that. He is not the #9 solution and joins a remarkable number of U's players to be sent off on debut.

Sutton did their homework, an aggressive robust team that out muscled us at every level after the first five minutes. The Ipswich old guard are patently too slow, and the kids too fragile. Hannant is probably the worst ever player to wear a Col U shirt ever since Sunday Waisui. But at least Sunday baffled the opposition as much as his teammates.

I really don't know where we go from here. Saturday might define our season. Time we installed a Samaritans line under the South Stand?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2021 23:15]

Scunny is simply a must win game.

Nothing else will do.

The pressure is well and truly on.

We missed Brendan Wiredu tonight (suspended) and Eastman and Jasper and Dobra.

Sears should scored twice. Smith perhaps should have done better.

Yes George made errors but he has been keeping the score down in recent weeks.

HM must be brave Saturday and we have to win the game.

Forget all about promotion this season, mid table would be a minor miracle.

Third from bottom looks appealing after only 14 games.

Simply shocking.

Durham_exile

Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 08:38 - Oct 27 with 496 viewsTheOldOakTree

I don't think Saturday makes much difference to the season.

I would rather be bottom of the league in November than in April.

There is a lot of time to either improve drastically or to change things.

I fear we scrape a win and neither will happen and it will be another six months of the same.
Worth a Gander tonight Super U's to prevail on 21:10 - Oct 27 with 342 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Difficult to tell from the highlights whether the handball was intentional or not but if it wasn't it does seem a little harsh to concede a penalty and have a player sent off. I know that's probably the law of the game these days but does seem unfair when you can intentionally take out a player running towards goal and only get a booking. Shame for Tovide although I'm not sure was the best game to start him in given how physical the Sutton defenders were. I thought they looked like a typical League Two outfit, big and strong at the back, willing runners in midfield with a couple of pacy wingers and a target man who led the line well. I thought Kennedy did ok given the circumstances but for me Chilvers is wasted out wide and needs to be in a more central position. Wonder if Nouble will come straight back in on Saturday now. Don't know why after a win and a draw with Chambers and Eastman in the middle that we've now reverted to Smith and Chambers with Eastman on the bench.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024