Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 11:26 - Dec 29 with 13246 viewswessex_exile

Two currently doing the rounds - Wiredu might be off to Forest, presumably for a decent fee and/or player exchange, and we’re close to signing Ryan Loft from Scunnie for a reported £50k fee.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer rumours on 21:19 - Jan 31 with 1473 viewsgerry_us

Just a fundamental question.
"How the hell are we paying for these extra bodies; as gate proceeds are not helping?"

Anyone taking a pop at the Chairman should think seriously how our club would survive without him.
Transfer rumours on 21:32 - Jan 31 with 1454 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Wright joins on loan from Villa.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/january/tyreik-wright/

Winger evidently.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer rumours on 21:35 - Jan 31 with 1450 viewsburnsieespana

Been at Salford and played 18 times before Villa recalled him.
Transfer rumours on 22:15 - Jan 31 with 1421 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 21:19 - Jan 31 by gerry_us

"How the hell are we paying for these extra bodies; as gate proceeds are not helping?"

Anyone taking a pop at the Chairman should think seriously how our club would survive without him.

This exactly.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 22:22 - Jan 31 with 1416 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 21:19 - Jan 31 by gerry_us

The £1m gained from early season transfer dealings and the Cup proceeds is paying for the recent signings.

What we now have to do is start climbing the table because languishing in the bottom three for the second season running is totally unacceptable.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 08:40 - Feb 1 with 1257 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 22:22 - Jan 31 by durham_exile

The £1m gained from early season transfer dealings and the Cup proceeds is paying for the recent signings.

What we now have to do is start climbing the table because languishing in the bottom three for the second season running is totally unacceptable.

Up the U's

£1m? Who have we sold this season? Poku? Surely we didn't get that much for him.

Transfer rumours on 10:43 - Feb 1 with 1211 viewsburnsieespana

See Jasper joined Hibs on loan and they have the option of signing him at end of the loan. Assume a fee will be involved as fairly sure he signed a two year deal with Fulham before joining us
Be interested in knowing what went wrong with him staying with us.
Transfer rumours on 17:21 - Feb 3 with 1041 viewsmfb_cufc

Frankie Terry is on trial at Chelsea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10472117/Chelsea-set-sign-Fra

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours on 20:26 - Feb 3 with 999 viewsburnsieespana

Is not Uncle John in charge of the Chelsea academy?
Transfer rumours on 20:51 - Feb 3 with 993 viewsnoah4x4

Speaking of which, when is Callum Harriott on trial? He was last in Court on 30th July 2021. If found not guilty, do we still have first dibs? If guilty, then that is obviously different circumstances, but trial by social media isn't justice.

Frankly, I am disgusted with the prejudicial so called humorous social media surrounding Mason Greenwood and the fans chanting on Tuesday. Let's all remember that Ched Evans was wrongly imprisoned for over two years. Whilst rape is inexcusable, stupidity isn't a criminal offence. We should let the law take its course, not social media.
Transfer rumours on 20:59 - Feb 3 with 988 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:51 - Feb 3 by noah4x4

Speaking of which, when is Callum Harriott on trial? He was last in Court on 30th July 2021. If found not guilty, do we still have first dibs? If guilty, then that is obviously different circumstances, but trial by social media isn't justice.

Frankly, I am disgusted with the prejudicial so called humorous social media surrounding Mason Greenwood and the fans chanting on Tuesday. Let's all remember that Ched Evans was wrongly imprisoned for over two years. Whilst rape is inexcusable, stupidity isn't a criminal offence. We should let the law take its course, not social media.

Noah these days it is trial by social media. Sad but true.

I think 30 players is a big enough squad to get us out of trouble.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 22:40 - Feb 3 with 973 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 20:51 - Feb 3 by noah4x4

Ched Evans was convicted of rape, and you're right, on appeal that conviction was quashed. Due process was served in the eyes of the law. However, please do bear in mind that his appeal (not trial) was almost entirely founded on investigation into that girls prior sexual history, nothing at all to do with the evidence of the case related to that incident. During cross-examination for the appeal she was repeatedly asked about who she had previously had sex with, the positions she preferred, even what she said during those other sexual encounters. Meanwhile, ironically given your view of social media, Evans's supporters waged a social media war against her to besmirch her name and reputation in any way they could. If you want to hang your hat on miscarriages of justice, I really don't think Ched Evans is a good peg to use.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 00:05 - Feb 4 with 957 viewsnoah4x4

The indisputable fact is Ched Evans was acquitted after serving 50% of his sentence and after his first appeal had been declined. He succeeded only upon on later appeal, but only after his release having done his allotted time with good behaviour. His co-defendant was acquitted at the original trial and his long term girlfriend stuck with him suggesting he has some decency. He never denied having sex with the woman, who was ultimately proven to have unacceptable motives. Her past promiscuity was deemed relevant by the learned judges, and who are we to argue with the independent judiciary? On release, having served his (minimum) sentence, he was hounded out of football, so was then punished at another level.

I don't dispute that social media might have played a part in flushing out of vital evidence about the woman's motives that led to this acquittal. I agree that too is potentially undesirable. However, we currently have a culture whereby "innocent until proven guilty" has fallen by the wayside due to social media and the sensationalist press now attempting to prejuducing public opinion. Evans successfully cleared his name, but lost four years of his footballing career. Admittedly, he secured £800,000 damages, but money can't make up for lost opportunity in life and the reputational damage he suffered. Whether guilty or innocent, Harriott and Mason Mount deserve a fair trial, which is difficult when so much prejudice is shown in social media.
Transfer rumours on 08:34 - Feb 4 with 928 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 00:05 - Feb 4 by noah4x4

The indisputable fact is Ched Evans was acquitted after serving 50% of his sentence and after his first appeal had been declined. He succeeded only upon on later appeal, but only after his release having done his allotted time with good behaviour. His co-defendant was acquitted at the original trial and his long term girlfriend stuck with him suggesting he has some decency. He never denied having sex with the woman, who was ultimately proven to have unacceptable motives. Her past promiscuity was deemed relevant by the learned judges, and who are we to argue with the independent judiciary? On release, having served his (minimum) sentence, he was hounded out of football, so was then punished at another level.

I don't dispute that social media might have played a part in flushing out of vital evidence about the woman's motives that led to this acquittal. I agree that too is potentially undesirable. However, we currently have a culture whereby "innocent until proven guilty" has fallen by the wayside due to social media and the sensationalist press now attempting to prejuducing public opinion. Evans successfully cleared his name, but lost four years of his footballing career. Admittedly, he secured £800,000 damages, but money can't make up for lost opportunity in life and the reputational damage he suffered. Whether guilty or innocent, Harriott and Mason Mount deserve a fair trial, which is difficult when so much prejudice is shown in social media.

You might want to change Mount to Greenwood there Noah. Bit harsh on the Chelsea player that.

Transfer rumours on 09:01 - Feb 4 with 922 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer rumours on 08:34 - Feb 4 by RSCOSWORTH

You might want to change Mount to Greenwood there Noah. Bit harsh on the Chelsea player that.

Unless of course Noah has some sensational breaking news
Transfer rumours on 15:26 - Feb 4 with 880 viewsburnsieespana

The Sun reporting a fee has already been agreed with us by Chelsea should they take him on after his trial.
Transfer rumours on 16:11 - Feb 4 with 868 viewsnoah4x4

Transfer rumours on 08:34 - Feb 4 by RSCOSWORTH

Yeh, I meant Mason Greenwood. But they are all one bunch of overpaid prima donnas. I really hope my boyhood team scalp West Ham tomorrow, but it won't happen. 6,000 + Kidderminster fans (including 4,800 one match wonders) will watch the the Hammers Reserves and probably still see their team lose 6-0.

FA Cup Trivia. Aggborough is a bit like Layer Road and on 14 September 1955 became the first ground to host a floodlit FA Cup match, when the Harriers faced Brierley Hill Alliance in a preliminary round replay. I recall that it also used to have the narrowest cycle track imaginable and I can't imaging the carnage when it hosted bike racing, which fortunately ended before my birth. else I would have probably been stupid enough to get involved. I have solo cycled around it and its steep banking meant you could generate some serious G Force around the bends. Sensibly, the cycle track was removed in the 1990s to accommodate the new stand. Might have been OK had Sinclair C5 racing ever caught on.

I briefly played for the Harriers youth team before I switched code to rugby. The First XI were in the West Midland Regional League then, and we all used leather case balls that guaranteed future dementia and cork studs with three nails that would lash a thigh like a cobra with three fangs. How football has changed! Rugby was far safer!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 16:13]
Transfer rumours on 16:27 - Feb 4 with 864 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 16:11 - Feb 4 by noah4x4

Yeh, I meant Mason Greenwood. But they are all one bunch of overpaid prima donnas. I really hope my boyhood team scalp West Ham tomorrow, but it won't happen. 6,000 + Kidderminster fans (including 4,800 one match wonders) will watch the the Hammers Reserves and probably still see their team lose 6-0.

FA Cup Trivia. Aggborough is a bit like Layer Road and on 14 September 1955 became the first ground to host a floodlit FA Cup match, when the Harriers faced Brierley Hill Alliance in a preliminary round replay. I recall that it also used to have the narrowest cycle track imaginable and I can't imaging the carnage when it hosted bike racing, which fortunately ended before my birth. else I would have probably been stupid enough to get involved. I have solo cycled around it and its steep banking meant you could generate some serious G Force around the bends. Sensibly, the cycle track was removed in the 1990s to accommodate the new stand. Might have been OK had Sinclair C5 racing ever caught on.

I briefly played for the Harriers youth team before I switched code to rugby. The First XI were in the West Midland Regional League then, and we all used leather case balls that guaranteed future dementia and cork studs with three nails that would lash a thigh like a cobra with three fangs. How football has changed! Rugby was far safer!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2022 16:13]

Whilst that may be true they haven't all been accused of rape and sexual assault. We don't want a Mendy type problem here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024