Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 11:26 - Dec 29 with 13244 viewswessex_exile

Two currently doing the rounds - Wiredu might be off to Forest, presumably for a decent fee and/or player exchange, and we’re close to signing Ryan Loft from Scunnie for a reported £50k fee.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Transfer rumours on 17:43 - Jan 7 with 1832 viewsburnsieespana

Having supported Colchester for 60 years through thick and thin will give them a chance.
As we are near the bottom for a second season I can understand quality players will be put off signing for us, sadly.
As regards CC he does seem to have a couple of years ago been close to 'big things' so just maybe he has gone astray and now getting back on the right lines again.
Transfer rumours on 18:25 - Jan 7 with 1793 viewsnoah4x4

We played three at the back at Sutton and when played further forward Coxe had a decent game. But in a back four, he isn’t a full back. But then we have Daniels and Clampin, and now Dallison. Maybe their absence has meant playing him out of his best position and he can play as a winger?

After Tuesday’s good effort, I think he deserves his chance, but not at regular full back. Comment about MWH is irrelevant as he is a right back, where Tchamadeu has shone.
Transfer rumours on 18:49 - Jan 7 with 1772 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 18:25 - Jan 7 by noah4x4

We played three at the back at Sutton and when played further forward Coxe had a decent game. But in a back four, he isn’t a full back. But then we have Daniels and Clampin, and now Dallison. Maybe their absence has meant playing him out of his best position and he can play as a winger?

After Tuesday’s good effort, I think he deserves his chance, but not at regular full back. Comment about MWH is irrelevant as he is a right back, where Tchamadeu has shone.

Indeed - a back three of Eastman, Smith and Dallison, with Coxe and Tchamadeu as wing backs may well be the answer we're looking for. Like you say Noah he at least deserves a chance to see what he can do in that sort of line-up.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 21:00 - Jan 7 with 1729 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 18:25 - Jan 7 by noah4x4

Coxe is right footed and has played most of his football as a right back so I think the Welch-Hayes comment is definitely relevant as I doubt we need three in the main first team squad.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Transfer rumours on 21:05 - Jan 7 with 1726 viewsnoah4x4

Transfer rumours on 18:49 - Jan 7 by wessex_exile

Indeed - a back three of Eastman, Smith and Dallison, with Coxe and Tchamadeu as wing backs may well be the answer we're looking for. Like you say Noah he at least deserves a chance to see what he can do in that sort of line-up.

Except my back three would be Eastman, Chambers, Dallison.

Frankly, Smith has not convinced me.

I would then play a five man mid-field with two ahead of that, and the wing backs offering width. Choke the opposition in midfield with a high press. Force teams to go long ball. We have the skills, but not the pace to rely on counter attack out of defence. We need to win more balls in midfield.
Transfer rumours on 15:25 - Jan 8 with 1607 viewswessex_exile

We've also signed centre forward Corie Andrews from AFC Wimbledon, presumably on loan? He's been out on loan at Aldershot this season, scoring 9 in 19 starts for the Shots in what we know is a very tough league. Apparently he was named as a starter today, so hopefully if it goes ahead and I can get there, I might be able to take a look on Tuesday at FGR.

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 17:00 - Jan 8 with 1573 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 15:25 - Jan 8 by wessex_exile

We've also signed centre forward Corie Andrews from AFC Wimbledon, presumably on loan? He's been out on loan at Aldershot this season, scoring 9 in 19 starts for the Shots in what we know is a very tough league. Apparently he was named as a starter today, so hopefully if it goes ahead and I can get there, I might be able to take a look on Tuesday at FGR.

Wessex hope you do make it to the much postponed games at FGR.

I am wondering if Corie Andrews is the son of Wayne Andrews (it may be nothing more than coincidence but the ages work).

He looks the part and at 24 is hopefully going to be fit and score some goals for the U's.

I think we can win on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 18:17 - Jan 8 with 1537 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 17:00 - Jan 8 by durham_exile

Wessex hope you do make it to the much postponed games at FGR.

I am wondering if Corie Andrews is the son of Wayne Andrews (it may be nothing more than coincidence but the ages work).

He looks the part and at 24 is hopefully going to be fit and score some goals for the U's.

I think we can win on Tuesday night.

Up the U's

Plausible, but I'd say unlikely tbh. If you're wondering, that could be my answer to either the Wayne son thing and if we can win on Tuesday night :-)

Up the U's

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours on 19:38 - Jan 8 with 1516 viewsbwildered

So what and when did the sign players on laws change ? Presumably with emails the fax machine paperwork to HQ is now inappropriate and signing players to play the same day and not the midnight before now takes place .
Can anyone confirm latest arrangements ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Transfer rumours on 00:29 - Jan 14 with 1303 viewscoalville

Transfer rumours on 00:10 - Jan 7 by durham_exile

RS - the news about Loft really got to me.

Providing we sign a striker, a proper one a target man that can play alongside Sears then there is some hope.

Once again we didn't get the best out of a loanee, asking him to play midfield, tracking back, left back occasionally when he should have played up front. So we lose Jasper back to Fulham.

And still no striker!!!

AAAAAAAgh!

Up the strikerless U's

Still looking for a striker and the National Leagues all time top striker lives in Colchester ?
Transfer rumours on 01:29 - Jan 16 with 1156 viewscoalville

Transfer rumours on 00:29 - Jan 14 by coalville

Still looking for a striker and the National Leagues all time top striker lives in Colchester ?

He’s scored 15 in 22 games this season, that’s 2 less than our total from 23 games.
Transfer rumours on 14:03 - Jan 17 with 1059 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Edwards signs.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/january/owura-edwards/

Transfer rumours on 14:06 - Jan 17 with 1057 viewsthrillseeker

Transfer rumours on 14:03 - Jan 17 by RSCOSWORTH

Edwards signs.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/january/owura-edwards/

Never heard of him but that means nothing

Hoping he has a successful loan spell with us scoring plenty of goals
Transfer rumours on 14:15 - Jan 17 with 1050 viewsburnsieespana

We sure as hell need somebody who is going put the ball in the back of the net on a regular basis as Freddie can't do it alone.
Begs the question what sort of formation are we aiming to play now?
Reading between the lines it was Mullins who wanted Huws.
Transfer rumours on 14:47 - Jan 17 with 1041 viewsthrillseeker

A quick Google search shows he has scored 1 goal in 35 appearances

Should fit in with our goal shy team
Transfer rumours on 14:52 - Jan 19 with 913 viewsburnsieespana

OMB is saying Jake Turner going back to Newcastle so assume Sham now fit and saves a bit of budget for another signing.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 14:52]
Transfer rumours on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 905 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Transfer rumours on 14:52 - Jan 19 by burnsieespana

OMB is saying Jake Turner going back to Newcastle so assume Sham now fit and saves a bit of budget for another signing.

George hasn't even been in the squad since his injury but if he's fully healed now perhaps he'll go straight into the starting XI. Gerken has been on the bench the last few matches so maybe he'll be coming back into the side.

Transfer rumours on 15:22 - Jan 19 with 905 viewsmfb_cufc

Transfer rumours on 14:52 - Jan 19 by burnsieespana

Confirmed.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19858709.jake-turner-announces-colchester-un

mfb

Transfer rumours on 16:24 - Jan 19 with 885 viewswessex_exile

Transfer rumours on 15:22 - Jan 19 by mfb_cufc

Confirmed.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/19858709.jake-turner-announces-colchester-un

Obviously great news if Sham is fit again, but sorry to see Jake leave us, as clearly is he it would seem. Looks like Newcastle must have another loan further up the pyramid lined up?

Up the U's

Transfer rumours on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 874 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 16:24 - Jan 19 by wessex_exile

Obviously great news if Sham is fit again, but sorry to see Jake leave us, as clearly is he it would seem. Looks like Newcastle must have another loan further up the pyramid lined up?

Shame that Turner is returning to Newcastle but as long as Shamal George is fit and raring to go then Dean Gerken will remain understudy.

Did we sign that other short term loanee keeper from Pompey?

Up the unfortunate U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 16:49 - Jan 19 with 872 viewsRSCOSWORTH

It appears we didn't want him to go but Newcastle didn't want him to stay. Would be a shame if he now goes back and doesn't get an opportunity elsewhere. Even if George isn't quite ready to play yet I'd happily have Gerken back in goal. He's an experienced keeper and has been decent for us since he came back to the club. Also he has a 100% win and clean sheet rate this season.

Transfer rumours on 17:15 - Jan 19 with 855 viewsLeadbelly

Transfer rumours on 16:49 - Jan 19 by RSCOSWORTH

It appears we didn't want him to go but Newcastle didn't want him to stay. Would be a shame if he now goes back and doesn't get an opportunity elsewhere. Even if George isn't quite ready to play yet I'd happily have Gerken back in goal. He's an experienced keeper and has been decent for us since he came back to the club. Also he has a 100% win and clean sheet rate this season.

Perhaps Newcastle didn’t want Turner traumatised any further. Can’t be much fun trying to gain experience whilst getting beaten every game.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Transfer rumours on 17:22 - Jan 19 with 850 viewsdurham_exile

Transfer rumours on 17:15 - Jan 19 by Leadbelly

Perhaps Newcastle didn’t want Turner traumatised any further. Can’t be much fun trying to gain experience whilst getting beaten every game.

Don't suppose there is any way that we could sign Jack Harrison at least he knows where the net is!

Marching on etc.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Transfer rumours on 18:16 - Jan 19 with 839 viewsRSCOSWORTH

That is a very good point although he was getting plenty of shots to save or at least look at. If we need another keeper Big Sam has barely played for Kilmarnock (eight appearances, seven wins) and he has experience in helping save us from relegation.

Transfer rumours on 18:18 - Jan 19 with 837 viewswessex_exile

I don't know, sounds like perfect training for a goal-keeping career at the Toon :-)

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024