Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze 25% sell on 21:14 - May 13 with 9732 viewsRangersw12

Go on Newcastle you know it makes sense to snap him up for 50 million 🤞🤞

Eze 25% sell on on 02:24 - May 14 with 5823 views08olesen

For an English player with 10 goals in 30 games for Palace at 24 years old, I am hoping we can get a bit more!

Anthony Gordon went for something ridiculous didnt he, and I know who I would rather have.

As long as it isnt the scum...

Poll: Who will the other play off

Eze 25% sell on on 02:52 - May 14 with 5811 viewsHooparoo

He’s a special talent. Do yourself a favour and watch his cracking second goal against Bournemouth. Wow!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Eze 25% sell on on 08:51 - May 14 with 5419 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze 25% sell on on 02:52 - May 14 by Hooparoo

He’s a special talent. Do yourself a favour and watch his cracking second goal against Bournemouth. Wow!

Yet took regular criticism from the brain surgeons in our fan base for being lazy and not being as good as Chair.

You really do wonder about a fair proportion of our fan base at times as to what game they are watching.
Eze 25% sell on on 09:14 - May 14 with 5323 viewsBrianMcCarthy

He was lazy off the ball, though. He said it himself.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze 25% sell on on 10:17 - May 14 with 5154 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze 25% sell on on 09:14 - May 14 by BrianMcCarthy

He was lazy off the ball, though. He said it himself.

I think he made that comment after first season at Palace and yes to play in the Premier League all 10 outfield players have to work hard off the ball

But the Championship is so different levels wise and he was working so hard single-handedly carrying our attacking threat you didn't want him wasting his energy running backwards.

I can tell you first hand from South Africa Upper that lad took a lot of grief and it wasn't just down to his defensive running off the ball.

I'd say the majority of our fans rated Chair above him and I even had fellow fans tell me BOS was a better player (a lad who couldn't even trap a football).

That lad brought a level of professionalism and joy that was infectious and last season's squad sorely missed his personality and integrity as much as his undoubted ability.
Eze 25% sell on on 10:32 - May 14 with 5111 viewsGaryBannister86

Eze 25% sell on on 10:17 - May 14 by ParkRoyalR

I think he made that comment after first season at Palace and yes to play in the Premier League all 10 outfield players have to work hard off the ball

But the Championship is so different levels wise and he was working so hard single-handedly carrying our attacking threat you didn't want him wasting his energy running backwards.

I can tell you first hand from South Africa Upper that lad took a lot of grief and it wasn't just down to his defensive running off the ball.

I'd say the majority of our fans rated Chair above him and I even had fellow fans tell me BOS was a better player (a lad who couldn't even trap a football).

That lad brought a level of professionalism and joy that was infectious and last season's squad sorely missed his personality and integrity as much as his undoubted ability.

Bang on. I had a row with someone in the loft who used to abuse him every game shouting "Lazy" every 5 minutes. For the one and only time I was ever (almost) right, I said you won't be shouting that when we sell him for £20m.

Mind you, he was the same guy who abused Barbet throughout that game when he was an absolute colossus and headbutted the wall and ended up with that massive bandage. He even gave him stick after that!
[Post edited 14 May 2023 10:44]
Eze 25% sell on on 10:36 - May 14 with 5080 viewsSonofpugwash

There are plenty of us that appreciate "flair" players.I remember Rodders getting stick from the "get rid of it" brigade.
You don't use a racehorse to pull a milk cart.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Eze 25% sell on on 10:49 - May 14 with 5040 viewsRsinWales

My first matchday experience was 1976. We have always had that irritating minority who seem to take against anyone and everyone in hoops.

I remember when Kevin Brock was with us in the 80s. I was in the loft and he played a great pass, immediately followed by a guy behind me shouting at him for being a complete waste of space! At our place, with those tight touchlines, the players can hear individual abuse. We should be leaving that to the away fans, that's their job not ours.

There are some people who would be better off not going to matches. They poison the atmosphere and seem to get no pleasure at all from the game. Even if we do well, it's because the opponents are rubbish.

If anyone thought Eze was rubbish, either as a player or a human being, I despair. I loved watching that young man in action. He also clearly respected our club and gave his all.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze 25% sell on on 10:50 - May 14 with 5039 viewswortonranger

I think any bonus from an England call up is a more realistic prospect at the moment. Anyone know detail on that?
Eze 25% sell on on 11:17 - May 14 with 4949 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze 25% sell on on 10:32 - May 14 by GaryBannister86

Bang on. I had a row with someone in the loft who used to abuse him every game shouting "Lazy" every 5 minutes. For the one and only time I was ever (almost) right, I said you won't be shouting that when we sell him for £20m.

Mind you, he was the same guy who abused Barbet throughout that game when he was an absolute colossus and headbutted the wall and ended up with that massive bandage. He even gave him stick after that!

I never saw a lazy player in all my time watching Eze home and away,

I saw a player who was'nt very good at tackling and someone, who like Tim last season, had a tendency, when we lost possession, to not anticipate or move into the correct defensive position quickly enough,

Roy Hodgson saw this in Eze and fixed as you see that sideways defensive movement much more in his game now, likewise Tim needs similar coaching if he is to be a Premier League player as that tendency to switch-off momentarily and be static in the middle of the park may not get punished in the Championship but will in the Premier League.
Eze 25% sell on on 11:21 - May 14 with 4926 viewsdavman

Eze 25% sell on on 10:50 - May 14 by wortonranger

I think any bonus from an England call up is a more realistic prospect at the moment. Anyone know detail on that?

With Southgate, who knows? He seems to prefer Mount and thinks Reece James is better than Trippier - madness. And keeps playing Maguire and Phillips despite them not playing for their clubs.

Also, no indication Palace will sell anytime soon, which is typical of QPR's luck - we need it this season as it may well be too late next season.

Can't see Palace selling especially if they lose Zaha AND Olise. If rumours are true that they have offered Zaha £200k a week, they have money to keep Eze there and he seems v happy to stay there.

Genuinely unsure we'll ever see that money...

So, so p'd off he ended up there of all places. How the hell have we become a Feeder Club to that lot? Utter disgrace.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze 25% sell on on 11:24 - May 14 with 4922 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I loved him. Unreservedly.

But in a podcast he did say that he didn't work hard enough prior to joinging Rangers and that that was part of the reason he was let go by Millwall (thank God!) and also that he didn't work hard enough for us at first.

Peronally, I only ever noticed it once and all I remember was that it was an away game, and that it was only in the first half and that he rectified it immediately.

He did take too much grief, I agree, where other players got away with far worse.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze 25% sell on on 12:12 - May 14 with 4776 viewsgazza1

The season before he was transferred he did not work hard enough defensively and I stand by that. The following season he worked a lot harder all over the pitch and his skills on the ball was further developed.......he is now a 'class act' and will get a chance with a bigger club than Palace.

Re the 25% sell on clause......not sure but I think it will be the profit made by Palace and not the whole sale price.
Eze 25% sell on on 12:28 - May 14 with 4724 viewsdenhamhoop2

When he first came through his tactical positioning was poor defensively then went on loan to Wycombe came back much better but not quite fit enough to play the full 90 minutes both defending and attacking. Then quite obviously worked on his fitness over the summer and with another 50 games under his belt became our finest player of the last decade and with the potential to become a player capable of playing Champions League and International Football. Think that maybe Hodgson might be a far better coach than many people think with how he has improved both Eze and Oliseh in making actual impacts on games rather than flattering to do so
Eze 25% sell on on 13:16 - May 14 with 4586 viewsNorthantsHoop

Loved watching Eze, he did QPR proud and he may make us a fair few more quid. Hodgson has at last got him playing centrally no good with him out wide and Warburton knew that. In my opinion what a success Eze was at Rangers and pleased he is making good progress and seems like a decent lad as well.
Eze 25% sell on on 13:22 - May 14 with 4553 viewsRangersw12

Eze 25% sell on on 12:12 - May 14 by gazza1

The season before he was transferred he did not work hard enough defensively and I stand by that. The following season he worked a lot harder all over the pitch and his skills on the ball was further developed.......he is now a 'class act' and will get a chance with a bigger club than Palace.

Re the 25% sell on clause......not sure but I think it will be the profit made by Palace and not the whole sale price.

It's from the whole sale price
Eze 25% sell on on 13:26 - May 14 with 4540 viewsnumptydumpty

Eze 25% sell on on 10:32 - May 14 by GaryBannister86

Some fans !!!

Guy behind me thought his name was Ebenezer !!

And he was constantly moaning about his laziness whilst he munched away on his Pukka Pies.

Few comments by some of our very critical fans on the Taylor Richards thread, makes you wonder how severely not self aware, some fans can be.

And thought the classics were the four "gents" behind me who were claiming that the season ticket was far from value for money when we were standing ten points clear In the Taraabt season !!!

Takes all sorts, I guess !!

But the guy is class itself !!

Top man and with Eze, Zaha, Olise and Ayew up front that is some attacking ability and flair right there.

Definitely a club with one of the most silky and talented frontlines on show in the entire premier league and Eze is proving himself big time !!!

If he gets moved on, hopefully we see some of the fees paid !!!

And still a very humble guy !!
[Post edited 14 May 2023 13:26]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Eze 25% sell on on 13:41 - May 14 with 4495 viewsQPR_John

Eze 25% sell on on 13:22 - May 14 by Rangersw12

It's from the whole sale price

Well whoever negotiated that deal wants a bonus
[Post edited 14 May 2023 13:43]
Eze 25% sell on on 14:01 - May 14 with 4417 viewsdavman

Eze 25% sell on on 13:16 - May 14 by NorthantsHoop

Loved watching Eze, he did QPR proud and he may make us a fair few more quid. Hodgson has at last got him playing centrally no good with him out wide and Warburton knew that. In my opinion what a success Eze was at Rangers and pleased he is making good progress and seems like a decent lad as well.

"Hodgson has at last got him playing centrally no good with him out wide and Warburton knew that"

Same as Chair and Willock, which is why they may well be surplus to GA's requirements - will be criminally misused as "Wingers".

On Eze, he was learning FFS, so maybe he was weak defensively at first, but he actually DEVELOPED here; a rare thing with QPR. That should be the norm for every 20-22 year old. Unfortunately, those in charge of our Academy think that players showing nothing at 25 might still "come good"...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze 25% sell on on 14:37 - May 14 with 4304 viewsHayesender

The first player I fell in love with when I started this mad journey back in 81 was Simon Stainrod.

Like Eze I think the way certain players play the game makes them look lazy.

Personally I think they make the game look so easy, it probably looks lazy when compared to certain cloggers.

I know who I'd rather watch

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Eze 25% sell on on 15:34 - May 14 with 4162 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Whilst there are always a handful of folk that don't appreciate flair (you can't please all the people all of the time), the picture that you're painting is exaggerated and based on loose foundations.

Firstly, you are in no position to speak for "the majority of our fans". You don't know them and you weren't commissioned to conduct a poll of the entire fanbase.

Next, to suggest that you don't have to work as hard in the Championship is laughable and rather undermines your point. To be successful in the Championship hard work is a minimum requirement. It's the added quality that separates the PL from the Championship.

Now, going back to the player, from where I was sitting Eze was much loved amongst my group and certainly not rated below Chair. He, by his own admission, didn't work hard enough earlier in his career (hence why a clutch of clubs released him) but, to his credit, he listened, learned and, as a result, has flourished.

I always find it interesting that some folk take issue with constructive criticism of players but think that fellow fans are fair game. Can we please stop going back to this nonsense and just enjoy the terrific player that Eze has become (and, with any luck, the sell-on fee that this could bring the club).
Eze 25% sell on on 15:38 - May 14 with 4131 viewsSakura

Eze 25% sell on on 10:50 - May 14 by wortonranger

Agree, I think this is more relevant. Interesting to know what these add ons were

Was reported had £4m in add ons. An England cap one part of jt. Surely the rest of it has been or is very close to being triggered this season now

Also was reported it's 20% not 25%. Think that's good as there's a point when you push it to far and it puts Palace off selling or into demanding a silly unrealistic price

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11706/12057091/eberechi-eze-crystal-
Eze 25% sell on on 16:09 - May 14 with 4050 viewsHantsR

Eze 25% sell on on 13:16 - May 14 by NorthantsHoop

This. I think he's a great, very watchable player and an extremely likeable person, from what I've seen. He was about to be called up to the England squad when he had that freak injury in training.
Eze 25% sell on on 16:14 - May 14 with 4034 viewsParkRoyalR

Eze 25% sell on on 15:34 - May 14 by Benny_the_Ball

Whilst there are always a handful of folk that don't appreciate flair (you can't please all the people all of the time), the picture that you're painting is exaggerated and based on loose foundations.

Firstly, you are in no position to speak for "the majority of our fans". You don't know them and you weren't commissioned to conduct a poll of the entire fanbase.

Next, to suggest that you don't have to work as hard in the Championship is laughable and rather undermines your point. To be successful in the Championship hard work is a minimum requirement. It's the added quality that separates the PL from the Championship.

Now, going back to the player, from where I was sitting Eze was much loved amongst my group and certainly not rated below Chair. He, by his own admission, didn't work hard enough earlier in his career (hence why a clutch of clubs released him) but, to his credit, he listened, learned and, as a result, has flourished.

I always find it interesting that some folk take issue with constructive criticism of players but think that fellow fans are fair game. Can we please stop going back to this nonsense and just enjoy the terrific player that Eze has become (and, with any luck, the sell-on fee that this could bring the club).

Not sure if a previous post of mine touched a nerve (constructive criticism of players), and regards 'stop going back to this nonsense', there are very relevant comparisons to how Willock and Dykes have been heavily criticized by fans on this forum, even after being fast-tracked back into the team after serious injury.

Has anybody interviewed / surveyed Chris Willock or the Medical Staff to understand why he has'nt been able to hit the ground running after his hamstring injury and been unable to repeat his outstanding early season form, without concluding he's phoning it in as so many have?

Only a few away games ago (WBA) Dunne was coming in for serious abuse from some of our fans by the corner flag and you really do wonder about our a fairly sizeable element of our fan-base at times.

I am not sure where you sit in the ground but where I sit Eze was regularly copping abuse from our fans and you do have to question if they know what they are watching / talking about.
Eze 25% sell on on 20:00 - May 14 with 3710 viewsterryb

Eze 25% sell on on 16:14 - May 14 by ParkRoyalR

Not sure if a previous post of mine touched a nerve (constructive criticism of players), and regards 'stop going back to this nonsense', there are very relevant comparisons to how Willock and Dykes have been heavily criticized by fans on this forum, even after being fast-tracked back into the team after serious injury.

Has anybody interviewed / surveyed Chris Willock or the Medical Staff to understand why he has'nt been able to hit the ground running after his hamstring injury and been unable to repeat his outstanding early season form, without concluding he's phoning it in as so many have?

Only a few away games ago (WBA) Dunne was coming in for serious abuse from some of our fans by the corner flag and you really do wonder about our a fairly sizeable element of our fan-base at times.

I am not sure where you sit in the ground but where I sit Eze was regularly copping abuse from our fans and you do have to question if they know what they are watching / talking about.

It was certainly different in the Upper Loft. I can;'t recall anyone calling him lazy & nobody rated Chair above him. That includes Chair fans!

I did get pissed off with a couple of men behind me at Stoke, first game of the season, that were moaning about Eze's workrate & asked them how lazy is he when he scored the second goal!

To be fair, they did laugh.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024