Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 07:59 - Oct 26 with 11586 viewsGloucs_R

Who does everyone realistically want?

Available (or could be)..

Rowett
Eustace
Potter
Lampard (🤭)
Dean Smith
Beale the snake
Nathan Jones
Big Sam
Warnock
Scott Parker
Chris Wilder
Ince
Bowyer
McCarthy
Pardew
Toure
Leam Richardson

Potter I would have in a heartbeat (no chance he'll come here though!!). Bowyer with Galen as DoF would be interesting. I know he's currently got a club

Let's be honest, it won't be anyone from overseas.

[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 8:03]

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:04 - Oct 26 with 6387 viewskingsburyR

Luke Williams of Notts County

I also want to be 16 again!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:07 - Oct 26 with 6353 viewsGloucs_R

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:04 - Oct 26 by kingsburyR

Wouldn't be able to pay them comp.

It has to be someone who is out of work

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:22 - Oct 26 with 6300 viewsDorse

Fcuk it, I'll do it. Couldn't be any worse.

#announcedorse #sickofexperts #canwehavedomback?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:33 - Oct 26 with 6248 viewsgazza1

Rowett, coming soon, very soon.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:34 - Oct 26 with 6242 viewsBluce_Ree

Warnock.

He's not a long term appointment but he would get us out if the shit.

And if he can't get these players going then we are so f*cked we may as well give up.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:42 - Oct 26 with 6197 viewsAndybrat

Go cap in hand to Eustace, he knows what makes a number of the players tick ( assuming they still can remember how to tick). I always thought that was the plan anyway. If you wanted to go interim I would ask Steve Cook, unsure if he is even a qualified coach but he is a leader on the pitch and played recently at a level the guys should aspire to. If FFP says we can’t bring someone new in it will have to be Furlong with no pay rise.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:43 - Oct 26 with 6194 viewssdm1508

I wondered about someone like Warnock to get us out of the mess but maybe say he has to bring in an assistant who then would maybe take over after he goes, so a bit of succession planning. So maybe an inexperienced coach who learns the ropes with him or something like that. Sadly the fact is at the moment we need someone who will have an impact straight away and in an ideal world you want someone with longevity maybe this is a best of both worlds solution. Not sure if it is a viable option though
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:43 - Oct 26 with 6200 viewsdaveB

Warnock, Eustace or Wilder for me
Login to get fewer ads

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:59 - Oct 26 with 6160 viewsEsox_Lucius

Micah Hyde. I like what he is doing with the U18's. I like the way he plays his sides. Already on the wage bill. I don't think he could do worse and, a la a previous promotion from below, if it doesn't work out he can go back to coaching the youngsters again.

The grass is always greener.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:05 - Oct 26 with 6128 viewsCamberleyR

What are the Cowley sisters, Danni and Nicki, doing these days?

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:20 - Oct 26 with 6068 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Perhaps the delay in changing GA is because they're using the same, seemingly slow moving firm of headhunters, they
instructed to find a DOF, and its taking them as long to find a manager.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:21 - Oct 26 with 6067 viewskingsburyR

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:59 - Oct 26 by Esox_Lucius

Micah Hyde. I like what he is doing with the U18's. I like the way he plays his sides. Already on the wage bill. I don't think he could do worse and, a la a previous promotion from below, if it doesn't work out he can go back to coaching the youngsters again.

I think its now a given that nobody could actually do any worse.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 9:21]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:28 - Oct 26 with 6016 viewsRs_Holy

I know you put everyone on the list that would appear on a bookies list of favourites but the majority wouldn't come within 10 miles of QPR... Realistically its probably Eustace for me as his CV looks pretty good.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 09:54 - Oct 26 with 5948 viewsTK1

There are 99 points left available to QPR to win this season. We're gonna need to win between 43 and 46 realistically to survive.

Bearing in mind we've managed 19 points from the last 81 available, the chances of whoever comes in presiding over a relegation season seems incredibly high.

That makes selling the job much harder as it's likely they'll be a League 1 manager next August.

So, it's either a Red Adair Warnock-type (are there other candidates in this category? Struggling...does Rowett qualify?) until the end of 23-24 on a massive bonus to get those 43 points.

Or it's a longer term, younger 'project' manager. But who comes into that role until the DOF is in, as a new DOF may not fancy them? Poisoned chalice. I thought Beale was this person and look how that turned out.

I am wary of anyone not falling into those two categories and would personally go for number one as we are in no position to sort a longer term candidate until the summer.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:19 - Oct 26 with 5882 viewsessextaxiboy

Warnock til season end , big bonus for avoiding the drop . DOF ready to go having identified a project manager and planned academy clear out … reset
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 5819 viewsderbyhoop

To the original list you can add,
Slaven Bilic
Warburton
Xisco Munoz
Marco bielsa
Mark Hughes
Neil Harris

All of whom, I believe, are out of work

But then you ask
Why would they be interested
Would we want them in any case - Bruce, Allardyce, Beale, Hughes
What salary would they want. Hint we wont be paying top dollar or anywhere near it
Will they want a transfer budget for January. HINT 2 - we havent got a pot to p*** in

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:35 - Oct 26 with 5813 viewsSimonJames

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 08:04 - Oct 26 by kingsburyR

If we're going back to being 16, then I nominate Brian Clough!

100% of people who drink water will die.

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:38 - Oct 26 with 5801 viewsCamberleyR

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:35 - Oct 26 by derbyhoop

To the original list you can add,
Slaven Bilic
Warburton
Xisco Munoz
Marco bielsa
Mark Hughes
Neil Harris

All of whom, I believe, are out of work

But then you ask
Why would they be interested
Would we want them in any case - Bruce, Allardyce, Beale, Hughes
What salary would they want. Hint we wont be paying top dollar or anywhere near it
Will they want a transfer budget for January. HINT 2 - we havent got a pot to p*** in

Bielsa is managing Uruguay.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:46 - Oct 26 with 5780 viewsDesertBoot

Eustace for me. Knows the club so will understand the shit show from top to bottom.
Also a point to prove after his disgraceful sacking by the Birmingham BlueJays.

Wish I could be like David Watts

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:40 - Oct 26 with 5644 viewsHoopsie

Think not who we realistically want, but rather who will want to come and manage us in this perilous time?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2023 11:40]

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:41 - Oct 26 with 5627 viewsGloucs_R

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 10:46 - Oct 26 by DesertBoot

Eustace for me. Knows the club so will understand the shit show from top to bottom.
Also a point to prove after his disgraceful sacking by the Birmingham BlueJays.

Would he risk his career coming back here though?

I can't see it personally. He will have plenty of offers as the championship managerial Merry Go round swings into action....

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:42 - Oct 26 with 5620 viewsaston_hoop

I'd like to see us be a bit ambitious, look outside the usual set of names and try something different. Someone who has a coaching background and can work with the players on the training ground and the pitch, someone with modern methods who understands how the top managers play football in 2023 rather than someone who once did it in 2015 or something. Someone who can make us more than the sum of our parts rather than less. Basically the kind of appointments other sides make. But not Mick Beale, someone else. I don't know who that is, but its not my job and anyway, Andy Belk will be the only person at the club presumably who'd have a shortlist of such names. Who knows if they'll ask him or just appoint Warnock on a 2 year deal and watch him leave in April.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:45 - Oct 26 with 5606 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Warnock for this season only.

Next spring get a DOF in and hand him autonomy, including picking the new manager. I do not trust anyone currently employed by the club to get the next manager right. Hopefully the recruitment firm spews out decent DOF options.
QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 11:50 - Oct 26 with 5580 viewsBAWHoops

Will be one of Warnock, Eustace or Rowett.
Remember it's Hoos, Bhatia and Ruben making the appointment. So there's zero joined up thinking from a football POV

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

QPR next manager, part 7,325,864 on 12:14 - Oct 26 with 5486 viewsRanger_1969

1st choice - Eustace
2nd choice - Rowett

Alternatively, appoint Warnock until the end of the season and see who's available next summer.

Would also love to see Warbs back as DOF but doubt that will happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024