Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this correct? 10:00 - Mar 12 with 4993 viewshoopstar67

Just read it was the same team of officials that chalked off Shaun-Wright-Phillips goal against WBA,unbelievable.
Is this correct? on 10:02 - Mar 12 with 4171 viewsNorthernr

Same referee, not the same linesmen

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1500
Is this correct? on 10:05 - Mar 12 with 4153 viewshoopstar67

Is this correct? on 10:02 - Mar 12 by Northernr

Same referee, not the same linesmen

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/fb_news.php?storyid=1500

Thanks for that,read it in the independant so i thought it must be true!!!
Is this correct? on 10:16 - Mar 12 with 4129 viewscarrotcrunch_R

you can blame tango u can blame the managers u can blame the players but if we do go down we have too look to see how many points the inept officials with there inept decisions have lost us this for me is the main reason why we are in the bottom 3 right now
Is this correct? on 10:50 - Mar 12 with 4060 viewsHollowayRanger

to be fair its everyones fault

tango
the players form
injuries
decisions

its the perfect storm!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Is this correct? on 10:54 - Mar 12 with 4055 viewsdaveB

personally I don't think we can keep blaming officials.

yes it was a goal but the score was 0-0 with 70 minutes to play, we had plenty of time to win the game, if it had been the last minute to cost us a draw I'd be far more angry. Lets be honest it wasn't the ref or lino who left Pratley unmarkerd from six yards out, wasn't the ref or lino who allowed Klansic a free run into our box and wasn't the ref or lino who decided long ball to Zamora was a clever tactic. We need to look at ourselves as we are not good enough.
Is this correct? on 10:56 - Mar 12 with 4049 viewsJuzzie

Is this correct? on 10:16 - Mar 12 by carrotcrunch_R

you can blame tango u can blame the managers u can blame the players but if we do go down we have too look to see how many points the inept officials with there inept decisions have lost us this for me is the main reason why we are in the bottom 3 right now

No chance. We're there because we are not good enough, can't keep 11 players on the pitch, can't keep a clean sheet, can't score etc etc.

edit: as daveB said above, and I've said to people at work today, it was 20 mins in with still 70+ mins to play for.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Is this correct? on 11:09 - Mar 12 with 4023 viewsAntti_Heinola

Is this correct? on 10:54 - Mar 12 by daveB

yes it was a goal but the score was 0-0 with 70 minutes to play, we had plenty of time to win the game, if it had been the last minute to cost us a draw I'd be far more angry. Lets be honest it wasn't the ref or lino who left Pratley unmarkerd from six yards out, wasn't the ref or lino who allowed Klansic a free run into our box and wasn't the ref or lino who decided long ball to Zamora was a clever tactic. We need to look at ourselves as we are not good enough.

agree with that, dave, but scoring first would have put tremendous pressure on them and Cisse might well have had a field day as they pushed forward looking for an equaliser. You can't really compare, because that goal would have changed the game immeasurably. A mistake like the offside for Cisse is, for me, understandable - when we get those against us I'm never too bothered because it's so close to being onside that it hardly matters. But a mistake that big and important has huge repercussions.

Bare bones.

Is this correct? on 11:14 - Mar 12 with 4010 viewscarrotcrunch_R

crikey has anyone thought that with us 1 nil up the game play and pattern of the game would have changed??????????? likewise with other wrong decisions lets be sensible about this we have been wronged too many times and has cost us the points that at the end of season could be crucial. tv tech gotta come in + better training 4 refs+ lino they are not up to scratch imo.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Is this correct? on 11:15 - Mar 12 with 4010 viewsVish

we did have 70 mins to score - but when you're in our position though - near the bottom, can't score, a team lacking in confidence and haven't won away in an age, when you do actually score a legitimate goal which is not allowed - its fricking annoying.

Is this correct? on 11:35 - Mar 12 with 3962 viewsJuzzie

Of course the pattern of play will have changed. We could have lost 4-1 and had players sent off! Conversely, we could have gone on to win, who knows.

The potential pattern of play changes every second of every game with every ball played, good or bad. Had Derry not made that tackle on Cabaye up at Newcastle we may not have lost the game as his booking effectively took him out of the game, that we were on top of at that point, and our midfield with it.

The thing is, it's easy to blame one moment .... look at Sheff Utd and the Tevez case... Sheff Utd got relegated because they were poor all season, not just because Tevez scored the goal that kept West Ham up and Sheff Utd down, who lost their last game at home to Wigan who also stayed up.

I'm well aware that 3 or 4 'lost' points can make a difference but every team this season could lay claim to the same so we'd all be in the same place anyway.

The thing is, I always thought that it was one of the FA/PL's mandate to improve officiating (professional refs etc) but it seems just as bad as ever.

Is this correct? on 12:33 - Mar 12 with 3886 viewsClive_Anderson

If you're going to escape relegation and you aren't all that great, then the fine margins tend to decide things. You can't say that it is ok being robbed by decisions because you didn't do everything else 100% right or you weren't all that great.

Bolton's defending from corners wasn't very good either, but the linesman let ensured that didn't matter.

Lot's of teams win games without playing very well, mainly because they don't have perfectly good goals chalked off every other game.
Is this correct? on 12:41 - Mar 12 with 3856 viewsdaveB

i agree the goal would have changed the game but it wasn't given, we just have to get on with it, we're not the only team on the wrong end of bad decsions this season.
Is this correct? on 12:54 - Mar 12 with 3810 viewsbosh67

Dear Mr. Atkinson and team. This is what a goal looks like. Familiar?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Is this correct? on 12:55 - Mar 12 with 3805 viewsQPR_John

Is this correct? on 12:41 - Mar 12 by daveB

i agree the goal would have changed the game but it wasn't given, we just have to get on with it, we're not the only team on the wrong end of bad decsions this season.

The reason people are so annoyed is that it was not just a bad decision. Denying a goal because of offside when the player clearly was not is a bad decision, conceding a goal when the player was clearly offside is a bad decison, not spotting a foul is a bad decision. The reason being in the heat of the game these are excusable this decision was not which makes it far more thatn just a bad decision.
Is this correct? on 13:11 - Mar 12 with 3767 viewsSpiritofGregory

It always feels like the world is against you when you're at the bottom when in fact we have only ourselves to blame. We have failed to convert chances on many occasions. Home against Newcastle, Villa, West Brom, Blackburn, Everton. Away at Bolton - should have got draws away at Newcastle and at home against Fulham. We also had red cards against Wolves and Norwich which cost us in those games and future games. We should have won the majority of these games, if we had we wouldn't be in this mess.

One major mistake was not buying a decent striker early on. We signed six players in the transfer window and not one was a striker. I remember us continuously discussing during the summer that we needed a striker as we all remember what happened when we didn't replaced Ferdinand. Now we have two quality strikers but is it too late? We need Adel playing as he seems to be the only one who can supply the strikers, he was sorely missed on Saturday.
Is this correct? on 13:41 - Mar 12 with 3714 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep!
Is this correct? on 13:45 - Mar 12 with 3704 viewsClive_Anderson

Is this correct? on 12:41 - Mar 12 by daveB

We've been on the end of far more bad decisions costing points than the teams we're battling against to stay up, so it's perfectly justifiable complaining about it.

We also seem to be out of luck in other ways too by hitting the post every game and opponents getting lucky deflected goals from their first attack etc.
Is this correct? on 14:23 - Mar 12 with 3668 viewspomanjou

Is this correct? on 10:50 - Mar 12 by HollowayRanger

to be fair its everyones fault

tango
the players form
injuries
decisions

its the perfect storm!

Please add to that list

warnock.
n Cash.
tepid supporters.
crap 'food' in the bars.
no decaf coffee.
dreadful unhooped couloured away shirts.
smoking in the loo's.
Faurlin's absence.
Hateley.
Sheron.

etc

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Is this correct? on 14:33 - Mar 12 with 3656 viewsCharlie1

Is this correct? on 11:09 - Mar 12 by Antti_Heinola

agree with that, dave, but scoring first would have put tremendous pressure on them and Cisse might well have had a field day as they pushed forward looking for an equaliser. You can't really compare, because that goal would have changed the game immeasurably. A mistake like the offside for Cisse is, for me, understandable - when we get those against us I'm never too bothered because it's so close to being onside that it hardly matters. But a mistake that big and important has huge repercussions.

Add the atmosphere into the mix. The crowd was both nervous and restless. Their fans would have made it worse for the bolton players.

It had a dramatic impact on the outcome of the game irrespective of the time left.

2:59 baby!

Is this correct? on 14:53 - Mar 12 with 3622 viewsBluce_Ree

Is this correct? on 10:16 - Mar 12 by carrotcrunch_R

bollox. The players have been GASH.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Is this correct? on 15:02 - Mar 12 with 3609 viewssmegma

Is this correct? on 14:23 - Mar 12 by pomanjou

Please add to that list

warnock.
n Cash.
tepid supporters.
crap 'food' in the bars.
no decaf coffee.
dreadful unhooped couloured away shirts.
smoking in the loo's.
Faurlin's absence.
Hateley.
Sheron.

etc

and Finney.
Is this correct? on 15:08 - Mar 12 with 3598 viewsdaveB

Is this correct? on 13:45 - Mar 12 by Clive_Anderson

We've been on the end of far more bad decisions costing points than the teams we're battling against to stay up, so it's perfectly justifiable complaining about it.

We also seem to be out of luck in other ways too by hitting the post every game and opponents getting lucky deflected goals from their first attack etc.

i'm not sure we have had less go for us than other clubs. Look at that corner goal for Blackburn against Wigan which won them the game after Yakubu didn't touch it, Lampard not sent off against Wolves when they were on top we've all had things go against us.

Of course we can complain about Saturday and other games as well but eventually we need to react to things not going for us like we did when Ephraim and Orr were sent off in games against Reading last season. We just look like a team happy to blame everyone else rather than ourselves for the position we are in.
Is this correct? on 15:27 - Mar 12 with 3569 viewsJamie

Ultimately the problem is that we're not a team, just an expensive group of names. Blackburns squad has half the talent but twice the heart and desire.

Zamora, Cisse, Barton, SWP, Ferdinand, Traore, none of these players truly care. They've all been around this level and will have another chance in the future.

Look at Hill, Helguson, Yakubu, Holt, Mackie, Morison, they're all players who will probably never get another chance at this level and they all work their b.llocks off.

People say the squad that came up would get destroyed, but the Blackburn squad set to stay up is no better than our promotion squad.

The squad that came up last season dug in and rolled their socks up in adversity. When we went a goal or a man down last season the players worked twice as hard. This year the second things go against us, heads are down immediately
Is this correct? on 15:35 - Mar 12 with 3559 viewsPinnerPaul

We're not the only team hitting the woodwork!

Everton did after 3 mins, if that had gone in, would we have still got a point?
Is this correct? on 15:38 - Mar 12 with 3555 viewsNorthernr

We're up to third in the league for woodwork strikes now, 14. Liverpool are way out in front with 25.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024