Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAF to Retire? 04:51 - May 8 with 14277 viewsade_qpr

LONDON (AFP) - Alex Ferguson could be about to sensationally retire as manager of English Premier League giants Manchester United, according to British media reports on Tuesday.

The Daily Telegraph claimed the 71-year-old Scot was "giving serious consideration" to leaving Old Trafford and could announce his retirement before the end of the week.

The newspaper did not cite sources but said that "senior figures" at the club could not be contacted to either confirm or deny the information.

British bookmakers reported a rush of bets on Everton manager David Moyes to become Ferguson's successor. Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has also been linked with the position in the past.

Ferguson has been at United since November 1986 and is the most successful manager in the history of English football.

In his 26-and-a-half-year reign, he has led the club from the English northwest to 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, and two Champions League titles, as well as a host of other honours.

United claimed an unprecedented 20th English league title last month, having narrowly lost out to local rivals Manchester City the previous season.

During Ferguson's tenure, United have become one of the most famous teams in world sport, with American business magazine Forbes recently reporting that they are worth $3.17 billion (2.42 billion euros).

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/17062323/ferguson-considering

Any news from the English press or another piss in the wind report?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

SAF to Retire? on 17:23 - May 8 with 1804 viewsHantsR

SAF to Retire? on 13:12 - May 8 by CamberleyR

Similar to the scenario when Matt Busby "moved upstairs" and Wilf McGuinness took over. He only lasted 18 months as did Frank O'Farrell as Busby was still casting his shadow over the club as a director.

United were relegated five years after Busby retired. We can but dream...

Exactly what I was thinking. Agree with Norf re Moyes - very difficult if not impossible to follow such a successful, larger-than-life character and expect success, especially when they are blase about success, expecting it rather than desperately wanting it and even a 1-1 Premiership draw is considered a terrible tragedy by Manure fans
SAF to Retire? on 17:33 - May 8 with 1782 viewsJuzzie

Could this be the end of Utd's dominance?

With so much pressure and expectation of the new manager and with SAF still being a director and clearly influential, it will add even more pressure to the new manager.

Party time!

SAF to Retire? on 23:58 - May 8 with 1711 viewseastside_r

In amongst the hagiographic articles, I see no mention of his dismissal from St. Mirren. As the true facts have never been publicly revealed, I'll not post details here.

A brilliant manager though, that much is without doubt.
SAF to Retire? on 00:25 - May 9 with 1687 viewsBuck_Chilly

He's been Man U's manager longer than I've been alive and he's been winning the league for as long as I can remember. I think its about time he stands aside. My only wish now is for my "London Reds" mates to learn some humility and for Manure to go on a barren run for a few years and possibly struggle for top 4. It probably wont happen mind...
SAF to Retire? on 04:20 - May 9 with 1672 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Very clever of the c unt to reitire now. A poor and lucky man u won it this season. The scum, city and even arse and lpool will be stronger next year

It's got to be Yarg

SAF to Retire? on 05:16 - May 9 with 1668 viewstimcocking

The end of an era indeed.

For me, a sad day no question about that (as Fergie likes to say).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024