Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SAF to Retire? 04:51 - May 8 with 14276 viewsade_qpr

LONDON (AFP) - Alex Ferguson could be about to sensationally retire as manager of English Premier League giants Manchester United, according to British media reports on Tuesday.

The Daily Telegraph claimed the 71-year-old Scot was "giving serious consideration" to leaving Old Trafford and could announce his retirement before the end of the week.

The newspaper did not cite sources but said that "senior figures" at the club could not be contacted to either confirm or deny the information.

British bookmakers reported a rush of bets on Everton manager David Moyes to become Ferguson's successor. Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has also been linked with the position in the past.

Ferguson has been at United since November 1986 and is the most successful manager in the history of English football.

In his 26-and-a-half-year reign, he has led the club from the English northwest to 13 Premier League titles, five FA Cups, four League Cups, and two Champions League titles, as well as a host of other honours.

United claimed an unprecedented 20th English league title last month, having narrowly lost out to local rivals Manchester City the previous season.

During Ferguson's tenure, United have become one of the most famous teams in world sport, with American business magazine Forbes recently reporting that they are worth $3.17 billion (2.42 billion euros).

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/football/news/article/-/17062323/ferguson-considering

Any news from the English press or another piss in the wind report?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

SAF to Retire? on 09:47 - May 8 with 2617 viewsbob566

benitez said yesterday in a prezzie that he wouldnt be at SB next year and that all the scum fans would know the replacement and be very happy with him.

2+2 = mourinho for the scum

That's what i thought until this mornings news. Maybe SAF has stood down to give united a chance of getting their man.
SAF to Retire? on 09:50 - May 8 with 2607 viewsrichranger

Since Ferguson went to United - QPR have had 20 full time managers - not including caretakers!
SAF to Retire? on 09:53 - May 8 with 2590 viewsdaveB

i'd love it just love it if Mourinhio went to Man Utd and took Lampard with him.

Smart money though has to be David Moyes
SAF to Retire? on 09:54 - May 8 with 2585 viewsKevinPR

SAF to Retire? on 09:47 - May 8 by bob566

benitez said yesterday in a prezzie that he wouldnt be at SB next year and that all the scum fans would know the replacement and be very happy with him.

2+2 = mourinho for the scum

That's what i thought until this mornings news. Maybe SAF has stood down to give united a chance of getting their man.

Very interesting 'next manager' markets developing.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/man-utd/next-permanent-man
http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/chelsea/next-permanent-man
SAF to Retire? on 09:55 - May 8 with 2579 viewsTheBlob

He was helped by being able to buy and stockpile every decent player going.
Maybe some of the fear and intimidation will go out of football now that gum chewing bottle nosed kunt is out of the frame.
And fukk you too Martin Tyler and all the other Ure arse licking toadies.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

SAF to Retire? on 10:00 - May 8 with 2563 viewsJamie

On the pitch Mourinho makes sense as he will guarentee a title and perhaps a CL.

Off the pitch, he will cost over £10m to get from RM, he will fall out with at least one high profile player and bring media drama.

Moyes makes more sense IMO, but the 'fans' may scream too loudly for Mourinho.
SAF to Retire? on 10:05 - May 8 with 2552 viewsGloucs_R

Or what about the Dortmund Manager?

Poll: Are we staying up?

SAF to Retire? on 10:56 - May 8 with 2464 viewsloftboy

Following the shock news that Sir Alex Ferguson is retiring at the end of the season, Wrigleys have announced they have entered administration.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

SAF to Retire? on 11:02 - May 8 with 2458 viewsloftboy

Whoever takes over is going to have the shadow of red nose looming over them.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

SAF to Retire? on 11:04 - May 8 with 2456 viewsade_qpr

Now its confirmed, I wonder if health rather than any thing else played a roll in retiring?

Also wonder how long he will live now he's not managing? Going along the lines many people in sports/business once they are out of it struggle to adapt or does the fire burn some where else eg commentary?

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

SAF to Retire? on 11:06 - May 8 with 2446 viewsbob566

SAF to Retire? on 11:04 - May 8 by ade_qpr

Now its confirmed, I wonder if health rather than any thing else played a roll in retiring?

Also wonder how long he will live now he's not managing? Going along the lines many people in sports/business once they are out of it struggle to adapt or does the fire burn some where else eg commentary?

i guess he'll concentrate on his horse racing
SAF to Retire? on 11:11 - May 8 with 2437 viewsElHoop

If money talks then it will be Moyes. I assume they will have to wait until Everton can't make the Europa League? Maybe Spurs will decide that tonight.
SAF to Retire? on 11:12 - May 8 with 2434 viewsbosh67

I think we should get him here on a 4 year contract. The hand dryer in the SAR toilet isn't working.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

SAF to Retire? on 11:36 - May 8 with 2378 viewsDWQPR

SAF to Retire? on 09:41 - May 8 by N12Hoop

If Mourino takes over though he is on a hiding to nothing, because if he doesn't win the PL and CL he will be considered a failure. His ego is one that likes to take clubs that aren't winning anything and then take them to glory. That's a bit tough when you take over a team that has won its league at a canter. Could this be the undoing of the chosen one? Either way I'd rather he went there than the scum.

Mourinho to Ferguson would be Bowles to Marsh. Won't give a monkeys about the reputation and the adoration of his predecessor but would be ore interested in writing his own chapter.

As far as Ferguson going, glad, will not miss the sour faced whisky sodden k.nut. The pressure this bloke has put on referees in this country has long since been unhealthy and I suspect that a number of officials will breath a sigh of relief. And as far as being a great manager. Give me a club with a f**king great cheque book, big enough to sign anybody he wants and I won't do the worst job in the world. When I heard the reports all over the radio this morning I thought he had died.............................................................

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

SAF to Retire? on 11:49 - May 8 with 2361 viewsPhildo

The prospect of a bit of shuffling going on in managers as a result of this could offer Harry a quick route back into the premier league which I would expect him to take TBH.

As for SAF great manger horrible man- always slagged his players off once they were gone. Clearly had decided to off Rooney a couple of months ago but once he decided to go started saying he was not yet at his peak setting his successor up to fail on that one. Became bigger then anyone or thing else and could virtually make his own rules as regards press and FA. Refs who got on the wrong side of him were finished. Very unhealthy. No wonder he got on with Jose who is a similar character.
SAF to Retire? on 11:53 - May 8 with 2115 viewsrsonist

I expect Moyes to United, Jose to Chelsea, Martinez to Everton

This really is an end of an era, yes United still have the money but they'll just be any other club without Fergie driving them on. Even Jose would have struggled to arrest decline but Moyes hasn't a chance IMO. Especially with Fergie still upstairs as director.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
SAF to Retire? on 12:06 - May 8 with 2095 viewsexiled_dictator

My brother is distraught, inconsolable.

First Margaret Thatcher, now this.
It's going to be a long summer ........

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

SAF to Retire? on 12:15 - May 8 with 2082 viewswombat

SAF to Retire? on 12:06 - May 8 by exiled_dictator

My brother is distraught, inconsolable.

First Margaret Thatcher, now this.
It's going to be a long summer ........

cant belive nobody have mentioned sparky in possible replacements ?

if Harry was to leave and its a big if id go for ollie to come back with jackett alongside him

Poll: which is your favouite foot

SAF to Retire? on 12:18 - May 8 with 2077 viewsdaveB

SAF to Retire? on 09:55 - May 8 by TheBlob

He was helped by being able to buy and stockpile every decent player going.
Maybe some of the fear and intimidation will go out of football now that gum chewing bottle nosed kunt is out of the frame.
And fukk you too Martin Tyler and all the other Ure arse licking toadies.

not really true, when he took over United were a top 8 side at best winning the odd cup, similar to Liverpool now. He has had plenty of money to spend but he also built teams with young English players and built around 5 fantastic teams. I know not many like him but as a manager he is the best ever and deserves immense respect for staying at the top for so long
SAF to Retire? on 12:31 - May 8 with 2056 viewsexiled_dictator

I can see a situation where the replacement manager fails to do the treble next season, the fans & media call for a public hanging, and SAF comes back downstairs to take over again 'just for a while'.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

SAF to Retire? on 12:31 - May 8 with 2056 viewsJonDoeman

SAF to Retire? on 11:53 - May 8 by rsonist

I expect Moyes to United, Jose to Chelsea, Martinez to Everton

This really is an end of an era, yes United still have the money but they'll just be any other club without Fergie driving them on. Even Jose would have struggled to arrest decline but Moyes hasn't a chance IMO. Especially with Fergie still upstairs as director.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Moyes @ Man Yoo ? ............... destined to fail.

Martinez @ Everton ?........should've gone to Liverpool then!

It Is What It Is !!

SAF to Retire? on 12:40 - May 8 with 2041 viewsTacticalR

SAF to Retire? on 08:57 - May 8 by ElHoop

Moyes is out of contract this summer so it would be a good time to get him on board in some capacity. The two of them appear to get on well, which would help a lot. Mourinho was making overtures during the Madrid game, which would indicate that they haven't approached him, so my money is on Moyes.

It was weird seeing Mourinho pretending to be humble after the Madrid game. It didn't suit him.

Air hostess clique

SAF to Retire? on 12:44 - May 8 with 2029 viewsClive_Anderson

Moyes deserves a shot with a team with bigger financial resources. Always seen him as a Ferguson type manager who gets the most out of players and creates a solid unit that's very hard to beat.

Shame really that a team as big as Everton can't compete with the others on an even player field.
SAF to Retire? on 12:45 - May 8 with 2028 viewsA40Bosh

Moyes to Man U seems a better fit to me. SAF moves upstairs and a fellow Scot comes in with a wealth of Premier League experience and has constantly performed well at a club that does not often open the cheque book to any great extent.

Jose does not stay anywhere too long does he. Comes in with all the hype, ruffles feathers, wins a couple of trophies and then fcuks off somewhere else. I dont see this being a fit for Man U. I still think he will go to Chelsea and whilst I would laugh myself sick at the thought of Chelsea losing him to Man U, the sensible part of me says that Moyes should go there as a long term replacement, The Special One goes back for a second falling out with the Russian and stability is maintained at Old Trafford for another 10 years.

Unless his health has taken a serious nose dive in the last couple of weeks and he has had to cut short his active service on the front line at short notice, I cannot imagine Man U leaving this sort of monumental decision of who will take over until after the announcement has been made that SAF is retiring. Moyes has stayed tight lipped but I wonder if The Special One is lining everyone up for the fall by everyone including Rafa thinking he is going back to Chelsea.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

SAF to Retire? on 12:47 - May 8 with 2017 viewsQPRDave

First Margaret Thatcher dies...now Fergie retires
Somewhere there is a scouser with a lamp and one wish left!!!!!!

Taken from acricketer on watrb, just thought that was needed to be shared on here classic!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024