Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Banana skin awaits . 10:57 - Nov 1 with 1312 viewsbwildered

Potential banana skin waits , next Saturday in the FA cup , due to our recent away displays. Will Harriot and Jones be made available by there respective loan clubs ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Banana skin awaits . on 11:11 - Nov 1 with 1308 viewsburnsieespana

Both more than likely not and agree this is a far from easy assigment.
Banana skin awaits . on 13:54 - Nov 1 with 1278 viewsLeadbelly

With our porous back four and that clown Parish in goal anything could happen next Saturday.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Banana skin awaits . on 16:52 - Nov 1 with 1242 viewsdurham_exile

Banana skin awaits . on 13:54 - Nov 1 by Leadbelly

With our porous back four and that clown Parish in goal anything could happen next Saturday.

Wealdstone warmed up nicely with an Away win at the league leaders yesterday.

Let us be honest defeat next week is unthinkable and should be a comfortable 3 or 4 NIL to the U's.

However if lose we do then TH should go by 5pm.

Up the U's

Humes OUT

Durham_exile

Banana skin awaits . on 18:07 - Nov 1 with 1230 viewsnoah4x4

I have just been to watch Daggers versus Luton in Division Two (0-2); featuring Jamie Cureton (Daggers); also Luke Guttridge and Jack Marriott (Luton) of former U's fame. Marriott looked lively (and much slimmer!); Gutteridge had a decent game, but Cureton was embarrassingly ineffective as was Craig Mackeil-Smith (Luton); the U's past tormenter when at Peterbough.

This was simply the most awful game of football I have seen at any level since the days of Hoofroyd; and played on what I can only describe as a bumpy ploughed field that has been roughly rolled. I would sooner watch the U's (and their opponents) play good football and the U's lose than watch this Division Two (or Conference) dross. The pace of the game was slow; everything was thumped skyward and if either side did string four passes together you knew referee Keith Hill would blow the fourth up for offside. There was absolutely zero finesse by either side. If you think the U's give away soft goals; these were right off the scale of trite tripe.

My point is that what the U's have to guard against at Wealdstone is the threat of this style of football. If we can get it on the deck and the pitch is condusive to playing football we will run riot. But if we get dragged into the type of game that I have just witnessed on a boggy field, prepare for a ground out win and a poor spectacle.
Banana skin awaits . on 18:14 - Nov 1 with 1227 viewscarruthers

How long is it since we won a cup game, been a while, I'm not sure what happens next if we do?
Banana skin awaits . on 18:19 - Nov 2 with 1120 viewslofty

Banana skin awaits . on 18:14 - Nov 1 by carruthers

How long is it since we won a cup game, been a while, I'm not sure what happens next if we do?

You have a very poor memory.
Banana skin awaits . on 18:22 - Nov 2 with 1113 viewsBarsidepete

Banana skin awaits . on 18:19 - Nov 2 by lofty

You have a very poor memory.

You have a very poor recollection of who Carruthers is and his sense of humour.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Banana skin awaits . on 19:39 - Nov 2 with 1079 viewslofty

Banana skin awaits . on 18:22 - Nov 2 by Barsidepete

You have a very poor recollection of who Carruthers is and his sense of humour.

Indeed, been a long time.
Login to get fewer ads

Banana skin awaits . on 23:38 - Nov 2 with 1036 viewsBarsidepete

Banana skin awaits . on 19:39 - Nov 2 by lofty

Indeed, been a long time.

No worries. Wassup, Lofty.

It just FEELS like The U's never win any cup ties. Been to a handful where they did, but good grief.

Won't be sure how to react if the U's move on

edit: Calling it a banana skin, I remember that one at the WHCS, Colchester 1-0 v Swindon Supermarine. Phew!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 23:39]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Banana skin awaits . on 10:25 - Nov 4 with 907 viewsBlueStripes

Banana skin awaits . on 23:38 - Nov 2 by Barsidepete

No worries. Wassup, Lofty.

It just FEELS like The U's never win any cup ties. Been to a handful where they did, but good grief.

Won't be sure how to react if the U's move on

edit: Calling it a banana skin, I remember that one at the WHCS, Colchester 1-0 v Swindon Supermarine. Phew!
[Post edited 2 Nov 2015 23:39]

I've got a bad feeling about this match. Despite their relatively poor position in the league, Wealdstone are obviously no mugs as their away win last Saturday at league leaders Ebbsfleet showed. Combine this with Col U's disappointing slump in form during October, during which we've conceded a whopping 17 goals in 6 matches and taken just 4 points (relegation form, by the way!), and you have a classic recipe for a cup upset. If we do get beaten on Saturday, I think Humes should seriously consider his position. We've had serious defensive problems since the season started and he seems unable to do anything about it.
Banana skin awaits . on 12:31 - Nov 4 with 885 viewsnoah4x4

We have only had serious defensive problems when we have not had two (proper) available and fit full backs. Elokobi and Kent are not full backs.

Versus Doncaster we made a single defensive mistake (e.g rather than the recent typical five mistakes per game). Their other goal was a wonder strike and the home keeper MOM. Once Kent came on for Elokobi and Ambrose was subbed (why won't he do a shift and defend?) we were much improved and more composed. Once we see Briggs, Eastman, Kent and eIther KVY or Brindley together in the back four I reckon all will be fine.

But Wealdstone won't be a problem even if we don't have Jones or Harriott available. Our youngsters that will inevitably feature were awesome against non-league AFC Hornchurch and must now be brim full of confidence. It's only a couple of weeks since they stunned an U21 Bournemouth side including (over age) Internationals Harry Arter and Kermogen.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:32]
Banana skin awaits . on 16:52 - Nov 4 with 843 viewsBlueStripes

Banana skin awaits . on 12:31 - Nov 4 by noah4x4

We have only had serious defensive problems when we have not had two (proper) available and fit full backs. Elokobi and Kent are not full backs.

Versus Doncaster we made a single defensive mistake (e.g rather than the recent typical five mistakes per game). Their other goal was a wonder strike and the home keeper MOM. Once Kent came on for Elokobi and Ambrose was subbed (why won't he do a shift and defend?) we were much improved and more composed. Once we see Briggs, Eastman, Kent and eIther KVY or Brindley together in the back four I reckon all will be fine.

But Wealdstone won't be a problem even if we don't have Jones or Harriott available. Our youngsters that will inevitably feature were awesome against non-league AFC Hornchurch and must now be brim full of confidence. It's only a couple of weeks since they stunned an U21 Bournemouth side including (over age) Internationals Harry Arter and Kermogen.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 12:32]

I take your points Noah, I only wish I shared your confidence about Saturday!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024