Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Szmodics to Braintree 16:46 - Oct 30 with 864 viewsLeadbelly

One month loan.

Think one or two others could/would/should benefit from a month or two playing regular first team football elsewhere.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Szmodics to Braintree on 17:20 - Oct 30 with 856 viewsbwildered

TH implied last week that some bench warmers would be made available has loanees . Just needs the right club / level , which has happened in this instance .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Szmodics to Braintree on 19:53 - Oct 30 with 834 viewsgerry_us

Bad decision. We should be using him more; he has always impressed whenever I have seen him. Unfortunately a decent run last season has not been followed with a run in the team this year. Could this be another case of "incompatbility" with TH? Hope not.
Szmodics to Braintree on 20:17 - Oct 30 with 828 viewsBarsidepete

Like I need more reason to follow how Braintree is doing every week. Jesus H Christ.

Ok. Do your stuff.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Szmodics to Braintree on 20:34 - Oct 30 with 811 viewswessex_exile

Szmodics to Braintree on 19:53 - Oct 30 by gerry_us

Bad decision. We should be using him more; he has always impressed whenever I have seen him. Unfortunately a decent run last season has not been followed with a run in the team this year. Could this be another case of "incompatbility" with TH? Hope not.

I honestly don't think so Gerry - let's face it, we currently have a wealth of talent in the attacking half of the pitch, it would likely be some while before Sammy could force his way back in again, or another injury. Putting him out to loan at a decent level like Braintree is hopefully going to give him plenty of match experience, perchance to be ready and available when either we do get another injury crisis, or maybe Callum is recalled to Charlton? I think Humes has stuck pretty well with Sammy, I can only see this loan as a positive "you're still in my plans" move.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Szmodics to Braintree on 22:45 - Oct 30 with 804 viewsLeadbelly

There was an article in the EADT today where Humes said he had turned down loans due to injuries but things could change. Obviously they did.

I see it as a positive. Barring several injuries Szmodics and other younger players are unlikely to play first team football. I'm certain a month at Braintree, where the results really matter, will do more good than another month playing U21 football.

Szmodics to Braintree on 23:30 - Oct 30 with 796 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think it's a positive move for Sammie and I don't think this spells the beginning of the end of his time at the club. Shame he's had to drop down two divisions but Conference football will still be good for his development.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Szmodics to Braintree on 23:49 - Oct 31 with 748 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Started and scored the winner for Braintree today. Bet their fans love him already.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Szmodics to Braintree on 11:21 - Nov 1 with 726 viewsburnsieespana

Good move I reckon as needs gametime rather than coming on for last 15 mins as a sub.
Braintree are now on the edge of the promotion group. I think I read the ground would not be acceptable for Div2 so should Braintree get promotion wonder what would happen, ie would they be looking to play homes games at WHCS?
Login to get fewer ads

Szmodics to Braintree on 12:22 - Nov 1 with 719 viewsLeadbelly

Szmodics to Braintree on 11:21 - Nov 1 by burnsieespana

Good move I reckon as needs gametime rather than coming on for last 15 mins as a sub.
Braintree are now on the edge of the promotion group. I think I read the ground would not be acceptable for Div2 so should Braintree get promotion wonder what would happen, ie would they be looking to play homes games at WHCS?

Braintree have been looking at a possible relocation for years. There is another sports stadium in the town, on the Rayne Rd industrial estate I think, which could work for football. The Cressing Rd ground is in a residential area which is where all the value is these days so it could be a sound move financially.

Szmodics to Braintree on 18:19 - Nov 1 with 684 viewsnoah4x4

Funny enough I have just commented in another thread about the Daggers versus Luton game today where the pitch was shockingly worse than I have ever seen at Braintree and the rest of the Daggers facilities are not much better. But the problem at our nearest neighbour is the stands, seating inadequacys, parking, access etc.

So if Braintree did get promoted, how about a ground share at WHCS?

I am, of course, being deliberately controversial to perhaps get a debate going, but WHCS is the 'community' stadium. If the Ricoh and Keepmoat can be used for rugby; and some other football clubs share grounds, why not? The extra revenue must surely benefit both clubs; or would the greedy borough council take the benefits?

Views?
Szmodics to Braintree on 19:50 - Nov 1 with 669 viewsLeadbelly

Szmodics to Braintree on 18:19 - Nov 1 by noah4x4

Funny enough I have just commented in another thread about the Daggers versus Luton game today where the pitch was shockingly worse than I have ever seen at Braintree and the rest of the Daggers facilities are not much better. But the problem at our nearest neighbour is the stands, seating inadequacys, parking, access etc.

So if Braintree did get promoted, how about a ground share at WHCS?

I am, of course, being deliberately controversial to perhaps get a debate going, but WHCS is the 'community' stadium. If the Ricoh and Keepmoat can be used for rugby; and some other football clubs share grounds, why not? The extra revenue must surely benefit both clubs; or would the greedy borough council take the benefits?

Views?

I may be wrong but I think any promoted club without a suitable ground needs to show they have plans in place to improve the current ground to league standard or plans for a new ground. I would suggest a ground share would be the least of their problems if they don't everything else lined up.

Szmodics to Braintree on 13:36 - Nov 2 with 626 viewsburnsieespana

Szmodics to Braintree on 19:50 - Nov 1 by Leadbelly

I may be wrong but I think any promoted club without a suitable ground needs to show they have plans in place to improve the current ground to league standard or plans for a new ground. I would suggest a ground share would be the least of their problems if they don't everything else lined up.

Not sure as I believe a ground share is more than acceptable for promotion to the league from Conference level provided an agreement is in place at season end.
I reckon Col U would benefit as they pay an agreed amount to the Council for use of stadium but are responsible for pitch, etc.
Szmodics to Braintree on 16:46 - Nov 2 with 613 viewsBarsidepete

Szmodics to Braintree on 13:36 - Nov 2 by burnsieespana

Not sure as I believe a ground share is more than acceptable for promotion to the league from Conference level provided an agreement is in place at season end.
I reckon Col U would benefit as they pay an agreed amount to the Council for use of stadium but are responsible for pitch, etc.

I don't understand the logistics, Burnsie.

So the WHCS pitch is twice as torn up. The schedule has to accommodate the fact two clubs would have to alternate Saturday and Sunday games? Would the Football League even accept that?

Braintree needs another alternative, and playing at the Wessie is not going to happen.There has to be another stadium option for Braintree.

If they cannot afford to be in League 2, oh well. I wish them well. But not at our expense.

Szmodics to Braintree on 13:25 - Nov 3 with 578 viewsburnsieespana

Szmodics to Braintree on 16:46 - Nov 2 by Barsidepete

I don't understand the logistics, Burnsie.

So the WHCS pitch is twice as torn up. The schedule has to accommodate the fact two clubs would have to alternate Saturday and Sunday games? Would the Football League even accept that?

Braintree needs another alternative, and playing at the Wessie is not going to happen.There has to be another stadium option for Braintree.

If they cannot afford to be in League 2, oh well. I wish them well. But not at our expense.

Hey not promoting the cause of Braintree but just trying to establish what situation they could/would be in if they managed to get promo as be a shame, for an Essex neighbourer, to miss out because the existing ground is unsuitable.
More than one team have ground shared, eg Palace and Wimbledon.
Szmodics to Braintree on 16:04 - Nov 3 with 563 viewsBarsidepete

Szmodics to Braintree on 13:25 - Nov 3 by burnsieespana

Hey not promoting the cause of Braintree but just trying to establish what situation they could/would be in if they managed to get promo as be a shame, for an Essex neighbourer, to miss out because the existing ground is unsuitable.
More than one team have ground shared, eg Palace and Wimbledon.

That's interesting. Sounds like a logistical glitch. I don't have an issue with this. But would it mean one or the other would have to alternate Saturdays and Sundays some weeks? The Football League adjusts the schedule where neither would be home the same weekend?

In the NFL, the N.Y. Giants and N.Y. Jets share a ground. Apparently they've worked around that. In the NBA the Los Angeles Lakers and L.A. Clippers have sorted this.

Well, I hope Braintree the best. That would be cool to have The Iron in League 2.

Szmodics to Braintree on 16:48 - Nov 3 with 554 viewsnoah4x4

Now here's the rub, and why I provoked this extension to the debate;

Colchester United is the primary tenant at WHCS and I believe it employs all ground, catering, maintenance and cleaning staff etc. It seems to me that if a groundshare occured, Braintree would (in all logic) have to become sub-tenants of the U's. It would be bonkers to recruit and manage seperate stadium staffing other than extra stewarding required on the additional days. There must also be some economies of scale.

Whilst the ever greedy borough council would no doubt demand an increase in primary rent from the U's reflecting the additional "rent" paid by Braintree, the U's would enjoy a large increase in REVENUE, albeit with most of that paid away in higher expenses. But surely it is REVENUE that dictates the Financial Fair Play budget that in turn limits the U's squad and wages budget. So by entertaining Braintree whilst not necessarily increasing the U's profits might we be able to get some better players within FFP?
Szmodics to Braintree on 18:37 - Nov 3 with 543 viewsdurham_exile

Ground sharing - no thanks.

What next Col U to share with Piswich at Poorman Road.

Promotion to the Championship will do wonders for the gates.

Up the U's

Humes Out

Durham_exile

Szmodics to Braintree on 21:18 - Nov 3 with 537 viewsLeadbelly

I think it would be a great pity if Braintree secured promotion and were unable to find a temporary home if Cressing Rd isn't up to it. As far as an existing League ground goes then WHCS is the only sensible option.

If we were unlucky enough to be in a similar situation I'd put aside my dislike for Ipswich and watch home games at Portman Rd. If the boot was on the other foot, however unlikely that may be, I'd have no problem if Ipswich had to play at our ground. What I'd absolutely hate to see happen ever again is a Wimbledon/MK. No fans deserve to lose their club or even miss out on promotion because a new home can't be found.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 22:33]

Szmodics to Braintree on 21:59 - Nov 3 with 525 viewsBarsidepete

Szmodics to Braintree on 21:18 - Nov 3 by Leadbelly

I think it would be a great pity if Braintree secured promotion and were unable to find a temporary home if Cressing Rd isn't up to it. As far as an existing League ground goes then WHCS is the only sensible option.

If we were unlucky enough to be in a similar situation I'd put aside my dislike for Ipswich and watch home games at Portman Rd. If the boot was on the other foot, however unlikely that may be, I'd have no problem if Ipswich had to play at our ground. What I'd absolutely hate to see happen ever again is a Wimbledon/MK. No fans deserve to lose their club or even miss out on promotion because a new home can't be found.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2015 22:33]

But the U's have a beautiful ground. ITFC has no trouble getting 17-20,000 there on a given game day. Even if they dropped back into League 1.

So 1500-2000 at the WHCS to follow Braintree?

The Iron, their problem may be that they didn't foresee being this good this soon. But it's not prudent for them building a new stad. Their fan-base is not big enough yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024