Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norris signs for Stevenage 13:36 - Jan 5 with 1041 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Permanent deal! Bit baffling this one.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Norris signs for Stevenage on 13:42 - Jan 5 with 1032 viewsburnsieespana

Maybe good mates with Prosser
Did we get a fee?
Just appeared in the gazette and evidently was born in Stevenage so maybe for family reasons.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:44]
Norris signs for Stevenage on 14:17 - Jan 5 with 999 viewsLeadbelly

Probably one of the higher earners at the club so feels like a financial rather than football decision. Good news is we can now play 4-6-0 as we have no genuine centre forward!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Norris signs for Stevenage on 14:40 - Jan 5 with 991 viewsFruitbat

Unlikely that they've paid a fee for him. It's only a deal until the end of the season so would assume they've just taken over his contract. Makes financial sense to get his wages off the books and, let's be honest, he was never prolific although we are now somewhat short of centre forward options.

I looked it up the other day and we have a huge number of players out of contract in the summer so I expect more exits this month.

According to Transfermarkt, Smith, George, Poku, Chilvers, Bohui and Welch-Hayes are the only ones with a contract beyond June this year.

Edit: missed one!
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 15:08]
Norris signs for Stevenage on 15:07 - Jan 5 with 981 viewsbwildered

With the extra cost of COVID testing and diddly squat from the big picture project from the PL, this is the start of the end season clear out and fiscal pruning. The Colchester Four from last season could become a flood this time around, unless players curb expectations .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Norris signs for Stevenage on 15:20 - Jan 5 with 960 viewsbwildered

Perhaps due to Brexit, he has overfished the area and busted his quota so has to relocate .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Norris signs for Stevenage on 17:46 - Jan 5 with 920 viewsthrillseeker

I assume LN was one of the higher earners and Robbie was just happy to get him off the wage bill.

Do we have any U-23's/ youth team strikers that are any good? If not I guess a loan signing will be made to cover the remainder of the season
Norris signs for Stevenage on 18:42 - Jan 5 with 903 viewsnoah4x4

I think it abundantly clear that financial survival is now the overbearing force. I recall Robbie Cowling predicting that the pandemic would provoke major changes in player wage structure, which is only feasible as player contracts expire.

Shedding Nozzers wages is evidently more important than promotion, notwithstanding that didn't ever look likely with him. We have long gambled on youth development being our salvation and that will now be tested. Means that we are stuck with Humes and Ball indefinitely as expectations are limited.

I suggest we now merge with Maldon & Tiptree. Robbie then sells our training ground at Florence Park for £20M to build 300 houses, whilst converting the M & T Wallace Binder Ground for training, and we start again. At least we won't become another Bury.......
Norris signs for Stevenage on 19:07 - Jan 5 with 895 viewsLeadbelly

Norris signs for Stevenage on 18:42 - Jan 5 by noah4x4

I think it abundantly clear that financial survival is now the overbearing force. I recall Robbie Cowling predicting that the pandemic would provoke major changes in player wage structure, which is only feasible as player contracts expire.

Shedding Nozzers wages is evidently more important than promotion, notwithstanding that didn't ever look likely with him. We have long gambled on youth development being our salvation and that will now be tested. Means that we are stuck with Humes and Ball indefinitely as expectations are limited.

I suggest we now merge with Maldon & Tiptree. Robbie then sells our training ground at Florence Park for £20M to build 300 houses, whilst converting the M & T Wallace Binder Ground for training, and we start again. At least we won't become another Bury.......

Maldon and Tiptree and Colchester FC. You’ll have a job getting that in a chant.

Login to get fewer ads

Norris signs for Stevenage on 19:35 - Jan 5 with 891 viewsnoah4x4

Norris signs for Stevenage on 19:07 - Jan 5 by Leadbelly

Maldon and Tiptree and Colchester FC. You’ll have a job getting that in a chant.

Always up for a challenge Lead...

MTC United FC
Seems an ideal team to me
Sadly, there remains be one doubt
Success will still need Humes out....
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 19:36]
Norris signs for Stevenage on 21:46 - Jan 5 with 849 viewsoxfcolu

Didn't see this one coming. Does that mean any half decent offer will be taken?
Norris signs for Stevenage on 22:00 - Jan 5 with 841 viewsLeadbelly

Norris signs for Stevenage on 21:46 - Jan 5 by oxfcolu

Didn't see this one coming. Does that mean any half decent offer will be taken?

Other than Mr Humes nobody is indispensable in these uncertain times.

Norris signs for Stevenage on 22:59 - Jan 5 with 827 viewsdurham_exile

Norris signs for Stevenage on 22:00 - Jan 5 by Leadbelly

Other than Mr Humes nobody is indispensable in these uncertain times.

Another disappointing loss to the club.
Chuck Norris was our only recognised number 9.

The aim might be survival but at what cost to the club.
I am seething again!

Up what's left of the U's

4,6,0 will now be the go to formation but actually that's what it had been for the last 10 games.

Very disturbing

Durham_exile

Norris signs for Stevenage on 23:16 - Jan 5 with 823 viewsDaniel

Nothing surprises me with the club these days. Letting Norris go is like giving away your house because you want to save on utility bills.

I hope he goes on to smash in a hat full of goals because he's a decent player that was forced to play under the crap tactics.
Norris signs for Stevenage on 23:26 - Jan 5 with 820 viewsmfb_cufc

Norris signs for Stevenage on 22:59 - Jan 5 by durham_exile

Another disappointing loss to the club.
Chuck Norris was our only recognised number 9.

The aim might be survival but at what cost to the club.
I am seething again!

Up what's left of the U's

4,6,0 will now be the go to formation but actually that's what it had been for the last 10 games.

Very disturbing

Durham, I hear we had to let Norris go because we couldn't afford the raw meat bill any more.

mfb

Norris signs for Stevenage on 23:37 - Jan 5 with 815 viewsmfb_cufc

Norris signs for Stevenage on 23:16 - Jan 5 by Daniel

Nothing surprises me with the club these days. Letting Norris go is like giving away your house because you want to save on utility bills.

I hope he goes on to smash in a hat full of goals because he's a decent player that was forced to play under the crap tactics.

Spot on Daniel. Another decent striker that we never got the best out of because they had to play under this pathetic failed philosophy. That is the 4-5-1 where the 1 takes social distancing to the extreme.

mfb

Norris signs for Stevenage on 20:31 - Jan 6 with 734 viewsdurham_exile

Norris signs for Stevenage on 23:26 - Jan 5 by mfb_cufc

Durham, I hear we had to let Norris go because we couldn't afford the raw meat bill any more.

Mick, definitely agree.
Colchester residents will once again be able to purchase their T-bone steaks!!!!!

Up the vegan U's

Durham_exile

Norris signs for Stevenage on 17:19 - Jan 8 with 658 viewsGOSBTS

Was a fan of Norris and always felt that our players/system under McGreal (and I assume Ball) never played to his strengths. I'd regularly see him from the South Stand making clever runs in behind defenders and our players never even tried to pick him out.

Wish him all the best at Stevenage. Will always remember the Swindon Town game last season at home, where the game changed on its head when he came on and we turned around a 1-0 deficit to win 3-1. My favourite JCS moment, perhaps even more than the Spurs game!
Norris signs for Stevenage on 17:42 - Jan 8 with 649 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Norris signs for Stevenage on 17:19 - Jan 8 by GOSBTS

Was a fan of Norris and always felt that our players/system under McGreal (and I assume Ball) never played to his strengths. I'd regularly see him from the South Stand making clever runs in behind defenders and our players never even tried to pick him out.

Wish him all the best at Stevenage. Will always remember the Swindon Town game last season at home, where the game changed on its head when he came on and we turned around a 1-0 deficit to win 3-1. My favourite JCS moment, perhaps even more than the Spurs game!

Completely agree with what you're saying. I always felt he needed to be playing regularly to get the best out of him but with decent service he'd score goals for sure. One of the best finishers we've had at the club in recent years.

The second half of that Swindon game was crazy. They were so good in the first half, especially the period when we couldn't even get the ball off them, but the game turned on it's head in the second half. One of my favourite games at the stadium too.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Norris signs for Stevenage on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 607 viewsnoah4x4

Norris misses penalty for Stevenage
Norris signs for Stevenage on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 607 viewsmfb_cufc

Norris has just missed a penalty, after coming on as a second-half sub

mfb

Norris signs for Stevenage on 10:57 - Jan 10 with 561 viewsmfb_cufc

The replacement for Norris could be the return of Freddie Sears. According to Twitter he has been seen at Florence Park a few times recently. He is out of contract at the end of the season, and is not likely to be offered a new one. Though would have to take a big drop in pay to join us.

mfb

Norris signs for Stevenage on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 556 viewswessex_exile

Norris signs for Stevenage on 16:44 - Jan 9 by noah4x4

Norris misses penalty for Stevenage

...and Greg Halford was red-carded (albeit Southend still won 1-0)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024