Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woody to return 11:40 - Nov 12 with 777 viewsdurham_exile

No not in a Toy Story sequel but on loan.

Apparently needs game time and has been having problems getting into the *iswich team.

Thoughts?

Durham_exile

Woody to return on 12:17 - Nov 12 with 772 viewsLeadbelly

Saw this on the EADT website yesterday.

Not sure he's even been getting on the bench let alone in the team. Much as liked him when he was at Col U(when he was in the mood) I'm not convinced he would make much difference to our side at the moment as he can't be match fit.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Woody to return on 12:58 - Nov 12 with 764 viewsnoah4x4

Please.....NO!

Lazy; arrogant; unfit; money grabbing;....Ispwich reject....

I would sooner watch our midfield youngsters that are prepared to die in a blue and white striped shirt than pay his wages. Will never forget his last act for Col Utd.....that soft penalty miss....sums him up.

I last saw him in the game where he got injured for Ispwich. We thought he was faking injury in order to get substituted as he was so far off the pace. Fair enough; some sympathy is deserved; as he broke some vertibrae; but we don't want him back.
Woody to return on 13:05 - Nov 12 with 754 viewsBluenWightExile

HEAR absolutely HEAR Noah!!!

NO - reject that Ipswich lad. Attitudinally damaging to our side and potentially also to the youngsters at this time. Build for our future NOT his.

Once again - and I know I bang on about this - we sometimes seem to look in the wrong directions. My copy of the Non League Paper always highlights young probables and I wonder why we never seem to look into it. Only recently I had watched the progress of Stringer's latest group at Stortford and lo and behold under our noses Posh have signed a really good one today. And he's a stiker.
Lost count of the number of times this happens.
Coker was our only recent foray and he was, I admit, possibly over rated.

Pinault-noir

Woody to return on 13:48 - Nov 12 with 754 viewsLeadbelly

Much debate on this issue amongst farming types on TWTD. Setting aside sugar beet yields and the price of fertiliser it seems this is a simple case of a player needing to recover fitness to have a chance of getting in the first team. We have no need to be involved in that process.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Woody to return on 21:35 - Nov 12 with 717 viewsbwildered

From the managers point of view, team lacking goals from midfield positions, hence Voce signing which is inconclusive, so to be offered a player who knows the set up must be a considered, particularily with a good goal scoring at this level especially from set pieces.
However must have priced himself out of are market.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Woody to return on 23:44 - Nov 12 with 709 viewsmfb_cufc

Seems like this is definitely going to happen. Has tweeted to U's players "see you on Thursday".

mfb

Woody to return on 19:44 - Nov 13 with 668 viewswessex_exile

All will be forgiven when he blasts in an 89th minute free-kick. Without doubt he didn't cover himself in glory towards the end, but still a very good footballer on his day, and if Ipswich are picking up the majority of his wage bill, then I'm happy to give him a go.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Woody to return on 22:43 - Nov 13 with 658 viewsdurham_exile

Woody to return on 19:44 - Nov 13 by wessex_exile

All will be forgiven when he blasts in an 89th minute free-kick. Without doubt he didn't cover himself in glory towards the end, but still a very good footballer on his day, and if Ipswich are picking up the majority of his wage bill, then I'm happy to give him a go.

Up to Woody to put the effort in.

Will be welcomed back as the prodigal.

Up the U's

we need someone to take a decent free kick.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Woody to return on 16:35 - Nov 14 with 644 viewsnoah4x4

Woody to return on 22:43 - Nov 13 by durham_exile

Up to Woody to put the effort in.

Will be welcomed back as the prodigal.

Up the U's

we need someone to take a decent free kick.

First we need a referee to award us a decent free kick....Should have had at least three penalties this season. Leyton Orient being the most notable.

But we will all want to forget Woody's last pathetic effort (miss).

Joe Dunne has said he has had "no contact with him".
Very diplomatic Joe. Just tell him to " ......off",
Woody to return on 21:37 - Nov 14 with 621 viewsdurham_exile

Woody to return on 16:35 - Nov 14 by noah4x4

First we need a referee to award us a decent free kick....Should have had at least three penalties this season. Leyton Orient being the most notable.

But we will all want to forget Woody's last pathetic effort (miss).

Joe Dunne has said he has had "no contact with him".
Very diplomatic Joe. Just tell him to " ......off",

With Jeffrey returning to PNE and *iswich making other pay as you play signings Woody will not only be back on loan but could sign in January!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Woody to return on 22:46 - Nov 14 with 615 viewsgerry_us

Won't be going to U's according to the EADT today.
Shame..........!
Woody to return on 21:35 - Nov 15 with 579 viewsBarsidepete

Woody to return on 22:46 - Nov 14 by gerry_us

Shame..........!

Two subs and often not on the bench. Something doesn't add up. On a related note, Ippy sent striker Jack Marriott to Woking for more playing time. Netted one immediate in a 3-0 v Dartford.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Woody to return on 22:19 - Nov 15 with 573 viewsnoah4x4

Woody to return on 21:35 - Nov 15 by Barsidepete

Two subs and often not on the bench. Something doesn't add up. On a related note, Ippy sent striker Jack Marriott to Woking for more playing time. Netted one immediate in a 3-0 v Dartford.

Simple; Woody has been found out by Mick McCarthy.

Note too how it's reputed to be the last chance saloon for Monakana too at Preston (another I have highlighted as having a poor work rate ever since his wonder goal at Bradford leaving our full backs over exposed. Even strikers must work in modern times - example Rooney.
Woody to return on 06:55 - Nov 19 with 533 viewsdurham_exile

Woody to return on 22:46 - Nov 14 by gerry_us

Shame..........!

Gerry - where is Woody going instead.
Seems a total waste of a player...................we could definitely use him now.

Perhaps Roy Keane was right! Quote from Keane the autobiography page 267 to McCarthy "You're a f****** w*****. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and i don't rate you as a person."

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Woody to return on 10:35 - Nov 19 with 525 viewsBluenWightExile

I'm just not sure Durham.
It was clear in the summer this would be ever such a squeaky season given Joe's first real go at management with his own squad - I was just hopeful of no relegation fight.
Well, that's pie in the sky now cos we're in one, although Leadbellys positive post is noted with optimism.
Once the injuries hit Joe's plans the youngsters have done well.
In consequence I'm insure that bringing in someone with big club I was here before style swagger added to his innate laziness is ideal for our younger impressionable players.
I'm for gritting it out with what we have.

Pinault-noir

Woody to return on 21:17 - Nov 19 with 501 viewsgerry_us

Woody to return on 06:55 - Nov 19 by durham_exile

Gerry - where is Woody going instead.
Seems a total waste of a player...................we could definitely use him now.

Perhaps Roy Keane was right! Quote from Keane the autobiography page 267 to McCarthy "You're a f****** w*****. I didn't rate you as a player, I don't rate you as a manager, and i don't rate you as a person."

Up the U's

Hi Durham.
It was just stated from Ipswich and U's that he would NOT be going to U's. Can't find any further news so presumably he will be sitting on the bench until January.

With all the young 'uns coming through do we really need to have him back especially with his attitude? I certainly don't see Woody being bestest pals with McCarthy do you?
Woody to return on 07:19 - Nov 20 with 494 viewsdurham_exile

Woody to return on 21:17 - Nov 19 by gerry_us

Hi Durham.
It was just stated from Ipswich and U's that he would NOT be going to U's. Can't find any further news so presumably he will be sitting on the bench until January.

With all the young 'uns coming through do we really need to have him back especially with his attitude? I certainly don't see Woody being bestest pals with McCarthy do you?

Hi Gerry.

The problem is at the moment, the injuries still outstanding are the best players.

Therefore our results are simply appalling - Swindon town, a team that we normally send home to Wiltshire with a drubbing, even when they are playing well.

Eastman must return in place of Bolger
Garbutt to return after his enforced one match ban
If fit start Ibehre
Bring Sears back
We are missing Massey

Continue to play Bonne and Gilbey

I am not sure about Lee

Good news that Sanchez Watt will be back in weeks not months.

Drew Wright still a long way from fitness.

Onwards and upwards

Up the U's

My next match Tranmere Away

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024