Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop 08:34 - Sep 20 with 873 viewsdurham_exile

TH has to restore his charges shattered confidence after the most remarkable turn around at the WHCS on Tuesday. In truth some naivety was evident but I suggest tired legs after a monumental effort at the Orient also contributed.

The positives were that we had taken a two goal lead against the jammy Blades and that hasn't happened for many a game against Clough's charges. The best team lost.

Now much has been written about what JD would have done. Totally irrelevant, he is history now (just like Salmond) and we move forward as a club.

TH has a win a draw and a defeat in his first 3 games. There is no use considering what might have been, only today's game matters.

The players though will be wanting to put things right against Parky's Bantams today. Phil Parkinson was the best manager bar none in my 40 years of watching the U's. He will be keen not to lose today, but their talisman Hanson is missing and that could be the difference today.

With Holman loaned to Wrexham and Thompson possibly also loaned out the squad is wafer thin.

Magnus serves a second game of his four.

Drey Wright still out Tosin Olufemi also out long term.

Freddie Sears unlikely to be risked with a back injury. Jabo still injured.

TH has moved quickly to bring in striker Rhys Healey from Cardiff and he will go straight into the team. 4,3,3 formation

Walker

Clohessy Kent Eastman Gordon

Gilbey Eastmond Massey

Watt Healey Moncur

Subs:

Lewington Wright Lawrence Szmodics Bean Vose Bonne

Disappointing crowd on Tuesday. only a win will do today.

Enjoy the game.

STOP PRESS: International clearance not through in time for Healey and so Freddie Sears plays

Up the U's

[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 14:33]

Durham_exile

Healey to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 14:27 - Sep 20 with 812 viewsdurham_exile

International clearance not received in time for Rhys Healey - Freddie Sears plays.

Thought we were still one nation after Thursday!

Durham_exile

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 16:35 - Sep 20 with 779 viewsBarsidepete

Got a feeling, Moncur. But here we go, Eastman with an eye to, but wide.

C'mon the U's.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 16:57 - Sep 20 with 769 viewsBarsidepete

Another clean sheet. Are you serious?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 19:37 - Sep 20 with 735 viewsbwildered

The U's fail to find the cutting end to beat Parky's latest visitors, a early Moncur shot was well saved by the keeper around the post in a stead if unspectacular first half.
The second period brought the U's more control , with the ball being working much quicker and positively but the closest the U's came was when a hardworking Sears, who had several efforts, got around the keeper but his rather tame shot was cleared off the line .
The most disappointing aspect of the U's play must be the set pieces , both the free kicks and insistence to play short corners which never made the keeper work hard enough in their end products.
So the U's gain a point, but strangely played better the other night but came away empty handed , but that's football sometimes, just need to be more ruthless in front of goal and positive results will surely come.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 20:02 - Sep 20 with 727 viewsFruitbat

4 games in charge for TH now: D W L D, think he'd probably have taken that. To my mind he had two main problems when he took over - concede too many and don't score enough. 3 clean sheets in those 4 games suggests that he may have solved the first. Still work to be done on the second but we already look a better side and I feel strangely positive about the whole thing.
Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 713 viewsPaddyA140

Agreed - 3 cleans sheets in 4 is something to build from and after today I think we can move on feeling a lot more confident than any of us felt just before 10pm on Tuesday. Frankie Kent, Moncur, Watt (mostly), Massey... a really young team today looked, I thought, a measured side.

If only... but those last 8 minutes against Sheffield and a little more clinical play in the box today - we'd be securely mid-table. But that's footie - Sheffield got tonked today at Swindon (no doubt having been overconfident after their get out of jail work here on Tues).

onwards!

Up the U's
Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 10:57 - Sep 21 with 652 viewsnoah4x4

I won't be doing a match report as its all been said above.

But we battered them, 24 shots, 9 on target and deserved all three points.
Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 13:30 - Sep 22 with 595 viewsLeadbelly

Still feeling positive. If we keep playing like we did on Tuesday, and second half Saturday, someone is going to get a proper hiding.

A few observations;

We look more solid at the back without Magnus. His availability against Gillingham will make for an interesting situation.
We need to keep Moncur until the end of the season.
We looked more threatening down our left side but so much of the play seemed to be directed down the right.
Apart from a 10 minute spell during the second half I thought Massey looked decidedly average and was hoping he would be replaced by Vose. In the Bricklayers after the game the Bradford fans cited Massey as our liveliest player and biggest threat. Strange.
I agree with Fruitbat. Set pieces were disappointing. I know we haven't scored from a corner since granny caught her tits in the mangle but while we persist with the short corner routine so often used on Saturday we never do so again.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Login to get fewer ads

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 16:03 - Sep 22 with 587 viewsthrillseeker

I thought Massey had a good game Saturday and I enjoyed the whole match

Going back to subject title 'Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop' - I wish he was as the number of chances he(and team mates) miss is unbelievable
Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 21:25 - Sep 22 with 571 viewsdurham_exile

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 16:03 - Sep 22 by thrillseeker

I thought Massey had a good game Saturday and I enjoyed the whole match

Going back to subject title 'Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop' - I wish he was as the number of chances he(and team mates) miss is unbelievable

Thrillseeker, the good news is at least we are creating the chances, now if we convert them as well - who knows.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 20:01 - Sep 25 with 524 viewsthrillseeker

Sears to be fox in Bantam's hen coop on 21:25 - Sep 22 by durham_exile

Thrillseeker, the good news is at least we are creating the chances, now if we convert them as well - who knows.

Up the U's

Indeed it is good news regarding the amount of chances we create but it is mightily frustrating watching us miss chance after chance after chance after chance.

We are close to being a decent team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024