Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight 21:19 - Mar 10 with 773 viewsdurham_exile

While Bristol City are comfortably ahead at Huish park Bradford are drawing 1-1 at the Ricoh, come on the Bantams

Durham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 21:47 - Mar 10 with 761 viewsdurham_exile

1-1 FT

Coventry three points clear with a better GD

The game at the Ricoh will be a real 6 pointer but we must beat Crawley and Yeovil first

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 22:02 - Mar 10 with 748 viewsthrillseeker

The Coventry game will only be a six pointer if we get at least 4 wins between now and that game.

I think we need a minimum of 6 points from next 2 games to stand a chance of staying up
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 22:14 - Mar 10 with 745 viewspwrightsknees

Getting scary now, isn't it? But a huge "thank-you" to Mark Yeates for pegging Coventry to just one point.
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 10:31 - Mar 11 with 711 viewsburnsieespana

Guys we have been relagated before so not the end of the world, If we git relagated we will be back as we have throughtout the 60 years I have supported Col U.
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 11:08 - Mar 11 with 705 viewsdurham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 10:31 - Mar 11 by burnsieespana

Guys we have been relagated before so not the end of the world, If we git relagated we will be back as we have throughtout the 60 years I have supported Col U.

burnsie - like you I have witnessed relegations and promotions with the U's.

I think this time is different.

We can still stay up this season but the number and regularity of defeats suggests otherwise.

The next two games will define our fate I suggest.

I really hope that we can do it.

League Two would be disastrous for the club in the current climate, dwindling gates and an appalling home record for some years now is difficult to turn around.

The divisions are far more competitive now and one poor season in League Two and the unthinkable becomes reality.

Up the U's

We can do it, keep the faith; but it is time for the players and management to step up to the plate.

Durham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 700 viewsBluenWightExile

Yes Burnsie, I recall all the relegations, the dropping out of the league and so on. Been there before and unless things change it is going to recur.

But I am with Durham on this.

It will be much more difficult to get back I think.

I do not believe that we have 'run' the last 3 years well enough in truth and now, with more defeats than anyone else we probably deserve our fate. But I do desperately want to hang on to the status we have. With the youth set up and the new stadium we are assuming the status of a Div 1 aspirant to the Championship yet have allowed ourselves to slide out of that frame. So...whilst I accept the inevitable I'd really rather we got 5 wins from somewhere if we can.

Up the U's - and the fine supporters on this website too!

Pinault-noir

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 17:42 - Mar 11 with 679 viewsburnsieespana

Of course guys I am not suggesting we "throw in the towel" but some supporters who have never known the ups and downs think the world is coming to an end,
I would far rather we survive but unless we can do something magical over the next few weeks it will be really tough.
Also agree with comments about how tough Div 2 is now as we only have to look at the struggle Southend have had and the budget at Roots Hall must be greater than ours.
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 18:59 - Mar 11 with 672 viewsbwildered

Let's not forget the U's have not been relegated from this level of football ( old Div 3 ) was a remarkable 33 years ago - 1980/81 . Their demise was due to a inconsistent run of form in the last dozen games and was not helped that mid season leading scorer Trevor Lee was sold .
Automatic return was not achieved and except one flirt in the play off semis , decline in the decade lead to the Conference.
In a recent Football League highlights show, a article on Crewe's famed academy was shown ,with a team photograph dated 2013 where every player in the team had directly been produced from the academy set up . A much acclaimed event that took years to achieve .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Login to get fewer ads

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 20:47 - Mar 11 with 662 viewsnoah4x4

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 18:59 - Mar 11 by bwildered

Let's not forget the U's have not been relegated from this level of football ( old Div 3 ) was a remarkable 33 years ago - 1980/81 . Their demise was due to a inconsistent run of form in the last dozen games and was not helped that mid season leading scorer Trevor Lee was sold .
Automatic return was not achieved and except one flirt in the play off semis , decline in the decade lead to the Conference.
In a recent Football League highlights show, a article on Crewe's famed academy was shown ,with a team photograph dated 2013 where every player in the team had directly been produced from the academy set up . A much acclaimed event that took years to achieve .

Will relegation be such a disaster? Why a loss if revenue?

Consider how many fixtures we will probably have with a 'local' interest. i suspect that WHCS average gates may well rise (e.g from more local away support) notably when we start winning again.

Frankly I am fed up with travelling up the A1/M62 too! If we can't stay in Division One, then a selection of fixtures involving (from) Leyton Orient, Crawley; Luton, Southend, Cambridge; Daggers; Cobblers; Stevenage; Barnet (etc) will do nicely! Indeed half our fixtures might be local derbys!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 20:55]
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 20:54 - Mar 11 with 656 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 20:47 - Mar 11 by noah4x4

Will relegation be such a disaster? Why a loss if revenue?

Consider how many fixtures we will probably have with a 'local' interest. i suspect that WHCS average gates may well rise (e.g from more local away support) notably when we start winning again.

Frankly I am fed up with travelling up the A1/M62 too! If we can't stay in Division One, then a selection of fixtures involving (from) Leyton Orient, Crawley; Luton, Southend, Cambridge; Daggers; Cobblers; Stevenage; Barnet (etc) will do nicely! Indeed half our fixtures might be local derbys!
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 20:55]

I agree although if we do go down we could do with Orient coming with us and Wycombe not going up. Next season could see League One looking like the old Division 3 (North) and League Two looking like Division 3 (South). Will save those that go to every game a few quid too unless they happen to live up North!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 21:05 - Mar 11 with 651 viewsnoah4x4

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 20:54 - Mar 11 by RSCOSWORTH

I agree although if we do go down we could do with Orient coming with us and Wycombe not going up. Next season could see League One looking like the old Division 3 (North) and League Two looking like Division 3 (South). Will save those that go to every game a few quid too unless they happen to live up North!

Hosting Sheffield United on a tuesday night has never done us any favours, and the FL computer has repeatedly conspired to mean very few away fans at WHCS.

Next year (if relegated) I envisage the North Stand opening a record number of times. That must improve 'atmosphere'. I reckon we need to release the pressure that has built since our brief flirt with the Championship. It may be the best thing that happens over the longer haul.
Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 22:41 - Mar 11 with 633 viewsdurham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 21:05 - Mar 11 by noah4x4

Hosting Sheffield United on a tuesday night has never done us any favours, and the FL computer has repeatedly conspired to mean very few away fans at WHCS.

Next year (if relegated) I envisage the North Stand opening a record number of times. That must improve 'atmosphere'. I reckon we need to release the pressure that has built since our brief flirt with the Championship. It may be the best thing that happens over the longer haul.

Sorry Noah but relegation would be an unmitigated disaster for the club.

It must be avoided at all costs.

No disrespect to any of the league 2 teams but I would rather go to wigan and Blackpool next season than Luton etc etc

From a personal point of view a reduction in northern clubs would reduce my ability to watch the club as often.

Our developing youngsters need a challenge which league one still offers, league two will undermine any opportunities to take the club forward and we certainly do not wish to regress.

We must achieve the required points from our remaining games to stay in this league.
Up the U''s

Durham_exile

Can Parky yet do us a favour tonight on 17:37 - Mar 12 with 603 viewsBluenWightExile

I have to agree Durham.
In this division one can plan to look upwards. In Division Two I always feel that the magnetics are opposite. A much harder environment for our youngsters too of course.
It would be brilliant to stay in Division One. Of course it wouldn't be a disaster - disasters are what Hillsborough and Valley Parade are all about - but to go down would be so very disappointing after the last 20 years. I know it appears that this has been coming for 3 seasons but that is all the more reason for us to try to head it off!

Up the U's.

Pinault-noir

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024