Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View 17:39 - Sep 19 with 1333 viewsnoah4x4

Told you so! All we ever needed was a striker like Sordell. Our front three will terrify any defence in this league. Eight goals and four times hit woodwork in three games? Will leave others to comment beyond that as I don't have enough voice or superlatives left after Chesterfield, Blades and now today. That is Nine consecutive league games unbeaten at home. 28 points from last 18 games (home & away).

One swallow don't make a Summer....,but let's start to believe....

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 17:44 - Sep 19 with 1323 viewsBarsidepete

The U's have given up on defense. They're just attack now and take their chances, whatever may happen.

A 4-3 could be the occasional norm.

I'm happy to be wrong about TH lately and long may it continue.

And three points off a playoff spot? Where is the Twilight Zone music?

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 18:28 - Sep 19 with 1305 viewsLeadbelly

Let's not celebrate promotion just yet!

Jones is a massive upgrade on the useless Parish. Pity we haven't got him for the rest of the season.

Vincent-Young looked very good and Eastman was solid as usual. Kent had a few shaky moments first half but better second. As far as I'm concerned Briggs remains a complete liability when asked to defend. Hopeless again today in our own half.

Garvan had a good game, Edwards did a job, quiet and efficient. Moncur was involved a lot but I didn't think he was at his best today.

Massey and Sordell worked very hard. No doubt a quick, mobile forward who is prepared to put in a shift makes a massive difference to the effectiveness of the system. Marriott also did well.

Best home performance this season and certainly better than most of last season. The biggest difference was it was actually entertaining.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 21:46 - Sep 19 with 1240 viewsPaddyA140

I thought we looked great today, and Gilbey and Porter (when fit) will struggle to regain a place in the side for a while yet.

Yes the defence remains a little wobbly... Elokobi surely comes back in for Kent next week (not that Kent did too bad)... and I wonder if someone can deputise at LB for Briggs. He's great in the oppo's half but I have to agree he makes one nervous against anyone with pace. Vincent-Young has matured in the space of 4-5 games and should keep his place ahead of Brindley IMHO.

Anyway, I think Garvan was my MOTM - almost effortless, accurate distribution for the whole game and he's big enough to break up the oppo's attacks too. He was class. Keep him and we won't miss Fox.

Up the U's
U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 23:15 - Sep 19 with 1220 viewsFruitbat

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 21:46 - Sep 19 by PaddyA140

I thought we looked great today, and Gilbey and Porter (when fit) will struggle to regain a place in the side for a while yet.

Yes the defence remains a little wobbly... Elokobi surely comes back in for Kent next week (not that Kent did too bad)... and I wonder if someone can deputise at LB for Briggs. He's great in the oppo's half but I have to agree he makes one nervous against anyone with pace. Vincent-Young has matured in the space of 4-5 games and should keep his place ahead of Brindley IMHO.

Anyway, I think Garvan was my MOTM - almost effortless, accurate distribution for the whole game and he's big enough to break up the oppo's attacks too. He was class. Keep him and we won't miss Fox.

Up the U's

Have to agree with your choice of MOM. Garvan was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Thought Edwards had a very good game as well.
U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 09:02 - Sep 20 with 1186 viewswessex_exile

Here's an alternative perspective from the North Stand:

http://www.gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_News_Desk/Entries/2015/9/19_A_MISSED_PENALTY

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 1171 viewsbwildered

He may only be 6ft tall, but outstanding contribution by Jamie Jones . Penalty save in the first half and a brilliant save with a one to one from a missed placed back pass. Looks like Parish will have to find another in due course.
Sordell reminds me of a young Jabo. Agree with the above Garvan comments .
A more compact mature second half display after a frantic first must have pleased the coaching staff. Winning and unbeaten runs breeds confidence, and the subs where well timed in new energy and experience .
A good day around , long may it continue through the winter months .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 10:12 - Sep 20 with 1164 viewsburnsieespana

It does seem we need to find a way to keep Jones once his loan expires. Also money to sign Garvan beyond the end of his short term contract which finishes in January.
U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 10:19 - Sep 20 with 1160 viewsnoah4x4

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 09:02 - Sep 20 by wessex_exile

Here's an alternative perspective from the North Stand:

http://www.gillsconnect.com/s/Gills_News_Desk/Entries/2015/9/19_A_MISSED_PENALTY

A pretty fair perspective, notably their acknowledgement that the penalty was dubious. Talking to some Gills fans in the North Station Road Chippy, they thought they had had "the worst of the referee" - so we might all agree he wasn't good!

They reckon Jones should have been sent off for a punch outside the area, but also agreed that any one of three Gills players (and one U's); most of which had previously been booked for merely a powder puff challenge; might have later seen a second yellow after a much more significant mistimed dangerous tackle. Again, we saw absolutely no refereeing consistency from yet another referee that wanted to be the center of attention flashing his yellow card more often than a matador's cape at a bullfight then losing it when he realised that he had worn it out.

How many more dubious penalties will be awarded against the U's this season? Some doubts about the Blades first; controversy about the retake; Elokobi clearly commited the foul outside the area for the third; now Kent unlucky when a powerful clearance smashed into his downward pointing arm when there was absolutely no danger from any Gills player. The Chesterfield first goal was also a direct strike from a dubious incident where their local commentator (n.b. listen to their 'Spirites Player') enquired "what was that for"? I also saw nothing. Turning the clock back further, Scunny also scored from a direct free kick in a scramble where it was six of one and a half dozen of the other and either side might have been penalised. Maybe now that we are winning games with superb quality football, there won't be an automatic assumption that it is our players that are the clumsy desperate cheats. It certainly wasn't the case yesterday where the powerful physical Gills used far more skullduggery (as did Chesterfield).

So maybe our luck will turn in this context, but praise to (already) U's legend Jamie Jones for keeping us in these games despite such adversity.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2015 10:23]
Login to get fewer ads

U's 2-1 Gills. Noah's View on 20:30 - Sep 21 with 1021 viewsBarsidepete

Hey, Noah.

Followed my listening this weekend to watching the 11 minute highlight package on U's Player .. *btw, I didn't realize you could pop around to other club's "Players" to watch their highlights. Is that new? I thought it was only about the audio streams. You could literally create your own Football League show. I went to the Gills site first and it was the same 11 minutes as on the U's. But whatever. I was curious if they had a different video package. And you know, U's Player is quite a good value for your money. I really like it

Anyway.

That was such a special and clinical effort by Gavin Massey from Callum Harriott's pass.

Besides the equaliser by Luke Norris, Jamie Jones was outstanding in goal. Quality acquisition.

On the second goal Matthew Briggs was a magician in the corner, aided by Moncur, of course, and then Harriott's goal from a dicey angle at left, sublime.

That in-swinger called a handball was ridiculous. But thankfully, Jones knew how to be the hero on the PK. And the later double-save showed his athleticism.

Feeling very optimistic.

Edit. Misspelled "Harriott" twice
[Post edited 21 Sep 2015 20:40]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024