Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henry should replace Barton as captain. 12:16 - Feb 23 with 4360 viewsLadbrokeGrover

IMO Henry should be given the captains armband until possibly Dunne is back.

He has fast become one of my favorite players this season with consistent good, and at times brilliant midfield displays.

1. He sticks to the job given to him by the manager religiously.
2. He's always talking and encouraging others around him.
3. He spots teammates out of position and barks at them to correct it.
4. Never gets involved in nasty and unnecessary off the ball stuff. Basically a disciplined professional.
5. His only bookings come from spotting danger and 'taking one for the team' apart from a couple of clumsy tackles.

All of the above means, for me, he is the man for the job looking at the players CR is using.

One things for sure - Joey should never captain us again and for me his sh1t displays have far outweighed his good ones this season.

I will be glad to see the back of him especially as he seems to think he's better than us which is fu@king laughable.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 12:24 - Feb 23 with 3092 viewsQPunkR

Not sure if Henry's the man for the job, but at least he's a man, unlike weasel Bartonio. Pretty much anyone would make a better captain and Clint and Dunne are the most stand-out choices, but obviously they aren't playing atm so why not try Henry out?

QPR - "shit but local"

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:57 - Feb 23 with 3016 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Wouldn't be surprised if Rio doesn't get the arm band
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:08 - Feb 23 with 2999 viewsSpiritofGregory

One thing is for sure Joey should be stripped of the captaincy. I'd give it to Austin, he is the only one who plays like a captain and he has the respect of the players.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 12:56 - Feb 24 with 2842 viewsrichpr

You forgot....

6. Can't quite manage to pass the ball in a forward direction

Don't dislike Henry and cant fault his effort but how can you call his displays as brilliant. He's had a bout 2 shots all season - probably less than any player in the team. A midfielder should be able to play a bit and not just break up play.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:04 - Feb 24 with 2822 viewsdaveB

Clint Hill is still the club captain. I imagine Ferdinand will have the armband for the next few games
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:26 - Feb 24 with 2796 viewsDiscodroids

ive had to do a peter frampton re karl henry, but its a bit embarrasing to have him as captain.

a mid table championship midfield player who tries his heart out., but the captain of a premier league team.

not for me mullers.

give it to the best , most effective player, charlie austin and watch him grow another foot.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:29 - Feb 24 with 2788 viewsQPunkR

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:26 - Feb 24 by Discodroids

ive had to do a peter frampton re karl henry, but its a bit embarrasing to have him as captain.

a mid table championship midfield player who tries his heart out., but the captain of a premier league team.

not for me mullers.

give it to the best , most effective player, charlie austin and watch him grow another foot.

Doesn't having 3 feet contravene Premier League regulations?

QPR - "shit but local"

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:33 - Feb 24 with 2780 viewsSpiritofGregory

not for me mullers.

To me it should be Austin. He always puts in a shift all over the pitch, he leads by example, is respected by all the players, first on the team sheet, doesn't mince his words, has confidence for the role, has courage and determination and has a football brain.
Login to get fewer ads

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:33 - Feb 24 with 2779 viewsR_from_afar

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 12:56 - Feb 24 by richpr

You forgot....

6. Can't quite manage to pass the ball in a forward direction

Don't dislike Henry and cant fault his effort but how can you call his displays as brilliant. He's had a bout 2 shots all season - probably less than any player in the team. A midfielder should be able to play a bit and not just break up play.

But his job is to be a defensive screen for our defence and he is the best exponent of that in the squad. It's a vital, unglamorous job which he does really well. He doesn't need to be a "flair" player.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:34 - Feb 24 with 2778 viewsHunterhoop

not for me mullers.

Politely disagree, Disco.

On the pitch, Henry is the leader. He does loads of communicating with everyone and is one of the first ones to gee players up when we concede.

This whole thing about him being limited misses the point that "on the ball" isn't the whole thing. Footballers need to be good "off the ball" for the team to function at its best. Whilst "on the ball", Henry is solid but unspectacular, "off the ball" he's the best player in the squad. His reading of the game is excellent. Watch him closely the next time we play and notice how many times he slots in seamlessly at CB, LB or RB in open play due to someone else getting caught up field, going down injured.

This sort of thing is crucial to the team working. Then on top of all that, he covers about 10-15% more distance than ANY other player per game.

He's a leader. Your captain doesn't have to be your best player. Of the current first XI, he's more captain material than anyone else, in my view.

Karl "The Maestro" Henry for captain!!
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:41 - Feb 24 with 2767 viewsQPRski

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:08 - Feb 23 by SpiritofGregory

One thing is for sure Joey should be stripped of the captaincy. I'd give it to Austin, he is the only one who plays like a captain and he has the respect of the players.

Austin is great.

But I would not burden him with the additional responsibilty of the captaincy. Let him focus on scoring goals.

Of our curent playing players, I would give it to Rio or Henry.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:12 - Feb 24 with 2730 viewsadhoc_qpr

not for me mullers.

How many games does someone have to play to be classed as a 'prem' player?

Karl Henry must have well over a 100 prem games under his belt over at least 4 season in the top flight.

I'd be happy with Henry or Green as Captain, Rio wouldn't be the worst choice if he#s playing (i.e. not when other Onouha is fit)
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:30 - Feb 24 with 2708 viewsDiscodroids

fair points all, but i can just see the opposition dressing room now.." fk me lads, karl henry is the QPR captain today, thank fu ck were back to ya ya toure next week

god loves a trier, and he loves our karl.

id like to see zamora giving the vice captains role and niko 1st lieutenant just to complete the circle of utter shite.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:51 - Feb 24 with 2694 viewsWestminsteRs

I'd be tempted to give the armband to Caulker. Skipper at Cardiff and could be the little boost he needs. Giving the captaincy or not giving the captaincy to Henry, Ferdinand or Hill will not change the way they play. Caulker could be the captain for many years to come.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:00 - Feb 24 with 2684 viewssimmo

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 14:30 - Feb 24 by Discodroids

fair points all, but i can just see the opposition dressing room now.." fk me lads, karl henry is the QPR captain today, thank fu ck were back to ya ya toure next week

god loves a trier, and he loves our karl.

id like to see zamora giving the vice captains role and niko 1st lieutenant just to complete the circle of utter shite.

Could have said the same things about Lord Derry....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:01 - Feb 24 with 2683 viewshoopdog

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:57 - Feb 23 by dodge_stoke_r

Wouldn't be surprised if Rio doesn't get the arm band

I'd go along with Rio making him captain would make him responsible for Caulker ,
he's been captain nearly all his career and at highest level
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:03 - Feb 24 with 2679 viewsSpiritofGregory

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:41 - Feb 24 by QPRski

Austin is great.

But I would not burden him with the additional responsibilty of the captaincy. Let him focus on scoring goals.

Of our curent playing players, I would give it to Rio or Henry.

I think that Austin has enough character to do both.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:07 - Feb 24 with 2676 viewssimmo

I think we should give it to Diakite. But on the basis that he wears the armband not on his arm, but around his head. Not the orthodox around the head either, I want it going under his chin and over the top of his big dome.

Really shit em up.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:22 - Feb 24 with 2647 viewsQPRMUSO

I would vote for Henry as captain, he shows great composure and is clearly well respected within the squad. green would be my next choice.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:36 - Feb 24 with 2634 viewsQPunkR

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:07 - Feb 24 by simmo

I think we should give it to Diakite. But on the basis that he wears the armband not on his arm, but around his head. Not the orthodox around the head either, I want it going under his chin and over the top of his big dome.

Really shit em up.

It's an oft-used phrase, but no less true for it;

Everybody wet bikini

QPR - "shit but local"

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:51 - Feb 24 with 2619 viewsadhoc_qpr

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 15:07 - Feb 24 by simmo

Really shit em up.

Samba could use the Captain's armband as a kind of garter to keep his short legs riding high!
[Post edited 24 Feb 2015 15:52]
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 16:37 - Feb 24 with 2581 viewsAntti_Heinola

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:33 - Feb 24 by R_from_afar

But his job is to be a defensive screen for our defence and he is the best exponent of that in the squad. It's a vital, unglamorous job which he does really well. He doesn't need to be a "flair" player.

RFA

we have an awful defensive record, so to say he 'does it really well' is a bit of a stretch. He does an adequate job slightly better than our other options, which are basically zilch at this moment in time. Say all you want about wht his job is, but a PL midfielder needs to be able to pass a ball forward, spot a pass, move the ball quickly, which he's not great at. Don't get me wrong, he's had a good season.

Had to laugh at the comment above saying he was vital last season. I'd love to have known when that was - he was dropped after he cost us the game at Burnley and barely played after that. Fair play to him, though - to come from being fifth or sixth choice to practically first choice shows what a good season he's had - and also the paucity of our other options there.

Not captain for me, but then generally i couldn't give a toss who's captain, it's pretty irrelevant.

Bare bones.

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 17:05 - Feb 24 with 2564 viewsLoft1979

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 16:37 - Feb 24 by Antti_Heinola

we have an awful defensive record, so to say he 'does it really well' is a bit of a stretch. He does an adequate job slightly better than our other options, which are basically zilch at this moment in time. Say all you want about wht his job is, but a PL midfielder needs to be able to pass a ball forward, spot a pass, move the ball quickly, which he's not great at. Don't get me wrong, he's had a good season.

Had to laugh at the comment above saying he was vital last season. I'd love to have known when that was - he was dropped after he cost us the game at Burnley and barely played after that. Fair play to him, though - to come from being fifth or sixth choice to practically first choice shows what a good season he's had - and also the paucity of our other options there.

Not captain for me, but then generally i couldn't give a toss who's captain, it's pretty irrelevant.

Antti, I agree with that. Not that Henry is not good or a valuable player, but I would wager that he could be 4 th choice soon after Sandy, Joey and Doughty. ....not necessarily in that order.
I can see Doughty taking advantage of this opening to take one of the defensive spots in front of Caulker and Rio.
Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 17:41 - Feb 24 with 2540 viewsBilly_Kershaw

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 13:34 - Feb 24 by Hunterhoop

Politely disagree, Disco.

On the pitch, Henry is the leader. He does loads of communicating with everyone and is one of the first ones to gee players up when we concede.

This whole thing about him being limited misses the point that "on the ball" isn't the whole thing. Footballers need to be good "off the ball" for the team to function at its best. Whilst "on the ball", Henry is solid but unspectacular, "off the ball" he's the best player in the squad. His reading of the game is excellent. Watch him closely the next time we play and notice how many times he slots in seamlessly at CB, LB or RB in open play due to someone else getting caught up field, going down injured.

This sort of thing is crucial to the team working. Then on top of all that, he covers about 10-15% more distance than ANY other player per game.

He's a leader. Your captain doesn't have to be your best player. Of the current first XI, he's more captain material than anyone else, in my view.

Karl "The Maestro" Henry for captain!!

Whilst "on the ball", Henry is solid but unspectacular, "off the ball" he's the best player in the squad.

We've got 1 or 2 who are at their best "off the ball"

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

Henry should replace Barton as captain. on 19:21 - Feb 24 with 2492 viewsGK10

I'd like to see Ned made captain. I think he would thrive on the responsibility and his game would improve on the back of it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024