Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something 11:16 - Feb 19 with 4165 viewscockneyswan

After watching Question Time last night I wondered if I am the only person who thinks “no jab no job” is a good idea? While I fully accept that any medical treatment is for the individual to choose or reject , equally business has the right to protect its customers any other employees surely?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:47 - Feb 19 with 766 viewsonehunglow

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:31 - Feb 19 by Professor

Yellow Fever vaccination is still a requirement for entry to many African countries.

I certainly would consider rabies and typhoid vaccination as pretty essential for many countries given the first is untreatable without prior vaccination and the second is increasingly drug resistant.

Untreated Typhoid has a 10% mortality rate.

How does covid compare with typhoid,dysentry,yellow fever ,Paul,as regards death

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:02 - Feb 19 with 752 viewscontroversial_jack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 12:19 - Feb 19 by Highjack

How are employers to know whether you’ve had the jab or not? Your medical records are (or at least should be) private between you and your doctor.

That is a very good point. Medical records are indeed data protected. Only the medical dept of your employer would know these
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:09 - Feb 19 with 738 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:01 - Feb 19 by hobo

Those are only for travelers from certain hotspots where a disease is prevalent. I've certainly never needed any vaccinations for going to Asia, Australia, South America etc

No. In Italy, for example, vaccines against the following diseases are mandatory for schoolchildren: polio, diphtheria, tetanus, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenzae B, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, and chickenpox.

There are many other countries the same. It’s not uncommon.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:13 - Feb 19 with 739 viewsonehunglow

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:09 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

No. In Italy, for example, vaccines against the following diseases are mandatory for schoolchildren: polio, diphtheria, tetanus, hepatitis B, haemophilus influenzae B, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, and chickenpox.

When we were agonising over MMR vaccines a while ago,Measles case went through the roof.It can still kill.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:15 - Feb 19 with 739 viewscontroversial_jack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:09 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Chickenpox, good grief, what next, vaccinations against nappy rash or cradle cap?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:19 - Feb 19 with 731 viewslondonlisa2001

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:15 - Feb 19 by controversial_jack

Chickenpox, good grief, what next, vaccinations against nappy rash or cradle cap?

Chickenpox can kill. Particularly in babies and people with weak immune systems. It’s not very clever if you’re pregnant either.

What the hell is the matter with you?
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:31 - Feb 19 with 725 viewsLohengrin

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:19 - Feb 19 by londonlisa2001

Chickenpox can kill. Particularly in babies and people with weak immune systems. It’s not very clever if you’re pregnant either.

What the hell is the matter with you?

I didn’t get Chicken Pox until I was thirty seven! It’s no stretch to say it felt like the end of the world. I’ve never been so ill.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:33 - Feb 19 with 725 viewsonehunglow

Chicken Pox is still very very unpleasant as is Measles.
Along with whooping cough,all are vaccined up nowadays.

Would you have chosen not to immunise your kids and have them run the risk of catching these illnesses.

Why would you choose not to vaccinate and risk death on others.

You're on dangerous ground here and I hope you're simply looking to wind people up.

Login to get fewer ads

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:38 - Feb 19 with 723 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:47 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

How does covid compare with typhoid,dysentry,yellow fever ,Paul,as regards death

Yellow Fever is nasty. About 5-10% mortality rate. No specific therapy.

Dysentery. Depends on the cause whether bacterial like Shigella or Yersinia or amoeba. Rarely fatal in itself, but dehydration and other infections can kill. Cholera is worse because of the volume of diarrhoea it causes. As much as 10 litres of fluid loss per day.

Typhoid is treatable, but drug resistance strains of Salmonella Typhi are increasingly difficult. CDC has announced transmission of a resistant form in the US-without treatment 5-10% mortality.

Covid is around 0.5-1% mortality, but hugely more transmissible. Yellow Fever needs mosquitos. The others, let's put this straight, are from shit-contaminated water.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:38 - Feb 19 with 723 viewscockneyswan

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 14:33 - Feb 19 by JACKMANANDBOY

I agree it feels very uncomfortable to me that a government could force people into having medical interventions. What happens to a person's body should be their decision, if we start to water this principle down then we risk a bit of a slippery slope.
If the intervention is good it will stand on its own too feet, we only need about 70 percent take up, it gives us room to accommodate those who have concerns and for them to change their mind if they want to.

I’m not advocating government forced medical treatment , just the employers right to insist employees accept COVID vaccine when it is offered, for the employee it’s a simple choice refuse jab refuse job.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:40 - Feb 19 with 722 viewsonehunglow

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:38 - Feb 19 by Professor

Yellow Fever is nasty. About 5-10% mortality rate. No specific therapy.

Dysentery. Depends on the cause whether bacterial like Shigella or Yersinia or amoeba. Rarely fatal in itself, but dehydration and other infections can kill. Cholera is worse because of the volume of diarrhoea it causes. As much as 10 litres of fluid loss per day.

Typhoid is treatable, but drug resistance strains of Salmonella Typhi are increasingly difficult. CDC has announced transmission of a resistant form in the US-without treatment 5-10% mortality.

Covid is around 0.5-1% mortality, but hugely more transmissible. Yellow Fever needs mosquitos. The others, let's put this straight, are from shit-contaminated water.

Thanks

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:53 - Feb 19 with 714 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:31 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

I didn’t get Chicken Pox until I was thirty seven! It’s no stretch to say it felt like the end of the world. I’ve never been so ill.

Had it in my 20s when in University. I entirely sympathise. I had to be prescribed benzodiazepines to get me to sleep as the irritation was so intense.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:56 - Feb 19 with 711 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:38 - Feb 19 by cockneyswan

I’m not advocating government forced medical treatment , just the employers right to insist employees accept COVID vaccine when it is offered, for the employee it’s a simple choice refuse jab refuse job.

I understand your point of view and at the same time I have concerns about the principle of coercing people by limiting their employment options based on their decisions about their own body. I see this one worth wider debate a parallel process is the experience of the Chinese social credit system where people are being excluded from every day activities because of their 'record' as decided by the government.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:00 - Feb 19 with 708 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:13 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

When we were agonising over MMR vaccines a while ago,Measles case went through the roof.It can still kill.

About 150, 000 people around the world annually.

Measles is highly transmissible- it's R0 is over 15, meaning need close to 95% vaccine coverage for herd immunity.

Kills about 2 in 1,000 kids infected and causes brain damage is a similar number. It's not a trivial disease.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:01 - Feb 19 with 708 viewsLohengrin

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:53 - Feb 19 by Professor

Had it in my 20s when in University. I entirely sympathise. I had to be prescribed benzodiazepines to get me to sleep as the irritation was so intense.

It’s bloody awful!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:13 - Feb 19 with 700 viewscontroversial_jack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:33 - Feb 19 by onehunglow

Chicken Pox is still very very unpleasant as is Measles.
Along with whooping cough,all are vaccined up nowadays.

Would you have chosen not to immunise your kids and have them run the risk of catching these illnesses.

Why would you choose not to vaccinate and risk death on others.

You're on dangerous ground here and I hope you're simply looking to wind people up.

I had all those illnesses when i was young, so did many others and i don't know of anyone who suffered ill effects because of them

We didn't give our kids the MMR and the same with the grandkids, I didn't, neither did my parents or any relative or friends. many had measles, German measles and all recovered and were fine

Measles was declared a mild disease by the WHO in 1959. In 1941, there were 1145 deaths from measles, in 1987 the year before the MMR was introduced there were 6, deaths, 10 years later there were 3. it can be seen that the introduction of the MMR had very little effect at all
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:17 - Feb 19 with 695 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:01 - Feb 19 by Lohengrin

It’s bloody awful!

Certainly was.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 670 viewshowenjack

No jab - no job - unworkable human rights for one . The cost of mass unemployment another . We are trying to recover from covid not sink the nation with mass unemployment.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 669 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:13 - Feb 19 by controversial_jack

I had all those illnesses when i was young, so did many others and i don't know of anyone who suffered ill effects because of them

We didn't give our kids the MMR and the same with the grandkids, I didn't, neither did my parents or any relative or friends. many had measles, German measles and all recovered and were fine

Measles was declared a mild disease by the WHO in 1959. In 1941, there were 1145 deaths from measles, in 1987 the year before the MMR was introduced there were 6, deaths, 10 years later there were 3. it can be seen that the introduction of the MMR had very little effect at all

Measles average between 500,000 and 700,000 cases per year before vaccination was introduced in 1968. After that they fell rapidly and are now around 800 cases per year. They did drop to 58 cases in 1998 before they started to rise after the discredited doctor published his MMR scare.

Another successful vaccination programme but still a few misguided parents denying their children protection.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:51 - Feb 19 with 664 viewsDr_Winston

CJ claimed not to be an anti-Vaxxer the other day.

Great innit?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:01 - Feb 19 with 653 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:46 - Feb 19 by felixstowe_jack

Measles average between 500,000 and 700,000 cases per year before vaccination was introduced in 1968. After that they fell rapidly and are now around 800 cases per year. They did drop to 58 cases in 1998 before they started to rise after the discredited doctor published his MMR scare.

Another successful vaccination programme but still a few misguided parents denying their children protection.

Also FJ, what the overall data does not show, are outbreaks in cities (London and Liverpool in particular) where vaccination rates have gone down below 80%. These have been pretty severe and caused huge problems with capacity in places like Alder Hey (the kids hospital in Liverpool).

Wakefield is now plying is trade as a prominent anti-vaxxer in the US. At 800 per year that may equate to a death or brain damage for one child.

Odd fact-one of Roald Dahl's daughters died of measles in the 1960s.

Thanks for your daily updates.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:02 - Feb 19 with 653 viewscontroversial_jack

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 16:46 - Feb 19 by felixstowe_jack

No, it was 236 k in 1968, but in 1970, two years after it's introduction it was up to 306k. In 1940 it was 409k , so it dropped by 173k before the vaccine was introduce., That works out at a drop of 6178 per year from 1940 to 1968 when the vaccine was introduced and a drop of 8368 per year from when the vaccine was introduced up to date. No exactly a wonder cure was it, given that living conditions increased dramatically after ww2 ended.
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:14 - Feb 19 with 645 viewsWingstandwood

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 15:53 - Feb 19 by Professor

I had shingles at a very early age, when I was told what it was I was surprised cos I thought it was an illness that affected much older people. What I learnt is it's a reactivated/reemergence of chicken-pox in a rather nasty form.

I was given an immeadiate prescrition despite having only four to five blisters, this was because the virus can attack the eyes. In fact I came accross a lady in Singleton Eye Dept whom had lost vision in one eye because of. So my advice for anyhow who expriences shingles symptoms/pain is to seek immediate mediacal attention and anti-viral medication.

Argus!

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:30 - Feb 19 with 629 viewsProfessor

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:14 - Feb 19 by Wingstandwood

I had shingles at a very early age, when I was told what it was I was surprised cos I thought it was an illness that affected much older people. What I learnt is it's a reactivated/reemergence of chicken-pox in a rather nasty form.

I was given an immeadiate prescrition despite having only four to five blisters, this was because the virus can attack the eyes. In fact I came accross a lady in Singleton Eye Dept whom had lost vision in one eye because of. So my advice for anyhow who expriences shingles symptoms/pain is to seek immediate mediacal attention and anti-viral medication.

It is indeed-same virus affecting nervous system
No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:41 - Feb 19 with 616 viewsmajorraglan

No Jab No Job:- am I missing something on 17:14 - Feb 19 by Wingstandwood

Your post resonates with me, I also had it at a young age, I think I must have been about 14 and the pain was excruciating, it was very very unpleasant. My mate’s father had it for years, he also had it in his eye, caused him no end of grief and pain.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024